Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yvette Vickers, former Playboy Playmate

Shannon Guest
    I wonder if they are going to be able to find out just how long she was dead and what happened, I know she was old but I would still like to know some more details. Are they even bothering to try?

fifitrix Guest
    I wonder if her memoirs will be completed. I bet she'd have a few tales to tell. I believe she was always good to her fans though. I remember seeing a few youtube clips from conventions recently.

Djen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    More than likely she had an accountant or a business manager paying things, or even just online banking. If she was financially well off, nothing would seem amiss.
    I bet you're right.

I have a close family relative who ended up in the hospital for a couple of months. My husband was set up to handle her financial affairs in the case of something like this, but as we dug into her bills and such, it was all taken care of. Her money all goes into the bank automatically and almost every bill comes out the same way. If she'd collapsed at home and died, there'd be almost no interruption in her service for ANYTHING. The woman would have cable, water, electricity, internet, etc, well into the afterlife.

Thankfully, she'd collapsed at work and was rushed to a hospital, and is doing well now.

I have a feeling too that there is a will, an executor, and someone to whom her estate went to. If she still owned two residences, I wonder what the other one looks like. I wonder too what kind of treasures she left behind. I'm more concerned though about her final moments in this existance, although it's much too late to worry about that.

Shannon Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by microsonic66 View Post
    I have a feeling too that there is a will, an executor, and someone to whom her estate went to. If she still owned two residences, I wonder what the other one looks like. I wonder too what kind of treasures she left behind. I'm more concerned though about her final moments in this existance, although it's much too late to worry about that.
    Yeah, like was she feeling sick and tried to call someone (they said the phone was knocked off it's stand). Hopfully she did not suffer for too long.

I would love to have a look round that house Sad story but she must have loved the place to have stayed there for so long.

Scatter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelina View Post
    I would love to have a look round that house Sad story but she must have loved the place to have stayed there for so long.
    Not necessarily..........I've lived in Florida for 30 years and I hate it.

Shannon Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scatter View Post
    Yeah well I lived in Michigan for 32 years and hate it, but then I never had the money to get out. If I had a beautiful home in a nice climate like Miss Vickers I would probably stay. It looked like she enjoyed herself from the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Scatter View Post
    Hey if you wanna do a house swop.......

Bassetlover09 Guest
    Very sad...she was a very pretty lady.

I've often wondered if i would go out like that. All alone with no kids or anyone to notice when i'm not around.

Just sad.

Jigsaw Guest

Yvette Vickers

Yvette Vickers, of Attack of the 50 foot woman, died. The authorities believe she could have been dead 6 months or a year. A neighbor felt concerned and got her way into the house, which was messy. She found Yvette upstairs on the floor. She was so decomposed that the neighbor didn't recognize it was her body.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yvette Vickers beautiful '60's.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	30584   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yvette Vickers   ABC.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	6.7 KB 
ID:	30585  
    Last edited by Jigsaw; 05-10-2011 at 06:07 PM.

orionova Guest
    Thread #4 on Ms. Vickers. Damn, I wish I were as popular!

NewYorkDoll Guest
    scott's story, recap is great!

I believe she was living in that house since about 1959, and the one photo of her in that knit striped dress, when she's in front of her house, the dress looks like the one she wore in "Attack Of The Giant Leeches". I hope someone does something constructive with her estate, although again, it's too late for her. I always thought she was really something, after seeing that movie.
    Last edited by microsonic66; 05-15-2011 at 08:40 AM. Reason: corrected an error about the striped dress comment

Here's an Los Angeles Times follow up article, with links to articles in regard to cousins and their comments. She died of heart failure.
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...t-failure.html

ffernandez15 Guest

Memorial for Yvette Vickers on June 4, 2011

Yvette Vickers did get a memorial service. Her half brother spoke at the service.

link:

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jun...ckers-20110604

missingmelissa Guest

Update on Yvette (Veddar) Vickers 1928-2011

Yvette (Vedder) Vickers
    1928 - body discovered April 27, 2011
    This is just a quick update on Yvette Vedder Vickers house. It was recently listed for sale. Thought Scott may wish to add this link to her page. Cannot find more than an exterior shot, however here is the link so you can check periodically as I am sure more photos will appear as the interest on this property increases. Listed right now as "Major Fixer Upper"... No.Really? Wish I could have seen the interior shots before hand.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	734_00_medium.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	31630
    http://www.southerncaliforniahomes.com/central-los-angeles/beverly-hills/home/10021-Westwanda-Drive,-Beverly-Hills,-CA-90210/F11116091

Already the link doesn't work! I'm going to see if I can find it another way, but thank you for the update!

Oogie Boogie Guest
    I looked at homes.com for the listing but I couldn't find it. I did, however, find a listing for a lot that Death Hags would appreciate. Scott could buy it and erect a Death Hag museum!

http://www.homes.com/listing/1320417...HILLS_CA_90210

Oogie Boogie Guest
    Ooh! I found it somewhere else! What an adorable house but boy, real estate is expensive out there!

http://www.southerncaliforniahomes.c...0210/F11116091

I'm anxious too to see interior shots of this place. It amazes me that they're not advertising it as a tear down.

intothelight Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by james1977 View Post
    Awful, if we live alone and don't have the one touch thing, or we just die in our sleep. We will stink up the whole block with our stench if we are not with anyone. Many people live alone and since this society worships the young and takes craps all over the old people. Many old people live alone and are just forgotten. The family doesn't give a shit. I'm 38 and I would go to my Thanksgiving Dinner with my family members and the young people, 19 to 25 didn't give a piece of their crap about me. I was just an old fart to them, and they just ignored me. Only 14 years older than them. And what do you think the elderly are treated like ? - C-R-A-P. This society needs some sort of a government welfare check-up service where they check up on everyone and make sure they are okay. It was a peaceful death she didn't suffer. Why does everyone get so god damned worrisome.? She died alone, poor thing. Stop that crap. She didn't suffer. Peaceful for her. But what isn't peaceful is a society who ignores old people and treats them like crap. That is never peaceful. This society has a lot of work to do. R.I.P. Yvette
    It's sad that our society is this way. I was taught to respect my elders and being 24 I prefer talking to the elderly more than people my own age.

Quote Originally Posted by Oogie Boogie View Post
    Ooh! I found it somewhere else! What an adorable house but boy, real estate is expensive out there!

http://www.southerncaliforniahomes.c...0210/F11116091

Actually, that is cheap for the area. But yes, the market is outrageous out there. The 700 sq foot house where I grew up in Inglewood was priced at $450,000 recently (my father was offered to buy it for $35,000 in 1971). In Indiana, that kind of money can get you a nice mansion.
    Cindy

letty1970 Guest
    How sad, She was a real beauty though...Shame she never became a bigger star...

Tiger Guest

Yvette Vickers, former Playboy Playmate

Quote Originally Posted by letty1970 View Post
    How sad, She was a real beauty though...Shame she never became a bigger star...
    She was very Beautiful. Here are some of her Modeling Shots..
    Attachment 44096Attachment 44097

Enoch Powell Guest
    I'm surprized that anyone would be surprized that she went unfound for months. Nobody gives a damn about their neighbors anymore. She was an old lady who lost her looks along time ago. Now if she still looked like she did in Playboy, then somebody would have noticed her not being around.

Watch Scott's new vid on the home page.

He visits Yvette's house and spends some time talking about Jayne and Lana Clarkson.

Great episode of video FAD!
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Watch Scott's new vid on the home page.

He visits Yvette's house and spends some time talking about Jayne and Lana Clarkson.

Great episode of video FAD!
    Interesting...
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

I believe those modeling shots posted by Tiger...at least the outdoor one...were shot at the house where she died. The house, btw, was sold and was demolished (massive deterioration and black mold infestation, I believe)

VCNJ~
    Professional Thread-Killer

Joee Guest
    Saw her in a "One Step Beyond" episode the other night. She was a knockout, and did a very good job portraying a real self centered witch. Surprising she didn't go further, but then I'll never understand how Molly Ringwald got as far as she did.

jc1305us Guest
    Sad. She was ridiculous though back in the day! Wonder what brand of space heater that was? On for 6 mos-1 year straight and kept on going? That's impressive! Maybe they should use that in their marketing material!

Here is Yvette Vickers in a group photo taken by Earl Leaf at a New Year's party, January 1, 1962.

lisalouver Guest
    Found a great article on Yvette today while I was on the net looking... well worth the read, tells a lot about her, her life and husbands.

Her home was sold in Jan of 2012 for 275,000 - the asking price was 499,000. It was then tore down. Dont know if anything has been built there yet.

She and her first husband Don Prell lived in the home and when they divorced in I believe 1958 or 1959, she kept the house. She lived in it ever since.

There hasnt been any mention of where her money (it appears she didnt have much if any left) went after her death, or who got the money from the sale of the home. I know she did have a half brother she was years estranged from, he had her cremated and had a service for her.

It appears at the end she was drinking every day and paranoia had set in. How sad.

Here is the article, it is really worth the read. Her ex husband Prell talks about her, and many more.

http://www.lamag.com/features/2012/02/01/left-behind1

Great article...lots of new info there. Great find
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

desertangel Guest
    I had to share this.... Today in church, the minister told the story of Yvette. He said her PC was glowing in the back bedroom and the police discovered she had communicated with many horror film fan groups and would make occasional appearances. The topic of the sermon was "friending" and to paraphrase, it was on how to know whether the friendships you have cultivated are going to be useful to you when you need them. Yvette was used as an example of someone who did not cultivate useful friendships. You know I was sitting in the pew the whole time thinking death hag, lol!

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Wow desert. First, congrats on 1000!!!!. Secondly that Minister sure seems to know a lot about dead playboy bunnies and interwebz friendliness lol

desertangel Guest
    Thanks Stew! 1,000 whoot! The movie poster for AoT50FW was used during the sermon and he had photoshopped long pants and a turtleneck on her image. I still dont quite know how to feel about finding out who Ms. Vickers was for the first time in church. Her stint in Playboy was not mentioned and he said his mother begged him not to use her as an example. After reading this thread, I don't think she cared much about how she met her demise, but it's certainly a story with a medium to mild shock factor.

ssn5 Guest
    How did her space heater not burn out?

You can find Miss Vickers as a young chick with her sweet little bottom as bare as birth, online. What you can't find are the M.E.'s pictures of the dried out corpse, sitting in her chair at home, and you know they were taken, and you know you want to see them!