Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: JFK, Jr.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Bummer. Even in death he is boring.
    LMAO, yep

Starstruck Guest
    I reckon even if he became President some nut job would have taken a shot at him!

It's almost like there is a bounty on Kennedys!

Quote Originally Posted by Starstruck View Post
    I reckon even if he became President some nut job would have taken a shot at him!

It's almost like there is a bounty on Kennedys!
    I agree. I tend to think there was some kind of bounty because they (JFK, Daddy Joe, and RFK) pissed off a lot of the wrong people. They were the poster boys for using people to get ahead and then pissing on them from the top.

Personally, I don't think JFK Jr would have ever become President. He didn't seem terribly interested in office at all. As cute as he was, he just didn't strike me as someone who was going to do anything earth shattering or all that interesting. He was kinda like the Kim Kardashian of rich, political families (too bad he didn't have a "leaked" sex tape!). Even that magazine of his was a total bore (I admit I bought it a few times even though politics doesn't interest me at all). I think even if he had lived, it still would have gone under because it was just crap. Glossy crap, but crap nonetheless.

Plus, I can't imagine Carolyn Bessette being a politician's wife. She could barely deal with the attention he got as a private citizen.
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

Tntina Guest
    He was deliciously-beautiful!

I think I remember reading, right after they died, that he had nearly enough hours for an instrument pilot rating. Also that flipping a simple switch (auto pilot) would have saved their lives. Instead he panicked, trying to right the plane.

I always thought this guy was good looking..but I also thought he was dumb as a box of rocks. :\

Mammy Guest
    No mincing words for you, huh, Piggy? lol

Oogie Boogie Guest
    I've heard a lot about how JFK junior was so stupid but he did graduate from Brown and NYU Law School, both of which are highly regarded schools. I know it took him three tries to pass the Bar exam but, hey, it took me four times to pass my drivers test and I belong to Mensa! lol

radiojane Guest
    I just re read a book focusing on his grandfather's time in Hollywood (It's called Joseph P. Kennedy presents if anyone's interested), and another book I have on the family as a whole. It's really interesting to compare the three generations. John John's apparent apathy toward the Kennedy legacy and his less than stellar intelligence (at least compared to Joe and Bobby etc) would have driven JPK nuts.

lisalouver Guest
    John was not dumb at all.

I just finished reading the book Fairytale Interrupted.

Gah, dont even bother. It was MORE boring than the one by his ex Christina.

radiojane Guest
    Well was it just sheer lack of drive? I'm genuinely curious, because he just came off as.... Well, dumb. Educate me, because clearly I missed something.
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-29-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    Well was it just sheer lack of drive? I'm genuinely curious, because he just came off as.... Well, dumb. Educate me, because clearly I missed something.
    Well, from what I've read, with few exceptions, the Kennedy's were/are a dumb lot, book wise and horse sense. Just take JFK Sr., the most powerful man in the world and pro civil rights, to boot, and he refused a bubble top on the limo. Gah.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

radiojane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Well, from what I've read, with few exceptions, the Kennedy's were/are a dumb lot, book wise and horse sense. Just take JFK Sr., the most powerful man in the world and pro civil rights, to boot, and he refused a bubble top on the limo. Gah.
    I think that was just a god complex.

JPK was definitely extremely intelligent. He could foresee the pros and cons of a business deal way beyond just the initial transaction. Many people point out his bribing Giancana via Sinatra as stupid, but again I think that was untouchable syndrome. As for the boys? I think JFK was spoon fed most of his "Ideals" via Bobby and his father. He had charisma though. He could get the people on his side in ways his very grating father never could. The brother he "replaced" (Joe Jr), probably had a better mix of both. Bobby... Now he was a dreamer, but he had a brain. He probably also had the most humility of the group. Teddy..... again. God complex.

Now I was pretty young when John Jr. was big news. Hell I was young when he died, but he just doesn't seem to measure up.

Oogie Boogie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    John was not dumb at all.

I just finished reading the book Fairytale Interrupted.

Gah, dont even bother. It was MORE boring than the one by his ex Christina.
    Wasn't it AWFUL?!?!?!? I couldn't even finish reading it; it was so boring.

MetalHeadBettie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    I think that was just a god complex.

JPK was definitely extremely intelligent. He could foresee the pros and cons of a business deal way beyond just the initial transaction. Many people point out his bribing Giancana via Sinatra as stupid, but again I think that was untouchable syndrome. As for the boys? I think JFK was spoon fed most of his "Ideals" via Bobby and his father. He had charisma though. He could get the people on his side in ways his very grating father never could. The brother he "replaced" (Joe Jr), probably had a better mix of both. Bobby... Now he was a dreamer, but he had a brain. He probably also had the most humility of the group. Teddy..... again. God complex.

Now I was pretty young when John Jr. was big news. Hell I was young when he died, but he just doesn't seem to measure up.
    IMO that's all he had. He was a self-entitled, arrogant, misogynistic POS who made major blunders all three years of his presidency. But I will say he helped create a super sexy son. RIP JFK, JR.

I am finishing up The Kennedy Curse by Edward Klein.

Of JFK, Jr.'s plane crash: The aluminum seats were buckled...Flesh and bone had fared even worse than metal...At the moment of impact, John did not go through the windshield. The windshield went through him.

Holy shit, I will never get that image out of my head.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogie Boogie View Post
    Wasn't it AWFUL?!?!?!? I couldn't even finish reading it; it was so boring.
    It literally took all I had to finish it! I kept waiting for it to get better. Horrible!

cameralady Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogie Boogie View Post
    I've heard a lot about how JFK junior was so stupid but he did graduate from Brown and NYU Law School, both of which are highly regarded schools. I know it took him three tries to pass the Bar exam but, hey, it took me four times to pass my drivers test and I belong to Mensa! lol
    Yes. However, he never even practiced the law. I think I remember hearing that JFK, Jr. only bothered going to law school because his mother Jackie wanted him to do so. I saw his failing the NYS bar three times as a subconscious thing.

I seriously doubted that he would have ever run for public office either - certainly not president. I got the impression that his magazine George was about as close as he was going to get to becoming involved in politics, LOL.

Now that I think about it-I wonder whether things would have been different had JFK, Jr outlived his uncle Teddy as opposed to the other way around. Would Jr. has been prompted to pick up the torch to carry on the Kennedy legacy in national politics? The name recognition probably would have won him an election by itself. (The Kennedy name didn't help his cousin Kathleen Kennedy Townsend get elected governor of Maryland.)

I do think that he and Carolyn probably would have divorced eventually.

On a side note, I went by his building the day or so after the plane went down (I think the local news gave out at least the street name if not the actual address). People were leaving all sorts of tributes on the stoop as if he were already dead. (Of course he was but that had not yet been confirmed.)

It's a shame that Lauren Bessette's body was never even found. I don't remember ever hearing about that. The local news in NYC did show one of her pieces of luggage that was found in the water; her business card was in the identification pouch. I don't blame her mother for filing suit.

Quote Originally Posted by cameralady View Post
    I seriously doubted that he would have ever run for public office either - certainly not president. I got the impression that his magazine George was about as close as he was going to get to becoming involved in politics, LOL.
    That is a quote I've said many times. Despite the rather unflattering things I've read on a few posts, I, for one, feel like he was too nice a person to go into politics as a profession, which is why he created George Magazine instead.

And for the people who thought the magazine boring, I will only say I don't agree with you. I bought the first issue out of curiosity, and couldn't resist the bargain given for a subscription. So I took the subscription. The second issue arrived, and it was better than the first. Then the third issue arrived and it was better than the second. By the time the first year was up, it had turned into a magazine I truly looked forward to reading. I attribute alot of my political interests as a result of reading George Magazine. And though the magazine folded, to this day I still kinda miss it. There was talk that it was coming back under a different name, but oh well, it never showed up.

And one other sidenote: In one of the crueler jokes ever played on me by the Universe, on that Saturday that John had died (okay, technically it was Friday night, but I didn't hear about it till Saturday), my new issue of George arrived in the mail. It was the comedy issue with Ben Stiller on the cover. Trust me, I wasn't in any mood to laugh - so I stuck that magazine on the shelf for nearly 2 months before I could get myself to read it. And yes, it was a great issue........

Katrinawitch Guest
    I came to this thread because the Seinfeld episode "The Bet" was on last night (where the gang all try to forego self-pleasure for as long as possible), and Jerry's girlfriend Marla the Virgin ends up losing hers to John-John!

Anyhoo, I've been searching forever for a particular paparrazzi photo of JFK Jr.; it's taken from behind on a city street, and he's looking over his shoulder at the photographer (who must have just called his name). He's wearing a suit or dress shirt, I can't remember. I've tried Googling every possible combination of words, and there are a ton of other pap photos out there, but not that one. Anyone have any ideas?

Regardless of how smart he was, he was sure amazingly gorgeous to look at. Hands-down the best looking member of the entire extended Kennedy clan.

radiojane Guest
    I actually saw him on a Murphy Brown episode last night. I don't think I had ever heard him speak before

pinkrose35 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrinawitch View Post
    I came to this thread because the Seinfeld episode "The Bet" was on last night (where the gang all try to forego self-pleasure for as long as possible), and Jerry's girlfriend Marla the Virgin ends up losing hers to John-John!

Anyhoo, I've been searching forever for a particular paparrazzi photo of JFK Jr.; it's taken from behind on a city street, and he's looking over his shoulder at the photographer (who must have just called his name). He's wearing a suit or dress shirt, I can't remember. I've tried Googling every possible combination of words, and there are a ton of other pap photos out there, but not that one. Anyone have any ideas?

Regardless of how smart he was, he was sure amazingly gorgeous to look at. Hands-down the best looking member of the entire extended Kennedy clan.

Would this be the one Katrina?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jfk jr.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	42115

pwem Guest
    Ha, ask and ye shall receive!

I did not care for them but I give credit to Teddy for a job well done in the senate.

That said, I admit to reading just about everything on them. It's like reading classic Greek tragedy.

Katrinawitch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkrose35 View Post
    Would this be the one Katrina?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jfk jr.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	42115
    That's the one!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! Wow, it's even more gorgeous than I remembered.

pinkrose35 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrinawitch View Post
    That's the one!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! Wow, it's even more gorgeous than I remembered.
    You are welcome. It is a great picture...what a hunk of man.

MoonRabbit Guest
    There was a Airline crash in San Diego in I think the mid 80's and boy did the people that drove down to see the crash
    regret it!
    The average person is not prepared for seeing body parts all over the place.
    One young woman was shaking violently while talking to a reporter.

moonshinegrrl Guest
    I listened to a series of videos on Youtube about John Jr being murdered it was interesting if you like conspiracies. After we watched the Zapruder film and a clip of RFK before his shooting, my son remarked if he was a Kennedy he would never do this( push hair out of eyes) because JFK and RFK both did that before being shot

Giada Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    The guy had trouble remembering his own name. He would have been eaten.
    God he was dumb.

His only success was in the Kennedy name and being pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by moonshinegrrl View Post
    I listened to a series of videos on Youtube about John Jr being murdered it was interesting if you like conspiracies. After we watched the Zapruder film and a clip of RFK before his shooting, my son remarked if he was a Kennedy he would never do this( push hair out of eyes) because JFK and RFK both did that before being shot
    Wow you are correct...I never noticed that before
    It's All Gravy Baby [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ellenatzzz Guest
    My mom's friend's daughter had Carolyn's mother as a teacher in Middle School. They say shes a very nice lady and like Carolyn, has a lot of style. Even after the death of her daughter she seemed very upbeat still.

deathhaghun Guest
    He wasn't the brightest one in the family but he was really good looking. The magazine was really boring. I don't think it would have been published if not for him. It was sad when he died. There was a book about the crash, I read it a few years ago. It went into great detail about how the bodies were found. Because they were in the sea for a couple of days they were unrecognisable. He was very badly cut up and badly decomposed. Carolyn had no legs and was unrecognisable and they never found her sister I think thats why they wanted them cremated and scattered the ashes into the sea. I know this is a terrible thing to say but in a way I'm glad Jackie wasn't around when he died. It would have killed her.

lisalouver Guest
    Although he obviously failed the bar (more than once) I think calling him dumb or stupid is a stretch.

I consider myself to be intelligent and I am in a PhD program that was difficult to be accepted into. I know that I would have trouble being accepted into and graduating from the schools he did, not to mention passing the bar. I dont think he was even remotely interested in being a lawyer and that is probably why he failed the bar. Its what his family wanted.

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I am finishing up The Kennedy Curse by Edward Klein.

Of JFK, Jr.'s plane crash: The aluminum seats were buckled...Flesh and bone had fared even worse than metal...At the moment of impact, John did not go through the windshield. The windshield went through him.

Holy shit, I will never get that image out of my head.
    I didn't know that one. Horrible!
    Is it safe to say all three passengers knew they were going to die?

Quote Originally Posted by MoonRabbit View Post
    I didn't know that one. Horrible!
    Is it safe to say all three passengers knew they were going to die?
    IDK. It depends on what happened. I can't remember if it was a nose dive or a slap down.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Patience54 Guest
    I remember the late 90's almost every day was a New York Post Paparazzi shot of John Jr.

BeeCee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Although he obviously failed the bar (more than once) I think calling him dumb or stupid is a stretch...

...I dont think he was even remotely interested in being a lawyer and that is probably why he failed the bar. Its what his family wanted.
    I completely agree. If anything, he was a repressed actor. I don't know how talented he was as such but, he certainly had the looks.

Red Leary Guest
    If he was as stupid as they say,then im sure he would have done well in politics.................i mean look at Bush.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeCee View Post
    I completely agree. If anything, he was a repressed actor. I don't know how talented he was as such but, he certainly had the looks.
    Yes, you're right. He clearly had the looks

jc1305us Guest
    Someone mentioned him never practicing law. That is not true, he was an ADA in Manhattan (Assistant District Attorney). One of hundreds. Funny story, I guy I work with was a detective at the time and he and his partner were assigned to keep an eye on JFK's pad on North Moore street in Tribeca. Said they went in, but he declined to check out JJ's bedroom when asked.

some interesting info on JFK jr's death from Robert Kennedy jr's diary..

http://nypost.com/2013/11/03/rfk-jr-...-jfk-jr-crash/

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post

Caroline Kennedy's husband Edwin Schlossberg was a
    big time jerk with John Kennedy jr wife for some reason.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    I always thought this guy was good looking..but I also thought he was dumb as a box of rocks. :\
    So much this. Had he been John Doe from a no name town in the Midwest, there's no way in hell he'd have made it to where he did. Charismatic & all, but bright? Not so much.

Mammy Guest
    Good looks, boyish charm, wealth, and just the right last name will get some folks anything they want.

15 years, wow. I still remember where I was during the search, announcement that he was missing, etc.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/16/opinio...html?hpt=hp_t3

The best looking one in the family, his sister looks more like Bobby's kids, and that is not a compliment ! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    The best looking one in the family, his sister looks more like Bobby's kids, and that is not a compliment ! Lol
    Nope. She is fugly for sure.

Mal'ak Guest
    Hard to believe they've been gone that long...

I watched "How It Really Happened" last night about his final flight. Why the heck did he not have the autopilot turned on? Tragic and so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    I watched "How It Really Happened" last night about his final flight. Why the heck did he not have the autopilot turned on? Tragic and so sad.
    Either he thought he was invincible, which must run in the family, or he wasn't very smart, which I've heard. I'd like to see that docu.

Years ago I exchanged emails with some guy who actually believed Hillary killed him so she could win the NY senate. o_O
    GOD IS NOT DEAD