Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst ... 345671454 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghosts, Poltergeists, Haunted Places & Stories

JGrier Guest

Live Ghost Hunters on right now

6 hour live ghost hunters on right now. Started at 9 pm eastern.

cindysgold Guest
    I've been watching it...but it moves to slow.
    I like the regular episodes..

Katie Guest
    I am watching too. Got a little bored, turned the channel, and who did I see? Our very own Scott, at the playboy mansion.

Ms. K Guest
    Sweet, and they're at Waverly Hills!

That is a super creepy, haunted place. It truly is haunted. I will never, ever spend time at Waverly Hills ghost hunting, thanks.

i swear that one guy about crapped his pants when that weed brushed against his leg in Waverly.

dirttrackdemon3 Guest
    i didnt get to see the live show, but i saw most if the ones that came on before it. i had to leave when the episode about the battleship went off. damn, i hate i missed it!

I missed it last night - didn't they find or catch anything?

Lisamarie Guest
    I was watching anyone else see that light right before steve had his little freak out?? I did and my girlfriend swore she heard voices....but I swear I saw a light at the end of the hallway and then there was this noise right befor steve was attacked by the weed! I would love to go to waverly hills ...what an amazing place!

Tugboat25 Guest
    I'm a fan of Ghost Hunters and I watch it every week but man, the Live addition was nothing but Dullsville.
    I hate to say it but it was a bore. It's safe to say a whole lotta nuthin' happens in ghost research (most of the time).

Katie Guest
    Did you know that the average show takes three days to make? i didn't know this until I did a little research. Did anyone see it all the way through? On the Sci Fi web site, people are talking about someone being rude to one of the newbie's. Did anyone see that?

I'm reading their book right now, "Ghost Hunting". Apparently before they got cameras and their own TV show, they had some really good cases with a lot of good stuff going on - or so they claim.

Kind of makes me wonder if these guys are on the "up and up" at all...

Sort of strange how their cases on TV don't have all the exciting stuff that went on before TV cameras came into the picture...hmmm.

Katie Guest
    I like the show, and have no complains with it. It sure does put some of the other shows to shame, who go and find a whole room full of ghosts, but have no proof of what they are experiencing.

Tugboat25 Guest
    I'm an open minded skeptic when it comes to ghosts and the paranormal so one of the things I appreciate most about Ghost Hunters is that Jason and Grant are also very much skeptics as well.
    An intriguing side note is about how Brian Harnois is no longer on the show. Jason and Grant say he was fired (and will not say why) and Brian says he quit.
    Andy Andrews and Donn LaCroix are also presently former members of TAPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    I'm an open minded skeptic when it comes to ghosts and the paranormal so one of the things I appreciate most about Ghost Hunters is that Jason and Grant are also very much skeptics as well.
    An intriguing side note is about how Brian Harnois is no longer on the show. Jason and Grant say he was fired (and will not say why) and Brian says he quit.
    Andy Andrews and Donn LaCroix are also presently former members of TAPS.
    I couldn't stand Brian anyway, "Dude!" this and that - yeesh.

And he was just annoying and always whining.

The book sort of lets on about the "firing". Apparently he told too many lies and they just got a bit fed up with him. He quit and came back a couple times - in case anyone noticed.

cindysgold Guest
    [QUOTE=Tugboat25;31740]

I thought Brian was back. Did he quit again ?

I don't care for him anyway. I didn't believe much he said about an investigation. I think he was jealous of Steve.

Tugboat25 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I couldn't stand Brian anyway, "Dude!" this and that - yeesh.

And he was just annoying and always whining.

The book sort of lets on about the "firing". Apparently he told too many lies and they just got a bit fed up with him. He quit and came back a couple times - in case anyone noticed.
    I'm with you in regards to Brian.
    He was an irritant for sure. He just has this "quality" about him that made him pretty unlikeable.
    Not to mention that to Brian Harnois, EVERYTHING was a ghost.
    I think that troubled Jason and Grant as well.

I live really close to Waverly, my husband has been there before this new owner bought it and he didn't see any ghostly things but he did have the shit scared out of him by the place in general. The place is really big I have been on the outside of it during the day. You hear so many stories about it growing up you are kind of intimadated by it.

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    I'm reading their book right now, "Ghost Hunting". Apparently before they got cameras and their own TV show, they had some really good cases with a lot of good stuff going on - or so they claim.

Kind of makes me wonder if these guys are on the "up and up" at all...

Sort of strange how their cases on TV don't have all the exciting stuff that went on before TV cameras came into the picture...hmmm.
    When you edit the investigation down to 12 minutes (minus the intro and reveal), it does make for exciting ghost hunting. But the most you get out of an investigation is a couple of EVPs and a piece of video.

My favorite was the house in Seattle with the sister's ashes - awesome!

19. 11-01-2007, 10:55 AM

hoxharding Guest
    I don't understand why the wrestling is on SCi-Fi except that NBC owns it.
    This is the second year they have put a wrestler on the live show.
    TAPS is going to have a spin-off? Maybe they can compete against Most Haunted.

WendyK Guest
    I tivoed it last night gonna have to check it out this weekend when I have the time.

when do you guys get to see the results show? I cant be bothered watching most haunted any more as it looks totally fake while ghost hunters at least try to find reason behind everything.

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemr68 View Post
    I watched some of the show and it was just bull crap plug for the sci-fi channel. There was absolutely no reason to bring in a stupid wrestler who couldn't form a complete sentence when they asked him to explain what he saw. And those stupid braids kept making noises.
    I was turned off in the beginning when the host went into the control room and asked what that smell was. 'That's the sweet smell of a Red Sox victory'. What a bunch of choads. Lastly, those two annoying women 'investigators'. They talked and complained the whole time. How the heck can you hear anything when you're talking? Then they were so rude to that investigator that was trying out for the show. I hope they fire those two cows.
    As a huge fan of TAPS, I have to say your review of the show last night is SPOT F'ING ON!

TAPS ARE YOU READING THIS??? WHAT HE SAID X10!!

And what was with that chessy intro? Graphics department run by interns last night?

atlantis Guest
    The wrestling guy was so unnecessary. He just made them look ridiculous and I'm a huge fan of GH's. I think we should email/write them and tell them what flew with us and what didn't. If they are smart, they'll listen; if they don't listen, well, they are jackasses. And one of the women-in-training was very annoying. Maybe she was nervous or something but she kept babbling away...she was the one walking up the body chute with that guy...she didn't do alot for the show, IMHO. Maybe that is jealously talking...b/c I want to be a TAPS investigator. Or even just an investigator 'round these parts (Nashville). Is there anything around these parts? Does anyone know?

I wandered off from Ghost Hunters after about two hours last night but I will tune in for the reveal. I love the shows best that are already edited though I did find last night very fascinating, as well. It's only about 2.5 hours north of me (where they were).

But the wrestler...why?????

Most Haunted is very boring (IMO). Although, I do enjoy it when the re-run what they captured. Ghost Hunters is my favorite. Yes, ghost hunting is a lot of sitting around and waiting...and listening. It gets very tedious. More often than not you don't see or hear anything when it's happening before you, it's only when reviewing the tapes. Just like the show.
    In my experience I've only witnessed a full body aparition ONCE and it was very shocking. Not scary, just "Oh, my God" kind of thing. It was in an Iowan converted school house that is now an inn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

xenaswolf Guest
    I'm watching it in bits and pieces as I feel up to it. I'm down sick with a nasty nasty cold and can only sit up for a little bit at a time.

What hacks me off is the damn background music they are playing. How the hell am I supposed to hear anything with all that going on?

I'm soooo glad Brian H is gone. He just worked my last nerve.

The new girl Kris needs to work on her camera work and stop moving it all around as she talks. Anyone notice how NICE Steve is to her? I think there may be a hook up getting ready to take place. He's never that nice to new folks.

We are supposed to get the results next week.

Snoopy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post
    I'm watching it in bits and pieces as I feel up to it. I'm down sick with a nasty nasty cold and can only sit up for a little bit at a time.

What hacks me off is the damn background music they are playing. How the hell am I supposed to hear anything with all that going on?

I'm soooo glad Brian H is gone. He just worked my last nerve.

The new girl Kris needs to work on her camera work and stop moving it all around as she talks. Anyone notice how NICE Steve is to her? I think there may be a hook up getting ready to take place. He's never that nice to new folks.

We are supposed to get the results next week.
    Sorry you're not feeling well! I agree on all counts..Brian is annoying..Kris is ditzy..and Steve has the hots for her! LOL

xenaswolf Guest
    Just got to the part where the girls were giving the contestant a hard time. What cows! Its not like they are on all that often. They were tag teaming him and then correcting him like a child.

xenaswolf Guest
    ROFLMAO!!! That pro wrestler will NEVER live this down!

Hmm so Brian H and Donna are gonna be on the spin off....very interesting.
    Last edited by xenaswolf; 11-01-2007 at 05:04 PM.

JGrier Guest
    Kris is cute as hell.

On VH1 last night at 10 eastern(I think) was a episode of Celebrity Paranormal. It's the old MTV show "Fear" only with B-list celebrities. This episode was at Waverly. Funny how enough things go on to scare Gary Busey but, don't go on for the TAPS guys.

After watching Ghost Hunters, I can't even watch these other shows. Too fake.

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    I'm going to start a rumor here, but I think Donna left because she and Grant had a thing. They went to school together and they are always hinting on how well they know each other. Maybe Grant's wife made the decision for him.

xena is right - what's with the music? It's a haunting, not a f'ing dance party.

And I don't know what anyone see's in Most Haunted. There's a great video out there that rips on her called Most Farted. Low brow humor but still funny as hell.

And what's with the wrestlers? What's next - midgets?

Daphne Guest
    I love Ghost Hunters, but sadly missed the show last night. In reading this thread I realize I may not have missed much LOL, live show? Wrestlers? Red Sox? HUH?

Also, I agree that Brian was annoying...I remember last season that Grant was pissed cuz that guy was ALWAYS on his cellphone-

I soo remember that STUPID celebrity paranormal, as well I cannot stand most haunted, no proof, camera tricks, and everyone goes in with 'Im going to be haunted' expectations, whereas it seems TAPS goes in SOLELY to debunk and be skeptic, so it means something..

Just my .02

Daphne Guest
    [quote=Tombstone Tourist;32312]I'm going to start a rumor here, but I think Donna left because she and Grant had a thing. They went to school together and they are always hinting on how well they know each other. Maybe Grant's wife made the decision for him.

Donna and Grant--LOL! you rumormonger! naaa.. we love ya!

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Daphne View Post
    [quote=Tombstone Tourist;32312]I'm going to start a rumor here, but I think Donna left because she and Grant had a thing. They went to school together and they are always hinting on how well they know each other. Maybe Grant's wife made the decision for him.

Here's a new drinking game we invented for GH:

Everyone chugs when Jason says "me and Grant."

When is the producer going to correct him?

Signed,
    The Grammar Police

I guess I didn't miss much either. I only watched for the first hour. Brian was annoying, but then I had to laugh everytime he would freak over the littlest things. We call him Tripper. So he's going to be on the spin off too? Oy!

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne View Post

I kind of was getting that vibe about them also. Just the way they'd talk and look at each other. I sort of saw "something" there. And hey, Donna is pretty hot!

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    I kind of was getting that vibe about them also. Just the way they'd talk and look at each other. I sort of saw "something" there. And hey, Donna is pretty hot!
    Although we view Donna through a different lens, I would agree.

Question for the ladies - Dave Tango and Dustin. Hot or not?

cindysgold Guest
    Spin off ?

what did i miss ??

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    i swear that one guy about crapped his pants when that weed brushed against his leg in Waverly.
    Yeah, he's a big scaredy cat like that, LOL.

I watched it but yeah, I like the regular shows better. The one last year was better with all the sounds and things going on in the underground area.

hlh004 Guest

Ghost? What do u think?

My friend just got his pictures back from Halloween and this is what turned up.....

First one:
    wtf is that thing?

Second one:
    Do u see the face?

Do yall have any "ghost pics"?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	n1632000007_3703_8595.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	504   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	n1632000007_3707_702.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	505  

Chascsq Guest
    Yep I see a profile in the first one with a small pointed nose with a grimace, and on the second one it looks like one of those grey aliens.

I have one too. Took it last year in the dining room with a digital camera. I think it's my great-great-great grandfather. It's captioned because I posted it on my myspace, and everyone was saying, "I don't see it."

Name:	ghostdining3.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	506  
    Last edited by Chascsq; 11-02-2007 at 07:16 AM.

hlh004 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chascsq View Post
    Yep I see a profile in the first one with a small pointed nose with a grimace, and on the second one it looks like one of those grey aliens.

I have one too. Took it last year in the dining room with a digital camera. I think it's my great-great-great grandfather. It's captioned because I posted it on my myspace, and everyone was saying, "I don't see it."
    awesome. i love these pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Chascsq View Post

Actually that one looks like a wooly collie staring out from the side of a barn or something.

WendyK Guest
    What do you all think of this?

Name:	Cool Pic.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	513  

hlh004 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    What do you all think of this?
    humm u can defiantly see like a skull in the middle of the road!

hoxharding Guest
    Chascsq:
    It looks like a small dog to me.

knothere Guest
    hlh004
    ya id say theyr real
    theres more than 1 in both
    where were they taken by

knothere Guest
    i had a ghost video
    but out of respect for the person's property (it was a business)
    i deleted it
    it hoverd like 30 ft up in the air from the sky n floated in a white cloud n when it was on the ground it looked like a small man or a boy tying up a horse n it was seen at night after the rain by the river n the river like all areas is where our town originated
    it was caught on their new security system we installed n saved to the computer just for the cameras (that camera sees 3000 x faster than the human eye)
    we tried to see it with our own eyes ...but nuffin

VegasVic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    Patrick Swayze comes to mind. God they have footage of him walking through a wall. I didn't know he died.

Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    Patrick Swayze comes to mind. God they have footage of him walking through a wall. I didn't know he died.
    LOL - he might as well be - along with his career.

hoxharding Guest
    I don't know if Dustin is hot,never thought of him that way. But he is a sweet guy.
    =)