Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Winehouse

I guess this website is now obsolete:

http://www.whenwillamywinehousedie.com/

I feel badly for her family, but Amy was basically slowly committing suicide for many years. She knew full well what her continued drug use would lead to.. death. I had hoped someday she would have wanted to become clean. I feel sad remembering how she used to sound and look.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

mstee2u1972 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    I guess due to my past I see things different than most folks. I know im wired different than most folks. I think there is a bit of a difference between managing a Marlboro and Glenlivet habit and Heroin and Cocaine addiction. Some people have more will power than others. Its not as simple as just saying no. Some people cant just stop. They are born that way. Its the same as men that are born gay or women that are born bitches. They cant choose who they are.
    In complete agreement with your post. If it were only as simple as saying no then there would be no need for a Betty Ford clinic or Celeb Rehab with Dr. Drew. Yet for all of the comments others have made that Amy pissed away her talent and life due to her addictions, I still cannot judge her for the choices she made. Could have very easily been me or any number of people I have known that could have succumbed to their addictions just like she did.

Flowergrrl Guest

If that is true...

Quote Originally Posted by heaven01uk View Post
    Make of it what you will but this is on the People website

http://www.people.co.uk/celebs-tv/ce...2039-23292397/

How much of it is true no idea
    OMGosh, you should NEVER mix Ketamine with alcohol... Ever. That by itself could cause serious damage, even death, not to mention all the other drugs they have listed.

Ketamine is a highly potent drug, it's best to mix it with only one other drug. And it should ONLY be mixed with an upper.

Could you imagine Hendrix, Joplin and Morrison or even Cobain in the age of paparazzi? Would they be so revered? It amazes me that educated people in this day and age still don't believe that drug addiction is a disease. Some people come pre-wired to have addictive personalities. These people are sick.
    I agree. But there's only so much you can do for a person until you just throw your hands up in the air and say "Fuck it!" and walk away. It's hard to give a shit about someone that doesn't give a shit about themselves.

A human being can only take so much of an addict's antics and their BS.

I say all this because I have a (former) friend who is dealing with alcoholism and refuses to get help - even tho he's had all kinds of health problems because of it.

I walked away because I couldn't deal with his crap anymore - especially when he tried to drag me into some of it because of the alcohol.

I'm pretty sure a lot of Amy's friends probably got fed up with her too in the end.

We can all walk around judging other people because let's face it, that's what keeps some people going day to day but no one has the right to judge another. I don't condone what she did but I feel for Amy & her parents. Life, to quote Chapelle, "...is a helluva drug"
    Last edited by soaring_butterfly; 07-23-2011 at 07:57 PM. Reason: spelling

GravesEnd Guest
    Rather poignant.

Back to Black

Over the last few years I had imagined coming to the Musicians section one day to find an Amy Crackhouse thread that was several pages long the first 24 hours and by Jove it has happened. Its still eerie although I had anticipated this.

I hope there is cognizance of this world in the after life so I'll know how and when Zsa Zsa died.
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

DonnaMc Guest
    Don't we EVER LEARN? RIP Amy.

RIP Amy

MissVondaKaye Guest
    I have a cousin who is a hopeless addict and he has spent the majority of his adult life in prison for assorted crimes. No amount of love, support or help from friends or family has ever done a drop of good - he always turns back to drugs and alcohol. Some people simply can never beat it. By some miracle, he has made it to age 50.

The tragedy of Amy Winehouse, to me, is not that she apparently OD'd. It is the fact that everybody saw it coming and could do nothing to stop it. Could she have got her shit together and turned it around? Maybe. Now we will never know.

My favorite vocal of hers is "Valerie" - she did have an awesome, bluesy sound that doesn't come around often. The moment I personally will always remember is the year she ruled the Grammy's and she said so dramatically, "My Blake. Incarcerated!"

RIP, Amy. May you find the peace in the afterlife that you could not grasp on Earth.

knothere Guest
    amen niel

stay_zee Guest
    Here's to Amy
    wherever she is now
    Hoping she finds the comfort
    she searched for in every pipe and bottle
    The love that escaped her in life
    she could'nt manage to give herself

After the Belgian concert all I could think is she could be Judy Garlands grand daughter

RIP Amy

If Amy Winehouse was of the artistic caliber of Hendrix, Joplin, and Morrison, then 47 "new" albums of hers will be released in the next ten years.
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

Forever-27 Guest
    Well, looks like I need to try and find an updated avatar

I am shocked.....That she was only 27 yrs old. I figured girlfriend was at least 40. Drugs are BAD, mmkay?

BabaBooey Guest
    I agree with others in that that I was at first a little shocked but not really surprised. I've been reading articles that even her parents knew it was just a matter of time. I'm sure it doesn't make things easier for them.

Here are two incredible before and after photos of Amy: http://www.flickr.com/photos/14793517@N05/2062452167/ and http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...oos-scars.html

19. 07-23-2011, 10:52 PM

Spectre Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BabaBooey View Post
    Wow... Amy certainly burned the candle at both ends.

GuiltyLittleDeathHag Guest
    I think she was very smart and talented, such a shame she wasted all of it on drug addiction. She was born same year as me, hard to believe she was that young, she looked so much older and so emaciated from the years of drug use. I really do feel sorry for her family. I remember reading something a while back about her father and how hard he tried to help her. I read he had just flown to New York and got the news upon arrival and had to fly right back to London. What a nightmare that must have been...They say the songs she wrote when she went through her divorce 2 years ago show a great deal of pain. I hope now her demons are gone. RIP Amy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Wow... Amy certainly burned the candle at both ends.

This is what I was just saying also, she looked so emaciated from the drug use. I used to look at pics of her and think she looked like she was going to die, she was skin and bones and it was very clearly from drug abuse, she definitely did not look healthy for a long time.

kandykisses Guest
    Could you imagine Hendrix, Joplin and Morrison or even Cobain in the age of paparazzi? Would they be so revered? It amazes me that educated people in this day and age still don't believe that drug addiction is a disease. Some people come pre-wired to have addictive personalities. These people are sick.
    True drug addiction is a disease so why even start? It'slikeplaying Russian Roulette. Eventually the chamber with the bullet is going to pop up-never try drugs never have to worry about it. I've always been of the opinion my life is more pressure than any high I could ever get.

I guess due to my past I see things different than most folks. I know im wired different than most folks. I think there is a bit of a difference between managing a Marlboro and Glenlivet habit and Heroin and Cocaine addiction. Some people have more will power than others. Its not as simple as just saying no. Some people cant just stop. They are born that way. Its the same as men that are born gay or women that are born bitches. They cant choose who they are.
    You are so right. Trying to explain the power of addiction to someone who isn't addicted is impossible. The sentence from Alcoholics Anonymous comes to my mind: "We are like men who have lost their legs; they never grow new ones." For some poor souls, the only escape from addiction is death.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

She was on drugs for quite a long time and this is what happens, tolerance builds up to the drug so that you need more and more to feel the same high and eventually you are going to need so much and your body is gonna have taken so much damage that it's going to kill you.

I heard one report said that she may still have been alive when they got to the house but died before they could get her to the hospital.

Dark Princess Guest
    Loved her voice. She was another one whose emotions and demons poured out thru her music.

Can't really compare her or anyone else to Keith Richards. People born back then came from hardier stock. I know that Hendrix and Morrison were born around that time, but their "deaths" had strange circumstances surrounding them. Janis might have survived if she had done a test shot first and had someone with her.

The ones born during and after the 1960's had an easier life growing up compared to the ones that grew up during the 30's, 40's and 50's. Too many modern conveniences, too much t.v., not enough hard work.

Subject_B Guest
    I haven't followed her, all I know about her comes from RuPaul's Drag Race. But those pics really make me sad. Seems like a really damaged soul, and that's always a sad thing.

Hez Guest
    I just hope her Dad didn't find out by seeing it on the news. That really bothered me that it was all over the news before her Father even knew. I know he really tried to help her get sorted. Such a waste, she had an amazing voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hez View Post
    I just hope her Dad didn't find out by seeing it on the news. That really bothered me that it was all over the news before her Father even knew. I know he really tried to help her get sorted. Such a waste, she had an amazing voice.

Yes I think I recall him crying once during an interview about her addiction and that he just could not help her. I really agree with what someone said earlier, sometimes, for some people the only way out of addiction is death. They just can't kick their habit. I really feel sorry for him too, espcially having just gotten here, finding out and then having to go straight back home. How terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Hez View Post
    From what I read and heard, he was on a plane as the news broke! Someone had to tell him before the plane took off! Poor man. I am still shocked

DrDeath Guest
    She'd just split up from her boyfriend and wasn't taking it all that well. Maybe he saw her slipping into old habits and washed his hands of her. They did remain friends however. I wouldn't believe much of that People article- how tacky to use a pic of her holding the paper. Loathe that rag.

It'll be interesting to see how history judges her- as someone rightly pointed out Joplin, Hendrix etc didn't have to deal with the rolling news culture we have these days. However they've been dead a long time too, and that in itself can create legend. We can only see what Amy's legacy in that sense will be when our children grow up. Will my 8 year old listen to her records when she's my age (32)? I hope so.

SuckMyKiss Guest
    I loved, loved, loved Amy, such a tragic waste of life and talent.

The thing that really bugs me about this, is the comments I've seen/heard from people, not necessarily on this site btw, just in general, who say; ''she deserved what she got, she was a no-good druggie...etc, etc''. The majority of these people have kids, or will have kids in the future, God forbid their children don't get tangled up with the wrong crowd, or EVER make a wrong decision or take the wrong path in life! People are far too quick to judge.

She was obviously a very tormented soul, and I hope she's finally found the peace that clearly eluded her in life.

DrDeath Guest
    Totally agree- some people have truly annoyed me this weekend. I hope that they never have a good friend/sibling/whatever that goes out one Saturday night, gets completely trollied on beer and falls into a river and drowns. Cos that would be their fault they died for being leathered by their logic. We all do dumb things, we all have bad habits, we're all just lucky that we've not died as a result of these things

Perdi Guest
    RIP. I'd rather be a druggie than a person who judges people's struggles. Don't be afraid to look in the mirror sometime.
    Bravo, sir, and here here.

This is such a tragic loss. Undoubtedly a remarkable voice and talent who just couldn't beat her demons. So many people were really rooting for her, particularly after seeing her on stage with Dionne Broomfield on Wednesday - she looked better than she has in a long time. Tremendously sad and a massive loss. I must confess, I shed a tear when I heard the news yesterday.

RIP Amy. I hope you finally have the peace you were never able to find in life. Thank heavens we have Frank and Back to Black - 2 marks of genius by which we can remember you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll7UFxqI2pM&feature=related

A personal fave of mine. She truly was an awesome talent.

SuckMyKiss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDeath View Post
    Totally agree- some people have truly annoyed me this weekend. I hope that they never have a good friend/sibling/whatever that goes out one Saturday night, gets completely trollied on beer and falls into a river and drowns. Cos that would be their fault they died for being leathered by their logic. We all do dumb things, we all have bad habits, we're all just lucky that we've not died as a result of these things

Exactly! Nobody is perfect after all. Some people just don't like putting themselves in the shoes of others. It's too uncomfortable for them. Her parents now have to deal with what will inevitably be some very public slating of their daughter, I just hope they have the sense to ignore it.

I agree with others in that that I was at first a little shocked but not really surprised. I've been reading articles that even her parents knew it was just a matter of time. I'm sure it doesn't make things easier for them.

Here are two incredible before and after photos of Amy: http://www.flickr.com/photos/14793517@N05/2062452167/ and http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...oos-scars.html
    Not only does she look better in the before photos, she looks happy, which she rarely did in any of them (including those) that could be considered an after photo.

I think someone in this thread mentioned that she could have been at home a while before the found her, but according to TMZ there were signs of life when the ambulance arrived, but they were unable to save her. Does anyone know who found her?

Im sad. simple really. Last week there was a picture of her and she looked healthier than she has in years. I thought the anorexia might have finally been beaten (she developed it after frank as the press called her fat.) I had hoped that the amount of rehabs visits were a sign that she, her family and record company were comitted to keeping her sober. Its so sad. That woman had an amazing voice. But i do fear her stage fright was a big factor on her substance abuse. She would look so scared on that stage and her movements showed a woman uneasy. (skirt grabbing...out of step dancing...).
    Im not saying that stage fright was the reason she took drugs. She was influenced by Blake. Amy was clearly a woman who loved 110% her man and if he suggested something, she would have easily followed.
    At the end of the day, this grown woman will probably be remembered for the wasted pictures the press have broadcasted big time. Instead of the amazing talent. Black to black is a beautiful tune....timeless infact.
    I hope she finally finds peace now ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...iss-split.html
    If she did relapse.... a suppose heart ache would explain why.

Touching tribute from her site
    http://www.amywinehouse.com/
    Last edited by hrhdiesel; 07-24-2011 at 03:37 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just been reported over here in the news in the UK, that she was dead for some time before she was found- not days, but hours. The last time she saw her mum she told her she loved her.Sooooo sad that drugs took her.......

Perdi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbrasher View Post
    hey hun yea im much better now. i went into pre term labor, so i was in a magnesium sulfate high plud 10 other drugs to stop the labor. I was basicly in a coma for most of the week. I don't have much memory of it but being really sick and slow (BP was 89/49) But everything is stable adn im feeling much better now. So i just got home after a week of hell
    OMG!!! Hope you're doing better and get a chance to have a good rest!! Must have been scary. Big cyber hug to you.

John Connor Guest
    Such a waste of God-given talent. RIP. No more pain.

Quote Originally Posted by hrhdiesel View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...iss-split.html
    If she did relapse.... a suppose heart ache would explain why.
    That's a really good article.

knothere Guest
    i wanna know who found her n hooo called 911

Yikes, that's like Barry Bonds in reverse.

Venus In Flares Guest
    I can only repeat what others have been saying; its very sad but not surprising. Apparently though some wit has left presents of vodka, beer and wine along with the flowers that have been laid out at her house! *facepalm*

An odd coincidence though that Amy's mum's name is Janis - go figure. RIP Amy.

rucyco2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Yikes, that's like Barry Bonds in reverse.
    Nice one.

death hag dee Guest
    Its reported by TMZ that her bodyguard found her n it wuz quite possibly an overdose of Ectasy and booze

Venus In Flares Guest
    I wouldnt believe a word the People article above says - while she was Jewish, police have said the post mortem will not take place today and so it will be a while until her body will be released to her family for burial. Also, the police have not said how she died and that the cause of death is currently unknown.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/0...76M2D420110724

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-14263743

I am though wondering how long it will be until her cretin of an ex-husband sells his story to the News of the World. Oops, sorry The Sun!
    Last edited by Venus In Flares; 07-24-2011 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Spelling fail

heaven01uk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Venus In Flares View Post
    I wouldnt believe a word the People article above says - while she was Jewish, police have said the post mortem will not take place today and so it will be a while until her body will be released to her family for burial. Also, the police have not said how she died and that the cause of death is currently unknown.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/0...76M2D420110724

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-14263743

I am though wondering how long it will be until her cretin of an ex-husband sells his story to the News of the World. Oops, sorry The Sun!
    At some point in the week he'll have a story in the paper about her if he's not back in nick that is.

Venus In Flares Guest
    Hey, why let some prison bars get in the way of an exclusive ~ apparently Mr Fielder Civil is stil locked up in the tanty

http://entertainment.stv.tv/showbiz/...-kill-himself/

I have no doubt that she loved him - to death if you like - I'm just not at all sure that it was mutual.
    Last edited by Venus In Flares; 07-24-2011 at 06:32 AM. Reason: spelling fail