Thread: Battlestar Galactica

Battlestar Galactica

Who besides myself is pumped about the premiere of Battlestar Galactica Razor tonite? Seems like its been 10 years since the last episode.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

donetodeath Guest
    are talking about the original battle star or the imitation one?

The better written one.The one without the spandex and big hair.Not looking for sttos vs sttng kinda battle.

Blondin Guest
    Unfortunately it is on at the same time as Torchwood. I want to see Jack meet himself in 1941.

endsleigh03 Guest
    I looked anyway

I've heard a lot of good buzz about Torchwood. right now all I can afford is the basic cable. Its a pisser cause I know I am missing out on a bunch of quality programming.

SueWahoo Guest
    It's getting good reviews on the BSG newsgroup. People like that it fills out a lot of info on Cain and Pegasus. I haven't seen it, but I've read the spoilers I did like Michelle Forbes as Cain. She was great even though I hated what animals Cain and the crew had become. Because of some craptacular circumstances beyond my control, I was unable to watch most of the last season of BSG but I'm going to pick it up on DVD. Fans are in a bit of a tizzy because of the writers' strike delaying or, possibly, putting a stop to any BSG finale. That would suck greatly!

Sue

hoxharding Guest

Torchwood

Quote Originally Posted by Blondin View Post
    Unfortunately it is on at the same time as Torchwood. I want to see Jack meet himself in 1941.
    Aha, another Captain Jack fan! =)

Isn't BSG Razor a prequel to the BSG remake?
    Such a shame they didn't remake BSG 1990 or whatever the date was...(JOKE!just a bad joke, I swear)

opheliahardin Guest
    I'll probably watch it for a bit. But if they start using the "jiggy-cam" too much I'll switch off.

WHAT is with that? Makes me want to vomit.

xenaswolf Guest
    too cool! I have a hand drawn charcoal etching of Michele Forbes as Ensign Ro. I loved her then and am glad to see her back on TV

SueWahoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post
    too cool! I have a hand drawn charcoal etching of Michele Forbes as Ensign Ro. I loved her then and am glad to see her back on TV
    Ensign Ro was a hottie. You might want to watch Razor, there's a very interesting development between Cain (Forbes) and the mightily hot Number Six (Tricia Helfer).

xenaswolf Guest
    Hmmmmmm I just might have to. Isn't Lucy Lawless on Battlestar now or was that just a couple of guest shots?

SueWahoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post
    Hmmmmmm I just might have to. Isn't Lucy Lawless on Battlestar now or was that just a couple of guest shots?
    I think she was in 12 eps. Two from season 2 and 10 from season 3. I read that she has filmed several episodes for, the now interrupted, season 4. I think she was supposed to be in 3 eps during early season 4 but I'm not sure, she could very well end up in more than that.

Blondin Guest
    I thought Lucy was boxed last season. Did they unwrap her?

SueWahoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondin View Post
    I thought Lucy was boxed last season. Did they unwrap her?
    I've always wanted a Cylon for Christmas.

Dear Santa, I've been a very good girl. Here's my list of good girl goodies.

1. DVDs
    2. CDs
    3. Cylon No. 3 (if you've run out, I'll be happy to take a No. 8)
    4. Beef jerky

Blondin Guest
    6 please.

viridescence Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Who besides myself is pumped about the premiere of Battlestar Galactica Razor tonite? Seems like its been 10 years since the last episode.
    I thought it was pretty well done -- interesting to learn more about Cain and why she did what she did, as well as get the full story about some of what went down with Pegasus before it met up with Galactica. I wasn't sure why they had to introduce and then kill off a new character to tell the story, but I thought it was pretty enjoyable.

I know, it has been forever since the last episode. MARCH?! That's just ridiculous that we have to wait that long. But I guess they were throwing us a bone with Razor.

Ken Guest
    I am in the middle of season 2 on DVD right now. I did not have cable when they started and was a little "stand-offish" about the remake. But I have to admit I love this series and will cry when it I'm outta shows. Just like I did when Firefly got dropped. <cry>

I like BSG a lot, but don't seem to like the characters everyone else does. We have cable, but can't get Sci Fi channel - - can you imagine?! My husband downloads it for us.

And Firefly... I love that show so much. I can't believe it was cancelled, especially considering some of the crap that's on now.

Fighter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by madeline View Post
    I like BSG a lot, but don't seem to like the characters everyone else does. We have cable, but can't get Sci Fi channel - - can you imagine?! My husband downloads it for us.

And Firefly... I love that show so much. I can't believe it was cancelled, especially considering some of the crap that's on now.
    Firefly was one of the best Sci-Fi shows ever. It sucks that it got cancelled. I love the Serenity Movie as well...

Razor is out on dvd, in fact, I got it for my very obsessed husband for Christmas. Just thought I'd say that in case anybody was living in a cave and didn't know. I like the new show. They completely reinvented BSG. The original was such 80's cheese- loved it on a whole 'nother level.

Is there a geek social group yet? I'll go look. I'm a Torchwood and Doctor Who freak! Season finale of Doctor Who on Sci Fi channel tonight in the U.S., for those who either aren't in the UK or haven't Torrented it yet. I've been good, but I've already had a few spoilers thrown my way.

Chevyheaven Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    I've heard a lot of good buzz about Torchwood. right now all I can afford is the basic cable. Its a pisser cause I know I am missing out on a bunch of quality programming.

Yeah the golf, fishing and booger picking channels all miss you too.

I loved BG. I dont what all this razor business is about but I will check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
    Firefly was one of the best Sci-Fi shows ever. It sucks that it got cancelled. I love the Serenity Movie as well...
    I agree! But Serenity would've made me cry if I hadn't been prepared for who was lost(don't want to spoil anyone who hasn't seen it).