Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 38454647
Results 2,301 to 2,345 of 2345

Thread: Marilyn Monroe

Hmm, not buying this one. As far as I know she was pregnant twice, the ones that are documented at least. First in 1957 which was ectopic ,and then during the filming of Some Like It Hot and later miscarried.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7752e56cf497012df0bd87aaac5e8d66.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	54181  
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

navallint Guest
    Marilyn Monroe Dressed in a Burlap Potato Sack, pics in link. I had never seen these, I looked around here and didn't see them. if they are, sorry.

https://gypsy.ninja/marilyn-monroe-burlap-potato-sack/

She makes burlap look good.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

I had only seen the one, she could wear anything and look incredible.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Poo Bah MCGee Guest
    Going back to my post at the top of this page, would toxicology tests on any remaining flesh or bone marrow show traces of drugs in her system.
    Once again, she's a celebrated private citizen. I don't know what kind of legal permits would be required to open her crypt at the late date.

It's funny she was a size 16 and considered a sex symbol, today she would be called fat and plus sized.

Ackman Guest
    What type of casket was she buried in? If it was a metal sealer, then sorry to say, she'd be a puddle of mush before the first year after death. I've seen what those sealer caskets can do. It's not pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by navallint View Post
    Marilyn Monroe Dressed in a Burlap Potato Sack, pics in link. I had never seen these, I looked around here and didn't see them. if they are, sorry.

https://gypsy.ninja/marilyn-monroe-burlap-potato-sack/
    man even those clear hooker shoes were popular back then.

navallint Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    man even those clear hooker shoes were popular back then.
    LOL I didn't notice the hooker shoes. Thats funny.

They were popular in the disco era, every girl I knew had a pair ! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    They were popular in the disco era, every girl I knew had a pair ! LOL
    Yep! Me too, I had a few pairs-
    I remember that I almost broke my ass with the first pair I had, but got use to them. Lol.

navallint Guest
    I had a few pairs, not acrylic but wooden clogs about 5". I painted flowers and peace signs on them. Oh, and elephant leg bell bottoms.
    I think Marilyn would have fit right in in the 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by navallint View Post
    I had a few pairs, not acrylic but wooden clogs about 5". I painted flowers and peace signs on them. Oh, and elephant leg bell bottoms.
    I think Marilyn would have fit right in in the 70's.
    Yes Nav, I think she was ahead of the times...Bet she would have been the "cool mom" if she had children-
    I had several pairs, one was the clog type, and Yep w/the bell bottoms, (flared legs) Mine were just plain tho-
    My poor ankles when I first got them! Yikes!
    I boogie oogie oogied til I just couldn't boogie no more! Just one big ol' dancin fool! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by erin View Post
    OK, my theory on how Marilyn died. Keep in mind that I have been obsessed with marilyn for more than 20 years now, and I have thought about this ALOT!

It's pretty common knowledge that Marilyn kept Eunice Murray as a housekeeper. What many don't know is that Mrs. Murray was in the employ of Dr. Ralph Greenson, Marilyn's physchiatrist. Greenson was clearly obsessed with marilyn, and regularly kept her as his only patient, and frequently had her in his house to "see how a normal family lived". Mrs. Murray was planted at Marilyn's house by Greenson so he could keep tabs on his patient at all times.

Marilyn, in my opinion, had realized that the people she was surrounding herself with were only holding her back, and she was determined to get better. So one day she decided to not see Greenson anymore, and she even fired Mrs. Murray the day Marilyn died. I think that Greenson was so distraught about losing the patient that brought him success and notoriaty, he had Mrs. Murray give Marilyn a barbituate enema in the hopes of making Marilyn believe she was about to overdose on sleeping pills, thus making her believe she still needed Greenson. What Greenson didn't know was that Marilyn's internist, Hyman Engleberg had given Marilyn a prescription for Nembutal (or am I getting it backward) and she had taken several that night. The chloryl hydrate that was in the enema had mixed with the Nembutal and killed her. I do believe her death was acciental in that respect. Mrs. Murray flipped out and called Greenson. He hurried over and together they tried to make it look like a suicide. Greenson broke Marilyn's bedroom window to try to make it look like they had to enter her room from it (as they said her door was locked), and they disposed of the enema's equipment (Murray's son simply threw the garbage in a trash can that was not located at Marilyn's home), Mrs. Murray washed the sheets to get rid of the evidence of an enema (she was found doing laundry at the time the police first arrived), and they positioned her in a way that would be consistant with an overdose suicide. They know she was postioned because there was lividity on the opposite side of her body than where she was found. It wasn't as pronounced as the lividity on her face where she was found laying becasue she had been moved before it could take hold.

So after my long winded theory, the bottom line is that I think Marilyn was accidentally killed by Greenson and Murray, becasue he couldn't fathom being with out the celebrity Marilyn brought him.

Now, as for the Kennedy's involvement, I do not believe they had anything to do with her death but they definately DID cover things up after she was gone. There is the red diary that went mising, that supposedly contained notes of Marilyn's conversations with both Jack and Bobby. Peter Lawford (JFK's Bro in law) was also a friend to Marilyn, but was loyal to the Kennedy's. I think it was he who went to Marilyn's house to recover the diary, even before he died, because he (and supposedly Bobby) were seen at her house earlier that day. When they found she died, they jumped at the chance to "clean house" to protect them from any scandal.

OK, I'm done. Sorry to be so long
    Good theory!

This will make a nice Christmas present to myself !

Poo Bah MCGee Guest
    I believe it was a bronze casket. Interesting thought on chemistry.
    I am waiting for someone to get an order to do a modern forensic autopsy, then retrieve the casket and open it. Her skeletal remains would still be present, which, while creepy as heck, would be fascinating to look upon.
    God, I sound as creepy as Hefner now.

Bronze is pretty non reactive. That's why we are still finding pieces Thousands of years old. I want my Urn to be Bronze. I don't want to ever see any more post mortum or any exhumation photos. She is forever young and beautiful in my mind. That's good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Poo Bah MCGee View Post
    I believe it was a bronze casket. Interesting thought on chemistry.
    I am waiting for someone to get an order to do a modern forensic autopsy, then retrieve the casket and open it. Her skeletal remains would still be present, which, while creepy as heck, would be fascinating to look upon.
    God, I sound as creepy as Hefner now.
    Sounds good to me too!!! Who know what modern technology could turn up!
    My Posse's On Broadway

I never believed this was suicide, just set up to look that way, way to many inconsistencies. I think the Kennedy's were responsible and Marilyn fell for the wrong men. To much information was passed along between the sheets and unfortunately she paid the ultimate price. I always feel if there are more questions than answers when a person dies, there is usually more to the story that certain people don't want us mere minions to know.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    There were a couple I had not seen. I love the last one, she looks incredible.

I am re-reading "Marylin Monroe" by Maurice Zolotow. The revised 1990 edition. But this time I read the dedication page, which was to his Daughter, Crescent Dragonwagon. (Hippie Name.) Whom we had met at the Dairy Hollow House, a B&B in Eureka Springs, AR, back in the 90's. She was Head Chef then. Wonderful food and very entertaining to talk to. Coinkydink.
    Last edited by cleanskull; 02-17-2019 at 06:15 PM.

I checked out her website, very interesting lady.

August 6th, 1962, Los Angeles Times, Obituaries:

Note that the "she-was-so-famous-and-beautiful-yet-so-unhappy" refrain was already there:

Marilyn Monroe, a troubled beauty who failed to find happiness as Hollywood’s brightest star, was discovered dead in her Brentwood home of an apparent overdose of sleeping pills Sunday.

The blond, 36-year-old actress was nude, lying face down on her bed and clutching a telephone receiver in her hand when a psychiatrist broke into her room at 3:30 a.m.

She had been dead an estimated six to eight hours.

About 5:15 p.m. Saturday she had called the psychiatrist, Dr. Ralph Greenson, and was told to go for a ride when she complained she could not sleep, police reported.

Her body was taken to the County Morgue, where Coroner Theodore J. Curphey said after an autopsy that he could give a “presumptive opinion” that death was due to an overdose of some drug.

He said a special 'suicide team' would be asked to investigate Miss Monroe’s last days to determine if she took her own life.
    How can one be hired in a special suicide team?

https://www.latimes.com/local/obitua...806-story.html

J.

Quote Originally Posted by J from Paris View Post
    August 6th, 1962, Los Angeles Times, Obituaries:

Note that the "she-was-so-famous-and-beautiful-yet-so-unhappy" refrain was already there:

Very true.

How can one be hired in a special suicide team?

https://www.latimes.com/local/obitua...806-story.html

J.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by erin View Post
    OK, my theory on how Marilyn died. Keep in mind that I have been obsessed with marilyn for more than 20 years now, and I have thought about this ALOT!

It's pretty common knowledge that Marilyn kept Eunice Murray as a housekeeper. What many don't know is that Mrs. Murray was in the employ of Dr. Ralph Greenson, Marilyn's physchiatrist. Greenson was clearly obsessed with marilyn, and regularly kept her as his only patient, and frequently had her in his house to "see how a normal family lived". Mrs. Murray was planted at Marilyn's house by Greenson so he could keep tabs on his patient at all times.

Marilyn, in my opinion, had realized that the people she was surrounding herself with were only holding her back, and she was determined to get better. So one day she decided to not see Greenson anymore, and she even fired Mrs. Murray the day Marilyn died. I think that Greenson was so distraught about losing the patient that brought him success and notoriaty, he had Mrs. Murray give Marilyn a barbituate enema in the hopes of making Marilyn believe she was about to overdose on sleeping pills, thus making her believe she still needed Greenson. What Greenson didn't know was that Marilyn's internist, Hyman Engleberg had given Marilyn a prescription for Nembutal (or am I getting it backward) and she had taken several that night. The chloryl hydrate that was in the enema had mixed with the Nembutal and killed her. I do believe her death was acciental in that respect. Mrs. Murray flipped out and called Greenson. He hurried over and together they tried to make it look like a suicide. Greenson broke Marilyn's bedroom window to try to make it look like they had to enter her room from it (as they said her door was locked), and they disposed of the enema's equipment (Murray's son simply threw the garbage in a trash can that was not located at Marilyn's home), Mrs. Murray washed the sheets to get rid of the evidence of an enema (she was found doing laundry at the time the police first arrived), and they positioned her in a way that would be consistant with an overdose suicide. They know she was postioned because there was lividity on the opposite side of her body than where she was found. It wasn't as pronounced as the lividity on her face where she was found laying becasue she had been moved before it could take hold.

So after my long winded theory, the bottom line is that I think Marilyn was accidentally killed by Greenson and Murray, becasue he couldn't fathom being with out the celebrity Marilyn brought him.

Now, as for the Kennedy's involvement, I do not believe they had anything to do with her death but they definately DID cover things up after she was gone. There is the red diary that went mising, that supposedly contained notes of Marilyn's conversations with both Jack and Bobby. Peter Lawford (JFK's Bro in law) was also a friend to Marilyn, but was loyal to the Kennedy's. I think it was he who went to Marilyn's house to recover the diary, even before he died, because he (and supposedly Bobby) were seen at her house earlier that day. When they found she died, they jumped at the chance to "clean house" to protect them from any scandal.

OK, I'm done. Sorry to be so long
    Very good narrative and makes good sense to me. Her is my photo creation of Marilyn's fatal enema.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EUNICE MURRAY AND MARILYN - ENEMA TIME.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	55290
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EUNICE MURRAY AND MARILYN - ENEMA TIME.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	55289  
    Last edited by RalphD; 12-13-2021 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Resize picture

Well, Marilyn's priceless and iconic "Happy Birthday, Mr. President" gown has been damaged by fat-ass wearing it.
    Whoever allowed this to happen in the first place should be fired from their job. It's one thing if they'd just examine it, study it, to make a replica for fat-ass to wear.
    They shoved ten pounds of shit into a priceless eight-pound bag and it didn't work.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/13/kim-ka...a-dress-claim/

I don't mean to fat-shame, it's just that I can't stand the Kardashians. I will always LMAO at this French and Saunders clip ..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20EAWITP8U8

Name:	French Saunders 1.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	55423

Name:	French Saunders 2.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	55424

Quote Originally Posted by Dave62 View Post
    Well, Marilyn's priceless and iconic "Happy Birthday, Mr. President" gown has been damaged by fat-ass wearing it.
    Whoever allowed this to happen in the first place should be fired from their job. It's one thing if they'd just examine it, study it, to make a replica for fat-ass to wear.
    They shoved ten pounds of shit into a priceless eight-pound bag and it didn't work.

Interesting article. Sad to see the before/after photos with sequins/beads missing 😞
    Apparently she did change into a replica gown once she made it up the stairs. Maybe shoulda just worn it the whole night, especially since she couldn’t actually fit into the real one after all (couldn’t zip it up).
    And, she supposedly went makeup-free. Photos don’t look that way, though.
    It’s a bit egomaniacal for Kardashian to “cast” herself in the same class as Monroe but that’s just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave62 View Post

Anyone with eyes knew this was going to happen. It sucks because such a legendary dress is now ruined but at the same time it serves them right for letting her use it to begin with. They should have stuck to their guns when they originally said no but i'm guessing the hoopla of working with a Kardashian was too much of a chance to give up...well you reap what you sow and now they will be out of pocket. What's worse is it's clear she doesn't care it's ruined and only cares she now has more publicity and will forever be linked with Marilyn now.

I think it was Ripley's Believe it or not that allowed her to wear it even after they consulted with a museum and were told that if it were them they wouldn't let her wear it. I agree they should have made a copy of the dress and let her wear that.

In the book Marilyn The Last Take it details the workmanship that went into making that dress. The materials used were flown in from France by designer Jean Louis, and Marilyn asked him "Make me a dress that only Marilyn Monroe would dare to wear". KK should never have been allowed near it. She ruined the ethereal effect that dress has produced since 1962! Here is Marilyn leaving her NY apartment to get ready, and later at the after party. Stunning!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	210dc5ed2889c22a4e98d3eee0e6e1e9.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	55425Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_069ed6919d2fc2b3e04463107b55479b_10bfce7c_1280.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	55426

I saw something in a yahoo article, can't find it now but either her team or the people that let her wear the dress said it was already in not great condition, I don't believe that for one moment, Kim K would not have worn it if it was not in good condition, she had to lose sixteen pounds to get into it, and if you look at Marilyn it looked like it was painted on her, so yes it was made to fit her body, Marilyn was a size 16.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I saw something in a yahoo article, can't find it now but either her team or the people that let her wear the dress said it was already in not great condition, I don't believe that for one moment, Kim K would not have worn it if it was not in good condition, she had to lose sixteen pounds to get into it, and if you look at Marilyn it looked like it was painted on her, so yes it was made to fit her body, Marilyn was a size 16.
    There is a big debate on her being a 16 and while it is technically true, it's wrong at the same time. Anyone lucky enough to see her clothes close up have said they don't believe they were plus sized. Add to that, someone who measured her for Blue Book the agency who first signed her said she was a size 12 although even then she was classed as 'Plump but in a beautiful way'. It's seemingly all down to the fact that the way someone is measure has changed over the decards so in todays standard she would most likely be about a 10-12.

I came across a good article explaining it a while back and it does a good job explaining things : https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...onroe-actually

If this is true, it's even more obvious fat ass was never gonna fit into the dress but as usual she did what SHE wanted to regardless of everyone else's feelings and the rest is history.

Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post

Ripley's is living up to its "Believe It Or Not" moniker in a bad way. So they're stating that the dress was already in bad condition, so we let Fat Ass get into it anyway. Coming into contact with a fat, sweaty Kardashian wearing perfume and body makeup could only IMPROVE the garment! Hardly a good explanation. I predict that when she gets married again, she’ll have the Shroud of Turin cut up so that Jesus’ head will be the back part of her bridal veil (looking out towards the cameras) and his hands will cover her implant-enhanced boobage.

This will show both Ripley's AND KK are responsible. From what I can see it does not appear damaged prior to her putting it on. The fur stole was to cover the fact that it did not fit her. Looks liked they sewed fabric straps to cinch the waist! There is where the damage was done. They are all to blame.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kim-kardashian-marilyn.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	276.9 KB 
ID:	55429 https://www.ladbible.com/entertainme...r-bum-20220505

This will show both Ripley's AND KK are responsible. From what I can see it does not appear damaged prior to her putting it on. The fur stole was to cover the fact that it did not fit her. Looks liked they sewed fabric straps to cinch the waist! There is where the damage was done. They are all to blame.
    Not really a surprise. How many times have that family been caught doing something on camera over the years then had the balls to try and claim it didn't happen. This is just one more thing to add to the list. The difference this time is it's an item that meant something. Even though it might be able to be fixed, it will never be the same and that is heartbreaking whatever way you look at it.

Why the dress is not in The Costume Institute in NYC is beyond me. It signifies an intimate moment in time between Marilyn and JFK. He would call and ask how it was coming along, and she would tease him that he would just have to wait and see. From all accounts he was dumbstruck when he saw her in it. Mission accomplished! It's a piece of pop culture that is forever tarnished since she got her hands on it. It's not the Holy Grail, LOL, but considering who wore it and the person she wore it for. KK sullies that image.

Why the dress is not in The Costume Institute in NYC is beyond me. It signifies an intimate moment in time between Marilyn and JFK. He would call and ask how it was coming along, and she would tease him that he would just have to wait and see. From all accounts he was dumbstruck when he saw her in it. Mission accomplished! It's a piece of pop culture that is forever tarnished since she got her hands on it. It's not the Holy Grail, LOL, but considering who wore it and the person she wore it for. KK sullies that image.
    Kim K wearing MM dress is like someone wearing another person's dentures.. The dress was made for Monroe's body.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Kim K wearing MM dress is like someone wearing another person's dentures.. The dress was made for Monroe's body.
    Exactly! I will have to get out the book that describes how Jean Louis literally sculpted that dress onto her. When he asked what was it for she whispered "It's a state secret". Indeed!

I wish people would leave this poor woman alone. An American tragedy, exploited in death as in life.
    Wonder what she looks like today, and if Hugh Hefner is required to kiss the corpse he idolized.

Clock is ticking, her house is going to be torn down soon .....

Demolition of Marilyn Monroe's former home in Los Angeles is on hold for now | CNN