Page 68 of 73 FirstFirst ... 19596667686970 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,400 of 3643

Thread: Ghosts, Poltergeists, Haunted Places & Stories

Yes, I was born in Scotland in how we have monsters
    in our lake.
    With ghosts in are Castles.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Got an Android phone? They've got free EMF dectector/reader apps in the app store. Also good for measuring high EMF readings in your home just in general, as high EMF fields have been known to aggravate health problems and make folks who are otherwise healthy feel out of kilter.

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Got an Android phone? They've got free EMF dectector/reader apps in the app store. Also good for measuring high EMF readings in your home just in general, as high EMF fields have been known to aggravate health problems and make folks who are otherwise healthy feel out of kilter.
    Straying OT but speaking of EMF's, the new electric "smart meters" the power company mounts on every outside box reportedly emit a very high frequency and high-power EMF.

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Wow I can't believe everything was just left like that...
    It's actually quite common for personnel to just up and ditch a hospital, or asylum or sanitorium or prison or what-have-you when the state closes the place, and leave EVERYTHING to rust and rot, even supposedly private patient records. I read an article about an abandoned NJ asylum where Woody Guthrie was confined when his Huntington's disease still merely resembled insanity/alcoholism--- "Wardy Forty" as he referred to it (and where Bob Dylan visited him.) The "urban explorers" found HIS records in a pile with all the other patients, with before-and-after photos and all. They later brought them to Woody's daughter to put in his museum. Shameful and wasteful to leave all that equipment too--- it doesn't take long for stuff to deteriorate. One good leak in a roof or broken window can start the process.

It DOES add to the haunted atmosphere-- too many teenagers go into these places looking for ghosts, or hold stupid dangerous wanna-be Satanic "rituals" (though most of the danger probably comes from busted floors and steps, caving ceilings, rats, black mold, etc.)

The ghost animal is still active, but not so much. I've been feeling bumps and knocks and just chalked it up as a door slamming next door or the train two roads over. I also have been sitting here typing and felt a coldness pressing against my back. I'm not talking about a breeze, just a still coldness. That's not a train. And the foot steps I felt walking from the bathroom through my room and out my bedroom door was not a train. At the first two footsteps i thought "Why is Sissy going through my room to get to her bedroom"--she has her own bathroom door--"or downstairs?" But it wasn't Sissy. I couldn't see who it was, but I did feel the footsteps continue on out of bedroom door.

I am not telling Sissy. She can live with a ghost cat or dog without fear, but not a man or woman ghost.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

It's kind of funny, ever since I was a child, I had a facination with England. Even as a 5 year old, I'd tell people that I would move to England when I grew up. It just always seemed familiar to me when I'd see pictures of London or see something on tv as a child. Back in 1995 I finally had the chance to go there. I spent the weekend in London (I was in Germany visiting relatives and decided to go to London for the weekend).

It really felt like home to me. It didn't feel like a foreign country to me. It felt like I had been there all my life.

I always wondered if I was there in a past life. I just have such a fondness for England and I have no idea why?

I haven't had a chance to go back but I know I will someday.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    Straying OT but speaking of EMF's, the new electric "smart meters" the power company mounts on every outside box reportedly emit a very high frequency and high-power EMF.
    I read about this years ago when PG&E told us we were all getting them when I used to live in NorCal. Studies from all sides showing this and that about them. So I called PG&E up and said I didn't want one. Too bad, they said. Consumers had no choice in the matter. Really? I pay you to tell me what to do? That's a neat job. How do you go about getting that shit? I said. She had no answer, so I hung up on them. Bart Simpson in a 50 year-old body at times. But don't start with the rubber stamp conversations with me and think it'll fly, PG&E.

Lots of us were calling and doing this at the time because we didn't want the damned things. Some successfully avoided installation. But those if us in multi-unit dwellings who called were out of luck thanks to the homeowner's associations manager who was all for them. And she didn't care what we wanted. People were pissed at her because she had the power to say no and didn't. They were installed and shortly afterward she was out and a new one brought in.

Here, we don't have those. And none of the utility companies will touch this house because it's almost 100 years old. I have power from the main power line. But when it comes to installing meters and shit, they all practically start crying when looking at the wiring, lol. Erm, we're not able to (fill in the blank) ma'am. Yeah, that's a shame. Bye then.

On the topic of ghostiness, odd things happen in this house at times but nothing too odd. I figure if anything they're the ghost of the man who was to be my first husband. Because they always seem to be things that protect me from something horrifying that could've happened. That's been happening since he died. A few years now. So, I can live with it.

Do I believe in ghosts? Eh, I dunno. But every once in awhile something happens and there will be some physical remnant present that only he would leave. It's weird. But like I said, I can live with it.
    Last edited by SomeChick; 05-11-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Anyone in and around Ohio can check out this site:http://www.deadohio.com/MainMenu.htm
    It has a lot of haunted places and accounts from people who've experienced paranormal activity in certain areas.
    "I was 12 going on 13 the first time I saw a dead human being" --Stand by Me

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonams View Post
    Anyone in and around Ohio can check out this site:http://www.deadohio.com/MainMenu.htm
    It has a lot of haunted places and accounts from people who've experienced paranormal activity in certain areas.
    Thanks for sharing! Got it bookmarked. I'm going to save it for broad daylight and at night chant my "I refuse to have a bad dream" mantra. Lol.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

When my grandpa died I think the entire city of Green Bay was at the funeral at some point. The funeral home was FULL (literally full) of flowers. They were EVERYWHERE. Which was cool because Grandpa loved flowers. He absolutely loved color any ways.... After the wake was over the funeral home delivered all the plants/flowers to the bar (that grandma and grandpa owned), where we all divvied them up. The bar was so full of flowers that you could hardly walk around. It was crazy. My step father was drawn to this potted rose tree, and had to bring it home. We kept it in the basement all winter, and brought it back outside recently when we had thought that it was finally spring.

With the crazy weather we have been having lately (one day its 80 degrees and summer, and the next day we have frost warnings) we thought the tree was on its way to dying. Well, today was the first year Anniversary of grandpas passing, and my Mom called me tonight to ask me a question, and also to tell me that this morning, out of the blue, that a rose bloomed on the tree
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMonkey719 View Post
    When my grandpa died I think the entire city of Green Bay was at the funeral at some point. The funeral home was FULL (literally full) of flowers. They were EVERYWHERE. Which was cool because Grandpa loved flowers. He absolutely loved color any ways.... After the wake was over the funeral home delivered all the plants/flowers to the bar (that grandma and grandpa owned), where we all divvied them up. The bar was so full of flowers that you could hardly walk around. It was crazy. My step father was drawn to this potted rose tree, and had to bring it home. We kept it in the basement all winter, and brought it back outside recently when we had thought that it was finally spring.

With the crazy weather we have been having lately (one day its 80 degrees and summer, and the next day we have frost warnings) we thought the tree was on its way to dying. Well, today was the first year Anniversary of grandpas passing, and my Mom called me tonight to ask me a question, and also to tell me that this morning, out of the blue, that a rose bloomed on the tree
    Aww, that's a sweet story.

Here's a mystery. So I'm up here in my room and Sissy is downstairs in the living room, right. So she sends me a text

Sissy: R u Okay?
    Me: Yeah, why?
    Sissy: I heard you yell.
    Me: What? I didn't yell. I've been up here doing a Bible study and messing around on FB and the forum.
    Sissy: I heard you!
    Me: But I didn't!
    Sissy: I must be hearing things.

GOD IS NOT DEAD

Seagorath Guest
    Ghosts and the paranormal...the whole thing has become boring to me.

Not for me. If you slept with a cat ghost every night things my freshen up for you.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

carrieanne Guest
    I wish my favorite kitty who passed would sleep with me... I miss him...

I don't even know if this is actually a cat, could be a little dog. But I've hand many cats and most of them slept with me and when this little ghost gets on my bed and curls up it just feels like a cat. I also don't know who it belongs to. I haven't had a cat in more than three years and certainly not one since I moved up here. It was here before I moved. Sissy had one that slept with her years ago that was in her apartment when she moved in. Sissy does have a cat here, though, and at first I thought it was her. But, no, it's not, because I have been awake and looking at that side of the bed when it happened and there was nothing there that I could see.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I had a strange day yesterday. I felt very weepy and emotional. I thought it was hormones (but I'm not due for another week). I'd see some story online and get tears in my eyes. Hear a song on the radio, get choked up. It was strange.

This morning, it dawned on me. Yesterday was the 11th anniversary of my father's passing. I had totally forgotten about it yesterday but remembered today. I wonder if I was emotional because Dad was around me? I've heard that when a spirit is around you can feel very emotional.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    Ghosts and the paranormal...the whole thing has become boring to me.
    Why's that? You were so into it just a year or so ago.

Mamawolf Guest
    As a Medium, I love reading about other's experiences...and seeing them on the television screen. Unfortunately, a lot of the "GHOST HUNTERS" are just guys who go to haunted (or possibly haunted) places and scare themselves and each other. It's fun to watch, but for someone like me, it's mostly humor. LOL. That said, sometimes I can actually see the spirits on the television.....which has a whole different outlook for me.

Too Funny

Quote Originally Posted by Mamawolf View Post
    As a Medium, I love reading about other's experiences...and seeing them on the television screen. Unfortunately, a lot of the "GHOST HUNTERS" are just guys who go to haunted (or possibly haunted) places and scare themselves and each other. It's fun to watch, but for someone like me, it's mostly humor. LOL. That said, sometimes I can actually see the spirits on the television.....which has a whole different outlook for me.
    Everything filmed through night vision lenses makes things look scarier. It is funny when they work themselves up over someone else's footprints. Do they ever react (on TV) to the spirits you see? Or, do they not notice them at all?

One time I stated at a friend's house. I shut the door when I went to bed. Oddly, I felt footsteps on the mattress, they woke me up. Regretfully, I didn't open my eyes. I checked for cats in the morning, none in the room. I knew someone had committed suicide in the house before they bought it, I found out at breakfast that it was in the room I slept in. But, that doesn't mean anything, right?

Mamawolf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    Everything filmed through night vision lenses makes things look scarier. It is funny when they work themselves up over someone else's footprints. Do they ever react (on TV) to the spirits you see? Or, do they not notice them at all?
    Sometimes they respond, sometimes they miss it entirely. It's funny at times to see them talking about something they "feel" when I can SEE something behind them.....LOL.

I never thought the letters in the Penthouse forum were true....Sorry wrong start. As many of you know I lost my father in June. He bought a gold chain many years ago with a cross. A year after he died I started thinking about it because I wanted it. It was mailed to my sister from the home about a month before he died. She looked around for it, found it and brought it to my apt. I wear it all the time and during the night I started having these vivid nightmares, this went on for a long time and last night i asked my wife to put it in the jewelry box for the night. I had my usual nightmares but not as vivid.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

I think a house can hold the energy of previous owners, living or dead.

I lived in this apartment in Aurora Il, it was pretty nice and remodeled, but my cats were weird in there. All of a sudden, they would walk around staring at the ceiling, and there would be no flies or bugs buzzing around. Then my kids starting complaining about a guy in the room with them at night, and refused to sleep in their bedroom. I told them that the guy can't do anything to them, so tell him goodnight and go to sleep. Then I would kind of wake up throughout the night, you know, when you would just wake up a little, but still so tired, you knock back out? I would wake a little, and see a guy with slicked hair looking down at me. It happened randomly. One night I was washing dishes, and a cabinet door opened and whacked me in the face. My luck was nothing but bad living in that place.

The house my hubby and I first bought moving to Florida, I heard the previous owner's husband passed away, but assumed it was in the hospital, and not at home. Hubby found Swisher Sweets boxes in the shed where the man would go sneak a smoke, we patched up holes in the walls where his wheel chair hit, fixed the place up nice. My hubby had to go in for surgery to have his aortic valve replaced, he had an aneurysm that had to be fixed. That was hell on my Hubby. He had to go back into surgery three more time because he was bleeding, they had him on Fentanyl afterwards. When he went home, the nurses told me that hubby would be a little weird coming off the Fentanyl. He kept talking, half awake, to someone in the room, and after a while, when he was better, he remembered this old man in the bedroom with him, clear as day. We had the best luck in that house! We moved into a bigger house, I was excited with the idea of moving, yet shameful of leaving "Pops" behind. The people who owned the place we are in now, the previous couple fought constantly, and they split up. The lady who lived here before them was a hoarder, and a hot mess. Our luck in this house sucks! I love the place, but our luck now is horrible!

pwem Guest
    Don't know if this belongs here but here is an interesting site on what it is like living with skeletons.

http://www.oddthingsiveseen.com/2013...in-family.html

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pwem View Post
    Don't know if this belongs here but here is an interesting site on what it is like living with skeletons.

http://www.oddthingsiveseen.com/2013...in-family.html
    The guy must be the grandson of Red Skeleton.

pwem Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    The guy must be the grandson of Red Skeleton.
    LOL! I especially like the pic with the 3 of them on the couch watching TV. It's an interesting website.

I used to live around the corner from the first one and visited on occasion:

http://www.travelandleisure.com/arti...unted-places/5

Wendy A. Guest
    I used to live around the corner from the first one and visited on occasion:

http://www.travelandleisure.com/arti...unted-places/5
    That place LOOKS haunted!

It's the oldest building in NOLA that's still standing. Even now. When you go inside it's a very nice pub. With very nice $$$$$ prices too, lol. I got no creepy vibes from the place at all. Very cool though. Was originally a blacksmith shop. Lots of original relics on the walls that were found during it's restoration too.

I don't know if it was a new episode but the Ghost Adventures crew went into the Lizzy Borden home & if that shit is real... I do not want to visit anytime soon. I got goosebumps more than once while watching that episode. Such scary & mind-blowing stuff!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's a B&B or museum now isn't it? Either way, I've been to several "haunted" houses. None of them have ever bothered me. Would love to go there, in fact.

It's a B&B or museum now isn't it? Either way, I've been to several "haunted" houses. None of them have ever bothered me. Would love to go there, in fact.
    I think the Borden home is now a B&B yes. Interesting but I don't think you could pay me a million dollars to set foot in that house- haunted or not
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ghostly image appears to damage police vehicle

My state Capitol *L*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

dstrattenfan, use the search as you've been asked to do several times before.

37. 11-08-2013, 05:42 PM
    Reason
    dupe

There is a haunted antique store where I live. It's a gigantic old wooden building which was a fruit packing plant more than a 100 years ago. My brother dated a girl who worked there, and helped her lock up because she was freaked out by one of the rooms. He said he saw some pretty strange goings-on in that place. I'm having deja vu, I may have posted this before.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/statue.asp

There was this story about a babysitter who was baby-sitting & she asked the parents who were out, if she could cover up the clown statue. They replied to call the police there was no clown statue in the house. I don't know what happened next but this story gave me the chills. To be in someone's house and be disguised so well as just a statue.... creepy!

Anyway a lot of awesome, interesting and spine-chilling stories are courtesy of Strange World via Facebook.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglander View Post
    It's kind of funny, ever since I was a child, I had a facination with England. Even as a 5 year old, I'd tell people that I would move to England when I grew up. It just always seemed familiar to me when I'd see pictures of London or see something on tv as a child. Back in 1995 I finally had the chance to go there. I spent the weekend in London (I was in Germany visiting relatives and decided to go to London for the weekend).

It really felt like home to me. It didn't feel like a foreign country to me. It felt like I had been there all my life.

I always wondered if I was there in a past life. I just have such a fondness for England and I have no idea why?

I haven't had a chance to go back but I know I will someday.
    I had the same fondness for England when I went there. Although I don't believe in reincarnation, I felt as if I had been there before. I loved it.

I also have the same feeling for Italy, although I've never been there. However, I want to go there within my lifetime.

It's strange, when I was younger (read: before I got married and had a kiddo ), I really felt attached to the Titanic disaster. I had read books on it and went through three traveling exhibits. I can't explain it, I was fascinated by the Titanic. I felt that I was there. The feeling was awakened after the Jan 2012 Costa Concordia disaster. One night I had a dream (after the disaster) that I was traveling with DH and decided to go out and see the wreck. However, we decided to go there at night in a leaking rowboat. The dream continued and we found ourselves on the island of Giglio where the ship eventually came to rest. This part was particularly vivid and I saw Giglio, the mountains, the vegetation, before I had researched the island myself. The dream was so haunting that when I woke up the next morning, I searched for more information on Giglio. I was so shocked that everything I saw about Giglio was envisioned in the dream. I've mentioned it to DH several times about how real it seemed.

As I said I don't believe in reincarnation, these two incidents give me pause. I feel as if I had been involved in a shipwreck in the past. We don't go on boats very often and I really can't explain my fascination about these two events.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/statue.asp

There was this story about a babysitter who was baby-sitting & she asked the parents who were out, if she could cover up the clown statue. They replied to call the police there was no clown statue in the house. I don't know what happened next but this story gave me the chills. To be in someone's house and be disguised so well as just a statue.... creepy!

Anyway a lot of awesome, interesting and spine-chilling stories are courtesy of Strange World via Facebook.
    Don't mean to burst your bubble, or this may make you feel at ease, but the story above was a legend and not verified as "True or False" by snopes. According to snopes, there have been no authentic stories about people disguising as themselves as clowns and hiding in people's homes only to pounce in a weak moment. However, clowns do creep me out and interestingly enough, my daughter is afraid of clowns. She doesn't have much interaction with them and seems comfortable around other costumed characters, she doesn't want to be around clowns. I guess it's how they appear.
    Last edited by Aviatrix; 12-02-2013 at 12:28 PM.
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

ok well I know now it was urban legend & thanks for confirmation but I just was posting in here to add to the scariness and creepiness of it all, the mystery; what if it was real ... that would be so creepy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That clown shit is weird. Where people come up with these things and why, who knows. But it really waters down real ghost hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    ok well I know now it was urban legend & thanks for confirmation but I just was posting in here to add to the scariness and creepiness of it all, the mystery; what if it was real ... that would be so creepy.
    We left the house for a short period of time yesterday. We went to the funeral home to pick up my dad's death certificate and cremains. When at the funeral home I kept asking, "Did someone close the front door?" I always leave it open for when DD returns from school. My mom said that she closed it and not to worry. When we got home and while we were returning home, I saw lights from the Christmas tree reflecting off the back door - the front door was left open. I went through the house to be sure that no one got in. I was sure that someone was going to jump out at me and later my family. Needless to say I didn't sleep well last night for fear that someone was hiding in one of our unused closets. I'm almost sure something like this has happened before. Definitely creepy, as was the vibe in the house last night.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick
    That clown shit is weird. Where people come up with these things and why, who knows. But it really waters down real ghost hunting.
    I think they originate with the younger population = HS and college students. I remember reading the explanation and it made sense, but I can't remember where I read it. Probably Snopes?
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

That sounds about right. Like those bloody hook from a killer's missing hand stuck in the door handle of a car that beat it out of Lovers Lane type stories I used to hear in school. Dude sure gets around, as I heard that story from people who moved to my neighborhood from lots of other states when I was a kid.
    Last edited by SomeChick; 12-04-2013 at 11:46 AM.

What do you all think of this ghostly photo???

This photo was taken at least 30 years ago at our summer camp in the Adirondack Mountains. Our summer home was over 100 years old and was definitely haunted. My father, mother, sister and many relatives saw "the ghost", it was a female and we named her Grace.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jane and the Ghost!.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	460.3 KB 
ID:	49939  

Wendy A. Guest
    That's creepy! I'd think it was a ghost. I hope she was a friendly ghost!

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by triccelli View Post
    This photo was taken at least 30 years ago at our summer camp in the Adirondack Mountains. Our summer home was over 100 years old and was definitely haunted. My father, mother, sister and many relatives saw "the ghost", it was a female and we named her Grace.
    Not sure about the ghost, but I'm digging the cool wallpaper. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by triccelli View Post
    Please do a search before starting a thread.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Seagorath Guest
    Daytime EVP capture...by me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc8H7_W3kHs

I am in a newly formed paranormal investigation group. We had our first meeting two weeks ago and our first investigation last weekend. I'm so happy to be back into this. I haven't done it for several years. I'll let you guys know when we find something interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]