Thread: Bones of Contention

ComputerGuy Guest

Bones of Contention

Watching Court TV last night and they told the story of Sandra Anderson and her cadaver dog Eagle, and how she planted evidence, etc.

Very Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerGuy View Post
    Watching Court TV last night and they told the story of Sandra Anderson and her cadaver dog Eagle, and how she planted evidence, etc.

Very Interesting.
    Not up to speed on this, a bit of background?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

ComputerGuy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Not up to speed on this, a bit of background?
    An internationally known handler of a cadaver dog admitted she planted bones and other phony evidence at crime scenes across Michigan and Ohio.
    Sandra Marie Anderson of Sanford and her Doberman-German short-hair dog, Eagle, participated in hundreds of searches, including at the World Trade Center after September 11 and at mass graves in Bosnia and Panama.
    Anderson, 43, searched dozens of historical sites ?? from a Nebraska Native American burial ground to a Mackinac Island golf course, hunting for remains of soldiers killed in 1812.
    But she has admitted she planted evidence for Eagle to find in at least a half-dozen cases. Lawyers for Azizul Islam of Plymouth, convicted in the 1999 murder and dismembering of his wife, have asked for a new trial based on the disclosure.
    FBI affidavits obtained by The Detroit News raise questions about why police didn??t catch Anderson before April 2002, when she was seen by a Michigan State Police employee planting a bone at a search site in the Huron National Forest.
    FBI records show that police also saw her plant evidence in January 2002 at the Proud Lake Recreation Center, near Wixom, in Oakland County.
    As early as 1999, Anderson repeatedly claimed to have found evidence that was inconsistent with what investigators were looking for.
    In July 2001, police in Columbia County, Wis., searched for a missing woman.
    ??(Anderson) located several bones in a pile of brush which had been placed there by a neighbor just hours before her arrival. The bones were human, but determined to be the bones of an older male, rather than a younger female,? reported FBI Special Agent David Marthaler.

Oh God, you know this is going to end bad
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Kathyf Guest
    She should go to jail.

cachluv Guest
    She should DEFINITELY go to jail. This is damaging people and society.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    She should DEFINITELY go to jail. This is damaging people and society.
    Holy Shit....you can`t trust ANYONE.....not even man`s best friend, thanks to man ( or woman )

Mrs. Watson Guest
    This was huge huge news around here when she was outed, then silence. Proud Lake Rec Area is like ten minutes from me.

I think she did get in a lot of legal trouble, but it was kept fairly quiet in the media. The various police agencies looked terribly foolish; they'd used her for years and years, all over the world.

Krissypoo Guest
    but I wonder why she did it? For attention I guess? or fear of losing her job?

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Krissypoo View Post

Now that`s the question ???????

donetodeath Guest
    she should go to jail,and never be able to work in that field again.Imagine all of the wrongly convicted people.I sure hope no one was executed because of false evidence!

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Krissypoo View Post
    And where did she / her neighbour get the human bones from? That is scary as!

b57hrle Guest
    Here's an article that she plead guilty and could face 2 years in jail........
    http://truthinjustice.org/sandra-anderson.htm

found that she was sentenced to 21 months in jail

its all being kept pretty quiet
    Last edited by b57hrle; 11-28-2007 at 08:26 AM. Reason: new info to add

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by b57hrle View Post
    Here's an article that she plead guilty and could face 2 years in jail........
    http://truthinjustice.org/sandra-anderson.htm

found that she was sentenced to 21 months in jail

its all being kept pretty quiet
    Nice post...thanks...

RoRo Guest
    It's a shame that people in trusted jobs do these things....now all will be looked at as suspect....ya know the old saying it trickles downhill

cachluv Guest
    I just watched this on TV (well, tape).

Sometimes people just leave you slack-jawed. I don't even know what to say.

The Detroit News

[SIZE=6]

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Sandra Marie Anderson and her Doberman-German short-hair dog Eagle participated in hundreds of searches, including at the World Trade Center and in Oakland County, MI.[/SIZE]

In her plea, she admitted to planting bones, carpet fibers, a toe and a bloody saw blade.
    She faces up to two years in prison under a plea agreement. Prosecutors wouldn??t discuss the reasons for her actions publicly.
    Anderson??s actions ??seriously undermined the ability of dedicated law enforcement officials to investigate crimes and bring those responsible to justice,? said R. Alexander Acosta, assistant attorney general for civil rights.
    The FBI reviewed cases that Anderson worked on in Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin, Louisiana, Michigan and Panama. More than a dozen police agencies took part in the investigation that began in April 2002, when Anderson was assisting the FBI in a search of the Huron National Forest searching for the body of a woman who had been missing for 20 years. A Michigan State police employee saw Anderson reach into her sock and place a human bone in the area being searched.
    A day earlier, an Iosco Township officer saw Anderson place a bone in an area that had been thoroughly searched. DNA testing showed the two bones could not have come from the missing woman.
    Within one day of the search, the FBI had learned of at least five questionable incidents involving Anderson.
    On Jan. 4, 2002, an Oakland County sheriff??s deputy saw Anderson drop a white, bone-like object from her right pant leg and ??bury the object under a small but obvious pile of dirt with her foot,then claim to find the same object.?
    In her plea, she admitted to planting the bone at Proud Lake, where police were searching for a body. She also admitted to planting a toe at a scene in Delta, Ohio on April 9, 2002 ?? even though police later found the missing body with all 10 toes intact.
    In the Plymouth case, Azizul Islam was sentenced to life in prison in October 2000 in the death of his wife, Tracy. Parts of her dismembered body were found in Dearborn and Ohio.
    Anderson admitted to planting a blood-stained saw blade in the basement of the house. While Tracy Islam??s blood was found in the basement, Anderson admitted to putting her own blood on the saw blade.
    ??This is so outrageous that it taints the whole system,? said Islam??s lawyer, Michael A. Schwartz. Wayne Circuit Judge Patricia Fresard is considering granting Islam a new trial.
    In an interview before charges were brought against Anderson, she told author Katherine Ramsland that she began working with dogs at age 18.
    ??Saying you ??might?? be able to do it is cruel. I??ve seen where dog teams have come through and told an agency that an area is all clear,? Anderson said. ??And then guess where I find it? Right there where they said nothing was there.?

I don't have any words, either. Yes I do, what a cheat. She not only cheated her job, but herself.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Wow. That is just crazy! Did she ever have any real finds then? Or were they all fake. I mean if she had real ones weren't they enough? Or had it been a while that she thought she had to make some up? So many questions.

cachluv Guest
    She faked everything. She was caught throwing bones down that she picked out her pockets.

She even put her own blood on a saw blade and planted the saw blade.

hoxharding Guest
    The bones supposedly came from evidence collections from other investigations.
    I think the special also said that some of her dogs had to be put down due to neglect. I think some at least died due to her neglect of the animals.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    She faked everything. She was caught throwing bones down that she picked out her pockets.

She even put her own blood on a saw blade and planted the saw blade.
    I wonder if that would work with an ex.......

cachluv Guest
    I've heard it works like a charm.

Guest Guest
    all she is is an attention whore...... she probably plants things for the thrill and attention you get from "discovering" something

Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    The bones supposedly came from evidence collections from other investigations.
    I think the special also said that some of her dogs had to be put down due to neglect. I think some at least died due to her neglect of the animals.
    Then 21 months is nowhere near long enough.

Did she ever say why she did this?
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Guest Guest
    I wonder if anyone was prosecuted based on this evidence? will they get new trials (probably) what a stupid twit