Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4111213141522 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Winehouse

MichaelCNH Guest
    One wonders if the crematory retort holding Amy Whine Souse's remains lit up like the space shuttle when they burned her, due to the inordinate amount of alcohol sloshing around in her corpse.

Hero Worship - They Deserve it. I preserve it.

Cat_AmmaKittehKat Guest
    I understand celebs are fair game but I wont take the piss out of an addict other than myself!

...... my posting history will prove that statement completely inaccurate so its game on for all

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    Great read, Scott!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

heaven01uk Guest

Good Job Scott

Flowergrrl Guest
    She could have died from heart failure due to her bulimia, and not drugs at all. Bulimia and anorexia can make someone look like a drug addict.

The photo of them carrying her out shows how thin she was. Even through the sheet... You can see how wasted away her shoulder and arm were. She was so slender, not much more than bone.

What the heck is up with people photographing celebrities, or anyone else, while they're doing drugs?!?!

I dont think a racist would have all black back up singer's, a all black security team and sing music that is based on the black soul sound of the 60's.

Awesome job Scott!
    [SIGPIC]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Shannon Guest
    I just have to comment of the pics before I read her page.
    The top photo she looks pretty. The little ones do frighten me though. She could have made a good night of the living dead zombie.

lisalouver Guest
    Excellent as always!

I had forgotten about all those pics when she looked so bad

Perdi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    I dont think a racist would have all black back up singer's, a all black security team and sing music that is based on the black soul sound of the 60's.
    ...not forgetting the black God Daughter who she doted on...

ooo and before I forget, this is the official 'last picture' of Amy. Taken last Wenesday night, with Dionne Bromfield and British boyband 'The Wanted' (yes, they're as shit as they sound!!). It's taken after she appeared on stage with Dionne in the much seen video at Camden Roundhouse. Dionne was the support act for The Wanted, who are on tour at the moment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	263702-final-photo-of-amy-winehouse-star-smiles-with-the-wanted-and-goddaughter-410x230.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	31272  

Flowergrrl Guest
    She could have died from heart failure due to her bulimia, and not drugs at all. Bulimia and anorexia can make someone look like a drug addict.

The photo of them carrying her out shows how thin she was. Even through the sheet... You can see how wasted away her shoulder and arm were. She was so slender, not much more than bone.

What the heck is up with people photographing celebrities, or anyone else, while they're doing drugs?!?!

AllyTheHag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    or it could just be them walking from point a to point b and some random person snapped the photo. Might not really mean anything, just that somebody needed to carry her ashes and they were the ones to do it.
    I meant the other photo. There's one where they are just walking out of a building carrying the bag containing her ashes, but in the other one they're posing with the ashes. They're standing next to a van, gathered in a semi-circle, holding the ashes and one of them is actually pointing at Amy's name on the container. I think that's the photo that most people were put-off by. (I thought the pointing was specially tacky, like they wanted to be extra-sure that people knew it was Amy's ashes). I was just saying that there might have been a whole different motive behind that.

You're right about the other photo, though. The one where they're just walking with her ashes seems completely incidental.
    Last edited by AllyTheHag; 07-27-2011 at 03:35 PM.

nice! I like the picture of the ballet slippers in the car, and the young picture of her on top, who knew she could look so cute?
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 07-27-2011 at 03:40 PM.

15. 07-27-2011, 03:39 PM

I was thinking the same exact thing. I mean she pretty much had a black man living with her, and the rest she works with that you mentioned. She couldn't have been too racist.
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 07-27-2011 at 03:45 PM.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Thank you Jefe... And as someone else pointed out, so is her goddaughter. Who, even with whatever problems she's dealing with, she went out on stage to support.

I think her ex deliberately set her up for that... I know no one else will agree with me, but that's what it seemed like.

Quote Originally Posted by Flowergrrl View Post
    Thank you Jefe... And as someone else pointed out, so is her goddaughter. Who, even with whatever problems she's dealing with, she went out on stage to support.

I think her ex deliberately set her up for that... I know no one else will agree with me, but that's what it seemed like.
    What did her ex do? I was wondering where the racist stuff even came from. Man, that guy looks like such a slimeball.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdi View Post
    I was just reading that too...it's quite beautifully written I thought.

Thoughtful, loving tribute from Russell Brand...deep feelings and understanding. RIP Amy.

AllyTheHag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    What did her ex do? I was wondering where the racist stuff even came from. Man, that guy looks like such a slimeball.
    They are talking about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75yif...eature=related

I warn you, it is offensive, but I agree that her ex put her up to it. She later apologized. BTW, if you didn't like her ex-husband before, you're probably going to hate him after you watch this video.
    Last edited by AllyTheHag; 07-27-2011 at 03:57 PM.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I am assuming the accusations of her being racist is from the video he took of her when she was high. She didn't want to sing the song, he kept nagging and egging her on, he swore he wasn't recording her... Then it gets out and now she's a racist.

Any of it he could have used against her later. They have a law if someone is recorded or photographed with evidence of drugs, that they can face charges. Him being the scum he is, it would not surprise me if he did it deliberately.

AllyTheHag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowergrrl View Post
    Him being the scum he is, it would not surprise me if he did it deliberately.
    Oh, I have no doubt he did it deliberately! You can see in the video (I've posted a link) how he keeps telling her to 'do it, do it' and repeatedly lies to her (swearing on HER life!), that he's not filming it, and she seems so out of it. He's scum.
    Last edited by AllyTheHag; 07-27-2011 at 04:05 PM.

23. 07-27-2011, 04:02 PM

Thanks for the info, Ally and flowergrrl. Yes, it's not a flattering portrayal of her but I'd say actions speak louder than words (especially when you're fucked up), such as her band, security and goddaughter.
    Her ex-husband is a disgusting example of humanity. At least she was smart enough to get away from him.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Yeah, the video Ally posted... That's it!

I agree Ally, I do believe he had the intention of using it against her. She died, even if it wasn't from doing drugs, they have taken a run on her body and health... And this scum is still alive.

What is wrong with his new girlfriend who actually had a baby with him. Jesus. Pray for that child.

27. 07-27-2011, 04:42 PM

Bassetlover09 Guest
    Great job Scott!

Noor 7ayaty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Princess View Post
    What's that supposed to mean?
    Many people -- and these are just their opinions, I didn't know Layne personally, but truly loved his talent -- felt that Layne told people in many ways that "he was not asking to be saved." Even when he went in public in his neighborhood, people respected his space, seldom chatting him up. Some felt his will to live ended when his ex died; others seemed to think he just drew the line at ever giving up his addiction.

Amy was so open about her addictions, knowing she was taped countless times in public intoxicated, high, or evidencing 'bizarre' behavior, that now, in retro, I wonder if she was making a statement somehow similar to Layne's.

The odd thing is, that song "Rehab." This will sound odd, but I thought she'd rally on her own, especially when she began looking healthier recently. I've seen several artists kick without rehab, simply from finding strength in themselves. Amy had strength; her weak points (outside addiction) were stage nerves and admitted writer's block at times. Maybe drinking or using too much came from her trying to relax before going onstage, but overdoing it and accidentally wrecking the performance.

Call me rottenly optimistic. I was crushed when Layne was gone, and I'm in the minority of people who thought Amy was young enough to not be gone so young. But even a young body can be compromised to the point that accidental death can occur without it being due to a large OD.

I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Holy cow, I mean holy horse! It dose look like her
    I read that one of the drugs she had purchased before she died was horse tranquilizer.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    I read that one of the drugs she had purchased before she died was horse tranquilizer.
    Ketamine. Special K. Kinda like pcp. Popular in electronic music clubs and raves since the late 80s early 90s.
    http://dancesafe.org/drug-information/ketamine
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by "What Tha....?" View Post
    Is it even remotely possible that drugs wasn't the DIRECT cause of death? What I mean by that is it possible there weren't any drugs in her system at the time of her death? If not, then I'm guessing drugs would've been an indirect cause of her death.
    Is there such a thing as once someone gets out of rehab, their health is still in jeopardy, because of withdrawl? Like is it possible her body was working too hard to try to recover from all the drugs that used to be in her system and she had a heart attack from it?
    I'm thinking along the lines of like Karen Carpenter. She finally beat being anorexic, but it was too late. There was already too much of a strain put on her heart.

Very similar situation with Andy Gibb. Even though he had finally kicked his cocaine habit, his heart was already too damaged from years of drinking and drug abuse and he died of a viral heart infection (myocarditis). Sad.

Shannon Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that LOL.
    Your avatar is sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by sara View Post
    RIP Amy!!

I wonder if you've seen this video of Amy.She is so sweet and young and carefree, this is how we all should remember her.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...years-old.html

Wonderful video...so young and sweet. Thank you for posting this- it was nice to see!

Amy and her backup singers...their 2008 Grammy performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md_YNiGo_Bs

RaRaRamona Guest
    Wow I had also forgotten about those pics! Yikes man. Nice write up though, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by AllyTheHag View Post
    They are talking about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75yif...eature=related

I warn you, it is offensive, but I agree that her ex put her up to it. She later apologized. BTW, if you didn't like her ex-husband before, you're probably going to hate him after you watch this video.
    it's just a stupid song. Why has she been labeled a racist over what sounds like a stupid kids song?

That's like fimling someone sing the kiddie song "Chinese, Japanese, dirty knees, look at these!" And calling them racist.

There are plenty of things I'd call her but racist isn't one. Bad decision maker, rotten choice maker, things like that.

Flowergrrl Guest
    "Looks like someone has been bloody murdered doesn't it?!"... At seeing the flowers laid at the entrance in front of her house.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqDXl7bSRro

My thoughts exactly...I wonder why this person assumes she was racist...what proof is there?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

Scratch that...found the answer...
    but yeah I'm with the other poster...seems like a really ridiculous song, and a really silly reason to call someone a racist. I sang the "Chinese, Japanese, Dirty Knees" song when I was a kid and I"m pretty far from racist...Seems like something done when she was pretty f'd up, and egged on by her junkie husband. Sad really. Especially that he recorded it and then released it, knowing it'd be damning..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

Admittedly, I didn't know much of her music (other than Rehab, of course) before her death. But being a death hag, I went and downloaded her albums. I must say, her voice was gorgeous. Her sound was an awesome throwback, and I am thouroughly enjoying both albums. I especially like her cover of "To Know Him Is To Love Him", especially since I'm a huge fan of Phil Spector era stuff.

And I gotta love the woman for bring the beehive hairdo back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AllyTheHag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    it's just a stupid song. Why has she been labeled a racist over what sounds like a stupid kids song?

That's like fimling someone sing the kiddie song "Chinese, Japanese, dirty knees, look at these!" And calling them racist.

There are plenty of things I'd call her but racist isn't one. Bad decision maker, rotten choice maker, things like that.
    I think the main difference (and the reason why people find the song offensive) is that some of the words she's using are actual racial slurs that are used to refer to people of Japanese, Turkish and Asian descent, and are meant to be offensive ... basically the equivalents of the 'N' word to refer to black people or the 'S' word to refer to Hispanics. Also, when a child sings a song like this, chances are that the child doesn't really understand what she's saying, but an adult is expected to know better.

That said, I agree with you that Amy was probably not a racist. Other than this stupid song that she was goaded into singing when she was high out of her mind, I've never seen any evidence that says she was. As far as I know, it was all based on this video.

Personally, I find the behavior of the others in the video (mainly her ex-husband) far more appalling and offensive than the song. It is apparent to me that they knew how some people would perceive this and how detrimental that would be to her image, yet they went ahead and encouraged her, filmed it and then allowed it to be released.

But Amy a racist? I don't believe so. I think it's more what you said -- bad decisions and bad choices, not to mention bad company and bad, bad drugs.
    Last edited by AllyTheHag; 07-27-2011 at 08:45 PM.

I think they are calling her horseface with the carrot.
    You're a genius, and must have a bit of a mean streak to get the joke.

Horses trot and eat carrots. Now, that is funny. Mean, but funny.

I think they are calling her horseface with the carrot.

Regardless of anyone's opinion of Amy, leaving a message on a carrot and implying she had a "horseface", is just rude, tasteless and entirely unnecessary. Hmmm, could it be that the person who left the carrot actually resembles the other end of said horse?!

DonnaMc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cdolen View Post
    Regardless of anyone's opinion of Amy, leaving a message on a carrot and implying she had a "horseface", is just rude, tasteless and entirely unnecessary. Hmmm, could it be that the person who left the carrot actually resembles the other end of said horse?!
    LOL. Sounds like it to me!! What an asshole!

[QUOTE="What Tha....?";1179331]Now, see I have a different take on the bodyguards posing with Amy's ashes for a pic. I found it very touching and symbolic. I look at is as they guarded her body while she was alive, so they wanted to guard her body one last time now that she has passed on. I agree with Jefe. Bodyguards sometime can get pretty close to the person they're working for. And goodness knows, they certainly had to earn their money trying to guard Amy. With all the paparazzi and fans, plus her unstable condition, I'm sure it must've been a challenge at times. It may have well been that the bodyguards knew even more about Amy than her parents.
    QUOTE]

Very thoughtful and well said- ITA with you in regards to the relationship and feelings between Amy and her personal bodyguards/security team. These guys were with her and around her 24/7/365- I'm sure they saw and heard it all...and more.

Subject_B Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyTheHag View Post
    That said, I agree with you that Amy was probably not a racist. Other than this stupid song that she was goaded into singing when she was high out of her mind, I've never seen any evidence that says she was. As far as I know, it was all based on this video.

I know I grew up with some insanely racist songs and rhymes, some of them just as blatant as in that video. And no, I don't think that makes her racist.

People do and say stupid things when they're wasted, especially in the company of people they are comfortable with. Heck, my husband and I are constantly "picking on" each other's heritage when we're totally straight! But there's never any malice in it. It's funny to us because it's so far from our true personalities.

But if you were to secretly record us ribbing each other about Nazis, Jews, Italians, him going "redneck", etc, and post it on Youtube, we'd be the most hated people in America.

apparently Her dad thinks amy died due to her quiting drinking.
    Last edited by hrhdiesel; 07-28-2011 at 11:34 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    interesting and well thought out take on it. They were probably asked to carry her remains and somebody snaps a pic of them. To conclude from that picture they are blood sucking vultures looking to get notoriety is a pretty huge leap to make, I'd say.

Ok, so after listening to some of Amy's music and thinking a bit more about the situation. I'd like to retract my opinion that she didn't belong in the 27 club and here's why. She had talent, she could sing and she was good at what she did. In the 60's/70's (even the 90's), TMZ style reporting wasn't around so artists had a bit of a mystique about them. We were basically let into Amy's life and had a front row seat as she crashed and burned. The other 27'ers most likely went through some crazy shit but all we knew about them was the music and their talent. We knew they were on something, but we weren't shown it every other minute of the day. Further more, if Janis Joplin (who had a short career and a so so voice) is embraced in that club, than there is no reason Winehouse shouldn't be.

The End.
    Couldnt have said it better! It takes a big man to admit he made a mistake! If Amy had been around in the 60's - would we really have seen some of the gory pics we had seen of her at her worst?? I think we would have known she had a problem - but not seen as much evidence!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Sun newspaper over here in the UK is about as reliable for facts as the National Enquirer in the USA . I find it hard to believe that the shock to her body from not drinking killed her.The doctor who gave her a clean bill of health the day before would have something to answer for if that was the case.
    Also,I don't get why the boyfriend is saying he lost his love when all the reports say he finished with her ? and that is one the reasons a suspected suicide is rife.
    I don't think we'll know anything concrete until the drug tests come back .She looked very frail with her eating disorders,emphesema of the lungs, it could be natural causes that killed her.Periods of starvation affect the heart and brain.We'll just have to wait

We're all walking dead Guest

Time period

The findadeath article on Amy states she went to her bedroom at 10pm. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure she went to her bedroom at 10am and was found at 4pm that very afternoon. This would be a total of 6 hours. Her last tweet was either July 22 or 23. Today is July 28th and her tweet shows 6 days ago. It read "oinka oikna oinka why you awake". That was the 1st tweet she had made in almost 6 months. Sadly it WAS her last. RIP Amy

RaRaRamona Guest
    DTs would explain the noises heard from her place. But I have to disagree with you on the TE. They've broken some huge stories lately! It's pretty remarkable.

Evil Sushi Guest
    Classic Amy on Never Mind the Buzzcocks. She's downing wine from a mug during the show and saying how she's going to meet Pete Doherty later on. She's quite funny though!

Amy: That's my new thing.
    Simon: I thought that was crack.
    Amy: Do I look like Russell Brand?
    Simon: Yes.

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRSQcbNBPiY

Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAYTnSNzU48

Part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIV3zvnoLKY