Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 35424344
Results 2,151 to 2,180 of 2180

Thread: President Donald Trump

  1. #2151
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,000
    Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like we're about to hear that the Reichstag has been burned down?
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  2. #2152
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like we're about to hear that the Reichstag has been burned down?
    Wouldn't surprise me. I'm mad enough to light the torch.

  3. #2153
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,922
    Nationalist?
    No surprise there - some of the best known dictators and despot wannabe's have been Nationalists.

    But in this case it doesn't matter.

    Trump is no more a Nationalist than he is a conservative or a Christian.
    He's merely the most ardent worshiper at the altar of Trump, with no guiding philosophy outside of "Me".

    It's just a label to toss around because he thinks the already duped will be further duped into thinking it's a statement of patriotism; and all indications are that they will be.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  4. #2154
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,000
    I am teaching Oedipus the King tonight, and something really struck me about this mythical TYRANT. Does the following remind you of anybody?

    "I know you are all sick, yet there is not one of you, sick though you are, that is as sick as I myself."
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  5. #2155
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    I am teaching Oedipus the King tonight, and something really struck me about this mythical TYRANT. Does the following remind you of anybody?

    "I know you are all sick, yet there is not one of you, sick though you are, that is as sick as I myself."
    He is relating to the people in this quote. Though they suffer, he feels their pain because he suffers as well. Somehow I don't think that is what you were going for.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

  6. #2156
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,566
    Read a thingy on FB that said (paraphrased): "No one has a stone to cast against Trump." (Because no one is without sin). Buuut, I guess it's okay for repubs to cast stones at dems. It went on to say that Trump wasn't perfect, but he was perfect for the job. Barf. He could kill someone, and his supporters would have a ready word of support, slap him on the back, and hee haw.

  7. #2157
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,757
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Read a thingy on FB that said (paraphrased): "No one has a stone to cast against Trump." (Because no one is without sin). Buuut, I guess it's okay for repubs to cast stones at dems. It went on to say that Trump wasn't perfect, but he was perfect for the job. Barf. He could kill someone, and his supporters would have a ready word of support, slap him on the back, and hee haw.
    Thank You for pointing this all out because Trump only cares about
    himself and Ivanka.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  8. #2158
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,060
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Thank You for pointing this all out because Trump only cares about
    himself and Ivanka.
    And his sheeple are devoted to him. Hitler, Jim Jones, Manson all had theirs mesmerized into believing everything they said was true. Listen only to me.
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

  9. #2159
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,566
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Thank You for pointing this all out because Trump only cares about
    himself and Ivanka.
    You're welcome, and you're right.

  10. #2160
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,922
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Thank You for pointing this all out because Trump only cares about
    himself and Ivanka.
    I'm not sure about the Ivanka part.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    And his sheeple are devoted to him. Hitler, Jim Jones, Manson all had theirs mesmerized into believing everything they said was true. Listen only to me.
    Yet they can't see it - everybody else is wrong about him.

    I'll be out of town on election day.
    I'm going to the courthouse tomorrow to cast an absentee ballot.

    I've been know to vote a straight party line in several elections.
    I'll be doing that again - but it's the first time I'll be voting for Democrats.

    Anyone belonging to the party that supports this guy needs to be cast out, they aren't fit for public service and are worthy only of condemnation.

    I'm in the printing and mailing business - I've mailed probably 3 million pieces of political mail over the last three or four weeks.
    The common thread with the Republican candidates is that they tout their integrity, their honesty, their support for Christian and family values, and their support for Trump so that he can make America great again.

    WTF?

    Anyone so intellectually dishonest and flawed as to be able to connect those disparate dots is not someone I could ever vote for - they lack integrity, credibility, honesty and old-fashioned good sense.

    Back before Trump, when people told lies they tried to at least make them somewhat believable, that's not necessary any more - his followers will believe anything; which is what got him elected in the first place.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  11. #2161
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,000
    And the Asshole in Chief is going to Pittsburgh today.

    Because of course he is.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  12. #2162
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    And the Asshole in Chief is going to Pittsburgh today.

    Because of course he is.
    Naturally.
    Would you expect anything else.

    I would - a good, old-fashioned, political rally right in front of the synagogue - he can rally his faithful and and spew more of his BS.
    He has to do that pretty often after all, that's one of the responsibilities when leading a cult.
    For a lot of those people it either bears repeating, or it's like the first time they've ever heard it; every time they hear it.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  13. #2163
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,155
    https://www.facebook.com/arizonasfam...00010708119100 peaceful protest the day of Trump's visit.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

  14. #2164
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,000
    Bonespur is already trying to explain away what might be bad Midterm results on Tuesday.

    Says "two maniacs" stopped Republicans' momentum.

    Obviously could have more accurately called them "two of my supporters, who also happen to be maniacs."

    https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/01/polit...uri/index.html
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  15. #2165
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,566
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Read a thingy on FB that said (paraphrased): "No one has a stone to cast against Trump." (Because no one is without sin). Buuut, I guess it's okay for repubs to cast stones at dems. It went on to say that Trump wasn't perfect, but he was perfect for the job. Barf. He could kill someone, and his supporters would have a ready word of support, slap him on the back, and hee haw.
    Sooo, I read friend's post dissing Abrams. Sooooo I replied: Why is it wrong to cast stones at Trump but not at Abrams. (((Crickets)))) I'm going to continue asking that every time someone "throws a stone" at liberals. Because it pisses me off.

  16. #2166
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Obviously could have more accurately called them "two of my supporters, who also happen to be maniacs."

    https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/01/polit...uri/index.html
    That would be redundant.
    He could have just stopped with, "two of my supporters".

    Or maybe, "two of my supporters who seem to be action-oriented literalists".

    It's likely to get worse now that the fringe has a national political party to call home and a president who represents, normalizes and encourages them.
    If the synagogue shooter had been killed during the attack, Trump and his Fringe Party might have lost a supporter, but they would have found their Horst Wessel.
    Last edited by JimC; 11-02-2018 at 04:31 AM.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  17. #2167
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,757
    Donald Trump is a pure evil person.
    He has eyes of a devil and teeth like
    a wolf.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  18. #2168
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,366
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Donald Trump is a pure evil person.
    He has eyes of a devil and teeth like
    a wolf.
    Lol, Sneaky comes to mind as well. JMO

  19. #2169
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,922
    Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    Lol, Sneaky comes to mind as well. JMO
    He doesn't have to be sneaky, clever, or truthful.
    His supporters don't care about any of that, and those of us not already fooled by him never will be; no matter how sneaky or clever he might become.
    Truthfulness has no place in discussions of Trump so it's never going to be a factor.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  20. #2170
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,566

    Dems Take House, Breaking GOPs Total Control of House

    WASHINGTON - Democrats took control of the House of Representatives on Tuesday night, a victory that will transform a Republican-controlled chamber that supported and protected President Donald Trump into a legislative body ready to challenge and investigate him.


    https://www.ajc.com/business/democra...rnGlB2l9NSJHN/

  21. #2171
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    WASHINGTON - Democrats took control of the House of Representatives on Tuesday night, a victory that will transform a Republican-controlled chamber that supported and protected President Donald Trump into a legislative body ready to challenge and investigate him.


    https://www.ajc.com/business/democra...rnGlB2l9NSJHN/
    I'm feeling a bit of relief tonite, for those who have been racially targeted lately, those who may be lgbtq, those of us on social security/medicare/medicaid, women of the #metoo movement. I know we have a long road ahead, but I'm feeling a bit of relief.

  22. #2172
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,922
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcP View Post
    I'm feeling a bit of relief tonite, for those who have been racially targeted lately, those who may be lgbtq, those of us on social security/medicare/medicaid, women of the #metoo movement. I know we have a long road ahead, but I'm feeling a bit of relief.
    I'm not.
    Too many people are still responding to appeals to fear and hatred - base emotions - as if what's good for one can only come at the expense of another.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  23. #2173
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,000
    I'm pleased that the polling was mostly accurate (as opposed to 2016), and the Democrats actually DID take the House as per forecast. Remains to be seen how big the margin is. I would love it if they could get to 230.

    Of course this feeling is somewhat dampened by the knowledge that my fellow Tennesseans elected that Bonespur hand-puppet Marsha Blackburn. I looked at it county by county, and unless it was an "urban" area she mostly got over 70%. What a state I live in.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  24. #2174
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,001
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    WASHINGTON - Democrats took control of the House of Representatives on Tuesday night, a victory that will transform a Republican-controlled chamber that supported and protected President Donald Trump into a legislative body ready to challenge and investigate him.


    https://www.ajc.com/business/democra...rnGlB2l9NSJHN/
    Which will cause the (D)'s to lose the House in 2020. People want Congress to address their issues NOT investigation, investigation, investigation. I want health care, not investigations. I want us out of the wars, not investigation.

    If the (D)'s pick Pelosi and spend two years doing nothing but wasting millions on investigations, they lose again in 2020.

  25. #2175
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    I'm pleased that the polling was mostly accurate (as opposed to 2016), and the Democrats actually DID take the House as per forecast. Remains to be seen how big the margin is. I would love it if they could get to 230.

    Of course this feeling is somewhat dampened by the knowledge that my fellow Tennesseans elected that Bonespur hand-puppet Marsha Blackburn. I looked at it county by county, and unless it was an "urban" area she mostly got over 70%. What a state I live in.
    This.

  26. #2176
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,922
    And the people in my state are voting for Republicans who can't seem to dredge up anything more to offer by way of qualification than that they support Trump, and that they too want to Make America Great Again; while saying that their Dem opponents favor unregulated immigration and abortion.

    Oh, and also that the Dems lie while they believe in honesty, integrity and fairness to all.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  27. #2177
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,566
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    And the people in my state are voting for Republicans who can't seem to dredge up anything more to offer by way of qualification than that they support Trump, and that they too want to Make America Great Again; while saying that their Dem opponents favor unregulated immigration and abortion.

    Oh, and also that the Dems lie while they believe in honesty, integrity and fairness to all.
    This.

  28. #2178
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,000
    Jim Acosta of CNN got his credntials taken away because he dared to challenge Bonespur at his press conference. First it was Megyn Kelly; now he can't bear to be in the same room as a scary ol' CNN reporter. As Bill Maher so aptly put it, what a whiny little bitch!
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  29. #2179
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Jim Acosta of CNN got his credntials taken away because he dared to challenge Bonespur at his press conference. First it was Megyn Kelly; now he can't bear to be in the same room as a scary ol' CNN reporter. As Bill Maher so aptly put it, what a whiny little bitch!
    He should stick to keeping company with dictators and porn stars.
    You venture outside of your comfort zone and start associating with people who aren't of like mind, there's bound to be some uncomfortable moments; as we are clearly seeing.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  30. #2180
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,060
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    He should stick to keeping company with dictators and porn stars.
    You venture outside of your comfort zone and start associating with people who aren't of like mind, there's bound to be some uncomfortable moments; as we are clearly seeing.
    So true. I loved it when Bill called his wife a catalogue model, bought and paid for from a catalogue.
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •