Page 36 of 57 FirstFirst ... 27343536373845 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,800 of 2806

Thread: Former President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    If that fat racist slob Donald Trump ever thought of firing Robert Mueller
    the good smart American people will rise up.(I'm sure of it)
    Don't hold your breath.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Sadly, I see Donald Trump now has John(The angry walrus) Bolton
    now on his team.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

If that fat racist slob Donald Trump ever thought of firing Robert Mueller
    the good smart American people will rise up.(I'm sure of it)
    I hope you are right.

I think there are a LOT of Republicans in Congress that would JUMP at the opportunity to remove this clown from office. And if Mueller is fired, they have a REALLY good excuse.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

"In the year since President Donald Trump has been in office, the economy has done something it has been unable to do since 2005: maintain 3 percent growth for three quarters in a row."

Economic growth under Trump has been strongest in 13 years

Yeah because he gave a tax break to a certain class of people, while not helping the coal workers, and Harley Davidson going over seas, Toys R Us shutting down, Sam's Club letting go a lot of people, as well as other places of business going out of business and or letting people go.. Since February, after Trump took office, the economy has gained nearly 1.7 million jobs, according to preliminary data on nonfarm payroll for November. But once again, the job gains are part of a multiyear trend that started in 2010 while Obama was still in office. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.727c4cfcd263 did a little more digging for you. What's funny Trump called all these employment numbers fake, but now wants credit, yeah okay...
    Last edited by pkstracy; 03-30-2018 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Yeah because he gave a tax break to a certain class of people,
    You keep saying this as if true. Anyone, I mean ANYONE who pays taxes received a break. Not my opinion, fact.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

Trump has promised Americans “huge” tax cuts, but only 44 percent of taxpayers would see their tax bills reduced by more than $500 in 2019, according to JCT's analysis of the winners and losers in the plan. The chart below was first reported by The Washington Post after a GOP senator's office shared it.Overall, the majority of Americans -- 62 percent -- would get a tax cut of at least $100 in 2019, according to JCT. The remaining 38 percent would either pay about the same in taxes as they do now or get a tax hike.
    But by 2027, just 16 percent of Americans would get a tax cut of at least $100. The "winners" fall dramatically because the tax cuts for individuals go away in 2026 in the Senate GOP plan. Republicans argue that those tax cuts are likely to be extended by a future Congress.https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8865680e9b86 But an "average" tax cut doesn't mean everyone would get one. Some might pay more.

??Border Patrol Agents are not allowed to properly do their job at the Border because of ridiculous liberal (Democrat) laws like Catch & Release. Getting more dangerous. ??Caravans?? coming. Republicans must go to Nuclear Option to pass tough laws NOW. NO MORE DACA DEAL,? Trump tweeted Sunday before he attended an Easter service in Palm Beach, Florida, CNN reported

https://www.ajc.com/news/trump-tweet...qdjQz5vs6j6KK/
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I usually stay quiet online as far as political matters, but, I'll be so happy to see Trump's term as U.S. President come to an end. I just hope that people who regretted voting for him last year don't make the same mistake in two years.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Trump has promised Americans “huge” tax cuts, but only 44 percent of taxpayers would see their tax bills reduced by more than $500 in 2019, according to JCT's analysis of the winners and losers in the plan. The chart below was first reported by The Washington Post after a GOP senator's office shared it.Overall, the majority of Americans -- 62 percent -- would get a tax cut of at least $100 in 2019, according to JCT. The remaining 38 percent would either pay about the same in taxes as they do now or get a tax hike.
    But by 2027, just 16 percent of Americans would get a tax cut of at least $100. The "winners" fall dramatically because the tax cuts for individuals go away in 2026 in the Senate GOP plan. Republicans argue that those tax cuts are likely to be extended by a future Congress.https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8865680e9b86 But an "average" tax cut doesn't mean everyone would get one. Some might pay more.
    According to the chart the most tax increases and the least tax decreases occur to the upper middle to upper class. That's the exact opposite of what the liberals are saying. Thank you for that.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

I was trying to say that not everyone is getting a tax break and some even have to pay more out in taxes, my husband did not see any tax break or any extra money.

Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright has penned a piece concerning the growing, world wide risk of Fascism which is (IMO, too) not just emboldened, but encouraged and normalized by that guy in the White House and his "scorn for democracy" who some people actually voted for.

Here are a few of her comments:

“Fascism — and the tendencies that lead toward fascism — pose a more serious threat now than at any time since the end of World War II,” Albright writes in the op-ed, titled “Will We Stop Trump Before It’s Too Late?”

She decries mounting nativist and extreme right-wing movements around the globe, along with the growing threat of despotism.
    A key enabler, she argues, is America’s unleashed president.

“The possibility that fascism will be accorded a fresh chance to strut around the world stage is enhanced by the volatile presidency of Donald Trump,” Albright warns.

“Instead of standing up for the values of a free society, Mr. Trump’s oft-vented scorn for democracy’s building blocks has strengthened the hands of dictators. No longer need they fear United States criticism regarding human rights or civil liberties. On the contrary, they can and do point to Mr. Trump’s own words to justify their repressive actions,” she adds.

And here is the well-stated, undeniable truth as I also see it:

Trump has “attacked the judiciary, ridiculed the media, defended torture, condoned police brutality, urged supporters to rough up hecklers and ... equated mere policy disagreements with treason,” she writes. “He libels immigrants and the countries from which they come. His words are ... calculated to exacerbate religious, social and racial divisions.”

It's good to see someone so eloquently call out our Dictator In Waiting.

Naturally, many of the Trumpbots are making comments to the effect that the only thing he can be stopped from is going down in history as the greatest President. Ever.

The prerequisites for tyranny are fully and frighteningly in place; embodied, embraced and enabled by Trump and his supporters.

He's nothing more than a Nazi-like thug.
    That fact became obvious during the campaign; yet people - even some intelligent and otherwise decent people - continued to support him when he should have been heckled and ridiculed and rejected at every turn for his base thuggery.

Here's a link to the article:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/madeleine...001943480.html
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

CNN.com has an article up saying Bonespur has never been more likely to fire Mueller, what with Mueller going after his lawyer and the disappearance of some of Bonespur's royal calmers.

If he does fire Mueller, I am cautiously optimistic that it will lead to impeachment.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/09/polit...ler/index.html
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

It's an attack on America.
    It's treason - that's what it is.

The Bonespur Brigade has had a lot of time (and warning) to hide stuff and cover their tracks.

I don't understand American politics or the way things work there so excuse me if this is a stupid question but if he is so deeply involved in the investigation then how is he allowed to have the option of firing Mueller? It seems to me that it's a conflict of interest and I always assumed that even Presidents had laws and rules they had to go by. The fact that he's allowed to means anytime someone finds something or it looks as if they are about to, he'll throw the book at them. Is his reasoning that if he keeps firing people then eventually the investigation will go away?

If he is as adamant as he claims to be that there is nothing to find then why not let them finish the investigation so he can say 'I told you so' if at the end nothing is found. All his actions are doing now is showing someone who looks as if they DO have something to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I don't understand American politics or the way things work there so excuse me if this is a stupid question but if he is so deeply involved in the investigation then how is he allowed to have the option of firing Mueller? It seems to me that it's a conflict of interest and I always assumed that even Presidents had laws and rules they had to go by. The fact that he's allowed to means anytime someone finds something or it looks as if they are about to, he'll throw the book at them. Is his reasoning that if he keeps firing people then eventually the investigation will go away?

If he is as adamant as he claims to be that there is nothing to find then why not let them finish the investigation so he can say 'I told you so' if at the end nothing is found. All his actions are doing now is showing someone who looks as if they DO have something to hide.
    Not a stupid or silly question at all.
    But I did have to smile a bit when you used the word "reasoning" in relation to Trump.

A lot of us (Americans) don't understand what's going on either - that includes a lot of experts in such matters.
    It appears that he might have legitimate authority to either order that Mueller be fired (by the Deputy Attorney General) for various reasons, or that he might have that authority over anyone in the executive branch as the Chief Executive.

It seems that no one is really certain; but there seems to be some agreement that any such action would "be an impeachable offence that would trigger a constitutional crisis."

That's what I've read anyway.

I'm just hoping that we can get through the lunacy that is the Trump administration without too much serious, lasting damage.

Here's an article about the whole "can he fire Mueller" thing:
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...uld-go-n864751

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Not a stupid or silly question at all.
    But I did have to smile a bit when you used the word "reasoning" in relation to Trump.

A lot of us (Americans) don't understand what's going on either - that includes a lot of experts in such matters.
    It appears that he might have legitimate authority to either order that Mueller be fired (by the Deputy Attorney General) for various reasons, or that he might have that authority over anyone in the executive branch as the Chief Executive.

It seems that no one is really certain; but there seems to be some agreement that any such action would "be an impeachable offence that would trigger a constitutional crisis."

That's what I've read anyway.

I'm just hoping that we can get through the lunacy that is the Trump administration without too much serious, lasting damage.

Here's an article about the whole "can he fire Mueller" thing:
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...uld-go-n864751
    Good to know I'm not the only one who is scratching my head over this. Thanks for the link, I'll give it a read.

Trump can fire who he wants. If congress believes such firing was illegal they can file articles of impeachment. There is no civil way of stopping Trump, only criminal which is what impeachment is. If Trump believes, as a president that a member of the government (appointed, not elected) is undermining his presidency then he has every right to fire them. Congress would then have to decide that the motive of the firing was for the president to avoid potential prosecution for which the articles would then be drafted.
    --McCourt

If someone like Paul Ryan who's hero is Ayn Rand will not
    be around for the next election and who enjoyed hurting poor
    people.
    Donald Trump should be very worried this November.

If someone like Paul Ryan who's hero is Ayn Rand will not
    be around for the next election and who enjoyed hurting poor
    people.
    Donald Trump should be very worried this November.
    People are saying there is a strong chance Democrats take control of the House in the Fall. And apparently the seat occupied by Ryan will be very much in play.

This article breaks down the numbers, explaining why Democrats have a right to be optimistic. (I've seen others that are even more bullish on their chances.)

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/11/polit...ate/index.html

My only concern with all this is that November is 7 months away. A lot can change between now and then.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Good to know I'm not the only one who is scratching my head over this. Thanks for the link, I'll give it a read.
    A lot of us are still scratching our heads over how we ever reached this point.
    I remember laughing when he became a candidate - "this should provide some amusement", I thought.
    Damn.
    Never in a million years would I have imagined that people would actually vote for the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    Trump can fire who he wants. If congress believes such firing was illegal they can file articles of impeachment. There is no civil way of stopping Trump, only criminal which is what impeachment is. If Trump believes, as a president that a member of the government (appointed, not elected) is undermining his presidency then he has every right to fire them. Congress would then have to decide that the motive of the firing was for the president to avoid potential prosecution for which the articles would then be drafted.
    Thanks for that concise explanation.

A lot of us are still scratching our heads over how we ever reached this point.
    I remember laughing when he became a candidate - "this should provide some amusement", I thought.
    Damn.
    Never in a million years would I have imagined that people would actually vote for the guy.
    Excuse me if I posted this before but your comment reminded me of it. Watch Jim Jefferies do his skit on Trump. For you anti-Trumpers, you're welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HqAAa3pQIk
    --McCourt

Excuse me if I posted this before but your comment reminded me of it. Watch Jim Jefferies do his skit on Trump. For you anti-Trumpers, you're welcome.

Thanks for that. JJ is the man. It makes me wish Stewie was still on here. He was a big fan.
    Last edited by Upset; 04-12-2018 at 07:42 PM.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Yep - thanks for that.

People who you think are anti-Trumpers are very smart men and women.

People who you think are anti-Trumpers are very smart men and women.
    There are very smart men and women on either side.
    --McCourt

I was curious to see what everybody thought about Michelle Wolf at the White House Correspondents Dinner.

Bonespur's critique of the event might hold more water if he had the guts to show up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeEiq_C6j3c
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    I was curious to see what everybody thought about Michelle Wolf at the White House Correspondents Dinner.

Bonespur's critique of the event might hold more water if he had the guts to show up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeEiq_C6j3c
    She spoke the truth about Washington DC and NYC news media
    That is why Donald (Bonespur's) Trump loves them.

Trump needs the news media, like a drunk needs a drink.

Had it been the roast of a dem politico repubs wouldn't have said Boo. It amuses me when the Trumpster crowd screams "Dem Bullies!" when they are the freaking bullies.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Had it been the roast of a dem politico repubs wouldn't have said Boo. It amuses me when the Trumpster crowd screams "Dem Bullies!" when they are the freaking bullies.
    Yes. They are hypocrites. "What's the matter, can't you liberal snowflakes take a joke?"
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

It's all just lies and fake news - why would Trump or his people even care?
    What do they think; that Americans are so gullible as to be easily fooled by blatant and baseless BS from some huckster and some pretend news people with an agenda?

How the heck could they ever even get an idea like that?

SNL killed it with their cold open last night. A parody of the last scene in The Sopranos, with Trump (Alec Baldwin) in the role of Tony, and Mueller (DeNiro) in the "hitman" role. The only thing they really got wrong was that Mueller should have been in a Members Only jacket. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW8M3tr1XXo
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

One thing about Trump that gets me is "fake news". Is this fake ?? KETV in Omaha said that Martinsburg, West Virginia got a foot of snow last week. Martinsburg hasn't had that much snow in YEARS !! Anyway I had a stroke recently and this brings up "fake illness". Where I work they believe I faked my stroke. How is that even possible ?? One girl even suggested that I call up our local TV station to tell them I had a stroke. Yeah Right !! Noone believes ANYTHING unless you back it up with something. Thanks Mr. Trump !!!!
    Last edited by choff; 05-20-2018 at 07:11 PM.

GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post

Vast cosmetic improvements all the way around.

Vast cosmetic improvements all the way around.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I have a suspicion that Kim is probably kind of a fun, OK guy to hang out with.
    Unless he decides that you need to be killed for some reason.

Where in the World is Melania Trump?
    She has not been seen for over 3 weeks.

Today on Facebook it was...............

*Trump will make homosexuality illegal. Banning gay marriages and school buses will be dispatched to round up the gays where they will go to school sponsored by Exodus International and become straight.

*Outlaw religions where people will worship other ideas except Jesus. One can only worship Jesus !!

This is getting tiresome !!

Quote Originally Posted by choff View Post

*Trump will make homosexuality illegal. Banning gay marriages and school buses will be dispatched to round up the gays where they will go to school sponsored by Exodus International and become straight.

*Outlaw religions where people will worship other ideas except Jesus. One can only worship Jesus !!

Sadly, I could see him doing this in the USA.

True. That's what's really scary.

In other news at the G7 summit he has once again shown his allegiance to Russia by asking for them to be readmitted to the table but thankfully most of the European countries have said no until Russia realize they can't do what they want without any consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by choff View Post

All fake.
    I don't think for an instant that Trump would approve of anyone anywhere worshiping any God other than the only one that he believes in - himself.

And I call BS on the school buses too - no way the gays are getting a free ride to the indoctrination centers, they don't get a seat on the bus.
    Those will be reserved for the Trump Youth recruits and counselors going to and from the Strength Through Joy camps.

True. That's what's really scary.

In other news at the G7 summit he has once again shown his allegiance to Russia by asking for them to be readmitted to the table but thankfully most of the European countries have said no until Russia realize they can't do what they want without any consequences.
    Shocking behavior that.
    I mean nobody, absolutely nobody; could have ever in a million years expected him to act that way.
    Well, none of his supporters would have, everybody else alive just shrugs and says, "What'd you expect?"

I just don't know how we are going to survive the next 2 years. I have never detested a president as much as I do King Richard Nixon, but Baby boy Trump is really pushing a close second.

How could Trump make being gay, being a Muslim or whatever illegal ??

I do get sick of seeing videos of people who support Trump ( or so they say ) online every day. Like the video that was taken inside a Meijer store in Michigan. Somebody was speaking in Arabic but the cashier asked if they could say it in English then he could help. OMG OMG and OMG...the responses were terrible everyone was slamming the cashier because he lived in Michigan and could NOT speak Arabic and of course that cashier must support Trump !! I guess had he supported Clinton he would be talking in Arabic. SIGH

His actions as of late are getting scary. Nothing good will come from this man, absolutely nothing.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    His actions as of late are getting scary. Nothing good will come from this man, absolutely nothing.
    Scary, as of late?
    Oh - I guess maybe you mean scarier as he gets more and more unhinged.

And I have to say that for him to get even more unhinged requires remarkable psychological gymnastics.
    It's like light suddenly travelling faster.

Scary, as of late?
    Oh - I guess maybe you mean scarier as he gets more and more unhinged.

And I have to say that for him to get even more unhinged requires remarkable psychological gymnastics.
    It's like light suddenly travelling faster.
    LOL How much more unhinged can he get ! As for his travel plans, off the planet would be nice.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    LOL How much more unhinged can he get ! As for his travel plans, off the planet would be nice.
    Probably more than sane people can imagine.

Which planet?
    Yeah - he should buy some planet somewhere and open a cosmic golf course and resort there.
    He could travel back and forth a lot - something 10-15 light years out ought to be about right.

That sounds good. Have you seen the photo from the G7 summit ? Angela Merkel and others look like their ready to jump the table and strangle him. Et tu, my fellow leaders ? That was a missed opportunity ! https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.d6b51266c0c5
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 06-10-2018 at 05:11 PM.