Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 323940414243 LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,050 of 2144

Thread: President Donald Trump

  1. #2001
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,127
    Jim I agree with you about Kaepernick
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

  2. #2002
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    The BBC's analysis suggests Mike Pence is the author of the op-ed piece in the (failing!) New York Times.

    I tend to take these things with a grain of salt. So I'm a little skeptical. But if you tell me the guy who correctly identified Joe Klein as the author of "Primary Colors" says it's Pence, I say you can take that to the bank.

    https://gritpost.com/bbc-linguistics-mike-pence/

    And hey, what do you know? Right after I posted this, I realized it was post number 2000 on this douchebag. That's more than my total number of posts on the site!
    I don't think it was Pence.
    I mean, why would Jesus be telling Pence to say negative crap about Trump while at the same time Trump is just following orders from God?

    If Pence wrote it, one of those guys is either seriously mistaken, or maybe just lying, or maybe just bat-shit crazy.
    Or maybe both of them are all three.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  3. #2003
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,127
    I love this, and dear facebook friends, Kape isn't disrespecting the military, fyi, it was a Veteran who suggested to him that he should kneel if he wants a peaceful protest, he is protesting the state that America is in.

    while wearing my NIKE gear.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

  4. #2004
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,075
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I love this, and dear facebook friends, Kape isn't disrespecting the military, fyi, it was a Veteran who suggested to him that he should kneel if he wants a peaceful protest, he is protesting the state that America is in.

    while wearing my NIKE gear.
    I've noticed quite a lot of people both veteran and still on the job showing their support for Colin and what he is trying to do.

    This 'backlash' achieves nothing but showing once again how easy it is to pull the wool over their eyes. God forbid they actually find out the facts for themselves and see Colin never once said what so many of them are trying to claim he did. Nope, instead one person mouths off and the rest blindly follow like they always do.

  5. #2005
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,127
    I agree, shellc, he isn't disrespecting the military at all, he is protesting, what is happening in this world, with all the hate and racism, but people quickly jump on the oh he is disrespecting because he knelt down during the Anthem, kneeling is a sign of respect, he was saying I respect you and the flag but am protesting what is going on, I mean hell we kneel to pray, we kneel to propose, football players take a knee when one of their own is hurt on the field, soldiers take a knee when one of their own is hurt or killed, people kneel before royalty. I also kneel, in silent protest about what is happening in this nation.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

  6. #2006
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,126
    Kaepernick kneels to protest racial inequality mainly based on the highly publicized white cop killing black suspects. He said that himself. His beliefs have morphed as he rides the political wave he is ignorant to understand. He doesn't care about black on black crime, black cop on black suspect shootings or black cop on white shootings. He was raised by well off white parents and has been completely isolated from the cause (which really isn't a cause) he kneels to represent. The national anthem is the wrong forum for this and he has paid the price. Half the players who have followed his lead can't even properly articulate why they themselves are kneeling except for solidarity towards Kaep. Instead of investing money and time in the US to actually make a difference he traced his roots back to a small African village and put his efforts there. Fuck you mom and dad, I'm supporting the village my long lost relatives came from.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

  7. #2007
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,949
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    Kaepernick kneels to protest racial inequality mainly based on the highly publicized white cop killing black suspects. He said that himself. His beliefs have morphed as he rides the political wave he is ignorant to understand. He doesn't care about black on black crime, black cop on black suspect shootings or black cop on white shootings. He was raised by well off white parents and has been completely isolated from the cause (which really isn't a cause) he kneels to represent. The national anthem is the wrong forum for this and he has paid the price. Half the players who have followed his lead can't even properly articulate why they themselves are kneeling except for solidarity towards Kaep. Instead of investing money and time in the US to actually make a difference he traced his roots back to a small African village and put his efforts there. Fuck you mom and dad, I'm supporting the village my long lost relatives came from.
    Rather than responding to these tired non-arguments - which could be summed up as "All Lives Matter" with a twist of "Kaep isn't even poor, which apparently somehow makes him a hypocrite, logic be damned" - I'll just say this:

    I hope for your sake that the time machine which brought you here from the Jim Crow era (you know, back when America was great?) is still operational, because I have a feeling you're going to want to use it again in a few years.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  8. #2008
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    The national anthem is the wrong forum for this and he has paid the price.
    What's a better forum for it Pauli?

    4th and long?
    3rd and goal?

    I guess if I was going to protest or make a statement in part to raise awareness about something, I'd probably do it when it might draw the most attention.
    Like he has done.

    I mean, kneeling during the coin toss just wouldn't quite have the same effect.
    Neither would kneeling during a post-game interview in the locker room.

    So yeah, I'd probably do it just like that.

    Interestingly, I read where Nike has experienced quite a little spike in online sales since announcing this campaign.
    Seems that a lot of folks either agree with his acts of free speech, or at least aren't bothered by them.
    Maybe it's just a coincidence, you think?

    It would seem to suggest (to me) though, that they don't much give a damn what your deranged imbecile in the White House has to say about it.
    Or maybe they do give a damn and they're demonstrating that with their wallets and their new Nike stuff.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  9. #2009
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,127
    I support Kape and what he is protesting against, I also kneel once a day at a certain time for a period of time, in protest about the state this Nation is in.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

  10. #2010
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Rather than responding to these tired non-arguments - which could be summed up as "All Lives Matter" with a twist of "Kaep isn't even poor, which apparently somehow makes him a hypocrite, logic be damned" - I'll just say this:

    I hope for your sake that the time machine which brought you here from the Jim Crow era (you know, back when America was great?) is still operational, because I have a feeling you're going to want to use it again in a few years.
    An ad hominem attack implying I'm a racists. Nice. Remember, I'm a republican and the Jim Crow laws were implemented by democrats so that fails a little.


    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    4th and long?
    3rd and goal?

    I guess if I was going to protest or make a statement in part to raise awareness about something, I'd probably do it when it might draw the most attention.
    Like he has done.

    I mean, kneeling during the coin toss just wouldn't quite have the same effect.
    Neither would kneeling during a post-game interview in the locker room.
    If he wants to protest, fine but keep it off the football field. People don't pay hundreds of dollars for a gameday experience to see a millionaire offend them. He should put his money where his heart is and buy some TV time. Instead the only money he invested was in a small African village his ancestors allegedly came from.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

  11. #2011
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,712
    Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    So he's finally admitting there is a chance he could be impeached but he shouldn't be because of all the success he has had?
    Anyway, rather than blame himself he is saying it will be his supporters fault for not voting for him and if he is the US would be turned into a third world country. Of course, they are saying it was nothing but a joke but going on previous things he has said...

    https://globalnews.ca/news/4433345/d...ult-impeached/
    Finger crossed, for him to be impeached. I don't think Trump would care if
    America turned into a 3rd world country as long that Donald Trump and Ivanka
    made money.(father - daughter thing is gross)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  12. #2012
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,127
    It's his money to do with as he pleases, and people can protest where ever they wish, or was the First Amendment wrong? Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances. Now I am taking it that, this is saying freedom of speech, freedom to peaceably assemble, mean he has the right to kneel if he wishes, he didn't do it in the middle of game play, so that didn't hold up the game at all. By the way, he didn't offend me, and I am sure there are others out there that he didn't offend by his actions, just those who are too caught up in themselves and are quick to jump on the bandwagon. I think I'll go kneel now, a game is on they are playing the national anthem.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

  13. #2013
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,712
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I support Kape and what he is protesting against, I also kneel once a day at a certain time for a period of time, in protest about the state this Nation is in.
    This is very nicely said.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  14. #2014
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    If he wants to protest, fine but keep it off the football field. People don't pay hundreds of dollars for a gameday experience to see a millionaire offend them. He should put his money where his heart is and buy some TV time. Instead the only money he invested was in a small African village his ancestors allegedly came from.
    The field is the venue where he can get maximum and immediate exposure.
    People don't pay hundreds of bucks to be exposed to ads at a game either.
    He's not delaying the game, impacting the game, or, IMO; being disrespectful at all.
    If he's trying to raise awareness, he's found a good time and place; and a fairly eloquent way to say what he has to say.
    It's easy enough for people to ignore it if they find it disagreeable.

    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Finger crossed, for him to be impeached. I don't think Trump would care if
    America turned into a 3rd world country as long that Donald Trump and Ivanka
    made money.(father - daughter thing is gross)
    I suspect that he will be impeached.
    But I also believe that he will be found psychologically unfit - dangerously unfit - to hold the office.
    And once that happens, I would remind The Collective that it's not a new development - he was that way when they voted for him.
    But they'll just say that the mental health professionals are wrong, just like the climate and environmental scientists are wrong now. Even after he starts wearing his underwear on the outside and speaking in an imaginary language, they'll go on about how normal he is and try to make him President-For-Life.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  15. #2015
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    Kaepernick kneels to protest racial inequality mainly based on the highly publicized white cop killing black suspects. He said that himself. His beliefs have morphed as he rides the political wave he is ignorant to understand. He doesn't care about black on black crime, black cop on black suspect shootings or black cop on white shootings. He was raised by well off white parents and has been completely isolated from the cause (which really isn't a cause) he kneels to represent. The national anthem is the wrong forum for this and he has paid the price. Half the players who have followed his lead can't even properly articulate why they themselves are kneeling except for solidarity towards Kaep. Instead of investing money and time in the US to actually make a difference he traced his roots back to a small African village and put his efforts there. Fuck you mom and dad, I'm supporting the village my long lost relatives came from.

    He is investing money and time in the US though. He pledged that he would donate at least $1m over a year to various charities in the US and he did exactly that. There is a site that shows who he donated to every month and for the last $100,000, for every $10,000 he gave, a celebrity matched it. Then there is the Nike deal where part of his contract is them contributing money to his charity.

  16. #2016
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,127
    thank you shellc for posting that, people can only talk about the African village he supported, while forgetting all he has done here in the US.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

  17. #2017
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,869
    There's nothing wrong with supporting some foreign village somewhere.
    Those are likely people who need help too, and in all probability; $50,000 there will deliver more good that a million dollars here ever would.

    Trying to vilify that action is to practically imply that those people aren't deserving of aid or help or attention.
    You'd have to diminish their humanity before you can criticize helping them instead of others that you might deem more deserving by some criteria.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  18. #2018
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,075
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    thank you shellc for posting that, people can only talk about the African village he supported, while forgetting all he has done here in the US.
    No problem. Here's the page where it lists the charities and what month he donated if anyone is interested :

    https://kaepernick7.com/blogs/million-dollar-pledge

  19. #2019
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,949
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    An ad hominem attack implying I'm a racists. Nice. Remember, I'm a republican and the Jim Crow laws were implemented by democrats so that fails a little.




    If he wants to protest, fine but keep it off the football field. People don't pay hundreds of dollars for a gameday experience to see a millionaire offend them. He should put his money where his heart is and buy some TV time. Instead the only money he invested was in a small African village his ancestors allegedly came from.
    Ancient history. People who understand history realize that a party's relationship to social issues is going to evolve over time. You left out the part about Abraham "I freed the slaves" Lincoln being a Republican, and Andrew "the Trail of Tears was my idea" Jackson being a Democrat. Which is good, because those things are not germane to the discussion, and have NOTHING to do with 2018.

    Come on. You're smarter than that.
    Last edited by Upset; 09-12-2018 at 09:20 PM.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  20. #2020
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,949
    Now Bonespur claims that the idea of 3000 deaths in Puerto Rico was "made up by Democrats" to "make him look bad." What a fucking pig. I can't IMAGINE a more embarrassing President, and anybody that defends him at this point is an idiot.

    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ce=politics_fb
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  21. #2021
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Ancient history. People who understand history realize that a party's relationship to social issues is going to evolve over time. You left out the part about Abraham "I freed the slaves" Lincoln being a Republican, and Andrew "the Trail of Tears was my idea" Jackson being a Democrat. Which is good, because those things are not germane to the discussion, and have NOTHING to do with 2018.

    Come on. You're smarter than that.
    First guys.....I never once said he doesn't have a right to protest and I never disagreed with him exercising his first amendment right. I, along with a lot of people disagree with the venue for which he displays it. That's my right. As far as ancient history and the democrats are concerned, it does make a difference. The democrats only revised their thinking when the new deal came along because african americans were the most desperate of the the population during the great depression and FDR and the democrats realized that they could get their vote through the promises of the new deal. Up until that point african americans were largely republican but switched due to self preservation. The irony was that FDR's new deal excluded african americans from most of the perks. It wasn't until LBJ rescinded those restrictions at the urging of the democrats to further solidify that voting block. Not so long ago.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

  22. #2022
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,127
    Lincoln also said he would allow slavery if it kept the union together, Trump needs to be removed from office and be put in jail or prison.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

  23. #2023
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    First guys.....I never once said he doesn't have a right to protest and I never disagreed with him exercising his first amendment right. I, along with a lot of people disagree with the venue for which he displays it. That's my right.
    That indeed is your right.
    You also have the right to disagree with the sentiment he is expressing.
    You also have the right to ignore him when he takes a knee while exercising his right to make his statement at a time of his choosing.
    Seems that we rights all around now.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  24. #2024
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,949
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    First guys.....I never once said he doesn't have a right to protest and I never disagreed with him exercising his first amendment right. I, along with a lot of people disagree with the venue for which he displays it. That's my right. As far as ancient history and the democrats are concerned, it does make a difference. The democrats only revised their thinking when the new deal came along because african americans were the most desperate of the the population during the great depression and FDR and the democrats realized that they could get their vote through the promises of the new deal. Up until that point african americans were largely republican but switched due to self preservation. The irony was that FDR's new deal excluded african americans from most of the perks. It wasn't until LBJ rescinded those restrictions at the urging of the democrats to further solidify that voting block. Not so long ago.
    Thanks for the history lesson, which I didn't actually need.

    I don't know what "not so long ago" means. The 20th century is not as long ago as the Renaissance, or the ancient Greeks, or the day conservatives first crawled out of the primordial ooze with the goal of preventing the world from moving forward. But it's a hell of a long time ago.

    If you go back and look at what you typed, I think you will see that nowhere do you actually make an argument that any of this ancient history has anything to do with what's going on between Democrats and Republicans TODAY, in the world WE ACTUALLY LIVE IN. And the reason you don't make that argument is because you can't. Because it's bullshit.

    In 2018, Republicans are the party for whom social progress is kryptonite. In 2018, the racists vote Republican. In 2018, the misogynists vote Republican. In 2018, the people who are terrified of peeing in the same room as a transgendered person vote Republican. This is what matters. Because we live in 2018. How is this too complicated for you? Or maybe it's not, and you're just trolling. I think you're smart enough to realize no thinking person is going to be swayed by the stuff you post. But hey, as long as you're entertained...
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  25. #2025
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Thanks for the history lesson, which I didn't actually need.

    .
    Let's see here, sarcasm, check..insult my intelligence..check, reference me as a racist (through association)..check. Yet I'm the asshole. No mirrors in your house I would assume.

    EDIT: I stand by my above statement but it obviously came from my emotions so I didn't give your post (the parts at least where you weren't insulting me) their fair due. Where to start.....first off, 1932 - 1936 is far from ancient history. The ramifications of trying to win over a voting block by promising free stuff is a continuous strategy that the democrats endlessly engage in. The difference between the republicans and the democrats is the difference between a ladder and a rope. The democrats believe in the rope. The politicians hold on to it and say "just hang on and you'll be safe". Problem is, you never get to the top because they control the rope. You rely on them not to let go.

    The republicans believe in the ladder. They will provide it, but you have to climb it. If you are willing, you can make it to the top but YOU have to do it.

    Point being, this dynamic has been the same in one way or the other since the 30's and especially when it comes to african americans. They have been voting democrat for 80 years with hardly a stitch of progress. In many ways it is worse. Look at Chicago, run by democrats, strongest gun laws in the country, murder capital of the US. The victims, overwhelmingly black. Non of this is a coincidence. This has everything to do with what is going on between democrats and republicans today.

    The difference between me and you is I can look at your political beliefs and understand why you feel the way you do regardless of whether I think you are right or wrong. You look at my beliefs and reduce me to being a redneck racist asshole.

    We have a talk show host here in San Diego who is openly gay and republican. The LGBT community has done all it can to run him out of town because he doesn't tow the company line so to speak. You have conservative speakers being run off of speaking engagements at universities by democrat students (so much for free speech), republican leaders can't enjoy a meal with their families without getting thrown out of restaurants, a fox news correspondent gets water thrown on her as she leaves a restaurant etc.....

    Lastly, we all view social progress differently. In CA social progress now means if a male in school "identifies" as female he can use the girls bathroom. Sure, that won't get abused. Social progress in CA meant that theft of over $500 was a felony but the government has now upped that to $900 and on top of that, the theft has to be in one place so if you steal $800 from three different locations it is just three misdemeanors. Guess what, theft up to that level has increased over 30% since.

    I realize the social progress you are probably referring to has to do with gay marriage and the sort but as far as I know, that has become mainstream so who cares if some republicans speak out against it. It is no more extreme than Bernie Sanders promising free college and healthcare with no way of paying for it but I have yet to hear a democrat criticize that even though intellectually most know that it would be impossible to implement.

    Everything is relative so don't think for one second your point of view has anymore right to exist than mine does. We're just different.
    Last edited by Paulination; 09-14-2018 at 09:35 AM.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

  26. #2026
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,949
    Quit trying to reason with Bonespur supporters. If they haven't turned against him by now, they never will. Save your energy for the fight ahead.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  27. #2027
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,127
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    This is very nicely said.
    Thank you London.

    "We have a talk show host here in San Diego who is openly gay and republican. The LGBT community has done all it can to run him out of town because he doesn't tow the company line so to speak. You have conservative speakers being run off of speaking engagements at universities by democrat students (so much for free speech), republican leaders can't enjoy a meal with their families without getting thrown out of restaurants, a fox news correspondent gets water thrown on her as she leaves a restaurant etc....."(Quote By Pauli)



    We do and they do? I live in San Diego and have never seen anything or any news about this.?
    Last edited by pkstracy; 09-14-2018 at 11:49 AM.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

  28. #2028
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,126
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Thank you London.

    "We have a talk show host here in San Diego who is openly gay and republican. The LGBT community has done all it can to run him out of town because he doesn't tow the company line so to speak. You have conservative speakers being run off of speaking engagements at universities by democrat students (so much for free speech), republican leaders can't enjoy a meal with their families without getting thrown out of restaurants, a fox news correspondent gets water thrown on her as she leaves a restaurant etc....."(Quote By Pauli)



    We do and they do? I live in San Diego and have never seen anything or any news about this.?
    His name is Carl Demaio. KFMB weekdays from 3-6.

    https://www.thedailybeast.com/gay-re...the-lgbt-lobby
    Last edited by Paulination; 09-14-2018 at 12:05 PM.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

  29. #2029
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,949
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  30. #2030
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post

  31. #2031
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Nice one.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  32. #2032
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    You just know they are gonna try and take the credit for it somewhere down the line.

  33. #2033
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    omg I love it.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

  34. #2034
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    You just know they are gonna try and take the credit for it somewhere down the line.
    "A rising tide floats all boats", as they say.
    I guess it's not surprising that Trump's economic policies are benefiting Nike too.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  35. #2035
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,949
    So they are now saying Rod Rosenstein "expects to be fired," and/or may be resigning. It's breaking news, which I guess is why there aren't really any details yet.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  36. #2036
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    So they are now saying Rod Rosenstein "expects to be fired," and/or may be resigning. It's breaking news, which I guess is why there aren't really any details yet.
    Good thing for him that Trump can't send him to a Gulag or have him executed.
    Yet.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  37. #2037
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,949
    My thoughts on Dr. Ford and Kavanaugh (hope it's okay to put this here; not sure it warranted its own thread):

    She was very credible.

    He was not credible, and apparently thinks righteous indignation is expressed by yelling.

    I'm sure a lot of Trump supporters be like, "Well, it's not like he's raping anybody NOW."

    A couple of things I posted on FB:

    Why do they keep trotting out this letter all these people signed in support of Kavanaugh? I'm sure Jeffrey Dahmer could have gotten 65 people to sign a letter saying "Hey, this guy never ate ME."

    Hey, since Kavanaugh is so emphatic in his denials, maybe he should volunteer for a polygraph examination like the one Dr. Ford passed.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  38. #2038
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    My thoughts on Dr. Ford and Kavanaugh (hope it's okay to put this here; not sure it warranted its own thread):

    She was very credible.

    He was not credible, and apparently thinks righteous indignation is expressed by yelling.
    I think his expression of frustration was warranted. How would you feel if someone pops up out of your past over three decades ago with no evidence (besides the legally inadmissable lie detector test) and drags your name through the mud. The only one backing up her story is her. For god's sake her best friend says she doesn't recall anything that happened. No one that she named in the house recalls anything. As for lie detector tests, he may not have had a specific one in this case but trust me, he's had one or several over his years as a judge everytime he climbed the ranks and they focus on questions of criminal actions and drugs. When my best friend joined the California Highway Patrol one of the first things they did once he passed the written and physical examinations was to administer a polygraph.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

  39. #2039
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,869
    I suspect that polygraphs are about as scientific and reliable as throwing darts at at dart board while blindfolded.
    Half the board is labeled "True", half is labeled "False" and you just run with whatever the dart hits calling it a "learned assessment" based upon "evidence".

    I also think that you cannot judge the current character of an adult based upon something that may or may not have happened when they were a teenager.
    If he had been 30 when he supposedly did it, and he was 50 now, that might speak more to his current morality. But considering the life-long position at stake here, I would disqualify someone who could treat others the way he possibly treated her; just like such behavior might disqualify you for a "high-security" clearance for the rest of your life.

    That said, being endorsed or supported by the deranged imbecile in The White House is a pretty damning indictment when being promoted\considered for a position that wields power over laws and the everyday lives and freedoms of Americans. I can't think of anyone associated with Trump who doesn't act as if actual facts are just opinions or that mere beliefs and wants are actually truths. They act as if the way they want it to be is the way that it ought to be, or even the way that it is.

    I think that "basket of deplorables" is such a spot-on description that I can't help but use it here.
    I'm left wondering lately if the Republicans were so deplorable during all of the years that I supported them and I just couldn't see it; or if it's just in part a new development during the anti-science, anti-fact, anti-reason, anti-decency, anti-humanity age of Trump.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  40. #2040
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,949
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I suspect that polygraphs are about as scientific and reliable as throwing darts at at dart board while blindfolded.
    Half the board is labeled "True", half is labeled "False" and you just run with whatever the dart hits calling it a "learned assessment" based upon "evidence".

    I also think that you cannot judge the current character of an adult based upon something that may or may not have happened when they were a teenager.
    If he had been 30 when he supposedly did it, and he was 50 now, that might speak more to his current morality. But considering the life-long position at stake here, I would disqualify someone who could treat others the way he possibly treated her; just like such behavior might disqualify you for a "high-security" clearance for the rest of your life.

    That said, being endorsed or supported by the deranged imbecile in The White House is a pretty damning indictment when being promoted\considered for a position that wields power over laws and the everyday lives and freedoms of Americans. I can't think of anyone associated with Trump who doesn't act as if actual facts are just opinions or that mere beliefs and wants are actually truths. They act as if the way they want it to be is the way that it ought to be, or even the way that it is.

    I think that "basket of deplorables" is such a spot-on description that I can't help but use it here.
    I'm left wondering lately if the Republicans were so deplorable during all of the years that I supported them and I just couldn't see it; or if it's just in part a new development during the anti-science, anti-fact, anti-reason, anti-decency, anti-humanity age of Trump.
    It's an interesting question. All successful politicians are pragmatists; you can't be successful in that field unless you are willing to occasionally hold your nose and do something you find morally questionable. And anyone in Congress is by definition a successful politician. But where do you draw the line?

    Imagine that instead of Ronald Reagan, Bonespur or his 1980s equivalent had emerged in 1980. Would the 1980s era GOP have gone along with him to further their own agendas? I think the answer is definitely not. I didn't like those guys, but they had limits.

    Actually, I think the GOP in that day and age would have gotten organized and found a way to block his nomination. My favorite Will Rogers quote is: "I don't belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat." That's actually a GREAT description of the GOP establishment in the primary season leading up to 2016.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  41. #2041
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,949
    Bonespur made fun of Dr. Ford's testimony at a rally.

    His supporters laughed and cheered.

    Bonespur is a pig, and his supporters are pigs.

    https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/02/polit...urt/index.html
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  42. #2042
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,492
    Nothing he says or does surprised me about that jack bastard.

  43. #2043
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    4,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Bonespur made fun of Dr. Ford's testimony at a rally.

    His supporters laughed and cheered.

    Bonespur is a pig, and his supporters are pigs.

    https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/02/polit...urt/index.html
    Absolutely vile and disgusting... as a rape survivor, I am beyond appalled to say the least. Seeing and hearing the Orange Anus and his repulsive supporters laughing and cheering literally made me physically ill.


    Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

  44. #2044
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,949
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    Absolutely vile and disgusting... as a rape survivor, I am beyond appalled to say the least. Seeing and hearing the Orange Anus and his repulsive supporters laughing and cheering literally made me physically ill.
    I am sorry. I can't imagine what that feels like for you.

    When I listened to Kavanaugh, setting aside the assault allegations, it was just bizarre to me that someone with such poor self-control is a JUDGE.

    Also, aren't judges supposed to be smarter than this guy? He came across as a dope to me.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  45. #2045
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    Absolutely vile and disgusting... as a rape survivor, I am beyond appalled to say the least. Seeing and hearing the Orange Anus and his repulsive supporters laughing and cheering literally made me physically ill.
    Me, too. First he's mocked a disabled reporter and now a sexual assault survivor. I was livid. Reactions like that is exactly why women don't report.
    "I'm glad I don't have to hunt for my food. I don't even know where sandwiches live." ~~~seen on Facebook


  46. #2046
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    Absolutely vile and disgusting... as a rape survivor, I am beyond appalled to say the least. Seeing and hearing the Orange Anus and his repulsive supporters laughing and cheering literally made me physically ill.
    It would be if she is to be believed which he doesn't and I don't either. She is a strategic plant by the democrats when all else failed to derail his nomination. She is the political plan B. There's not a shread of evidence that her claims are true and the witnesses she herself identified said they didn't witness anything. What Trump said is true, remembers nothing besides what Kavanaugh allegedly did and one beer. Maybe it is because I'm a guy that this rubs me wrong. Her innocent 5 year old voice disgusts me and to come out 36 years later and for anybody to give her an inch of credibility astonishes me.

    Read what this ex boyfriend had to say:

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-spaces.html

    If you believe him, you can't believe her. The democrats will find every reason to poo poo what he has to say even though it has as much unsubstantiated credibility as her testimony. Jesus christ you can't have it both ways in this world and still look at yourself in the mirror.

    Should Trump have said all he did publicly? Of course not but that is what he does.
    Last edited by Paulination; 10-03-2018 at 09:27 AM.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

  47. #2047
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    It would be if she is to be believed which he doesn't and I don't either. She is a strategic plant by the democrats when all else failed to derail his nomination. She is the political plan B. There's not a shread of evidence that her claims are true and the witnesses she herself identified said they didn't witness anything. What Trump said is true, remembers nothing besides what Kavanaugh allegedly did and one beer. Maybe it is because I'm a guy that this rubs me wrong. Her innocent 5 year old voice disgusts me and to come out 36 years later and for anybody to give her an inch of credibility astonishes me.

    Read what this ex boyfriend had to say:

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-spaces.html

    If you believe him, you can't believe her. The democrats will find every reason to poo poo what he has to say even though it has as much unsubstantiated credibility as her testimony. Jesus christ you can't have it both ways in this world and still look at yourself in the mirror.

    Should Trump have said all he did publicly? Of course not but that is what he does.
    All I will say to that is if MY abuser were to run for a high office position, you bet your ASS I'd come forward. And no I didn't report back then. I was a child who didn't have the vocabulary to put it into words.
    "I'm glad I don't have to hunt for my food. I don't even know where sandwiches live." ~~~seen on Facebook


  48. #2048
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,492
    Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    All I will say to that is if MY abuser were to run for a high office position, you bet your ASS I'd come forward. And no I didn't report back then. I was a child who didn't have the vocabulary to put it into words.
    Exactly!

  49. #2049
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,126
    Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    All I will say to that is if MY abuser were to run for a high office position, you bet your ASS I'd come forward. And no I didn't report back then. I was a child who didn't have the vocabulary to put it into words.
    My point is that we don't know if her allegations are true. There is no concrete evidence that they are and circumstantially, there's more that says they are not. Do we allow an unsubstantiated claim from 36 years ago ruin a mans life. If someone popped up and accused any one of you of something similar from decades ago that could not be proven would it be fair to ruin your life over it? I don't care if we are talking democrat, republican, socialist or whatever.....

    The guy has an unblemished career his whole adult life and then gets nominated for the SCOTUS and his accuser, a well documented vagina hat wearing liberal paraded out by Diane Feinstein is supposed to derail his life's work based on her word alone from 36 years ago.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

  50. #2050
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,127
    Because of bone spur and his actions during his speech making fun of Ford, why women don't come forward, I am a survivor of rape and sexual abuse, I never told, well expect for my hubby and now here on the board and in therapy. Which I started six years ago.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •