Page 61 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1252596061626370 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,050 of 3643

Thread: Ghosts, Poltergeists, Haunted Places & Stories

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stranger_than_strange View Post
    My daughter (12) and I have just been on a little ghost hunt recently because at the end of last year her school held a camp where the kids stayed in the old life savers girls dorms at a near by beach. She came home and told me about a young man who wanted to keep them awake all night.
    Six girls out of 8 saw this guy and all told a teacher.

The teacher said to ignore him,but would not explain further. So knowing there was going to be another camp early this year, we set of to meet the insomniac spook over the xmas break. We walked through the dorms and yes they had a few cold spots but I couldn't see anyone, so we looked out in the garden where he was first sighted by one of the kids and there he was standing ( for loss of better words) in the shade under an old clothesline.
    He appeared clearly and kinda solid but as soon as my daughter said "That's him" he faded out.
    A bit of research later and he appears to be a victim of drowning from a boat that rolled in heavy surf back in the early 70's.
    My daughter takes this stuff in her stride, me I try to but being an adult I can scare myself stupid with it on a dark night just by thinking about it

The second camp was spook free thankfully, but I want to go back and this time take my video camera.
    What a neat experience! Lucky you and your daughter. Please do bring a video camera next time.
    Regards,
    Mary

So yesterday afternoon I was walking down the hall toward the kitchen when hubs came out of the bedroom and said "Is Joey here?" (Joey is our only boarder.) I go "I saw him leave for work this morning Why?" Hubs knocked on Joey's door anyway and then opened it and stuck his head inside. No Joey of course. He shut Joey's door and turned to me with a funny look on his face and said. "I heard a male voice out here." I said "But, you, Harry, and I are the only ones here." I told him he probably heard the ghost. He looked in every room, stepped out onto our front porch and stuck his head out the back. Nobody. So, since he has heard things before, he finally conceded that it might have been the ghost.

What else could it have been? Our house is one of those old floorplans where the front door opens onto a long, wide center hallway and the doors to all the rooms bump off of it. Thus, the hall is the hub of the house and my desk is right there. What I don't see I feel the vibrations of. I didn't feel any footsteps or anything, because he seldom reveals himself to me. He does not like Harry, at all, apparently. In the early days, he tried to scare me off again and he tried to scare Harry. FAIL! I told him to cut it out and Harry defended me one day when we were lying in bed. The ghost was apparently moving around, because all at once Harry straddled me and started barking and howling, tracking the ghost from my night stand, past the dresser, the fireplace, to the coat tree. And all at once Harry jumped down and tore over to the coattree and started sniffing something I couldn't see, as a dog will sniff a standing person. (I've already told about this upstream.)

Sometimes I'll see a flash of him out the corner of my eye, usually when he moves down he comes out of nowhere and enters our bedroom or the living room on the opposite side and down the hall.
    Last edited by cindyt; 02-20-2011 at 06:59 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

orionova Guest
    Previous tenants in my flat have told me it's haunted. I've not seen anything, but things have suddenly started disappearing. My set of crochet hooks, which I use almost every day? gone. My case of knitting needles? Gone. One of my SodaStream bottles, which I do use every day? MIA. I found my crochet hooks again, but the others just refuse to be found. It's getting annoying.

4. 02-20-2011, 06:14 PM

Reason
    Spam

I don't know if I already posted this story and I'm not looking thru the thousands of posts before finding IF i wrote something.
    When my daughter was on the road to recovery the first time she had cancer my wife was sitting in her room. Just my wife and daughter and my daughter said something to the effect of my wifes grandfather who died well over 25 years before was in the room watching over her.
    My wife was sitting there filling out paperwork with papers laying on the table and all of a sudden the papers flew straight in the air like they've just been hit.
    The day she died she said my wifes grandmother who my daughter called other grandma was sitting on the couch.
    My wifes grandmother died when my daughter was only a few months old.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseysucks View Post
    I don't know if I already posted this story and I'm not looking thru the thousands of posts before finding IF i wrote something.
    When my daughter was on the road to recovery the first time she had cancer my wife was sitting in her room. Just my wife and daughter and my daughter said something to the effect of my wifes grandfather who died well over 25 years before was in the room watching over her.
    My wife was sitting there filling out paperwork with papers laying on the table and all of a sudden the papers flew straight in the air like they've just been hit.
    The day she died she said my wifes grandmother who my daughter called other grandma was sitting on the couch.
    Something like this happened in my family. My mother's dad died in 1987, way long before my cousin's son Jay was born. Yet, at an early age, Jay began talking about Papa Dorsey and could pick out the things, like the big red toolbox, that he had given Jay's dad. When his parents asked him how he know these things, Jay said "Papa Dorsey told me." He had been seeing Papa Dorsey for some time.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I am going back to London for the weekend before my birthday in August and going inside Tower Of London and Hampton Court. I want to see or hear the ghosts which are stuck inside those places

havoc Guest
    I loved Hampton Court!!!

Head for the haunted gallery. This is where Henry VIII's 5th wife Catherine was dragged away screaming. We were told to say her name three times and she may appear. (Yes, like a dork I did it...lol)

Here's a great link to the hauntings at Hampton Court.

http://www.jannagraber.com/new_page_17.htm

I felt really uncomfortable at the Tower of London. Just bad vibes. I don't know, the ravens were creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseysucks View Post
    I may have posted this before but I believe when a person is dying those who have died before come to help them pass over.
    When my dad was close to death I saw my grandmother for a split second, she was in her burial clothes.
    When my husbands grandmother was dying she saw her mother and told us she saw her son who had died when he was young, he was across a river, telling her he would wait for her on the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    I may have posted this before but I believe when a person is dying those who have died before come to help them pass over.
    When my dad was close to death I saw my grandmother for a split second, she was in her burial clothes.
    When my husbands grandmother was dying she saw her mother and told us she saw her son who had died when he was young, he was across a river, telling her he would wait for her on the other side.

Many moons ago my parents were friends with a guy they met and befriended when they moved to Florida. The guy had lung cancer but couldn't resist sneaking smokes whenever he could.
    His cancer got worse.
    It turns out he had a daughter who lived in England and she suddenly died.
    The wife didn't want to tell the husband because his lung cancer got even worse.
    On his deathbed he sad out loud he mentioed his daughters name and said "What are you doing here?" That was it he died.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    I loved Hampton Court!!!

Head for the haunted gallery. This is where Henry VIII's 5th wife Catherine was dragged away screaming. We were told to say her name three times and she may appear. (Yes, like a dork I did it...lol)

Here's a great link to the hauntings at Hampton Court.

http://www.jannagraber.com/new_page_17.htm

I felt really uncomfortable at the Tower of London. Just bad vibes. I don't know, the ravens were creepy.

OMG! I will say her name 3 times and hope I see her. I am soooooo looking forward to it. My brother's girlfriend, who is scared of ghosts, loves Hampton Court. She also told me about The Haunted Gallery and it had a strange feeling to it. I read and seen in The Tudors about Catherine being dragged away screaming for Henry, shame she cheated and he wanted her gone.

I want to see or hear Anne Boleyn, I feel sorry for her and her death. Alot of people told me the Tower Of London has bad feelings. I guess all the deaths there dont help.

Roll on Saturday August 6th! I will be inside the Tower lol
    Last edited by Spooky_Stone; 03-06-2011 at 09:42 AM.

If I posted this before, my apologies for the duplicate post.

Let me preface this story by saying that during the 15 years that I lived in this house, I never saw or heard anything unusual or "ghostly", never had a feeling that I "wasn't alone" or one of being watched, but on maybe three occasions over the years, I've been lying in bed kind of half awake and half asleep, when I have suddenly felt someone lie down on the bed next to me. The last time it happened, I swear I heard the bed springs squeak. Naturally, each time it happened, I shot straight up out of bed, to find that there was no one there.

Long story short - several years ago on a Friday night during the summer, the air conditioner started making a squealling noise. I went to the closet that houses the air handler and felt the motor - it was really hot.

The next morning, I pulled the motor out, took it down to an appliance parts store and got a new one.

I went back home and was installing the motor when I heard a knock on the door, I was hot and aggravated, and almost didn't go to the door; but I did.

When I opened the door, the first thing I saw was a van from a local heating and air repair service, and then the guy who knocked said, "AC's broke, huh?"

My head started spinning trying to rationalize how they knew - I was stunned. "Show me to it", the guy said, so I started down the hall way. After a few steps my head started to clear, I stopped and said to the guy that I didn't understand what he was doing there. He was puzzled and asked to confirm the address, which he had right, he then said that they had received a call from an elderly lady reporting that the AC was out, and to please get here as soon as possible

I told him that the address was correct, and that the AC was out, but that I lived there alone, and I had not called anybody.

"That's weird", he said, and turned to leave.

That is one huge coincidence, or else I wasn't really alone.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

jaylene Guest
    Wow!! That just gave me the chills!!

I kinda get the chills every time I tell that story, it is fully true.

qulevergrrl Guest
    I'm not one of these, just because a place is old it must be haunted, kinda gal but...we just moved and. So the new place was built in 1914 and was 1/3 of a real old fashioned western saloon. They broke the joint up, and we live in what was the back bar, the pool room, and the restrooms. It reeks. I'm serious. And the cesspool is Allll ours to love and cherish. So the first few nights we were here, we kept hearing three distinctive sounds. It was the sound of shot glasses, three of them to be exact, being slammed on a bar. I told my husband. He agreed about the sound, but the origin, well, he's a skeptic. Skeptic or no, we did have a shared experience with a female voice laughing between us at night in a different home. Back to the story, so the next two nights it occurs again. He agrees. It's three shot glasses slamming on a bar. Soooooo. We're settling in to the fact that three people celebrate each night in our living...wait, whatever, living space o.k. so they hang out and around 2:30-3, our friends end their evening by slamming their glasses down and bidding us adieu. Then we get the news. On either the fourth or fifth night, my memory is fading, I get an email giving me the news that my friends haven't been able to reach me...we hadn't gotten a phone, just Internet. One of my three best friends from grad school had died suddenly from an aneurysm in the brain. So there were four of us who studied hours on end and sometimes ended the night with a shot at the local Hofbrau. All of us except for the friend that died. So oddly, when I found out that he had passed, the sounds stopped. I just get the feeling that he was having one for each of us. I don't know? Who does? It's all supernatural, incidental, freakadilic.

Tebssis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I kinda get the chills every time I tell that story, it is fully true.
    Bless her heart, she was looking out for you!

Mid morning, Hubs and the boarder were at work, and there was no one about but Harry, who was asleep on the couch, me, and the ghost. I was real busy on my computer, when the ghost jabbed me in the left upper arm with his finger. I jumped, looked, and there was no one there, of course. (I am deaf and people jab me with their finger to get my attention, so I know dang well what a finger in the arm feels like, and that was most def what it was.) I screamed "Daaaaaaaayuuuuuuuuuuum!" And Harry jumped awake, looked all about, and went back to sleep. I just kept on doing what I was doing, but, geezly crow.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Tebssis View Post
    Bless her heart, she was looking out for you!
    I think she wasn't happy with the speed by which I was fixing the AC!

Biggest coincidence, or the most surreal event I will likely ever experience, besides that of going through a food and water distribution point in Ocean Springs, Ms, two weeks after Hurricane Katrina, that was manned by uniformed members of the Mexican Navy.

I didn't even know that Mexico had a Navy; but they were here; helping out.

Seagorath Guest
    Great story, Jim. Bet you'd do anything to "hear the recording" of that old lady's phone call...

Tebssis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I think she wasn't happy with the speed by which I was fixing the AC!

Biggest coincidence, or the most surreal event I will likely ever experience, besides that of going through a food and water distribution point in Ocean Springs, Ms, two weeks after Hurricane Katrina, that was manned by uniformed members of the Mexican Navy.

I didn't even know that Mexico had a Navy; but they were here; helping out.
    Guess she never spoke up before because everything was alright!

I didn't know that either about the Mexican Navy! It's kinda cool.

RebelRocker Guest
    not trying to bring the whole laci peterson thread onto this one but i wonder if scott did kill his wife in that house, i wonder if laci haunts it? just a thought no need to post if he did or did not kill his wife in that house.

doyleloyal Guest
    you have to wonder about stuff like that...i'd like to think not i would imagine she'd have gone to be with her baby at least that's how i'd like to think. I do believe tho that often enough if someone hears "murdered there.." it's an automatic assumption that it will end up haunted and sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't...

Katrinawitch Guest
    My friend Linda and my daughter Casey are very in tune with this kind of thing. I wish I could be, but I only have a slight 'shine' about me.

Casey has 'seen' strange things in our house; most notably she saw a man walk past the doorway of a room she was in, when the house was otherwise empty. We were having our kitchen redone at the time, and she thought it was maybe a worker who had stayed behind, but she searched the whole house, and nothing. The front and back doors were locked, too. And her room is always about 10 degrees colder than the rest of the house.

Two or three years ago, the three of us, plus Linda's daughter Danielle, did the Ouija board at her house, a creepy, older house, with an even creepier basement (the door of which was in the kitchen). She had always felt something in the house, but never thought much about it. We decided to do the Ouija to see what would happen. Talk about amazing! The board was electric, practically on fire. My hands were freezing cold, Linda's were burning hot. The planchette was going crazy, moving very fast, and went off the board and even off the table, many times. It would always go off the corner of the table that was closest to the basement door. This went on for over an hour. We made a couple of 'spirit' contacts that night, one of which was just unbelievable. This entity (my cousin, actually) answered a question about me that nobody else would know.

I think the four of us just created this amazing energy, that just riled up the spirits, for lack of a better word. Plus, we were laughing and having fun the whole time, which just made things go haywire even more. My husband is a total non-believer, but if he was there, even he would have been amazed!

Linda moved last fall to a new house, and strange things have been happening there. A large footprint has appeared in the carpeting of the doorway to her daughter's room, right after she vaccumed. This has happened three times. Lights go on and off in her house frequently, and twice her iPod, on the speaker dock, has started playing by itself, when everything was turned off. So I guess whatever it was at her old house, has followed her to her new place.

Any idea how I can enhance a very quiet voice I think I captured on my digital voice recorder so I can hear it better? I am rather technologically impaired lol
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

My husband and I found out after we bought our old house that a woman was strangled to death in an upstairs bedroom. It happened just a few years before we bought the house. My husband was pretty freaked out by it. I have not felt any ghostly presence and nothing strange has occured. I almost expected something because she had a violent death. I have probably read too many haunting stories!

NOVSTORM Guest
    I did the Safeway store in Sunnyvale, We were selling girl scout cookies . It was late after I got everything home and decided to do the shopping there and took the middle Grand Kid with me, she is a medium, she doesnt do anything about it and trys to stay away from crime scenes as that how we found out about her. We went on the tour here in SF and we came to this one place and she got dizzy an thought she was going to faint and throw up and heard runing footsteps. The guy who did the tour said that she was just one of the few that had this reaction at this site of the murder of a young boy, and she picks up on this stuff, so anyway back to Safeway, While shoppping in a certain aisle and I am not telling ya'll which one incase you to get to the store, but she could feel a kid or someones presence. It wasnt cold but it was a weird feeling she got, I did not tell her what we were looking for I just said it was supposed to be haunted. She said she heard something bouncing like a ball. There were no cans moving or anything but I think if I go there at 2am the spirit hour I may encounter something else. Going to do it this weekend,

doyleloyal Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMonkey719 View Post
    Any idea how I can enhance a very quiet voice I think I captured on my digital voice recorder so I can hear it better? I am rather technologically impaired lol

windows has sum editing software that you can download for free and theres some other various ones on the net. my husband has one on our computer that is awesome!!! I'll ask him what it's called when I get home i know he downloaded it for free....I'll find out tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by doyleloyal View Post
    windows has sum editing software that you can download for free and theres some other various ones on the net. my husband has one on our computer that is awesome!!! I'll ask him what it's called when I get home i know he downloaded it for free....I'll find out tonight...
    Awesome I really want to know what that voice is!

I have been friends with one of my closest friends since middle school. When we were sophomores in high school her Mom got remarried. My friend, her step dad, Tom, and I were pretty close. He was a heavey smoker, and a bit of an alcoholic. We used to have some killer parties at her house, and her step dad was often the instigator of the mischief! Anyway, Tom passed away 6 years ago. My friend and I went to lunch today, and we started talking about him. We decided to grab a couple beers and go out to the mausoleum. I brought my little pen light and manipulated it like I had seen on Ghost Hunters. I set the penlight between us and the two of us were sitting in front of his tomb, drinking our beers, and talking shit with him like old times. We decided to take a picture of us with our beers (and the cigarettes we brought him lol), leaned in, said "say cheese" and took the picture, and the light turned on. Good to see you to Thomas... We miss you buddy!

ETA: after some extensive research I was able to find a free software download, and after hours to screaming and swearing I was able to figure out how to get it to work. I made the file 4 times louder than the original and came up with this thoughts? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbF-Q2EI33E
    Last edited by SassyMonkey719; 04-22-2011 at 11:51 AM.
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

Just when I think our ghost had abandoned us he starts acting up.

So a few minutes ago, I was sitting here typing in my journal when something raced across the floor behind me, jumped up on our leather couch, then took off again. I felt the vibs. Thought it was Harry. Nope. Harry is dead to the world on our bed. Plus, he's fast, but not so fast that I can't see him tearing around. So Mr. Ghost has evidently taken to imitating Mr. Dog.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

As some of you know my parents are in a nursing home in Fla. My mother is in the advanced stages of Alzheimers and my father has Alzheimers but not as bad.
    When my father went into the nursing home part of the facility he had a roommate named Charlie.
    My fathers been having conversations with Charlie and he's been found sleeping on the floor.

rucyco2 Guest
    Before I share this, I need to say that I am not a religious person and I even now do not believe much in the paranormal or psychics, etc. However I have had some things happen to be that I cannot possibly begin to explain.

The first was when my grandfather died. The apartment complex that we were living at when he passed was located on both sides of a major road. The day that he passed some construction workers working on the other side of the road accidently cut our telephone lines and the phones were out for a day. He died that same day and that night I dreamed the whole thing...that he died and that my mom was trying to get a hold of me (this was before cell phones). The next day I went to work and I had a message to call my mom who told me that he passed. I still cannot explain that one and would not believe it if it had not happened to me.

The other paranormal thing was actually a series of things. My wife and I moved into a different apartment that had a ghost. I don't believe in these things but I saw them with my own eyes.

The ghost used to turn lights on and off. We would be sitting on the couch and the hall light used to go on and off while we watched tv. We had it checked out and the light switch was fine as was the wiring and breaker. It started happening so often that we started to ignore it or asked the ghost to turn the light back off, which it sometimes did.

On another occasion, I was working midnights so I slept during the day. On this particular day my wife went to the grocery store and I went to bed around noon. As soon as I layed down, I heard the door knob rattling like someone was trying to open it. Like I said, I was trying to go to bed so the door knob was pissing me off. "What the hell are you doing, come in or don't" I shouted out and the door knob turned and the door flew open, like someone kicked it open. I looked around, thinking my wife was back but she was gone and I was alone in the apartment. The windows were closed and neither the hear nor the air conditioning were on. The door never did that before or after.

Finally, again when I was on midnights and at the same apartment, we were sitting around the dining room table. It was around 9 am. She was at one end of the table and I at the other. In the middle of the table was a role of paper towels standing on end.

We were sitting there talking quietly about what we had to do that morning. As we chatted the paper towel started to smoke and a little flame broke out. We put it out and just looked at each other like "WHAT WAS THAT".

We told the ghost that that sort of activity was NOT COOL and if it wanted to stay then it had to stop that. It did.
    Last edited by rucyco2; 05-21-2011 at 09:03 PM.

doyleloyal Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rucyco2 View Post
    Before I share this, I need to say that I am not a religious person and I even now do not believe much in the paranormal or psychics, etc. However I have had some things happen to be that I cannot possibly begin to explain.

The first was when my grandfather died. The apartment complex that we were living at when he passed was located on both sides of a major road. The day that he passed some construction workers working on the other side of the road accidently cut our telephone lines and the phones were out for a day. He died that same day and that night I dreamed the whole thing...that he died and that my mom was trying to get a hold of me (this was before cell phones). The next day I went to work and I had a message to call my mom who told me that he passed. I still cannot explain that one and would not believe it if it had not happened to me.

The other paranormal thing was actually a series of things. My wife and I moved into a different apartment that had a ghost. I don't believe in these things but I saw them with my own eyes.

The ghost used to turn lights on and off. We would be sitting on the couch and the hall light used to go on and off while we watched tv. We had it checked out and the light switch was fine as was the wiring and breaker. It started happening so often that we started to ignore it or asked the ghost to turn the light back off, which it sometimes did.

On another occasion, I was working midnights so I slept during the day. On this particular day my wife went to the grocery store and I went to bed around noon. As soon as I layed down, I heard the door knob rattling like someone was trying to open it. Like I said, I was trying to go to bed so the door knob was pissing me off. "What the hell are you doing, come in or don't" I shouted out and the door knob turned and the door flew open, like someone kicked it open. I looked around, thinking my wife was back but she was gone and I was alone in the apartment. The windows were closed and neither the hear nor the air conditioning were on. The door never did that before or after.

Finally, again when I was on midnights and at the same apartment, we were sitting around the dining room table. It was around 9 am. She was at one end of the table and I at the other. In the middle of the table was a role of paper towels standing on end.

We were sitting there talking quietly about what we had to do that morning. As we chatted the paper towel started to smoke and a little flame broke out. We put it out and just looked at each other like "WHAT WAS THAT".

We told the ghost that that sort of activity was NOT COOL and if it wanted to stay then it had to stop that. It did.
    sounds like a poltergeist. Even tho it's not something you believe in it probably wouldn't hurt to take some precaution especially if it's setting fires and using that much force. I'd be wary of such a strong energy...

doyleloyal Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMonkey719 View Post
    Awesome I really want to know what that voice is!

I have been friends with one of my closest friends since middle school. When we were sophomores in high school her Mom got remarried. My friend, her step dad, Tom, and I were pretty close. He was a heavey smoker, and a bit of an alcoholic. We used to have some killer parties at her house, and her step dad was often the instigator of the mischief! Anyway, Tom passed away 6 years ago. My friend and I went to lunch today, and we started talking about him. We decided to grab a couple beers and go out to the mausoleum. I brought my little pen light and manipulated it like I had seen on Ghost Hunters. I set the penlight between us and the two of us were sitting in front of his tomb, drinking our beers, and talking shit with him like old times. We decided to take a picture of us with our beers (and the cigarettes we brought him lol), leaned in, said "say cheese" and took the picture, and the light turned on. Good to see you to Thomas... We miss you buddy!

ETA: after some extensive research I was able to find a free software download, and after hours to screaming and swearing I was able to figure out how to get it to work. I made the file 4 times louder than the original and came up with this thoughts? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbF-Q2EI33E

i heard something for like a split second but it's hard to tell. it kinda like when your heat or air is on and it sounds like people talking while it's running..OH i talked to the hubs and he said that the program he had didn't work like i thought it did, my bad, but that he planned on installing another one here soon so when he does i'll let you know what it is. very cool story by the way!!

walts_loving_wife Guest

Angry Loretta Lynn Ghost Hunters Episode

I was just curious if anyone else saw the Ghost Hunters special about Loretta Lynn's Hurricane Mill Ranch last night?
    I love Ghost stories, and I am not ashamed to say, I'm a believer.
    I had heard Loretta tell her story before about the ghosts on her properties. The stories are fascinating.
    But, last night, that show was the cheesiest thing I have ever seen. The hunters didn't have a clue what they were doing.
    Just venting. I believe that there is a lot of scientific proof to find the paranormal, and these guys were just making fun of it.

Do you mean "Ghost Adventurers"? Yep, I saw it. I never miss an episode. It wasn't one of their best episodes. I'm a believer too, so a lot of the tools that they used is pretty common with investigations. In the past, they have captured some incredible things. This show wasn't one of them. I think being in Loretta's house got them a little over the top. With that said, I would love to do an investigation there with Loretta helping out!
    Cindy

STsFirstmate Guest
    Yeah I think they squandered a real opportunity. I have read a lot about her haunted farm, most definately not a ranch as they insisted on calling it.
    I would have loved to see a good legitimate investigation performed.
    I know back in the hollers where I was born in Kentucky there are plenty of haunts and things unexplained.
    Regards,
    Mary

My Family Ghost story

My great great grandparent and great grandparents owned this place. My Mom says she can remember hearing about the bar stool when she was a child. There was also talk of feeling something while down in the basement.
    I had not heard about the pneumonia, next time I am home I will have to go to the county courthouse and check on his death certificate.

http://centralwisconsinghostsblog.blogspot.com/search?q=berg

rucyco2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by doyleloyal View Post
    sounds like a poltergeist. Even tho it's not something you believe in it probably wouldn't hurt to take some precaution especially if it's setting fires and using that much force. I'd be wary of such a strong energy...
    Thank you for the advice.

We ended up moving into a larger apartment directly across the court yard from our other apartment a few months later. We were there several years (with no strange incidents) and then moved on.

Supposedly a guy had committed suicide in one of the other apartments many years previous to us living there but you know how those urban legands go.

GuiltyLittleDeathHag Guest
    My sister is totally into this too, she believes it all. Once I went on a date with a guy who was telling me (on a first date mind you lol) that he believes in ghosts and has a "ghost detector" on his phone. When I told my sister I thought he was a little odd, she was like "But they do have those ghost detector things! I see them on the ghost shows!" LOL. I almost died laughing.

I believe we go on after death in some form, but the whole haunting thing has me skeptical...Who the hell would wanna come back here?!

blykins Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. K View Post
    Apparently, they got the living, breathing hell scared out of them at Waverly Hills.

Look, I grew up in Kentucky. My dad grew up in Louisville. I've been past Waverly Hills, and I got cold chills before I ever knew what it was. That place is one that The Grownups wouldn't talk to us children about when we were young.

Once I got older, and had it explained to me that it was Waverly Hills, the former TB sanitarium, old folks' home, and I do believe asylum (have to Google it again)? I never, ever had the stupid teenager urge to go and poke around.

You couldn't get me to Waverly Hills for love or money. So, I think SOMETHING happened to them at Waverly Hills, but they don't really talk about it, and I don't think they caught it on camera. But they all seemed really spooked by it.

Did you see the episode in the armoury, where the sound guy got pulled off his feet backwards? THAT was some scary stuff!
    Been to Waverly 4 times.....seen nothing, heard nothing, felt nothing. Even walked down the hallway on the 4th floor, pitch black, by myself with my arms out. Nothing. :-(

orionova Guest
    When I was a kid, around about 8 or 9, we went to visit my grandparents and family in Joplin, MO. We stayed with my aunt and cousins in this big house with a basement. No one would go alone into the basement. It just had a really bad vibe. On the last day there, my glasses came up missing. I took them off when I went to bed (on the second floor), and they were gone in the morning. We ended up going home without my glasses, and without them I am blind. So a week or so passes, and my aunt calls to tell us the glasses were found. They were in the basement, in a dark corner which was covered in cobwebs. I'm also terrified of spiders, and would never have gone there myself. No one knows how they got there, but there was definitely something in that house, and I still think it moved my glasses.

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by blykins View Post
    Been to Waverly 4 times.....seen nothing, heard nothing, felt nothing. Even walked down the hallway on the 4th floor, pitch black, by myself with my arms out. Nothing. :-(
    Wow you are my new hero! Very gutsy!
    I would be scared to death.
    Regards,
    Mary

blykins Guest
    Mary, it was an adrenaline rush for sure. I don't believe in the stuff, but was looking for a reason to.

Oogie Boogie Guest

Any ghostly, creepy or plain strange experiences?

My apologies if there's already a thread about this; I did a couple of searches but nothing came up.

Do any of you have paranormal experiences you'd like to share? How about ones that you have heard about even if they didn't happen to you?

Here is one of my favorites; "Annabelle: the Curse of the Devil Doll" from the website of psychic Lorraine Warren:

http://www.warrens.net/Annabelle.html (check out the pictures of the actual doll at the bottom)

Another favorite involves a psychopathic New Orleans socialite by the name of Delphine LaLaurie and the house that many consider to be the most haunted in New Orleans (which, I'm guessing is really saying something!)

http://lalaurie.denisesdreams.com/

deanfan Guest
    I have had a few things happen which I didn't like at all. Always at night when I was going to bed. I have felt someone put their arms around me more than once. One time when I was trying to go to sleep, I felt something like steps or something pushing down on the bed. Thought it was my cat, but remembered my door was closed & she wasn't in there. Plus the "steps" felt too heavy. I was working 2nd shift & sometimes would get home after 2 am. I was so scared I hated going home. A friend came over to try to bless the house. The first thing that happened was about 3-4 years ago around 4 am one morning and I woke up not feeling well. As I was laying there I felt hands slapping the side of the bed, from the foot all the way up to my head. It ended with a kiss on my cheek. I was shocked, but not really scared. My mother always kissed me on the cheek when I would be leaving her house and I thought maybe it was her, she died in 2003. But after the other incidents, I'm doubtful. Thank God I haven't seen anything. I now let my cat sleep with me. LOL

http://www.findadeath.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295&highlight=paranormal&page=52 Here's 52 pages on this site, with entries still being made to this day, just for your information.

This house was the scene of an horrifc murder back in 2000 where a father killed his wife & children in their beds before hanging himself.

Full story here
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...nd.kevintoolis

I was being a bit nosy on Google Street View and decided to have a peep at the house. I zoomed right in to the front downstairs main window (with the curtains drawn) and was surprised to see a face in the reflection

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=rutl...27.41,,3,-0.19

Now its probably the reflection of the google camera on the car but my eyes see a man in a bowler hat!

Its given me the creeps...

Exclamation Pictures

Hey all this talk about hauntings and spirits and poltergeists... anyone have photos of orbs? Ghosts? Or perhaps what sites are there that show some kind of photos with eerie pics??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GravesEnd Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pyt View Post
    Hey all this talk about hauntings and spirits and poltergeists... anyone have photos of orbs? Ghosts? Or perhaps what sites are there that show some kind of photos with eerie pics??
    I find EVPs to be more eerie where you hear ghostly voices on audio. I'm referring to the Class A type of EVP which is very clear and unmistakable.

I always liked the Greencastle ghost pictures from Indiana. These were taken with film camera before digital was widely used. I'm not saying it couldn't be faked. That is always a possibility which one needs to consider.

http://www.slightlywarped.com/crapfa...reencastle.htm

Quote Originally Posted by GravesEnd View Post
    I find EVPs to be more eerie where you hear ghostly voices on audio. I'm referring to the Class A type of EVP which is very clear and unmistakable.

I always liked the Greencastle ghost pictures from Indiana. These were taken with film camera before digital was widely used. I'm not saying it couldn't be faked. That is always a possibility which one needs to consider.

http://www.slightlywarped.com/crapfa...reencastle.htm

Off to read more about this. If I become a ghost I hope I have a pink light and smell like Stargazer Lilies...now to find somewhere badass to haunt.

Happy Birthday Toot You...

This just happened at my house this past Wednesday, which happens to be my mom's b-day.

My mom, my cousin (from her side of the family) and I were talking about my uncle, (dad's brother) who died in 2003. He was probably closer to my mom than anyone else in the family. We were telling my cousin all these crazy but funny stories about my uncle, then she and I started talking about the many ways he made himself known to she and I after his death. Most recently, I had put an 8x10 photo of he and I on a bookshelf, and somehow, it kept falling out. Finally, I thought, "oh, he wants to move to another shelf", so I moved the photo and no more problems.

This would probably be a good place to mention that my entire family, both sides, thinks farts are hilarious.

So, we are sitting in my living/dining room, and the convo winds down a bit, and my mother says, "Well, what the hell do we know, it may not have even been him that did all those things." Not two seconds later, the unmistakable ripping sound of a fart comes from about 6 feet behind my mother. She was sitting in a big upholstered chair, with a console table behind it. She busts out laughing, and starts to turn around to say, "Good one!", and realizes my cousin and I are sitting in front of her, not behind her. I was looking right at the spot, and of course nothing was there.
    We were all so creeped out for about 30 seconds, then my mom said, "All right, goddamn it, so it was you after all! Now go change your underwear!"

I can be the biggest scaredy cat, but my uncle's antics have never scared me, only given me faith that there is something after this life, and that in that place, farts will still be funny....