Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 34414243
Results 2,101 to 2,147 of 2147

Thread: President Donald Trump

  1. #2101
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,963
    Susan Collins is now saying she DOES believe Dr. Ford was assaulted, but she believes it was by somebody other than Justice Red Solo Cup.

    I guess we'll see if Maine's voters will let her have that cake and eat it too in 2020.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  2. #2102
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Susan Collins is now saying she DOES believe Dr. Ford was assaulted, but she believes it was by somebody other than Justice Red Solo Cup.

    I guess we'll see if Maine's voters will let her have that cake and eat it too in 2020.
    That squinty eyed bit@h turns my stomach.

  3. #2103
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    To truly appreciate how partisan this was, ask yourself two questions:

    1. How could Dr. Ford have possibly been any more credible?

    2. How could Kav's testimony have possibly gone any worse (short of him saying "Yeah, I tried to rape her! So what?!")?
    It was a forgone conclusion from the start they were gonna appoint him. As you say, he was caught out lying multiple times.

    He claimed he never attended a gathering/party where people were drinking beer yet in his own calendars which he deemed so important, there were several instances where it says he did exactly that.

    Then there was his excuse he never hung with or was a party with two of the names Ford gave - Judge and PJ even though the calendar stated quite clearly that on July 1st he went “to Timmy’s for skis w/Judge, Tom, PJ, Bernie, Squi."

    There are more examples like others coming forward to say he was a hard drinker even if he denies it. When he did admit to drinking, he said it was legal as he was a senior when in fact the drinking age in Maryland was 18 which he wasn't at the time. He claimed to get into Yale by 'Busting his tail' and had no connections yet it's there for everyone to see that his granddad attended which made him a legacy and that was just the tip of the iceberg.

    You only had to look at everyone's faces to see they knew who was being honest and who was lying through their teeth but that doesn't matter to them. He could have committed murder in that room and they would still try and find an excuse to pardon him because they needed him sworn in ASAP. As much as they deny it, they know there is a huge chance that the Democrats are gonna succeed in November and they need all the troops and yes men they can get their hands on.

  4. #2104
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,873
    Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    That squinty eyed bit@h turns my stomach.
    I think you misspelled "Bitch"; but most people might figure it out anyway.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  5. #2105
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,355
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I think you misspelled "Bitch"; but most people might figure it out anyway.
    Lol. Okay then, She is a stomach turning squinty eyed Bitch.

  6. #2106
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    To truly appreciate how partisan this was, ask yourself two questions:

    1. How could Dr. Ford have possibly been any more credible?

    2. How could Kav's testimony have possibly gone any worse (short of him saying "Yeah, I tried to rape her! So what?!")?
    Seems that credibility is a highly suspect attribute among Republicans (and many voters) these days, while lack of it can get you elected or appointed to high office.
    Credibility and "facts" are often found together - that can be problematic since some people still stupidly think about what they are told rather than just accepting it.
    I'd wager that somewhere around 49% of the population is still afflicted with reason.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  7. #2107
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    To truly appreciate how partisan this was, ask yourself two questions:

    1. How could Dr. Ford have possibly been any more credible?

    2. How could Kav's testimony have possibly gone any worse (short of him saying "Yeah, I tried to rape her! So what?!")?

    How about having corroborating evidence and not waiting 3 decades to say something, that would have made her more credible. The democrats feel at the moment they are now riding the blue wave of righteous indignance into the November elections but I think that will backfire. If you look at the timeline of all that has happened to undermine the appointment of Kavanaugh it wreaks of the democrats pulling every underhand trick in the book to derail the process and selling it in such a way that the blue masses just get in line. They are playing you guys like fools.

    Reminds me of how they yell free speech and then create security concerns to the extent that conservative speakers have to cancel their college presentations. All you see is free speech, I see an end around protected by the constitution.

    I've given up all hope in right and wrong. Too many people I admire and respect believing the opposite of what I do to keep searching for absolutes. I'm sorry you guys feel this has been a miscarriage of justice. This process shouldn't make anyone feel that way but the reality is in today's political environment, one side or the other always does.
    Last edited by Paulination; 10-08-2018 at 09:47 AM.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

  8. #2108
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,129
    The reason why Collins is saying what she said was because Trump said it first about thinking that Ford accused the wrong man.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

  9. #2109
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    How about having corroborating evidence and not waiting 3 decades to say something, that would have made her more credible. The democrats feel at the moment they are now riding the blue wave of righteous indignance into the November elections but I think that will backfire. If you look at the timeline of all that has happened to undermine the appointment of Kavanaugh it wreaks of the democrats pulling every underhand trick in the book to derail the process and selling it in such a way that the blue masses just get in line. They are playing you guys like fools.

    Reminds me of how they yell free speech and then create security concerns to the extent that conservative speakers have to cancel their college presentations. All you see is free speech, I see an end around protected by the constitution.

    I've given up all hope in right and wrong. Too many people I admire and respect believing the opposite of what I do to keep searching for absolutes. I'm sorry you guys feel this has been a miscarriage of justice. This process shouldn't make anyone feel that way but the reality is in today's political environment, one side or the other always does.
    From what I understand she DID report it when it happened. The report went nowhere. Trauma does things to your brain. Not to mention the shame that it happened in the first place. If your body responds to it, like mine did, that shame is intensified. It's a horrible feeling, it really is.

    For the record, and I'm in no way saying you're this way Pauli, but people who are accusing her of lying are the reasons survivors don't report. When mine came out, my mother refused to believe that the family member I'd named was the one responsible. Just like Trump is doing. He doesn't think Kavanaugh is guilty, it must be someone else. As he does with everything he doesn't like or that doesn't suit him.
    "I'm glad I don't have to hunt for my food. I don't even know where sandwiches live." ~~~seen on Facebook


  10. #2110
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,873
    Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Just like Trump is doing. He doesn't think Kavanaugh is guilty, it must be someone else. As he does with everything he doesn't like or that doesn't suit him.
    Not necessarily true that he doesn't think the guy is guilty, Ria.
    He simply doesn't care and doesn't think there's anything wrong with it.

    No telling how many times he's done similar things and gotten away with it.

    People who continue to support this guy are complicit in his lies and bad behavior.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  11. #2111
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,963
    I'm seeing all these dudes on social media echo Bonespur's comments that it's "scary" to be a guy now, because you could be falsely accused of sexual assault. This to me is a huge red flag.

    I'm a guy, and I've never spent one second of my life worried about being falsely accused. Probably because I've never actually committed this particular crime, and there's no reason for me to be accused.

    Any males out there expressing this sentiment are either 1) super-paranoid, to the point of being mentally ill; or 2) afraid that their own dark past is going to catch up with them.

    And if I'M able to connect those dots, so are any of the women in their lives...
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  12. #2112
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,503
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    I'm seeing all these dudes on social media echo Bonespur's comments that it's "scary" to be a guy now, because you could be falsely accused of sexual assault. This to me is a huge red flag.

    I'm a guy, and I've never spent one second of my life worried about being falsely accused. Probably because I've never actually committed this particular crime, and there's no reason for me to be accused.

    Any males out there expressing this sentiment are either 1) super-paranoid, to the point of being mentally ill; or 2) afraid that their own dark past is going to catch up with them.

    And if I'M able to connect those dots, so are any of the women in their lives...

  13. #2113
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    I'm seeing all these dudes on social media echo Bonespur's comments that it's "scary" to be a guy now, because you could be falsely accused of sexual assault. This to me is a huge red flag.

    I'm a guy, and I've never spent one second of my life worried about being falsely accused. Probably because I've never actually committed this particular crime, and there's no reason for me to be accused.

    Any males out there expressing this sentiment are either 1) super-paranoid, to the point of being mentally ill; or 2) afraid that their own dark past is going to catch up with them.

    And if I'M able to connect those dots, so are any of the women in their lives...
    In this day and age, this is a naive point of view. I wouldn't walk around paranoid but you have to think twice about what you do and say around women because of the ultra sensitive era we find ourselves. The #metoo movement has only exacerbated that. Of course not all women are like that so if you are not then I sound like I am full of shit but in my industry I deal with HR people all of the time and it is a big concern.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

  14. #2114
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,129
    iam #metoo because he happened to me, I was raped, I was molested, and sexually assaulted, molested from the time I was six until I was eight, by a next door neighbor, when I did tell my mom, she said well I told you not to go over there, I was sexually assaulted and raped by a football player in high school I didn't tell. Because of what my mom said.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

  15. #2115
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    I'm seeing all these dudes on social media echo Bonespur's comments that it's "scary" to be a guy now, because you could be falsely accused of sexual assault. This to me is a huge red flag.

    I'm a guy, and I've never spent one second of my life worried about being falsely accused. Probably because I've never actually committed this particular crime, and there's no reason for me to be accused.

    Any males out there expressing this sentiment are either 1) super-paranoid, to the point of being mentally ill; or 2) afraid that their own dark past is going to catch up with them.

    And if I'M able to connect those dots, so are any of the women in their lives...
    Exactly this.

    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    iam #metoo because he happened to me, I was raped, I was molested, and sexually assaulted, molested from the time I was six until I was eight, by a next door neighbor, when I did tell my mom, she said well I told you not to go over there, I was sexually assaulted and raped by a football player in high school I didn't tell. Because of what my mom said.
    #metoo. Raped, sodomized, and molested by first my cousin and then my uncle and then later in a satanic cult. I remember next to nothing about the cult stuff, and I was 20, 21, and 22. I'm beyond messed up from all of this.
    "I'm glad I don't have to hunt for my food. I don't even know where sandwiches live." ~~~seen on Facebook


  16. #2116
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    In this day and age, this is a naive point of view. I wouldn't walk around paranoid but you have to think twice about what you do and say around women because of the ultra sensitive era we find ourselves. The #metoo movement has only exacerbated that. Of course not all women are like that so if you are not then I sound like I am full of shit but in my industry I deal with HR people all of the time and it is a big concern.
    I suppose now that if you ever get accused of something like that, your best hope is for it to end up before the Supreme Court.
    Those guys will have your back - they'll be hostile to the accuser and won't believe her no matter how true it is.

    There again, evidence suggests nobody else will either.

    I worry as much about that type of accusation as I worry about getting arrested for possession of meth while driving around with my meth-head friends.
    Oh yeah; I don't have any meth-head friends; just like I don't behave inappropriately toward anyone; male or female.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  17. #2117
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,129
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

  18. #2118
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,963
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I suppose now that if you ever get accused of something like that, your best hope is for it to end up before the Supreme Court.
    Those guys will have your back - they'll be hostile to the accuser and won't believe her no matter how true it is.

    There again, evidence suggests nobody else will either.

    I worry as much about that type of accusation as I worry about getting arrested for possession of meth while driving around with my meth-head friends.
    Oh yeah; I don't have any meth-head friends; just like I don't behave inappropriately toward anyone; male or female.
    No, there's all these women out there who want to destroy your life for no particular reason!

    And why wouldn't they? Look how successful these attacks are. Why, Boozy Brett had to wait a whole week to ascend to the highest court in the land. And what sort of consequences has Dr. Ford suffered? Well, I mean she still can't stay at her house because of the death threats, but other than that...
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  19. #2119
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,963
    The GOP needs a new mascot. The elephant is too obscure.

    I suggest an oblivious T-Rex with a comet bearing down on it in the background.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  20. #2120
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    The GOP needs a new mascot. The elephant is too obscure.

    I suggest an oblivious T-Rex with a comet bearing down on it in the background.
    With toilet paper streaming from it's left hind foot.

  21. #2121
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,963
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    With toilet paper streaming from it's left hind foot.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  22. #2122
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,422
    Hmmm...so its okay to believe all the grown men who accused priests of molesting them when they were kids all those years back without any proof of it ever happening, but when a woman accuses a man of sexual assault from when she was a kid...she's not to be believed because of no evidence presented...ok gotcha.

  23. #2123
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Hmmm...so its okay to believe all the grown men who accused priests of molesting them when they were kids all those years back without any proof of it ever happening, but when a woman accuses a man of sexual assault from when she was a kid...she's not to be believed because of no evidence presented...ok gotcha.
    This.

  24. #2124
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Hmmm...so its okay to believe all the grown men who accused priests of molesting them when they were kids all those years back without any proof of it ever happening, but when a woman accuses a man of sexual assault from when she was a kid...she's not to be believed because of no evidence presented...ok gotcha.
    I guess so, At least according to Melania Trumps opinion.

  25. #2125
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Hmmm...so its okay to believe all the grown men who accused priests of molesting them when they were kids all those years back without any proof of it ever happening, but when a woman accuses a man of sexual assault from when she was a kid...she's not to be believed because of no evidence presented...ok gotcha.
    The allegations in most cases happened before they were adults but covered it up. That was the crux of the case. Once the cover-up was discovered investigators worked backwards to validate the claims. The catholic church paid millions in settlements to the victims further validating their claims. How much did Kavanaugh pay? I see the point you attempted to make but with some research, you'll see it is no where close to the same. Hell, they even made a movie about it called "Spotlight".

    Don't take my word for it, I found the grand jury report from an investigation in Pennsylvania.

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w-Q...P2lEhUS5v/view
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

  26. #2126
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,129
    A lot of those men never told until many years later either, there are different standards for men than there are for women, if a woman says oh I was raped or assaulted the first thing most people think and even some police are, were you drinking, what were you wearing, did you give him some kind of signal, you know what we wouldn't be having this debate if men throughout history learned to respect women, and feel that women are gifts to them and they can touch, in a sexual manner, or say things to them that are not respectful, and say well she wanted it because she was wearing that mini skirt, when women say no they mean no, when a woman says stop it means stop it, why are women made to think she has to be covered up or can't wear something because a man might take it as she is wanting it, or that it was her fault she was raped, but yet men can walk around without a shirt. If a woman has a drink or orders a drink she can't leave it unattended as some man may put something in her drink, a woman can't really walk alone at night for fear she going to get attacked, I never dressed in a sexy manner, I don't drink, I was very careful and yet a coworker raped me in my own home, while we were watching a movie and eating popcorn, I never kissed him, I never held his hand, never flirted with him, we would talk, never about sex or hooking up or dating, but yet during a movie, I think it was one of the Mummy Movies, he felt like he could rape me. I kept saying no, no you need to leave, please leave, I don't want this, after he was done, he got up and left, leaving me there on the floor stunned and hurting, and asking myself, what the hell did I do did I encourage him, did I say something, I wasn't dressed a certain way was I, just jeans, and a tee shirt that covered everything, I wasn't wearing makeup, or perfume, we didn't drink, just dr pepper and coke. I picked myself up off the floor and because I was in shock, and didn't really want to go through all those embarrassing questions, and the looks, and the feeling that they would blame me, and that it was my fault,and what if I loose my job if I go to my boss, or if this goes to court, will I be suspended, I couldn't afford to loose my job, so I went and took a shower and scrubbed and scrubbed, and cried and got out and put on my sweats and another tee shirt and crawled into my bed, my body hurting , and I cried and cried, thinking or knowing that it would be his word against mine, so tell me again that I need proof and tell me again this was my fault? If I chose to come after him say I do tomorrow, I better have proof? my body, my memories are proof enough. I wouldn't accuse a man out of the blue if it did not happen, yes there have been a few women that have falsely accused a man of sexual abuse and rape, but it's very low compared to the women who have really been raped and assaulted. I just saw something on facebook, Trump supporters are blaming victims saying it's their fault, and doing a #himtoo movement, since the moron has taken office, seems this country is getting into a more and more divided, I have never seen such hate and such actions as I have seen since Trump took office. I am voting by absentee ballot Nov 6 and you can bet I will not be voting for Trump, I even write on the ballot he needs to be impeached. #americaisnotgreatagain #metoo #impeachtrump #ididn'tasktoberaped.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 10-12-2018 at 10:28 AM.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

  27. #2127
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,126
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    A lot of those men never told until many years later either, there are different standards for men than there are for women, if a woman says oh I was raped or assaulted the first thing most people think and even some police are, were you drinking, what were you wearing, did you give him some kind of signal, you know what we wouldn't be having this debate if men throughout history learned to respect women, and feel that women are gifts to them and they can touch, in a sexual manner, or say things to them that are not respectful, and say well she wanted it because she was wearing that mini skirt, when women say no they mean no, when a woman says stop it means stop it, why are women made to think she has to be covered up or can't wear something because a man might take it as she is wanting it, or that it was her fault she was raped, but yet men can walk around without a shirt. If a woman has a drink or orders a drink she can't leave it unattended as some man may put something in her drink, a woman can't really walk alone at night for fear she going to get attacked, I never dressed in a sexy manner, I don't drink, I was very careful and yet a coworker raped me in my own home, while we were watching a movie and eating popcorn, I never kissed him, I never held his hand, never flirted with him, we would talk, never about sex or hooking up or dating, but yet during a movie, I think it was one of the Mummy Movies, he felt like he could rape me. I kept saying no, no you need to leave, please leave, I don't want this, after he was done, he got up and left, leaving me there on the floor stunned and hurting, and asking myself, what the hell did I do did I encourage him, did I say something, I wasn't dressed a certain way was I, just jeans, and a tee shirt that covered everything, I wasn't wearing makeup, or perfume, we didn't drink, just dr pepper and coke. I picked myself up off the floor and because I was in shock, and didn't really want to go through all those embarrassing questions, and the looks, and the feeling that they would blame me, and that it was my fault,and what if I loose my job if I go to my boss, or if this goes to court, will I be suspended, I couldn't afford to loose my job, so I went and took a shower and scrubbed and scrubbed, and cried and got out and put on my sweats and another tee shirt and crawled into my bed, my body hurting , and I cried and cried, thinking or knowing that it would be his word against mine, so tell me again that I need proof and tell me again this was my fault? If I chose to come after him say I do tomorrow, I better have proof? my body, my memories are proof enough. I wouldn't accuse a man out of the blue if it did not happen, yes there have been a few women that have falsely accused a man of sexual abuse and rape, but it's very low compared to the women who have really been raped and assaulted. I just saw something on facebook, Trump supporters are blaming victims saying it's their fault, and doing a #himtoo movement, since the moron has taken office, seems this country is getting into a more and more divided, I have never seen such hate and such actions as I have seen since Trump took office. I am voting by absentee ballot Nov 6 and you can bet I will not be voting for Trump, I even write on the ballot he needs to be impeached. #americaisnotgreatagain #metoo #impeachtrump #ididn'tasktoberaped.
    The problem with this debate is we see it through different experiences and that frames our thinking. You suffered a legit assault so you tend to believe every accusation a women makes is legit to the extent that a man is guilty until proven innocent. I have never assaulted anyone or been accused of it but there were times in my life that told be to be cautious depending on the women. I hold the burden as innocent until proven guilty or at least corroborated. There are as many examples of women making false accusations for whatever the motivation as there are men receiving them. My thinking does not undermine your experience as your thinking doesn't negate mine.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

  28. #2128
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,716
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    The reason why Collins is saying what she said was because Trump said it first about thinking that Ford accused the wrong man.
    So true.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  29. #2129
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    The problem with this debate is we see it through different experiences and that frames our thinking. You suffered a legit assault so you tend to believe every accusation a women makes is legit to the extent that a man is guilty until proven innocent. I have never assaulted anyone or been accused of it but there were times in my life that told be to be cautious depending on the women. I hold the burden as innocent until proven guilty or at least corroborated. There are as many examples of women making false accusations for whatever the motivation as there are men receiving them. My thinking does not undermine your experience as your thinking doesn't negate mine.
    According to a study by Stanford University, only 2% of all reported allegations end up being false. The number of assaults that aren't reported is staggering. We will never know because women are afraid to report. Either she was threatened, or fears she won't be believed, not to mention the rape kit can be as traumatizing as the rape itself.

    https://web.stanford.edu/group/maan/.../?page_id=297P
    "I'm glad I don't have to hunt for my food. I don't even know where sandwiches live." ~~~seen on Facebook


  30. #2130
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,129
    Yes Pauli I respect what you are stating and I don't undermine what you say, I know there are women out there that make false accusations, I mean I posted an example of one. The guy in the story Brian Banks, was sixteen at the time
    Life isn't fair, Banks says over and over in the life-coach talks he gives now, a devastating message that took flight for Banks on July 8, 2002. He was taking summer classes at his high school and left the classroom for what was supposed to be a quick call to a documentary crew preparing a feature on the rivalry with De La Salle High School in Northern California.


    "I stepped outside to make the phone call and I ran into a classmate of mine," Banks says.


    Her name was Wanetta Gibson. She was a friend. She was 15.


    "We met, hugged, started talking and agreed to go to an area on our campus that was known as a make-out area," Banks says. "We went to this area and made out. We never had sex."


    By the end of the day, Banks was in custody, accused of raping Gibson on the school's campus. But we never had sex, Banks pleaded. Nobody believed him. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.2090727 is is now out and may have a chance with the NFL, the woman finally fessed up she lied.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

  31. #2131
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    2,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Hmmm...so its okay to believe all the grown men who accused priests of molesting them when they were kids all those years back without any proof of it ever happening, but when a woman accuses a man of sexual assault from when she was a kid...she's not to be believed because of no evidence presented...ok gotcha.
    great point!!

  32. #2132
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,716
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    With toilet paper streaming from it's left hind foot.
    The whole world is laughing at this moron.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  33. #2133
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,873
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    The whole world is laughing at this moron.
    Kanye isn't.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  34. #2134
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,963
    Did somebody say "Kanye"?

    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  35. #2135
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Did somebody say "Kanye"?


  36. #2136
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Hmmm...so its okay to believe all the grown men who accused priests of molesting them when they were kids all those years back without any proof of it ever happening, but when a woman accuses a man of sexual assault from when she was a kid...she's not to be believed because of no evidence presented...ok gotcha.
    But it does ultimately have to come down to the evidence; in the absence of a confession.
    It has to work that way, otherwise; no one is safe from anyone else.

    If you want the house next door and your neighbor won't sell; just accuse them of something and get them out of the way.

    "She's a witch, STONE HER!"

    Allegations need to be taken seriously and investigated seriously, and the investigations and possible consequences have to go wherever the evidence leads.

    When I was on Grand Jury last year, we heard several rape and sexual assault cases.

    In about half of them, we voted "true bill" - there was enough evidence to reasonably conclude that the allegations were probably true and that a crime had likely been perpetrated by the alleged attacker. Obviously, in the other half; there was not sufficient evidence to reach that conclusion so we voted "no bill" and refused to indict.

    The allegations were treated seriously and investigated seriously; and we jurors took our responsibility seriously.

    The common theme though was that all of these alleged assaults had been reported and investigated.
    Without a report, there would have been no investigation and no presentation to the Grand Jury; and no finding based upon the weight of the evidence.

    Several people were bound over to criminal court because of our determination, they never would have been had it not been reported to the police.

    We need to create an environment wherein people are not hesitant to report these assaults.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  37. #2137
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,503
    I agree, Jim. However, some are saying it didn't happen because the attack wasn't reported and there is no evidence, and that's not right thinking.

  38. #2138
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,422
    So basically - if a man reports he was sexually assaulted, he is courageous. If a woman reports she is - she is lying and has to prove it.

  39. #2139
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    So basically - if a man reports he was sexually assaulted, he is courageous. If a woman reports she is - she is lying and has to prove it.
    Who on here has suggested this double standard?
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  40. #2140
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,873
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I agree, Jim. However, some are saying it didn't happen because the attack wasn't reported and there is no evidence, and that's not right thinking.
    Agreed.
    Furthermore, in the case of Kavanaugh; it wasn't about proving to a jury that he had committed a crime; it was a commentary on his character as a qualification to be appointed for life to one of the most consequential positions that anyone can hold in America.

    Had the aim been to prove him guilty of a crime - it failed.
    If the aim were to demonstrate his unsuitability for a position on the highest court in the land, it succeeded; in the court of me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    So basically - if a man reports he was sexually assaulted, he is courageous. If a woman reports she is - she is lying and has to prove it.
    Nope.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  41. #2141
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,129
    Jim there is a double standard when men were coming out saying they were raped by their priest or assaulted, no one demanded proof, there have also been cases where men come out and say they were raped by a woman and or sexually assaulted people look at them as if yeah right, but they don't demand proof. There would be more proof for women if the rape kits were being processed in a timely manner.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

  42. #2142
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,126
    Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    According to a study by Stanford University, only 2% of all reported allegations end up being false. The number of assaults that aren't reported is staggering. We will never know because women are afraid to report. Either she was threatened, or fears she won't be believed, not to mention the rape kit can be as traumatizing as the rape itself.

    https://web.stanford.edu/group/maan/.../?page_id=297P

    If Kavanaugh was rejected based on the allegations of Ford it would create a fundamental precedent setting problem that just can't be ignored. It would allow for the rejection of a candidate (regardless of what office) based on word alone setting the precedence for unscrupulous political operatives (whether encouraged by a party or self appointed). Take gender out of it. What if a guy came forward and said that Kavanaugh got him drunk and ass raped him in 1983? Where would it stop once the bar has been established. You would have to treat everyone equally so you would have candidates from either party being disqualified left and right.

    I get it, Ford sounded sincere and believable (with or without the 5 year old voice) but that isn't enough. There are some damn good liars out there but there is a huge difference between something being true, and something you want to be true. No one would want the bar of scrutiny set this low for themselves.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

  43. #2143
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Michiana
    Posts
    1,246
    Quote Originally Posted by aries65 View Post
    so basically - if a man reports he was sexually assaulted, he is courageous. If a woman reports she is - she is lying and has to prove it.
    yes. This this this so much this.

  44. #2144
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,873
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Jim there is a double standard when men were coming out saying they were raped by their priest or assaulted, no one demanded proof, there have also been cases where men come out and say they were raped by a woman and or sexually assaulted people look at them as if yeah right, but they don't demand proof. There would be more proof for women if the rape kits were being processed in a timely manner.
    I never said there wasn't, and it's unacceptable that evidence in a crime is being collected and then not being processed in a timely fashion for use in an investigation.
    Don't some of these priests actually confess (that's ironic) when confronted?

    There's a difference between removing someone from their position due to an allegation and locking someone away due to an allegation.
    Ideally, both would require some measure of proof - locking someone away requires proof beyond any reasonable doubt.

    Authorities aren't likely to present a case to a Grand Jury based upon the gender of the accuser - or the accused - they will present it based upon the evidence at hand.
    When I served, our instructions were to hear the evidence and then decide:
    A) Was a crime committed in our county, and
    B) If so, then based upon that evidence, did we feel at least 51% certain that the accused was likely the person who had committed that crime.

    "He said - she said", or any combination of gender-specific pronouns simply doesn't serve as proof or evidence when the question is whether or not to lock someone away.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  45. #2145
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Did somebody say "Kanye"?

    Thank You, this made me smile.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  46. #2146
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,963
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Thank You, this made me smile.
    You're welcome. SNL has been on fire with their portrayal of Bonespur and his people. And I think this sketch is the best thing I've seen Chris Redd (Kanye) do.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  47. #2147
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,963
    "Video shows George Lopez fighting Trump supporter at Hooters"

    This guy is living his best life.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebri...cid=spartanntp
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •