Thread: Texas child runs over, kills another child

woohoogirl Guest

Texas child runs over, kills another child

From foxnews.com:

BURLESON, Texas â?? Police say a 4-year-old boy in Texas managed to start a van then run over a woman and her 3-week-old child, killing the newborn.
    Police Cmdr. Chris Havens says the mother was hospitalized after the accident Thursday night in Burleson, 10 miles south of Fort Worth.
    Havens did not identify those involved in the accident nor provide details of the mother's condition.
    He says the 4-year-old climbed behind the wheel of the vehicle, started the van and put it in gear. He had a 5-year-old passenger.
    Police say the woman saw what was happening and ran outside with her baby in her arms to try to stop the van. Police did not explain the relationship between the woman and the children in the vehicle.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/01...est=latestnews

So sad..

rjbrasher Guest
    what in the fuck??

just
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

stacebabe Guest
    I suppose I can't judge having not been in this situation, but....

a) How did a 4 and 5 year old have enough time unattended to get into a car and use the keys to start the ignition without mom noticing?

b) Why didn't mom put the baby down? It's not like you can be a human shield - as she sadly found out.

rjbrasher Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    I suppose I can't judge having not been in this situation, but....

a) How did a 4 and 5 year old have enough time unattended to get into a car and use the keys to start the ignition without mom noticing?

b) Why didn't mom put the baby down? It's not like you can be a human shield - as she sadly found out.

exactly, if i had to haul ass outside i would put little bit in its carseat and make sure he is all snuggled in there tight then go outside and see what the hell is going on. Mom should put her keys up high, had the car locked, and for god sakes keep an eye on them!

When my kids are quiet im jumping all over that.

The neighbor should have left the kids roll into traffic. Sometimes you have to put your children first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

stacebabe Guest
    Ohhh - I thought at least one of the 4 + 5 year olds were HER kids, too. I'm sorry, but I wouldn't use myself and my newborn as a human shield for any neighbor. Sorry, call me an awful person, I mean I'd yell and scream as loud as I can, but go near the car? No.

At LEAST put the newborn down on the floor before you run out there.

Good God. Maybe all of these kids were hers?

All the stories I found say it was her 4 year old and that the 4 and 5 year olds were brothers. The infant was their little brother.

woohoogirl Guest
    This is just plain crazy. I can't imagine what she's feeling...to have your preschoolers start the car, run you over, and kill their newborn baby brother...Again, so sad..

monroe62 Guest
    Maybe they wanted a sister?

sablegsd Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by monroe62 View Post
    maybe they wanted a sister?

*snort*

steffie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by monroe62 View Post
    Maybe they wanted a sister?
    bahaaahaaaaa

rjbrasher Guest
    or the 4 year old is like fuck that im not going to be a middle child!