Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4111213141522 ... LastLast

Thread: Former President Donald Trump

I've always voted, I usually even vote in the primaries.

It saddens me greatly that these two clowns are who we get to choose from.

I would so jump on the bandwagon of a non-insane independent candidate.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quinnipiac has Trump and Clinton statistically tied in three crucial battleground states.

crap..it's supposed to be a moving gif. but don't know how to get that work here lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	498e1a73017e5e4e040e468bdf3242f13649fbf30d746b94459a7c9c9868b0ff_1.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	53725  
    Last edited by PiggyTx; 05-10-2016 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    You just can't debate apparent brain damage.
    It is funny because what got me back on the Trump/Hitler topic was my comment about wife's FB and the liberals she knows who play that card. My wife pointed out the same thing I did about FDR and no one challenged her. What they did do was make derogatory comments like the one above and some unfriended her. Good Riddance I say.

You just can't debate apparent brain damage.
    Drain Bamage

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    It is funny because what got me back on the Trump/Hitler topic was my comment about wife's FB and the liberals she knows who play that card. My wife pointed out the same thing I did about FDR and no one challenged her. What they did do was make derogatory comments like the one above and some unfriended her. Good Riddance I say.
    Liberals usually confuse real arguments with ad hominems
    Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by SRVFan View Post
    Drain Bamage
    DAIN BRAMMAGE!

Damn; don't they teech spelling in skool anymore?
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

They don't give out cards anymore?

I'm not advocating for it. Just curious.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    They don't give out cards anymore?

I'm not advocating for it. Just curious.
    According to my inbox, they do - unless you call people fucking idiots....You better not double post though!

Oh, btw, SRV, how is your alter Richard Cranium doing these days?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Oh, btw, SRV, how is your alter Richard Cranium doing these days?

I have no alter anything. Maybe if you would answer threads that have been reported because someone is calling people fucking idiots people wouldn't respond like this. Don't pretend people on this forum aren't discussing things in private messages when there appears to be a double standard depending on who the posters are because there are several of us who are doing so. Now, go ahead an card me again so I can be banned. You quick to do it this morning when Kate's post has been reported for several days with nothing done.

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post

crap..it's supposed to be a moving gif. but don't know how to get that work here lol.
    Right on the money

I gest the jist, Dude

Heard a great Trump joke the other day:

Both of his wives were immigrants. Guess that proves there really are some jobs that immigrants will do that Americans won't.

No tirades please. That shit is funny whether you're into politics or not.

lol right on

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    I gest the jist, Dude

Both of his wives were immigrants. Guess that proves there really are some jobs that immigrants will do that Americans won't.

LOL! That's actually the funniest thing I've read all day. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    I gest the jist, Dude

Funny joke, although he was also married to Marla Maples, who is American AF.

Also, Trump used to pretend to be his own PR man, telling reporters how awesome his "boss" was. What a loser.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/13/politi...ess/index.html
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

17. 05-15-2016, 02:40 AM
    Reason
    User banned for having dupe account (Tracy31)

When attacking his politics doesn't work, go for the personal and the weird. No one cares and attacks seem to make him more popular.

When attacking his politics doesn't work, go for the personal and the weird. No one cares and attacks seem to make him more popular.
    The Clinton and Sanders' camps can't seem to comprehend that he's getting support because we're sick of politics as usual, most especially their history of these types of attacks.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

The Clinton and Sanders' camps can't seem to comprehend that he's getting support because we're sick of politics as usual, most especially their history of these types of attacks.
    Don't know what election you all have been following, but all Trump has DONE for the last year is make mean-spirited irrelevant personal attacks on his opponents. If that's "politics as usual," Trump is the most usual of them all. Honestly personal attacks have been the backbone of Trump's campaign. I would write the equation as:

Trump's campaign = personal attacks on his opponents + appeals to bigotry against brown people + vague bullshit about "making America great again"

In contrast to, say, claiming that it was "disgusting" that Clinton had to use the facilities, the "John Miller" story is perfectly relevant, in that it speaks to character, or the lack thereof. (I could also point out the story didn't come from Clinton's or Sanders' camps, but why don't we just PRETEND I did that, and got the obligatory, tired "liberal media" response.)

IMO voting for someone because they're "not a politician" makes about as much sense as having a random person off the street perform surgery on you, because you're sick of all those "medical insiders."

But in the interest of equal time, I am including a statement from a Trump supporter:

http://www.theonion.com/blogpost/yee...ut-yalls-11030
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

I say this painfully:

If things go the way it looks like they will; I'll be voting for Hillary.

I think she'll be less dangerous; she's the lesser of the evils; I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I say this painfully:

If things go the way it looks like they will; I'll be voting for Hillary.

I think she'll be less dangerous; she's the lesser of the evils; I believe.
    I don't like any of them Period.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Hi Cindy, I feel the same way, I feel they all are potentially dangerous..One a bit more than the other two, But all of them could be detrimental.
    JMO.

IMO voting for someone because they're "not a politician" makes about as much sense as having a random person off the street perform surgery on you, because you're sick of all those "medical insiders."
    I get what you are saying about the personal attacks and I see the hypocrisy of myself pointing that out but I have to disagree on this statement above. A doctor performing surgery is not analogous at all to a politician politicing (I might have made up that word). The founding fathers meant for politicians to come out of every day society, serve a term or two and then get out so someone else can have a go. It wasn't meant to be the career that it has become. Reason being was to avoid what happens today. Politicians saying whatever they need to in order to stay in power and then giving whatever they need to to those who paid to get them there.

Whether you like him, hate him or otherwise no one can deny that he is outside of that. Does that make for a better candidate? Who knows but at the very minimum it explains his appeal. As for the Trump supporters statement, won't even read it. There are knuckleheads all over the place voting for every candidate. Trying to get a Sanders supporter to explain how you can get all the free stuff while making others pay for is like asking a toddler to explain calculus.

Me either.

I figure at this point that I vote for Hillary or I don't vote. My head's still spinning over it.

I voted against Bill Clinton twice back in the day. Damn but he's looking pretty Presidential by comparison right now. I'd be thrilled to have him as an option now.

Me either.

I figure at this point that I vote for Hillary or I don't vote. My head's still spinning over it.

I voted against Bill Clinton twice back in the day. Damn but he's looking pretty Presidential by comparison right now. I'd be thrilled to have him as an option now.

ITA. I could live fine with 4 more years of Obama. He didn't pinch my life at all.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Don't know what election you all have been following, but all Trump has DONE for the last year is make mean-spirited irrelevant personal attacks on his opponents. If that's "politics as usual," Trump is the most usual of them all. Honestly personal attacks have been the backbone of Trump's campaign. I would write the equation as:

Trump's campaign = personal attacks on his opponents + appeals to bigotry against brown people + vague bullshit about "making America great again"

In contrast to, say, claiming that it was "disgusting" that Clinton had to use the facilities, the "John Miller" story is perfectly relevant, in that it speaks to character, or the lack thereof. (I could also point out the story didn't come from Clinton's or Sanders' camps, but why don't we just PRETEND I did that, and got the obligatory, tired "liberal media" response.)

But in the interest of equal time, I am including a statement from a Trump supporter:

http://www.theonion.com/blogpost/yee...ut-yalls-11030
    Great post!

Scares the hell out of me that these fucking idiots think having a "non politician" is a good idea.
    Stupid stupid fuckers

ITA. I could live fine with 4 more years of Obama. He didn't pinch my life at all.
    Yeah, same here - all in all I think the guy has done an OK job.

Certainly; my early on predictions of epic buffoonery were way off the mark.

I don't know I have a few gripes about Obama's performance but other than that he's been okay.

Trump Protesters in Albuquerque

Smashed windows, clashed with police etc......

These aren't really protesters at all, just thugs looking for an excuse to get crazy. These people are actually helping Trump by drawing the line that says your either one of them (Trump supporter), or one of us.
    It is also note worthy that you see a lot of flags at these protests. Black Lives Matter flags, rainbow flags, Mexican flags, everything but the American flag.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/24/politi...esters-police/

I don't know if I've ever posted this here but

human Guest
    I can remember saying ages ago that Trump (peace be upon him) is the chosen one & everyone round here hating on him .... but now people are calling him the holy savior of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    I can remember saying ages ago that Trump (peace be upon him) is the chosen one & everyone round here hating on him .... but now people are calling him the holy savior of the universe
    I don't know, call me crazy - I have a sneaking suspicion that he's not the holy savior of the universe.

But hey; I have been wrong a time or two so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I think he's probably a buffoon but he's a better buffoon than the democrats and that's pretty sad.
    Minerva

everyone round here hating on him ....
    Not everyone.

Look, who knows how this will end up. So many factors are involved such as who he surrounds himself with and whether he listens to their suggestions. You don't get to where he is in business by surrounding yourself with yes men/women. You build a team of people who are experts in their fields and you listen to them, then go from there.

That's Obama's biggest flaw. I believe Obama believed Obamacare would lower premiums because he believed the knucklehead who was only willing to tell him what he wanted to hear. After that, he refused to believe the reality as it happened and has the audacity to defend it because despite what the numbers say, his people told him it would work so of course it works.

It's like Hillary's College Plan. It will cost 350 Billion over 10 years and she'll pay for it by limiting certain deductions. The reality is that we have a debt of 19 Trillion dollars and that means your not paying for shit. The 350 Billion will just add to that which means the same kids it is meant to help, will end up inheriting the debt anyway. It is either one of two things. Either no one explained what I just said or she knows and thinks that the people are too stupid to realize she's robbing Peter to pay Peter.

You all do know that we've lost the ability to protect traffic in the South China Sea (and, as a consequence, countries bordering it) during Obama the ward heeler's term in office, that the Chinese are now in control of that area? So, I'm sure some wag here will say "Duh, it is the 'South China Sea', so I guess they have a right to it." Yeah, right, genius, depend on a government that has no freedom of press and see how far that argument gets you. Anyone here that voted for that former and continuing recruiter of illegal votes deserves what's coming should Hillary, his controlled copy, succeed him.

Quote Originally Posted by MurkyWaters View Post
    You all do know that we've lost the ability to protect traffic in the South China Sea (and, as a consequence, countries bordering it) during Obama the ward heeler's term in office, that the Chinese are now in control of that area? So, I'm sure some wag here will say "Duh, it is the 'South China Sea', so I guess they have a right to it." Yeah, right, genius, depend on a government that has no freedom of press and see how far that argument gets you. Anyone here that voted for that former and continuing recruiter of illegal votes deserves what's coming should Hillary, his controlled copy, succeed him.
    Amen!
    Minerva

human Guest
    yea he is an alpha male & that's what the world needs to represent freedom ... I'm tired of American's having to run off crying every time the rest of the world starts laughing at them

yea he is an alpha male & that's what the world needs to represent freedom ... I'm tired of American's having to run off crying every time the rest of the world starts laughing at them
    The UK is looking for one just like him.
    Minerva

The UK is looking for one just like him.
    Every country in Europe needs them at the moment. We are facing a worse dictatorship than the Nazi occupation. Hitler was at least elected, the EU Council members are "appointed dictators" without any democratic process behind them.
    Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis

human Guest
    ahhh Obama has set race relations back a hundred years

Quote Originally Posted by jerryvr View Post
    Every country in Europe needs them at the moment. We are facing a worse dictatorship than the Nazi occupation. Hitler was at least elected, the EU Council members are "appointed dictators" without any democratic process behind them.
    No kidding! With all the movement throughout Europe at this time, I'm afraid anyone who hasn't already been to Europe is too late to see it when it was good. The "wild, wild, west" will seem calm by comparison.
    Minerva

In an interview today, Stephen Hawking (brilliant guy, IMO) remarked that Trump was a demagogue who apparently appeals to the lowest common denominator. In spite of being able to understand and explain some of the most complex concepts ever imagined; Hawking cannot understand the popularity of Trump.

In Trump's defense however; Hawking did say that Trump is not the biggest danger in the world - he labeled human induced climate change as having that distinction.

I'm guessing he was just talking about the long term there.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/31/politi...ump-demagogue/

On the other hand; the North Koreans seem to think that Trump is a pretty swell guy:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-donald-trump/

Clearly Hawking is brilliant but that doesn't mean he has to be believed every time he types.
    Minerva

human Guest
    personally I find Hawking's religious meditations on meta physics & artificial intelligence nearly as funny as his unified field theory on Trump
    Last edited by human; 06-01-2016 at 05:05 AM.

In an interview today, Stephen Hawking (brilliant guy, IMO) remarked that Trump was a demagogue who apparently appeals to the lowest common denominator. In spite of being able to understand and explain some of the most complex concepts ever imagined; Hawking cannot understand the popularity of Trump.

In Trump's defense however; Hawking did say that Trump is not the biggest danger in the world - he labeled human induced climate change as having that distinction.

I'm guessing he was just talking about the long term there.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/31/politi...ump-demagogue/

On the other hand; the North Koreans seem to think that Trump is a pretty swell guy:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-donald-trump/

I've learned that brilliance in one field of expertise doesn't translate to brilliance in another. Hawking is as qualified to speak intelligently on american politics as Kaley Cuoco is on the behavioral expectations of the lowland gorilla IMO. As far as North Korea is concerned, they view the lack of Trump's political experience as a position of weakness. I see it as a strength.

I've learned that brilliance in one field of expertise doesn't translate to brilliance in another. Hawking is as qualified to speak intelligently on american politics as Kaley Cuoco is on the behavioral expectations of the lowland gorilla IMO. As far as North Korea is concerned, they view the lack of Trump's political experience as a position of weakness. I see it as a strength.
    Who actually even gives a crap what he thinks? Honestly, he can't vote and his country is being over run with people seeking free benefits. Not to mention the terrorist threats that will be taking over this summer. Seems to me he should be worried about the UK.
    Minerva

Who actually even gives a crap what he thinks? Honestly, he can't vote and his country is being over run with people seeking free benefits. Not to mention the terrorist threats that will be taking over this summer. Seems to me he should be worried about the UK.
    I don't particularly care about his opinion either - I just happen to agree with it. I think he'll be proven correct. Anyway, he didn't just decide to up and offer that insight - he was specifically asked about it during an interview for whatever reason.

Expertise comes from acquired knowledge; brilliance can't be learned. Now I have to be misinterpreting your comment. It sounds almost like you're saying that Hawking's lack of political knowledge and experience render his comment to be without merit; but Trump's lack of political knowledge and experience render him a good candidate for the highest political office in the land; maybe in the world.

I think the North Koreans "like" him because he apparently said that he'll pull our troops out of the South. I think Hawking just sees him for what he is.

We all have our opinions for whatever reasons we chose to hold them.

It sounds almost like you're saying that Hawking's lack of political knowledge and experience render his comment to be without merit; but Trump's lack of political knowledge and experience render him a good candidate for the highest political office in the land; maybe in the world.
    Being a member of the elite, he could be forgiven for not comprehending working class angst, and even if he could, he'd likely be indifferent.

I don't particularly care about his opinion either - I just happen to agree with it. I think he'll be proven correct. Anyway, he didn't just decide to up and offer that insight - he was specifically asked about it during an interview for whatever reason.

Expertise comes from acquired knowledge; brilliance can't be learned. Now I have to be misinterpreting your comment. It sounds almost like you're saying that Hawking's lack of political knowledge and experience render his comment to be without merit; but Trump's lack of political knowledge and experience render him a good candidate for the highest political office in the land; maybe in the world.

I think the North Koreans "like" him because he apparently said that he'll pull our troops out of the South. I think Hawking just sees him for what he is.

We all have our opinions for whatever reasons we chose to hold them.
    I'll have to choose my words more carefully in the future but I think you know where I was headed on the Hawking comment. We wants to talk space and physics, I'll listen all day long. He wants to talk politics or religion, I'm not interested. As far as Trump is concerned, he's the least "qualified" candidate in the race. I just think that might be exactly what we need. Being a professional politician is far different from the worthy statesmen of old.

If Trump is elected and does a good job, it will be interesting to see if people start voting out professional politicians. I think
    Trump's popularity is showing the establishment that we're stick and tired of politicians.
    Minerva