Thread: Pop Up Video!!! it's back!

Pop Up Video!!! it's back!

I am so excited. VH1 has ordered 60 new episodes of Pop Up Video, one of my favorite music shows of all time!
    http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/05/25/po...3A+PopWatch%29

Those were fun videos.

DonnaMc Guest
    YAY!!!

GuiltyLittleDeathHag Guest
    Awesome!! That was a good show!!

PurrPurr Guest
    Great news. Pop Up Video was a good show back when it first came out. I used to laugh at some of the captions they came up with!

SUPER LIKE.

But will they do some good videos, though...?

this just made me happy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

trishsixxm Guest
    Awesome! I love pop up videos!

endsleigh03 Guest
    That's great news, loved the old shows, they still play them. And I still watch them

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    That's great news, loved the old shows, they still play them. And I still watch them
    Me too! Aside from the humor, the entertainment and every other reason I love this show is that it makes me watch videos that I otherwise wouldn't, and I discovered some great songs I might have overlooked. Michael Jackson's Stranger in Moscow is one of those. What a beautiful song and video. I love when it comes on Pop Up. It'll be so great to see new things with current comments. I am more excited about this show than anything else!

Flowergrrl Guest
    What kind of music are they going to have? I've never heard of the show, but it sounds interesting. I cannot stand 95% of the music out right now... Then I see this posted-

Jamie JWed 05/25/11 5:01 PM
    YES!! I love this show ā?? but Iā??d rather see them tackle new(er) videos that are popular now and give some behind the scenes info. Thatā??s why I think it didnā??t work before.. who wants to see a Van Halen video when I can see Judas by Lady Gaga??

jaylene Guest
    Loved this show!! So glad its coming back.

tonysgirl4ever420 Guest
    Yay!!! That makes me happy

Wow, maybe I'll start watching videos again. I have seen the old ones probably 100's of times and I never get tired of them.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

I love in "I Would Do Anything for Love" by Meatloaf when it calculates how many years bad luck he has by breaking all those mirrors.

Oogie Boogie Guest
    Awesome; I can't wait to watch it! My daughters are somewhat fascinated with the Eighties and I know they'll love watching it with me if only to laugh at the clothes and hair

davidbrown Guest
    That's great news to hear! I used to watch it all the time!!

jeca Guest
    Anyone else always looking for the "Like" button on posts all the time now?

This makes me happy. I used to love pop up video.

Snudgie Guest
    Hee @jeca...yes I do that...and YAY that Pop Up Video is back...used to love it...even if it was a song or artist that I didn't really like it was always interesting to see the info about the video...like watching a DVD with cast commentary...I love doing that..I'm so nosey....drives my husband bonkers hehe

tonysgirl4ever420 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jeca View Post
    Anyone else always looking for the "Like" button on posts all the time now?
    Yes, I'm always doing this! We so need one added to the forum!

orionova Guest
    Yay! I love pop up videos. The BBC did something similar with Top of the Pops 2. They would show video of a Top of the Pops performance, and half way through would have some interesting trivia about the song or artist.

atlantis Guest
    Hot damn! Loved that show. I'm a trivia nut so I was head over heels for Pop Up Video. I hope they use old songs b/c music today SUCKS ASS. The first time I see Lady Gag Gag with her useless trivia, I'm changing it. Same goes for Kanye West. UGH. Oh, I would love a "like" button, too!

doyleloyal Guest
    happy dance!!!! i love vh1. all they gotta do is another 'i love the..." series and i'm set.

I miss their "Behind The Music" series, and also the one where they try to reunite old bands and have them play again. I forget the name of that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I miss their "Behind The Music" series, and also the one where they try to reunite old bands and have them play again. I forget the name of that one.
    I love BTM as well, and that other show. I can't remember what it was called either. I liked it but there were a few where I was disappointed that one person would not come back and that was usually the one I wanted to see most. I think Squeeze was on there and they could not get them back together. OOoohh, it was called Bands Reunited.

Here's some more information on Bands Reunited.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bands_Reunited

Just reading through it is making me as mad as I would get when someone wouldn't reunite. LOL. It was like even when there had been problems, most of them were good-natured after time had passed. The someone had to act like a diva and blow the whole thing.

Oh well, there were some others that were awesome to watch the reunion that did happen. I was happy with the Alarm and Haircut 100 especially.

27. 05-27-2011, 07:12 AM

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    Here's some more information on Bands Reunited.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bands_Reunited

Just reading through it is making me as mad as I would get when someone wouldn't reunite. LOL. It was like even when there had been problems, most of them were good-natured after time had passed. The someone had to act like a diva and blow the whole thing.

Oh well, there were some others that were awesome to watch the reunion that did happen. I was happy with the Alarm and Haircut 100 especially.
    Oh, I remember that show! I liked it. I remember seeing Flock of Seagulls, Kajawhatever it was, and some of the others (my FAVORITE Information Society). Damn, I didn't know Vixen had been around since 1980. I saw them in '88 and thought they were in their late teens.

Sorry, it was '89.

Excellent! I will have to find someone to tape them and send them down south for me!

Yay! Even the horrible videos were fun to watch.

Every time I see Come On Eilene I think of it as "The Armpit Video"

cloudddae Guest
    Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by Flowergrrl View Post
    What kind of music are they going to have? I've never heard of the show, but it sounds interesting. I cannot stand 95% of the music out right now... Then I see this posted-

Jamie JWed 05/25/11 5:01 PM
    YES!! I love this show ā?? but Iā??d rather see them tackle new(er) videos that are popular now and give some behind the scenes info. Thatā??s why I think it didnā??t work before.. who wants to see a Van Halen video when I can see Judas by Lady Gaga??

Oh. My. God.

love Pop Up Video!

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by okidoll View Post
    Every time I see Come On Eilene I think of it as "The Armpit Video"
    Ha!! I know!! Those boys should have shaved out the ol' pits.

Ha!! I know!! Those boys should have shaved out the ol' pits.

LOL....that video always made wonder if they reek of B.O.? WOOHOO, love Pop Up video!!! That show was one of the best things I've seen on Vh1, well that and real music videos!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When life hands you tequila, make a margarita.

Oogie Boogie Guest
    Okay, I have no idea what video Valentino is refering to (I haven't read back in the thread yet), but I'll bet it's "Come on Eileen"! I'm going to check then come back.

Ah ha! I KNEW it! Luckily that video didn't spawn a new trend of wearing overalls over nothing at all.

By the way, I knew a girl named Eileen in high school and she took a lot of ribbing when that song came out!
    Last edited by Oogie Boogie; 06-04-2011 at 05:55 PM.

silverwaif77 Guest
    I AM SOOOO HAPPY about this!!!!! I LOVED that show, I would even watch a video from an artist I hated on mute, just to read the trivia.

Ah ha! I KNEW it! Luckily that video didn't spawn a new trend of wearing overalls over nothing at all.

By the way, I knew a girl named Eileen in high school and she took a lot of ribbing when that song came out!

LOL....I only wore overalls during a very short period of my life....and never again I've vowed.

Hmm if I had a choice to be Eileen or Sara ( jefferson airplane) or Sharona (The Knack) I would like to be Sharona...LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When life hands you tequila, make a margarita.

melody Guest
    Your just made my month with this thread!!!
    LOVE Pop Up Video!!! I actually ha the game
    I think I still do but just the cards, I'm not sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Valentino009 View Post

LOL....I only wore overalls during a very short period of my life....and never again I've vowed.

Hmm if I had a choice to be Eileen or Sara ( jefferson airplane) or Sharona (The Knack) I would like to be Sharona...LOL
    I had to suffer with that Toni Basil song, "Mickey" back in the 80's - since that's my name!

A lot of folks sang - and still sing it to me to this day...

I also remember watching that show.

Just to see what happened behind the
    scenes of the videos.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

melody Guest
    I had to suffer with that Toni Basil song, "Mickey" back in the 80's - since that's my name!

No offense to your name I def don't mind it as a name but OMG do I hate that f***ing song!!!

MorbidChrissy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    Me too! Aside from the humor, the entertainment and every other reason I love this show is that it makes me watch videos that I otherwise wouldn't, and I discovered some great songs I might have overlooked. Michael Jackson's Stranger in Moscow is one of those. What a beautiful song and video. I love when it comes on Pop Up. It'll be so great to see new things with current comments. I am more excited about this show than anything else!
    OMG I LOVE that song. There's a relation to that song and Sonic the Hedgehog 3. Oh, and I LOVE Pop-Up Video. I've always wondered why Vh-1 got rid of it. So glad that it's back.

Praise God. This was the best show vh1 ever had.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's on Vh1 right now. Unfortunately the first video was Justin Bieber. and I watched the whole thing, gah!! It looks like the usual times is weekdays at noon, two epis in a row.

Awww, it's Amy Winehouse - Rehab on right now.

I love "Pop Up Videos," too. I saw an episode the other night that had the BEP's "My Humps" and "Intergalactic" by the Beastie Boys. I was pleasantly surprised that they are doing newer songs, but it'd be nice if they'd throw in some older stuff, too.

deanfan Guest
    Hope they do some good ones.

Yowza! I love Pop up Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You learn some really neat things!
    "I guess every form of refuge has its price"...

Oogie Boogie Guest

That's cute, though! I don't think I'd mind that