Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 33404142434451 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,100 of 2806

Thread: Former President Donald Trump

This should go without saying but my opinions on this issue are specific to the Kavanaugh/ Ford accusation. Before you should be allowed to ruin someone there has to be something substantive that goes beyond he said, she said. With Cosby we have his admission, with Clinton we have the blue dress, with Weinstein we've had multiple corroborating witnesses as well as police investigations. With Ford.....nothing. Even her best friend denies any knowledge and was dragged into this without even the courtesy of a heads up. This just came out between my two posts.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-witness.html
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

Pauli I agree, I have seen to many times where women have accused someone and then it not be true, like the man that just got released , star football player was going to be signed , can't remember for what team, and this woman accused him of raping her, well, she later admitted that she lied and the guy was released after serving ten or more years.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Because of bone spur and his actions during his speech making fun of Ford, why women don't come forward, I am a survivor of rape and sexual abuse, I never told, well expect for my hubby and now here on the board and in therapy. Which I started six years ago.
    PK, I feel such empathy for the survivors (especially those here)who have gone thru this kind of a crime.
    As for “bone spur” I feel He is a sick sad little small minded “person” who someday will have to meet karma.
    And to those who clapped and cheered this little pischer on, I know some of you have daughters, To cheer him on over this disgusting speech makes you just as bad- SHAME upon you ALL!
    Of course JMO.

I don't have any concrete proof it happened to me, but I'm with Ria, if one of them ran for office, I'd step forward.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

About this wonderful Brett Kavanaugh person his
    FFFFFFourth of july on his yearbook means:
    Find them,French them,Feel them,Finger them,
    Fuck them,Forget them.
    Not about mocking anybody who stutters.(like he said)

So This going to be the next American Supreme court judge.(sad)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Because of bone spur and his actions during his speech making fun of Ford, why women don't come forward, I am a survivor of rape and sexual abuse, I never told, well expect for my hubby and now here on the board and in therapy. Which I started six years ago.
    I never actually told verbally. I wrote it, it was read, but then I was encouraged to keep my mouth shut. This forced silence caused me to have a nervous breakdown at 20 years old.

Thing with sexual assault....trauma does things to your memory. You block and repress details, locations, dates. Just because Ford can't remember every single minute detail doesn't mean she's lying or her story "is full of holes." I don't remember probably 85%-90% of my abuse. Nobody wants all of those details in their heads all the time.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Yeah, Brett may have been a total drunken asshole in high school and college and did some questionable fucked up things to women, but the major factor in all of this, is that he LIED to everyone during the hearing. They may have been lies over stupid things (Devil's Triangle, Ralph club, ect) - but they were lies. Also lied about how much he drank. So much for swearing to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth when he raised his hand before everyone. Isn't that what folks do before him as a judge and he expects them to tell the truth in his court of law? He can't do the same?

At this point all those GOP Senators are (right now) "Damned if we do, damned if we don't" in regards to their votes for him...

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    I've always heard that shit rolls downhill.
    So looking at what we have at the top of the hill, yeah; this will be the next "Justice".

I'd love to know how all of these Trump supporters who are constantly normalizing and excusing his actions would feel if he was talking about or groping their wives or sisters or daughters.

Would they excuse that too or suddenly get a bad case of conscience?
    Surely not the latter, otherwise they should already have a case of bad conscience for having supported this walking, blustering, bullying turd of a man who seems to only get along with and admire low-lifes and dictators.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Yeah, Brett may have been a total drunken asshole in high school and college and did some questionable fucked up things to women, but the major factor in all of this, is that he LIED to everyone during the hearing.
    You realize of course, that to a Trump supporter; that's high praise indeed.
    They seem to prefer that their representatives be unencumbered by reason or truth or morality or maturity.

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    PK, I feel such empathy for the survivors (especially those here)who have gone thru this kind of a crime.
    As for “bone spur” I feel He is a sick sad little small minded “person” who someday will have to meet karma.
    And to those who clapped and cheered this little pischer on, I know some of you have daughters, To cheer him on over this disgusting speech makes you just as bad- SHAME upon you ALL!
    Of course JMO.
    The thing is, karma should have got this guy decades ago.

Bonespur is the kind of person that makes me hope there's a Hell.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I don't have any concrete proof it happened to me, but I'm with Ria, if one of them ran for office, I'd step forward.
    I do have concrete evidence still. My girly innards are scarred from it. I look like I've been ripped open and healed over multiple times.

I don't know what kind of investigation they could conduct without interviewing Kavanaugh, Ford, any of the accusers or witnesses. Seems to me the "investigation" was faked.

"I just go here!"

I believe Ford, If my attackers were running for office, I would step forward as well, one of them died in a car crash, one died of a heartattack and not sure if my coworker is still around, I am sure he is. I do believe you Ria, and Cindy and any other woman that has come forward, and there are in most cases where the only proof a woman has is her memories and the hell she goes through, for those women that accuse and it didn't happen shame on you, as I said like the woman that accused the guy in my above post and then admitted she lied, that guy served I think ten years, will have to find the story. As for Bonespur, he is a joke and for him to be making fun or saying what he did in his speech, would he do the same to his daughter, if she came forward years later and someone high up assaulted her?

I'm obviously in the minority here (that's OK, I'm used to it) so if someone can answer a couple of fundamental questions that keep tripping me up I'll leave this alone.

1) There is no distinct corroborating evidence on either side of this debate so it is only the word of people we have to go on. If 1/2 the people say one thing against him, the other 1/2 support him, how do you pick and choose whom you believe? Even though this is not a trial the presumption of innocence is still the law of the land so that said, tie base goes to the runner (especially on a 36 year old claim).

2) We hear of women falsely accusing men of rape or inappropriate behavior all of the time. How do we differentiate one from the other after so much time.

3) If Trump was to dump Kavanaugh, nominate someone else, and then the same thing happened to him/her and it just keeps going where does that stop?

4) If this same thing happened to you. Someone is pissed off for whatever reason and went to the police, your boss, your community with accusations of attempted rape, molestation etc... and you knew you were innocent but had no real way of proving it, would you be satisfied to live with the same judgement that you have passed on to him?

Everyone here is willing to say what they would do as the victim, no one wants to address what they would do if they were the accused (innocently).

If he did what she says she did, then of course he should face consequences but if he did not, how do we justify a process that still makes him suffer in every way there is to suffer? That is my struggle.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

Believe what we may, we don't really know the truth do we? It's a judgement call. That's why there's a hearing.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I think we can make educated judgments about what really happened based on the credibility of the people who spoke at the hearing. For example, we know for certain Kavanaugh lied multiple times. "Boof" and "Devil's Triangle" come to mind.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    I think we can make educated judgments about what really happened based on the credibility of the people who spoke at the hearing. For example, we know for certain Kavanaugh lied multiple times. "Boof" and "Devil's Triangle" come to mind.
    Kavanaugh said they were drinking games and flatuance, one guy said they were sex related. Where's the certainty?

Look at this:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...king-game.html
    Last edited by Paulination; 10-04-2018 at 02:34 PM.
    --McCourt

I see your points, Pauli.

I'm left wondering though what Ford would have to gain from a false accusation.
    It's not like she's some poverty-stricken have-not looking for a paycheck.
    It's not like she's going after Trump himself or Brad Pitt or some high-profile, mega-rich or mega-powerful star or dignitary.
    She's also not some ungrounded, unanchored drifter of questionable background or credibility.
    She's setting aside her own privacy.
    She's willingly putting herself into the public eye, and not in an enviable way.
    For what if it's false?

I still say you can't really judge the character of a grown man based upon things he may or may not have done as an immature youth.
    But if the guy indeed recently lied even about inconsequential matters - especially even about inconsequential matters - that says everything I'd need to know about the character of the man. I'd consider him to be unfit to preside over a traffic court, or to hold any other position of authority over the public, especially a judgeship.
    That's without even considering the truth or fiction of the accusations.
    Obviously, a lot of people don't have a problem expecting and accepting constant lies from a President, that's what he does after all; but would y'all really dismiss that coming from a Supreme Court nominee?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1538579493456.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	54729
    False accusations are not as common as you would think. My mother made a false accusation when she said she didn't know who had abused me but it couldn't have been who I'd named. She was wracking her brain, accusing this person and that. It never went beyond my bedroom because I knew who had really abused me and it wasn't anyone she thought it could have been.

Thing is not all sexual assaults leave physical evidence. Fondling, for example, doesn't. Nor does oral sex. Then it's her word against his. Rape does leave evidence if it's caught in time or she is left scarred, like I am. Even IF she reports it, goes to the hospital for the exam, there's the risk of the rape kit sitting on a shelf for years, with the evidence fading over time. If it's brought to trial, more often than not they're given a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again. *hack* Ahem. Brock Turner. *koff*

"I just go here!"

Just in case anybody hasn't seen this yet:

Sincerely yours,
    Upset

I.. LOVE...this. Love me some Samuel L. Jackson.

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    I.. LOVE...this. Love me some Samuel L. Jackson.
    Yeah. Whoever came up with it was very clever.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

That was awesome, well played.
    --McCourt

Never forget that the "nuclear option" is a violation of normal Congressional procedure. Under the rules both parties abided by for decades, Kavanaugh would have already been decisively rejected.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

What would she have to gain, she doesn't need money. She did it because she didn't want him to get a much more powerful position see, guys, like him, get into positions of power and they think they are untouchable, yes there have been cases of women lying, so it is hard to determine, now I could see if she was suing him for payment for her anguish, but as far as I can tell she hasn't, for me that states that she is telling the truth, also people that knew him during that time are coming forward saying he has been lying. Even someone said that they walked in on Brett as he was about to or was doing something to Ford. So there is your proof a witness who saw him doing something to her. But you probably won't see this post in reply to yours. oh and you ask when will it stop, when some men learn to keep their damn hands to themselves and stop acting like us women owe them something and they stop thinking with the little brain and start using the big brain. When a woman says no, she means no, no matter how far it has gone. Also here you go, about why Trump should be impeached. https://www.needtoimpeach.com/impeachable-offenses/
    Last edited by pkstracy; 10-05-2018 at 12:41 PM.

Looks like it is probably a done deal though after Trump got elected nothing is certain until the vote.
    --McCourt

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    Looks like it is probably a done deal though after Trump got elected nothing is certain until the vote.
    I see that Barack Obama's former National Security Advisor
    Susan Rice now wants to challenge Senator Susan Collins in 2020.

What would she have to gain, she doesn't need money. She did it because she didn't want him to get a much more powerful position see, guys, like him, get into positions of power and they think they are untouchable, yes there have been cases of women lying, so it is hard to determine, now I could see if she was suing him for payment for her anguish, but as far as I can tell she hasn't, for me that states that she is telling the truth, also people that knew him during that time are coming forward saying he has been lying. Even someone said that they walked in on Brett as he was about to or was doing something to Ford. So there is your proof a witness who saw him doing something to her. But you probably won't see this post in reply to yours. oh and you ask when will it stop, when some men learn to keep their damn hands to themselves and stop acting like us women owe them something and they stop thinking with the little brain and start using the big brain. When a woman says no, she means no, no matter how far it has gone. Also here you go, about why Trump should be impeached. https://www.needtoimpeach.com/impeachable-offenses/
    *throws hands up in the air*

THIS is what I would have said, had I been here earlier. (And what I DID say on FB.) Guys, the number of false allegations of sexual assault is NOT as high as you think it is. According to a study by Stanford University, only about 2% of reported assaults end up being false. (https://web.stanford.edu/group/maan/...n/?page_id=297)

Nobody would willingly risk everything over an allegation like this. Because you do risk it all. I would have risked my family being torn apart, that's why my mother encouraged me to stay silent. Dr. Ford is risking her credibility, her life (because she's had death threats), and possibly her career. You don't make the decision to come forward lightly.

Talking about it out loud is INCREDIBLY difficult and I completely understand why she wrote it out and just read it off the paper. I did the same thing when I first started talking about mine with someone face-to-face. Even now I have trouble vocalizing it, because I keep hearing his voice in my head telling me not to tell. I find it easier to type it, text it, blog it than speak aloud.

"I just go here!"

So very true.

*throws hands up in the air*

THIS is what I would have said, had I been here earlier. (And what I DID say on FB.) Guys, the number of false allegations of sexual assault is NOT as high as you think it is. According to a study by Stanford University, only about 2% of reported assaults end up being false. (https://web.stanford.edu/group/maan/...n/?page_id=297)

Nobody would willingly risk everything over an allegation like this. Because you do risk it all. I would have risked my family being torn apart, that's why my mother encouraged me to stay silent. Dr. Ford is risking her credibility, her life (because she's had death threats), and possibly her career. You don't make the decision to come forward lightly.

Talking about it out loud is INCREDIBLY difficult and I completely understand why she wrote it out and just read it off the paper. I did the same thing when I first started talking about mine with someone face-to-face. Even now I have trouble vocalizing it, because I keep hearing his voice in my head telling me not to tell. I find it easier to type it, text it, blog it than speak aloud.
    I too have trouble speaking about it out loud. I am taking a break from social media, I deactivated all my facebook accounts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1538579493456.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	54729
    False accusations are not as common as you would think. My mother made a false accusation when she said she didn't know who had abused me but it couldn't have been who I'd named. She was wracking her brain, accusing this person and that. It never went beyond my bedroom because I knew who had really abused me and it wasn't anyone she thought it could have been.

Thing is not all sexual assaults leave physical evidence. Fondling, for example, doesn't. Nor does oral sex. Then it's her word against his. Rape does leave evidence if it's caught in time or she is left scarred, like I am. Even IF she reports it, goes to the hospital for the exam, there's the risk of the rape kit sitting on a shelf for years, with the evidence fading over time. If it's brought to trial, more often than not they're given a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again. *hack* Ahem. Brock Turner. *koff*
    Sadly Donald Trump, thinks he is the world of false accusations
    but no way.

About this wonderful Brett Kavanaugh person his
    FFFFFFourth of july on his yearbook means:
    Find them,French them,Feel them,Finger them,
    Fuck them,Forget them.
    Not about mocking anybody who stutters.(like he said)

This so needs to be said again.

So true, DR. Ford has the truth on her side.(also I agree,
    Trump should be impeached)

I have to think that if there is a Satan, and if there is a hell; that Satan would have an exalted place set aside in hell for the worst that humankind has ever produced.

People like Hitler and Stalin, Pol Pot and Idi Amin - the brutal dictators throughout history - they'll all be lounging around in hell swapping stories and fond memories of their time on earth. Wait a second - Trump wouldn't even realize that was a punishment - brutal dictators are just the kind of people he admires and likes to hang out with.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    Which is what I saw this morning. The FBI investigation was a farce. They didn't interview Kavanaugh, Ford, any of the other accusers or witnesses. What can they get from that???

"I just go here!"

Sadly Donald Trump, thinks he is the world of false accusations
    but no way.
    This so needs to be said again.
    So true, DR. Ford has the truth on her side.(also I agree,
    Trump should be impeached)
    Please combine these posts as soon as possible.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

He got confirmed.

Dark day for America.

We gotta vote these fuckers out.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Damnit

What kind of fuckery is going on today???? This pisses me OFF!!!!

"I just go here!"

He got confirmed.

Dark day for America.

We gotta vote these fuckers out.
    So true, as someone who lives here in Canada I
    am so sorry for the smart thinking Americans get
    out and vote these fuckers out.

The Trumpsters need to arrange for a couple of more slots to open up because the Court is all out of balance now.

They badly need to get a rich pedophile and maybe a well-connected serial thief or killer on the Court to get things balanced back out.
    Or just abolish the Court - I suppose that mighty serve.

These guys are proud of their shamelessness.

How fucked up. Yes, I agree you need to get out and vote these degenerates out.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I honestly don't know how these spineless dipshits are standing upright. I really don't. Letter about this already in the vent thread.

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    How fucked up. Yes, I agree you need to get out and vote these degenerates out.
    So true just like we need to get rid of Doug Ford here
    in Ontario Canada.

I hope Collins gets OBLITERATED at the voting booth in 2 years.

Manchin sadly will be just fine. He lives in Trump country and is adored by his "people."
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

I just hope all the anger that is being displayed across the country (because I know A LOT more people are against Kava-Keg than for) shows up at the polls one month from today. I can't wait to ride the blue wave. Early voting starts here in TX on 10/22 and I will be there...

Manchin sadly will be just fine. He lives in Trump country and is adored by his "people."
    Like I said before Susan Rice might go against Susan Collins in 2020.
    People of the State of Maine(it's all about you) also thank you Stephen King.

No doubt you are right.
    I live in Trump country too and it's mind boggling what you hear people saying earnestly and with conviction:

"All politicians lie"
    "It's just locker-room talk"
    "It's better than what the liberals would do"

On and on, it's amazing and perplexing.
    If it were Obama or Bill Clinton or anyone else; they would be outraged by the same behavior that they either condone or excuse on behalf of Trump.

I'm starting to think maybe reincarnation is real and that we have P.T. Barnum in the White House proving his old saying that there's a sucker born every minute.

At first, I understood people voting for the guy because he wasn't Hillary.
    I recognized that his "MAGA" bullshit, and his "Wall" bullshit, and all of his other bullshit could appeal to people who were feeling disenfranchised, fearful and threatened; or those on the fringes of society; and those who just didn't think it through or apply some critical reasoning.

Now, I have to believe that being suckers and being fooled just can't explain it all. His supporters are afflicted by some kind of mob mentality, or they are simply morally and ethically flawed and compromised. That of course is my assessment of the ones I know who are in most other respects intelligent and sensible; others are just too stupid to pull those red hats up from in front of their eyes and loosen the bands a bit so that the circulation can return to their heads.

Trump is running the biggest con in the history of humanity, he knows it; he likely brags about it to some.
    I still remember the "deer in the headlights" look on his face when he won; he was just starting to realize that so many Americans were gullible to the point of stupidity.

I guarantee you that if the guy were announce that he was in communication with aliens from another planet and took nightly flights on spaceships to other worlds, his followers would be walking around proud and saying, "Did you hear!!!"

They would either accept and believe it and repeat it as true, or they would come up with all sorts of reasons why it would be a perfectly normal thing for him to say and that it only proves how smart he is.

That's just what they do.

And that means that they are intellectually flawed and\or ethically corrupt.
    He couldn't be supported otherwise because being suckered and falling for his con can only excuse you so far down the road toward crazy before you start to get an inkling of what's going on; and that point would have been passed well ago for most people.

So true just like we need to get rid of Doug Ford here
    in Ontario Canada.
    Absolutely. That is another one who is going to screw us over.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

To truly appreciate how partisan this was, ask yourself two questions:

1. How could Dr. Ford have possibly been any more credible?

2. How could Kav's testimony have possibly gone any worse (short of him saying "Yeah, I tried to rape her! So what?!")?
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

When Kavanaugh was sworn in, it made me mad enough to eat beans!
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset