Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: Sound Off & Introduce Yourself

Guest Guest
    I'm From Adelaide, Australia. Been visiting the FAD website for some years now, good to see there's a forum!

Carolann Guest

Thumbs up Hi y'all from Texas

Hi from the great State Of Texas. I was looking for some info on Dan Dailey and Betty Grable when I came across FAD several years ago; and have been a loyal fan ever since. It has been a great source of info, and now having this board makes it even better. It is great to be able to talk to others with the same interest. Thanks Scott for this scathingly brilliant addition to your fantastic site!!

Bobpeck56 Guest
    Hello, I'm Bob from Ohio. Been following FAD for several years, and have found it informative and fascinating! Looking forward to the forums!

Ms. K Guest
    Kate, from Southern California.

I have GOT to take the Tour sometime (Scott, I really do mean that, I'm going to take the Tour). But I do so love famous deaths and the stories behind them.

My fascination started when I read Helter Skelter when I was twelve. Twenty years later, and I'm still deep in the life.

Kathyf Guest
    My name is kathy I have been visiting Findadeath for years. This message board is great!

djdeath-hag Guest
    Dennis from Tampa......don't know how I'd spent so many years exhausting my time with Find-A-Grave and somehow never knew that FAD existed until last month. Now that I've become addicted to the site & received Dearly Departed on DVD in yesterdays mail....it's just a matter of time before I find an excuse & the resources to visit LA & take the tour. I feel like I have found a home on the web....and hope that Scott won't mind me saying that I'm glad that we bat for the same team...would love to have cocktails and dish death with him....."as we do"!

Laurie Guest
    Hey everyone! I'm Laurie from Orange County, CA. I've been reading Scott's page for so long that I can't remember a time when I didn't know about it. I've turned a few friends onto the FAD webpage - even brought them along for Scott's tour which was fab! I'm taking the tour again next year with some out-of-state friends (it's a "must see" if you're ever in the LA area). I'm fascinated with history and people - both famous and non-famous alike. In my spare time I research genealogy (for myself and friends) which is also cemetery related. I'm always trying to dig up the dirt on someone. Basically, I'm Gladys Kravitz with an internet connection.

Glad to meet you all!

Filmmaker78 Guest
    Hi! I'm Mike and I direct the Dearly Departed DVDs with Scott. I found out about Scott in a very convoluted fashion. I went to Arizona State University and I did a lot of driving over the years across the desert between Phoenix and SoCal. I had planned to take my time at least once and photograph the abandoned gas stations that dot the highway out in the desert. Finally, on a trip to either Phoenix or Las Vegas, I stopped at a few stations and photographed them.

While walking behind one of these old stations, on the back wall I found some graffiti, and one of the "tags" was the URL for the Death Clock site. When I got home, I checked the Death Clock site, linked over to FAD from there, got hooked, and eventually took the tour with my mom on one of her weekend visits to L.A.

At the time of the tour, I was living in Albert Dekker's building. A few months later, I asked Scott if he'd be interested in shooting a pilot for a TV series that my producing partner and I could shop around. He said "yes", and that's how we got the footage inside Albert Dekker's apartment that appears on the first DD DVD. The TV pitches got us into a few networks, but nothing was happening so we decided to turn the show idea into a DVD series... and the rest is history.

So, hi.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I'm a longtime Death Hag, on my second sticker (hey, the lease on the car was up!) and I'm fascinated with all mysterious deaths. My friends used to think I was wacky, now they prod me for the scoop.

I'm located 40 minutes from the Motor City. Significance: Also 40 minutes from the Jenny Jones murder site. Heh.
    Last edited by Mrs. Watson; 10-05-2007 at 11:12 PM.

knothere Guest
    theotherlondon.......Mrs. Lombardo was my gr 3 teacher at Chesley Ave P S (Guy's sister-in-law) i think she's in her 90's

Headhunter Guest
    Hello from the other side of the water here, the good old cold and wet UK.
    Found this site while trying to find the death scene footage for Vic Morrow and keep coming back for more.......

Howdy girl!

I hail from Austin!

neil p Guest
    Greetings to all from the United kingdom, glad to have an opportunity to comment and share with all the other find-a-death fanatics! Good work Scott and all the other contributors, keep it up!

Mavros Guest
    It's nice to see everyone here. Hi.

Guest Guest
    Houston in the house

16. 10-06-2007, 06:02 AM
    Reason
    messed it up

17. 10-06-2007, 06:03 AM
    Reason
    messed it up too duno how to quote ppl sorry

18. 10-06-2007, 09:28 AM

seamuskaxen Guest
    Hi, I´m from Sweden, I´ve been a death Hag for as long as I can remember. And I visit F.A.D almost every day, I have bought the dvd and I´m going to give myself that for Christmas.

Ditto ....from Houston as well! Hiya Everyone!

DFW.

Our State Fair is a great State Fair. Don't miss it. Don't even be late.

Daphne Guest
    Hey there, I am Daphne- new Death Hag from Northern California. I found FAD a few months back and have been hooked on it ever since. I do have this fascination for this stuff and was SO HAPPY to find others do to! Hello to all!

I also want to thank Scott for his hard work on this sight, and recognizing there is a whole buncha us DH's out there!

Carolann Guest
    Fool Moon, spent the day there yesterday.I had not been in 20 years. Much different than when I was a kid back in the 50's and 60's. My mom would give me 5 bucks and I came home with change, now a coke cost that or more. Took my 15 year old granddaughter for her first trip and she loved it. Everyone should go once!

Carolann Guest
    Glad to see Texas well represented here! Nice to meet all of you!

Armcast Guest

Hey Y'all!

I'm from Mission...in the always hot and sunny Rio Grande Valley!

It's good to see Texas folks on here...

candleinthewind Guest
    I live in Austin, but I'm from NJ and my husband is from Las Cruces, NM. We always wanted to be Texans because the people here are so nice and we always felt comfortable here. Two years ago we sold everything and moved to Austin to start over. It's a great place to raise a family.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool Moon View Post
    DFW.

Our State Fair is a great State Fair. Don't miss it. Don't even be late.
    I went last year for the first time, but my ex decided to get there too late and I missed seeing all the exhibits. So I had some fried green tomatoes, a fletcher corny dog, and a funnel cake, rode a couple rides (including that HUGE ass ferris wheel - the Texas Star)and played a few games on the midway - that was my Texas Fair day!

I'll probably go again sometime - altho not this year.

28. 10-06-2007, 06:44 PM

I am a Dallas Cowboy fan...does that count?
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by amaranthaseven View Post
    Hi, I'm a fellow FAD addict! *waves*

I have a fascination with all things Victorian (and I'm a bit of an American Civil War buff, so the whole mid- to end-19th Century is a big fascination), especially all their ceremony about death. I'm collecting books and other things on the subject.

I'm Amy and I live in the Boston area, by the way. My big goal this year is to stay at the Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast in not very far away Fall River (hopefully in the room in which Lizzie's stepmother met her messy end) and take lots of pics.

Screwtape, your store looks very cool. I've bookmarked it!

Cheers,
    Amy
    Just wanted to say hi from Maine...My big claim to fame is that the step mother who got whacked is related to my family on my grandmothers side. Not many people in the 'real world' knows who that is, so I am so happy to be in this place. Hope to hear from all of you...feel free to drop a line or two
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post
    Hi all- I'm from Fond du Lac, WI. I've been reading FAD for a few years now, and my husband thinks I'm some sort of kook for it. So, its nice to be around more kooks who share my interest.

Many thanks for the great site and forum. Now I don't feel so alone...
    Love the Name!!!

doll Guest
    i'm from austin too. rock on, y'all!

Carolann Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nytkrew View Post
    I am a Dallas Cowboy fan...does that count?
    Hell Yeah!

Hello from Cape Cod! I've been visiting FAD for a few years, glad to see the new forum.

GroundedSoul Guest
    Hey everyone! I found FAD forever ago working in a really boring office all by my lonesome...I think I was all of 20 years old (26 now)! I was so thrilled tonight to log on after a busy week to check on Scott and see a new forum!! Everyone of my friends is freaked out by my fascination with dead celebrities, good to know there's plenty more of you out there to back me up!

Hi all! I'm Trang, T for short. I came upon this site by researching Brandon Lee, though I've always been fascinated with celebrity death, I think I was in Middle School and we were in US History my teacher would always love to talk about how people died or got executed or disease and all that, it was pretty intriguing. Though the celebrity part was when we reached the age of Rudolph Valentino, I was always a fan but his death really intrigued me from there I became obsessed. LOL

Guest Guest
    Oh my all this time this thread was here and I kept passing it up, wtf is wrong with me. Anyways, I'm Tanya, like you all I'm addicted to this wonderful forum " Thank you my dearest Scott " I'm easy to get along with, easy to talk to, I don't bite : much : We are going to become a big happy family here aren't we? I think I need to buy a bigger turkey for Thanksgiving.

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    Greetings, all!

I'm Becca, and I live in San Diego, California. I've been an avid reader/fan of FAD for many years, and have literally "Read the site" more than once through.

I've also turned on a few friends to FAD, and have hooked quite a few of them into the site by showing off what I consider my only "Claim to fame"...My email quoted in the Andy Kaufman story on FAD.

Thanks to Scott for putting this place up for us death hags to get together and socialize! It's awesome to have a place where we can all interject our own knowledge and opinions on these stories.

Be well, and I look forward to getting to know everyone around here!

~Becca~

MillieDeathHagonwheels Guest
    Hi,

My name is Millie and I've just joined, As you can see by my name I am a death hag like the rest of you, only difference is, I drive an electric wheelchair lol. I've been a death hag for years and am always checking out Scott's site. Looking forward to chatting.

Millie

Albertadude Guest
    Well I am Devon and I confess a longtime reader! I hail from the best and richest province in Canada, Alberta..Yee haa....I work indirectly with the massive oil industry up here and the money is good to say the least....very blessed........I love ancient and biblical history and have spent many of my years studying islam and its various texts! Used to have many years ago a Turkish muslim gal....now happily married to a wonderful classy lady that puts up with my nocturnal pursuits!
    I love reading bios of famous or infamous people...just finished reading Bios on Stalin and Mao Tse Sung......probably why I enjoy this site...the demise of famous people....

My favority or most impacting FAD article hear was the one on John Denver..terribly say but such gruesome details....a siren song to my being I suppose!!

knothere Guest
    set me a plate sweetsumthin
    lol
    Happy Thanksgiving All Us Death Hags

katspjs Guest
    Hi, I am Kimberly from FL. I think I was born a Death Hag! I can remember being obsessed with Marilyn Monroe's and Jean Harlow's deaths at a very young age, around 8. I read everything I could get my hands on. Even did an oral presentation in Jr High on why Marilyn was murdered. When anyone dies, I need all the dirt and love, love , love Scott's site. Nice to be amongst others who share this macabre interest.

pamaloo Guest
    Hi all....I'm Pam from Ohio. First forum I've ever joined....so happy to be a part of it! Glad to know there are others who share the same interest I have. Thought I was weird for awhile and glad to know I'm not! Can't wait to start reading all of your posts! Thanks so much to Scott for the best website ever!

hello, i'm jessica. wichita, ks. 24 years old.

i think i've always been fascinated with the morbid and dark side of things. i've been reading true crime for as long as i can remember, watching horror films and being fascinated with serial killers.

glad to see there are other like-minded people on here!!

Hi everyone,

I am Tracey from Orangeville, Canada. I have been visiting the FAD site for a few years now and absolutely love it! I have always been fascinated with death and was constantly ridiculed for it my whole life. It is great to know that there are many more people like me out there that share my morbid fascination with death, especially celebrity death.

viridescence Guest
    Hi! I'm Viridescence, live in Georgia, work in an academic library. I have been a death hag as long as I can remember and was overjoyed to stumble upon Find a Death a few years ago. I'm definitely interested in celebrity, especially old Hollywood, as well as unusual deaths. If I ever make it out there I'll have to take the tour!

I'm so glad to see this forum and be able to discuss this stuff with others.

Layla331 Guest
    Hiya all..I'm Layla..and so glad to find a bunch of people as "weird" as I am..im always told how morbid I am..but today i walked through our cemetary bc it is so peaceful and calming...my Grandmother always said..we shouldn't fear the dead..its the living that'll get us..i so agree ..lol...nice to meetcha all!!

Hello to all who pass this way. I'm John. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area in California. I found FAD a few years ago while searching for info on the death of some celebrity. I have always had a fascination with death that was reinforced when I spent 10 years working on an ambulance. I now work nights as a taxi dispatcher which affords me a lot of time on the Internet. I think this forum is great and I love being able to mix with others of a like mind.

Keep up the good work Scott.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carolann Guest
    Hi, I'm Carol from Lewisville, Tx. Same as many of you I have been a death hag for years. I am so happy Scott finally started a forum for this great site.
    I am so glad to be here!!

Jersey Girl Guest

Yo! From New Jersey!

LOL, Hi everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself here to you all. My name is Patty and I am from New Jersey (please don't hold that against me, haha!). I am a Death Hag like all of you and I have been addicted to Find A Death for the past year and a half or so. I'm glad to be aboard!
    Much thanks to Scott, you do a fantastic job!

Hi Patty! I'm Carolyn here in Long Island. Don't hold that against ME!

Nik Guest
    Hello from New York as well. I've been a reader for over a year, and it's nice to see a new forum to post on!

Jersey Girl Guest
    Hi to all you New Yorker's!
    I'm in South Jersey.... about 15 minutes from Philly!

Jersey Girl Guest
    Hi Carolyn! I promise, I won't hold it against you that you're from Long Island.