Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Winehouse

Perdi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Reecy View Post
    Those poor parents went through so much with Amy I agree with them. I'm glad they had that last hoorah for Amy. She would've loved it.
    I agree!! She would have loved it - her family and close friends, the people she loved most in the world, all having a really fab party in her honour!! I don't doubt they have all cried more tears than any of them can count over the last week!!!

That's what I want when I go...people being upset and crying and that for a wee bit, but then, 1 or 2 weeks later, all the crying is to be done - it ain't gonna bring me back - and an almighty party is to be had....and if anyone leaves sober, I'll haunt them!!!! ha ha!!!!

I like the photo of her when she was young in her school uniform.

When she was just getting started in her career I thought she was kind of pretty and healthy looking. I read she always thought she was ugly and people told her she was overweight. Sad.

I think she would have loved the celebration of life party. A lot of people I know want that kind of send off.

Miri81 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintgiver View Post
    Her parents handed some of her clothes out to fans outside her home today.
    That's sooo Amy, by the way.

mrsunshine Guest
    She knew she wasn't going to be here long. she made a hell of a thread for being 27

20 fucking 7.....this lady could have cleaned up and played county fairs for jesus

I think shes happiest now.

mrsunshine Guest
    I mean 45 years old......They tried to make me go to rehab......we all knew that shit wasnt coming. sorry. I miss Amy.

Quote Originally Posted by NineTails20 View Post
    She's now a member of the infamous '27 Club'. Regardless of her problems, she had an amazing voice. Just a shame she didn't feel the need to take up the offers of help and support that were there for her.
    I was always hoping she would clean up her act. RIP Amy.

desertangel Guest
    Just watched the 'Told You I Was Trouble' Live in London (2007?) DVD. It's got some great extras, including her first audition. Makes me even sadder. There are a few parts during the concert where she's waving to Blake up in the balcony and saying "I Love You" (BLECH)

tonysgirl4ever420 Guest
    Found a good article regarding Mitch handing out Amy's clothes to fans!
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...e-clothes.html

Has anyone seen the report on TMZ that she was in the process of adopting a young girl?

Beefbag Guest

I

I have waited a bit to chime in. I'm still sad. I had 2 deaths the same week to deal with in "real life"... Amy was amazing. Drugs or no drugs... We all have our problems... I will miss what she would whould have become...

Quote Originally Posted by Beefbag View Post
    I have waited a bit to chime in. I'm still sad. I had 2 deaths the same week to deal with in "real life"... Amy was amazing. Drugs or no drugs... We all have our problems... I will miss what she would whould have become...
    I'm sorry about your losses.

lI am sorry you had to suffer two deaths so close together . It must be a difficult time for you and your loved ones

Flowergrrl Guest
    Amy's daughter is beautiful... It's a shame, it makes me think maybe she was trying to get clean, finally. That poor little girl, she was so happy about being adopted by Amy.

Apparently, they've known each other, and have been very close, for the past two years.

King Cryo-le Guest
    'Amy Winehouse bought £1,200 of crack and heroin the night before she died', claims fixer

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz1TlWq65nO

hmmm...could be another tabloid story but the problem is, this is not an "anonymous source". The guy came forward with his real name, he will be interrogated by the police and is now known nationwide as "a drug fixer". So if he's making up stories, he's facing a serious backlash...

Noor 7ayaty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by King Cryo-le View Post
    'Amy Winehouse bought £1,200 of crack and heroin the night before she died', claims fixer

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz1TlWq65nO

hmmm...could be another tabloid story but the problem is, this is not an "anonymous source". The guy came forward with his real name, he will be interrogated by the police and is now known nationwide as "a drug fixer". So if he's making up stories, he's facing a serious backlash...
    Thanks, King! Good find.

Here's all I had to see (from the article):
    The 56-year-old, who was introduced to the tragic star by her ex-husband Blake Fielder-Civil, claimed he wanted her family to 'know the truth about what happened'.

After seeing that sickening video with that bastard -- the supposed 'racist' video where that scumbag promises 20 times 'I swear on my life I'm not taping [you]!' --I'd put nothing past him.

One gets the feeling that had he been there her last day, he'd sit there taking pics instead of calling for help, like Dana Plato's scuzzband did.

Noor 7ayaty Guest
    Welcome back, Beefbag. My condolences to you on your losses .. sorry to hear that. Hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by lulubaines View Post
    Has anyone seen the report on TMZ that she was in the process of adopting a young girl?

Oh No.... "Shirley you can't be serious"??????
    My Posse's On Broadway

heaven01uk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lulubaines View Post

Personally I wouldn't of let her adopt a wet fart but thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by heaven01uk View Post
    Personally I wouldn't of let her adopt a wet fart but thats just me.
    Winehouse Rep: Amy Was NOT Going to Adopt...

http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/01/wineho...oing-to-adopt/

LightoftheMoon Guest
    How nice of Mitch to give away his daughter's old tees. I really like that.

Perdi Guest
    Mitch has had a meeting today with some MP's to discuss rehab centres. Looks like he's throwing himself into trying to make some good come out of Amy's passing.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011...g-rehab-centre

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    In that doc I watched of her today, the paps were camped outside of her house night and day, and they were there so much, they her day to day movements - "she was a creature of habit" they said. They even showed her come outside (with a drag queen) and offer them tea and biscuits!
    Hi Aries, I've seen video of her, and read, she could be quite nice. Very down-to-earth, and friendly. Loved her fans.

Do you happen to remember the name of the documentary you saw?

Quote Originally Posted by Flowergrrl View Post
    Hi Aries, I've seen video of her, and read, she could be quite nice. Very down-to-earth, and friendly. Loved her fans.

Do you happen to remember the name of the documentary you saw?
    The Amy Winehouse Story

Amy adopted a daughter? I never knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    No, she did not. There is a rumor that she was in the process of adopting a ten year old girl, however her rep says it is totally untrue.

RaRaRamona Guest

Earlier someone said something about her beautiful daughter, but I think they meant her god daughter, at whose concert she made an appearance right before her death. She never adopted her though. She was her god daughter.

OK, thanks, I knew about the Goddaughter. I thought this was someone else.

JudyAnn Guest
    Random question about Amy Winehouse's forthcoming toxicology report/drug screen; does this HAVE to be released to the public, or can the family have it sealed via court order? Believe me, I love reading birth and death certificates and autopsy reports, but I wonder if the family can keep this information to themselves. Anyone know the legalities in the UK?

Also, when I croak, who gets access to *my* death certificate, autopsy report, etc. as a nobody famous/private citizen?

It might depend on where you are but I was able to order death certifcates of my cousin, grandpa and grandma from the state department of vital statistics. I just had to punch in a name and search for them so I'm pretty sure I could have ordered anyone's. I'm not sure if this is the same everywhere though.

RaRaRamona Guest
    On Seinfeld, George had to get permission to get a copy. And he double dipped a chip.

King Cryo-le Guest
    last picture she took with a fan :

http://www.misformusic.com/wp-conten...st-Picture.jpg

there is something scary about that picture, if you zoom in on it and compare the cute smiling face of the fan with the eyes and face of Amy.... She looks like a possessed demon, clearly something wrong...

the look on her face is creepy to me.. eek!

The fan is smiling but she almost looks a little frightened to me. Amy does look possessed in that picture.

LisaH. Guest
    Hello all. After lurking this board for many years I finally decided to join. Happy to be among like-minded folks. JudyAnn, my state (Arizona) is a "closed records" state. I know this because I just needed to order a death cert for my step-father and a birth cert for myself. I have a nasty habit of losing things. In order to access these records you need to be an immediate family member or an attorney representing same. They do ask for proof and notarized documents. I suppose the laws do vary from state to state, though.

It might depend on where you are but I was able to order death certifcates of my cousin, grandpa and grandma from the state department of vital statistics. I just had to punch in a name and search for them so I'm pretty sure I could have ordered anyone's. I'm not sure if this is the same everywhere though.

We learned with Mike Starr that in Ohio it is not public knowledge to release details on death. Only the family gets the details. But I think most states it is public knowledge or can be. Who knows what its like in England ect..

I think im wrong about Ohio...I cant remember now where he was when he died, Utah, Ohio, Colo... LOL Where ever he was when he died wont release the info LOL

RaRaRamona Guest
    The little girl looks uncomfortable. Amy just looks glassy eyed. She's just making a face, it seems to me, like duuuude.

Either that or she's about to puke.

I just checked on death certificates here and I would be able to order one for Hubert H Humphry, so I guess I can get anyone's. Not that there have been many interesting people who have died her.

In Tennesse you have to be immediate family, executor of the estate or be the informant listed on the death certificate. I'm a deputy registrar in a county health dept and actually issue death certificates. Some people get awfully mad when they can't get a copy.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket View Post
    In Tennesse you have to be immediate family, executor of the estate or be the informant listed on the death certificate. I'm a deputy registrar in a county health dept and actually issue death certificates. Some people get awfully mad when they can't get a copy.
    What are some of their reasons for wanting one?

KarmaKat Guest
    When I heard about this like many of you I just wasnt surprised. It was like getting told news you already know.
    Such a tragic waste of life.
    Do we really believe that she was clean and trying?

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyAnn View Post
    Random question about Amy Winehouse's forthcoming toxicology report/drug screen; does this HAVE to be released to the public, or can the family have it sealed via court order? Believe me, I love reading birth and death certificates and autopsy reports, but I wonder if the family can keep this information to themselves. Anyone know the legalities in the UK?

Also, when I croak, who gets access to *my* death certificate, autopsy report, etc. as a nobody famous/private citizen?
    I speak from a professional standpoint.

I do not know the laws of the UK. Amy's manner of death will in all liklihood be classified as accidental (if an overdose which I am sure it is) and therefore here in the US, her death is public information. Her toxicology results would be considered public. It is extremely rare for family to be able to petition a court for those results to not be released.

The UK may be entirely different, I am not sure.

As for death certificates, that depends on the state and county that holds your death certificate. Some require proof you are a family member and some anyone can get it if they pay a fee.

Autopsy reports are almost always kept to NOK (next of kin) only being able to get a copy. I can speak for where I work and live, no one can get an autopsy report from our office without not only being family, but you must be the NOK only.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by KarmaKat View Post
    When I heard about this like many of you I just wasnt surprised. It was like getting told news you already know.
    Such a tragic waste of life.
    Do we really believe that she was clean and trying?
    I wasnt surprised. The day before I was looking on here, and saw someones sig about the deathpool here, so I was looking at it, and saw Amy Winehouse on it for this year, and I though, man I should join this deathpool, she would be the first person I picked. Then get up the next day, and see she is dead. Its sad she lost her battle against drugs and alcohol if that is what got her, but either way, the drugs ect... wrecked her body.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Sorry, I thought the story was true... It seemed real.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowergrrl View Post
    Sorry, I thought the story was true... It seemed real.

?

Amy's eyes look bloodshot to me. Up to long or buzzin' like a yellow jacket's nest?

A few pages ago I saw a post that mentioned that Amy had a boob job. I saw some pictures of her from not too long ago that showed her topless walking down a beach. It appeared to me (I consider my self an expert) that they were perfect natural boobs. Was the augumentation done with in the last year or so?

Here is something I intended to mention a few pages back when Amy's cremation was discussed. A few months ago a beloved uncle of mine died and he wished to be cremated. Instead of going to a funeral home, we went to the crematory where they had a small chapel with my uncle Dick laying in the pasteboard box. He was 76 when he died and was fairly wrinkled. I was amazed to see his face somewhat swollen and most of the facial wrinkles gone. I asked the cremator if a dead person could still experience swelling after death. The cremator told me that people who are to be cremated are not injected with embalming fluid, but with another fluid which helps the body burn more evenly that causes the corpse to swell beforehand. Despite my high level of decades long death haggery, I had not known this fact.
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

RaRaRamona Guest
    Amy had an obvious boob job. I actually felt sorry for her bc they were such frankenboobs. Total bolt ons like Posh. but she was so thin they wouldn't have looked like anything else.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    ?
    I thought the story about her adopting was true, sorry.

Over the weekend I am off to her house! I am off to London and will go there and pay my respects to Amy.

I live in Texas and I had to do all kinds of crizap to get a copy of my Dad's Death Certificate. My Dad's name was not on my Birth Certificate otherwise I could have just sent that along with my ID and my marriage license (showing my name change). So I had to send a copy of my parents Divorce Decree (where he claimed me) AND my Birth Certificate AND my ID AND my Marriage License.

I have been TRYING to get copies of his Hospital Records for YEARS and they say no no no, my old StepMonster is listed as next of kin and the bitch won't talk to me (long story). I haven't tried in a while, but it has been almost 20 years what the hell they think I am gonna do with it anyway?

I hope they do release the Tox Report for her, especially if it turns out to be drugs (duh) and her family is serious about starting "Foundations"....
    My Posse's On Broadway