Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: JFK, Jr.

GAdeathhag Guest
    Caroline is the "bitch" who's not running for anything and auctioned off her mother's things.[/quote]

yeah that really chapped a lot of asses when she did that

Noelle Page Guest
    Caroline's all right, but I liked her brother a whole lot more.

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    She would make a wonderful ambassador. She is a great businesswomen and highly respected. Not everyone is a fan of hers but she has done alot for the New York Schools, especially the ones that need the money.
    You're right, Nicki, I'm sure she is a very effective fundraiser. Didn't mean to knock her or her accomplishments, but....just thought it was a big leap to Ambassador.

Oh well, why not? It would be an electrifying appointment....it all comes down to, she's a bona fide Kennedy, and there aren't many good ones left.

"Good" meaning "exciting."
    Last edited by Noelle Page; 08-21-2008 at 05:42 PM.

Nicki Guest
    This is on Wikipedia

Kennedy is an attorney, editor, and writer. She is one of the founders of the Profiles in Courage Award, given annually to a person who exemplifies the type of courage examined in her father's Pulitzer Prize-winning book of the same name. The award is generally given to elected officials who, acting in accord with their conscience, risk their careers by pursuing a larger vision of the national, state or local interest in opposition to popular opinion or powerful pressures from their constituents. In May 2002, she presented an unprecedented Profiles in Courage Award to representatives of the NYPD, the New York City Fire Department, and the military as representatives of all of the people who acted to save the lives of others during the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001.[3]
    Kennedy is currently President of the Kennedy Library Foundation,[4] a director of both the Commission on Presidential Debates and the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, and Honorary Chairman of the American Ballet Theatre. She is also an adviser to the Harvard Institute of Politics, a living memorial to her father.

Sure she has money and stayed home to raise her kids, plus she is not the friendliest person to the general public. Who would be when you have had so many cameras and people in your face. I think it was her mothers idea to sell her things.
    It was mentioned in the book JANET and JACKIE. According to reports, her mother had tons of things stored in different places. She saved everything and she knew darn well it all was going to be worth millions when she was gone, including even little scraps of paper with notes on them...long as she signed them. Very savey lady.
    This is the excerpt I found in one newspaper column about the catalogue for one of the auctions: Possibly all the money is going into a trust for her children and grandchildren...who knows. Yes, she has been blessed finanacially, but not so good with tragedy.

In the catalogue, Ms Kennedy explains her decision to sell. "After my mother died in 1994, my brother and I were faced with the task of deciding what to do with her possessions," she writes.
    "And after careful consideration, we sold some of them in 1996. In the intervening years and the death of my brother, I found myself again with more houses and belongings than I could possibly use or enjoy."
    Ms Kennedy said she had given "anything of historical significance to the John F. Kennedy Library Foundation, which will make it accessible to scholars and to the public".
    She also kept "those things that mean the most to me and to my children". But the rest will go.
    "I hope these objects, books and furniture will bring a new set of memories, find new homes, and I hope those memories are as happy as my own," Ms Kennedy wrote.

OOPs this thread was on John Jr. Whatever the argument about the Kennedys, Money, Caroline. That man will always be my Favorite Kennedy.
    What a hunk!
    Last edited by Nicki; 08-21-2008 at 06:12 PM.

L1049 Guest
    I can easily see the passengers in the back of the aircraft loosing their legs. When the plane impacted the water, the front seats would have ripped their legs off. I'm pretty sure I've read cases of survivors or commercial airline accidents loosing feet and some of their legs because the seats in front of them ripped em' off.

halogirl5 Guest
    I think CBK was grogeous and really stylish, I read the Michael Bergin book. It's great! Would love someone else to write one about her though, perhaps from the Kennedy side of the fence.

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by halogirl5 View Post
    I think CBK was grogeous and really stylish, I read the Michael Bergin book. It's great! Would love someone else to write one about her though, perhaps from the Kennedy side of the fence.
    What Remains, by Carole Radziwell is basically about CBK. It really gives you a look at the real lady and what she was all about. I very much recommend it. One of my favorite books.

Noelle Page Guest
    Yes, What Remains paints her as extremely loving. Not at all the hard, cold, bitchy image she had in life. John also depicted as very playful and down-to-earth.

Caroline Kennedy and Lee Radziwill are dealt with briefly and perfunctorily....from which I drew certain conclusions.

Carole and Tony were certainly an interesting match. Both he and cousin John picked relative "commoners"--both girls had worked at Caldor!

P.S. I once met Tony. He was reserved, soft-spoken, gracious.
    Last edited by Noelle Page; 08-23-2008 at 06:32 AM.

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Yes, What Remains paints her as extremely loving. Not at all the hard, cold, bitchy image she had in life. John also depicted as very playful and down-to-earth.

Caroline Kennedy and Lee Radziwill are dealt with briefly and perfunctorily....from which I drew certain conclusions.

Carole and Tony were certainly an interesting match. Both he and cousin John picked relative "commoners"--both girls had worked at Caldor!

How did you meet Tony? Reserved soft-spoken and gracious is exactly how he came across in the book. John and Tony were very much like brothers. So sad they died so young and just 2 weeks apart.

Mach2 Guest
    A businesswoman? What business? I thought she has been mainly raising her kids...she did do some advocacy for the New York City public school system at one point (though a bit of a stink was made of the fact that her own kids attended NYC private schools).

She just seems like such a private person to suddenly take on a big job involving all kinds of socializing and public life. No?
    Osama is using the Kennedy name to establish his legitimacy(no pun intended). All the Kennedy's are either dead or alcoholics so Caroline is the Kennedy he's stuck with.
    http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...sage591722/pg1

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    How did you meet Tony? Reserved soft-spoken and gracious is exactly how he came across in the book. John and Tony were very much like brothers. So sad they died so young and just 2 weeks apart.
    My husband went to school with him (and knew and liked him), so it was an alumni function back in the 1980s. Chitchatted with him for a while, not knowing who he was. I remember I said something inane about how expensive something was....obviously money was not an issue for him. But he was very polite.

I saw Lee once on the street. She was tiny and birdlike.

Nicki Guest
    My husband went to school with him (and knew and liked him), so it was an alumni function back in the 1980s. Chitchatted with him for a while, not knowing who he was. I remember I said something inane about how expensive something was....obviously money was not an issue for him. But he was very polite.

I saw Lee once on the street. She was tiny and birdlike.
    Tony did alot of wonderful film work in the industry and won awards. Its good to hear he was such a nice man. I have met RFK JR, and his brother Joe II along with his wife Beth, as well as Caroline. She is pretty much like what most people hear about her, Very close to her family and circle of friends, but not so friendly to outsiders. Kind of the way everyone heard her mother was. But Bobby Jr and Joe II were very nice, easy to coverse with, very accessable. I have always been a Kennedy Fan but I came from that generation. And yes, it is true, the Kennedys Fire is dying out and has been for a long time now. If President Kennedy had not been assassinated I am fairly sure it would not have ever been as bright as it was.

Noelle Page Guest
    I don't blame Caroline for being wary of the outside world. She has excellent reasons to be. I'm intrigued, though, that she's stepping more into the spotlight now. Hence my little joke about Mom re-entering the workforce.

And let's face it, she may be intelligent and accomplished, but from Obama's standpoint it is indeed all about the name. Doesn't hurt that she's a woman, either.

To bring it back to John, he's one of those celebrities--I just cannot get my head around him being dead. Huh? Whatever one thinks of the Kennedys and/or their politics, John just seemed an endearing guy. ...good natured, unsnobbish, full of life.....

John Connor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Luanne View Post
    You mean Carolyn, not Caroline. Carolyn was the coke addict who has been dead for almost 10 years.

Caroline is the "bitch" who's not running for anything and auctioned off her mother's things.
    I think that's what i said.

King Tut Guest
    SILENCE ALL!!!

We're at a turning point in this thread. It's time to debate what type of woman, or more specifically, which woman in particular would have saved JFK Jr from his fate (bonus points awarded for creativity).

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
    SILENCE ALL!!!

We're at a turning point in this thread. It's time to debate what type of woman, or more specifically, which woman in particular would have saved JFK Jr from his fate (bonus points awarded for creativity).

LMHO

lisalouver Guest
    SILENCE ALL!!!

Maybe no woman at all.

Maybe a man.

SILENCE ALL!!!

tut! i think john john should have dated Devine or maybe even Subpoena. i think he would have enjoyed the occasional tacos and enchiladas. the smell of menudo filling their house would have made him a better man. he might even be president by now! me loves the tuttage!
    pull the string!

King Tut Guest
    KC gets the first bonus points, but I like the smell of menudo, it's good clean fun.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I used to like the smell of Menudo but then I reached puberty.

smellslikealmonds Guest
    SILENCE ALL!!!

I already suggested myself. I'm afraid to fly and I woulda been a constant nagging pain in the ass telling him not to get in a plane.

King Tut Guest
    I like Saturday night.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cdn.myxertones.com.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	6.6 KB 
ID:	11755   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	divine22.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	11756  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

RaRaRamona Guest
    Hey that describes someone I know.

King Tut Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KCSunshine View Post
    Tom would have been a gentle, considerate lover.
    To this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	selenaerg5yt544et.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	11758  

i have desire of vomit!
    pull the string!

26. 01-11-2009, 11:14 AM

John Connor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by halogirl5 View Post
    Why don't you write it? I'd love to go to NYC and interview her friends. People would talk now. I forget his name...George Wayne??? He does a Q&A for Vanity Fair I think, he was her BFF. I think he was a designer before. We'll investigate this.
    I think the Michael bergin book is a kind portrait but alot of BS.

SILENCE ALL!!!

Someone who was allergic to nail polish

c l p Guest
    that jfk jr was yummmmmmmmmy. i am sad at the thought that he was not happy in marriage. god bless

Nicki Guest
    This sounds like an exciting expedition!

Hunt turns up JFK Jr. Treasure!

BOSTON HERALD, INSIDE TRACK, JULY 20, 2009
    Hunt turns up JFK Jr. treasure

Yo-ho! Cape Cod treasure hunter Barry Clifford is set to jump back into the waters off Wellfleet this week, seeking to bring up millions of dollars’ worth of pirate treasure from the sunken ship Whydah .

And Clifford said he found the booty with some assistance from beyond the grave - from John F. Kennedy Jr .!

“John worked on the site 25 years ago,” he said. “And at the time he told me he thought he saw a line of cannons under the sand.”

When they went back down to look, Clifford said, they couldn’t locate the cannons so they marked off the spot as empty. But two years ago, Clifford and his crew went back to the same spot, dug down deeper, and found 30 cannons, side by side.

“They were right where John had said they were,” Clifford said. “One of the divers came up with a compass. He said, ‘You’re not going to believe this.’ I turned it over, and it had the initials JFK on it. John had lost it the first time he dived down there.”

Clifford, who has been bringing up artifacts from the sunken ship for more than two decades, said he believes the bulk of the pirate booty will be found underneath the spot where those cannons were buried.

“We know from records that the Whydah turned bottoms up before she sunk,” he said. “The cannons were on the bottom of the ship for ballast. But when the ship turned over, the cannons crashed through the decks, and went to the bottom, pinning everything on the decks in between, underneath them. That’s why (18th century salvage agent) Cyprian Southhack wrote, ‘The riches are with the guns, buried in the sand.’ ”

Clifford and his crew - aboard their boat Vast Explorer, will attempt to retrieve the treasure over the next few months. The 64-year-old treasure-hunter already has unearthed a wealth of pirate paraphernalia - clothing, weapons, tools and the like - from the ship, the only authenticated pirate ship ever recovered.

Some of the booty is housed in his museum in Provincetown. The rest is in a traveling exhibit called “Real Pirates,” which is currently being showcased at the Field Museum in Chicago.

The Cape Cod Times reported last week that Clifford has put his P’town museum on the market for $5.5 million. Clifford told us he’s moving his museum to Newport, R.I., because the Cape spot is too small for his ever-growing collection and the Rhode Islanders offered him primo digs on the town’s main drag.

“They wouldn’t even put up a sign for me in Provincetown,” he said. “You know, 50,000 to 60,000 people a month go to see that traveling exhibit. The whole time I’ve been in Provincetown, I think three school groups have come in.

“That’s unreal. I have the only pirate ship ever recovered. That’s kind of like having the only T-Rex in the whole world.”

The Whydah, originally a slave ship, was captured by pirate prince Samuel “Black” Bellamy in 1717. Bellamy hijacked and plundered 54 other vessels with The Whydah, before running it aground off Wellfleet in a ferocious nor’easter. All but two of the 146 pirates on board were killed and the bulk of its treasure has yet to be found.

WendyK Guest
    Pardon me if this has been asked before.But, whatever happened to the pink dress Jackie wore the day of JFK's assination?

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    Pardon me if this has been asked before.But, whatever happened to the pink dress Jackie wore the day of JFK's assination?
    http://www.pinkpillbox.com/pinksuit.htm

I totally had mixed feelings on "What Remains". It definitely humanized CBK and John seemed nice but there really didn't seem like there was much love lost between Carole and Anthony. I never got a sense of chemistry between the two of them at all. I also don't think we really got to know Anthony very well in the book.

More than a decade after the tragic death of JOHN F. KENNEDY Jr., his secret mistress is ripping the lid off their passionate love affair - and revealing for the first time how the Prince of Camelot cheated on his wife CAROLYN!

"John told me he was considering divorce and was seeing a marriage counselor," beautiful blonde SYBIL HILL, now 44, told The ENQUIRER in a bombshell world-exclusive interview.

"He said he felt guilty about what we had done. We both knew it was wrong, but we couldn't help ourselves."

The love story between Sybil and the married son of President John F. Kennedy started in 1991 - and lasted until he perished in the July 16, 1999, plane crash that also killed his wife and her sister Lauren Bessette.

The ENQUIRER first identified Sybil as John's secret lover in our Jan. 18, 2000, issue.

Then, Sybil - a single mom and successful artist in Aspen, Colo. - would only tell The ENQUIRER: "John was very unhappy in his marriage."

But now she confirms that she was the woman Kennedy secretly turned to for comfort as his marriage crumbled. And in an amazingly candid interview, Sybil tells The ENQUIRER how a chance meeting in Manhattan led to years of secret dates and sizzling sex.

"I met John Kennedy on Jan. 6, 1991, at the Moondance Diner on Sixth Avenue," she recalled.

"I walked in with a boyfriend when a gorgeous-looking man wearing a baseball cap pointed out a vacant table. I remember thinking, 'He looks just like John Kennedy Jr.!'

"We were across the restaurant, but we couldn't stop looking at each other.

"When my date went to the bathroom, I went up to him and we chatted. Before my date came back, John wrote something on a… piece of paper and handed it to me.

"He . . . wrote 'John' and a phone number."

A week later, Sybil - a willowy look-alike for Kennedy's wife - called him.

"We went out to dinner at a small restaurant where nobody bothered him," she recalled.

"Finally, John said, 'You haven't asked me my last name,' and told me it was Kennedy.

" Remembering where his father had been shot, I said, 'I'm from Dallas. Does that bother you?"

"He said it didn't . . ."
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Nelliebean Guest
    Anyone really surprised that he was a slut?

You can do what you want when you have fame and power.

Fancynancy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    More than a decade after the tragic death of JOHN F. KENNEDY Jr., his secret mistress is ripping the lid off their passionate love affair - and revealing for the first time how the Prince of Camelot cheated on his wife CAROLYN!

"John told me he was considering divorce and was seeing a marriage counselor," beautiful blonde SYBIL HILL, now 44, told The ENQUIRER in a bombshell world-exclusive interview.

"He said he felt guilty about what we had done. We both knew it was wrong, but we couldn't help ourselves."

The love story between Sybil and the married son of President John F. Kennedy started in 1991 - and lasted until he perished in the July 16, 1999, plane crash that also killed his wife and her sister Lauren Bessette.

The ENQUIRER first identified Sybil as John's secret lover in our Jan. 18, 2000, issue.

Then, Sybil - a single mom and successful artist in Aspen, Colo. - would only tell The ENQUIRER: "John was very unhappy in his marriage."

But now she confirms that she was the woman Kennedy secretly turned to for comfort as his marriage crumbled. And in an amazingly candid interview, Sybil tells The ENQUIRER how a chance meeting in Manhattan led to years of secret dates and sizzling sex.

"I met John Kennedy on Jan. 6, 1991, at the Moondance Diner on Sixth Avenue," she recalled.

"I walked in with a boyfriend when a gorgeous-looking man wearing a baseball cap pointed out a vacant table. I remember thinking, 'He looks just like John Kennedy Jr.!'

"We were across the restaurant, but we couldn't stop looking at each other.

"When my date went to the bathroom, I went up to him and we chatted. Before my date came back, John wrote something on aâ?¦ piece of paper and handed it to me.

"He . . . wrote 'John' and a phone number."

A week later, Sybil - a willowy look-alike for Kennedy's wife - called him.

"We went out to dinner at a small restaurant where nobody bothered him," she recalled.

"Finally, John said, 'You haven't asked me my last name,' and told me it was Kennedy.

" Remembering where his father had been shot, I said, 'I'm from Dallas. Does that bother you?"

"He said it didn't . . ."

I'm more shocked that she had even an inkling about History. I can almost bet my life that if I asked my 18 and 20 year old neice and nephew what happened in Dallas, November 1963 they would give me a blank stare.

jaylene Guest
    So she has an affair with him and waits til now to tell?
    Alrighty then!!

Candid interview = Enquirer? That just sounds so wrong...

Like father/uncle/grandfather, like son.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Okay, where are the pictures? I won't believe it until I see pictures of them together.

National Enquirer? Blah.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

RogerV Guest
    I always thought that JFK Jr. showed admirable restraint, considering the number of women he COULD have had if he had wanted to...

Pat Bateman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylene View Post
    So she has an affair with him and waits til now to tell?
    Alrighty then!!
    Yeah, what took her so long?

Elizabeth Guest
    For a mistress, she is waiting an awfully long time to come forward.....I am curious why.....

I was also going to say, gee, I don't trust the National Inquirer, but lately they have had a pretty good track record re: their stories (see John Edwards and Tiger Woods), so I am not sure anymore.....

My guess is she is running low on beer coupons and needs a top-up.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

^^^ Hysterics!!!
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

Rudy's Girl Guest
    I always thought depending on the angle she was photographed, that Carolyn Bessette went from looking stunningly beautiful too looking rather plain or so so . Sometimes she looked like two different people. It reminds me of when famous people want to be photographed showing their "good side".

Last edited by Rudy's Girl; 07-06-2010 at 02:57 PM.

I know its the National Enquirer, but given their recent track record of breaking stuff like this, I'm inclined to believe them.
    She did seem to wait an awfully long time to speak out, but then again, had she done it sooner, I would think that she may well have had an angry mob after her. As it stands, enough time has passed that people may not be as sensitive to something that may "tarnish" JFK Jr's image.
    :Shrugs:

Sam Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by EthelMertz View Post
    I always thought depending on the angle she was photographed, that Carolyn Bessette went from looking stunningly beautiful too looking rather plain or so so . Sometimes she looked like two different people. It reminds me of when famous people want to be photographed showing their "good side".

Here is a photo taken from her "good" side!

Holy Crap, Sam! They look just alike! Oh my gosh!
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

STORMIE Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerV View Post
    I always thought that JFK Jr. showed admirable restraint, considering the number of women he COULD have had if he had wanted to...

I agree. I wouldn't have told him no.

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by STORMIE View Post
    I agree. I wouldn't have told him no.

I wouldn't have either. He was the ultimate Hunk and in all appearances seemed like a very nice man.