Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peg Entwistle

simon69 Guest

Peg Entwistle

Lisa Slopek-Sinkko responsible for leading a movement on facebook to get Peg a marker. It worked!! It was delivered yesterday and placed today. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=31746046&fbid=1633291717225&id=1384627619

simon69 Guest

simon69 Guest

simon69 Guest
    What a nice thing to do, just shows you how people like Lisa don't forget the famous from the past and keep there memory alive. Kudos to you girl!! I did a search and found Lisa was once a FAD forum member once, long since perma banned? Wow?! Small world, glad to see that people still remember those stars from bygone eras and strive to keep them current in ours. I'm sure when Lisa's time comes Peg and her father will be there at the pearly gates to welcome her in thanking her for her hard work and dedication.

Rudy's Girl Guest
    Very nice gesture....and a lovely marker.

Heavenly Tiger Guest

That was a very generous & thoughtful gesture. The marker is lovely.

way way cool!!!

davidbrown Guest
    That is so very nice!

simon69 Guest

michellezearing Guest
    YAY! Lisa we are all so so proud of you.

orionova Guest
    I think this is fantastic! I do have one question, however. Why does everything seem to refer to Peg as Lillian Millicent Entwhistle, except her stone, which calls her Millicent L. Entwhistle?

phirerednga Guest
    what a wonderful thing to do, it really saddens me when I dont see a marker.

Good for her. That was a cool thing to do.

havoc Guest
    Well done!

You're awesome.....

That's great Lisa! Everyone deserves a marker!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reecy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by michihunt View Post
    That's great Lisa! Everyone deserves a marker!

I agree and thanks to Lisa Peg finally got one.

LemonPopsicle Guest
    Thank You Lisa! I'm so glad she finally has one!

Good (and ironic !!!) scene from a film Peg did in the last year of her life:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg7Xc...eature=related

I found a biography of the late wife of Peg's brother Milton here. Milton was just 11 when his big sister died. Good to see that he, at least, seems to have enjoyed a good long life with wife Gerri (until her passing) and their family.

http://www.nonprofitpages.com/11n09/gerri.htm
    Last edited by Linnie; 09-21-2010 at 12:26 AM.

Nancy Guest
    I am sooooooooooooooo HAPPY that Peg Entwhistle FINALLY has a marker!!! Thanks Scott, you're a SWEETHEART!

seberly Guest
    This is good to see. I'll have to go and see it. I took the pictures for Scott that appear on Findadeath. It took forever to find, eventually had to ask for help because it was unmarked

Roaming Tigress Guest
    Very thoughtful gesture, glad to see she was not forgotten.

burgtwngrl Guest
    The Peg Entwistle Group and I would like to thank all of you for our kind words
    Last edited by burgtwngrl; 11-28-2010 at 09:01 PM.

burgtwngrl Guest
    to Answer a question someone had about Peg's Name her name has been written since her death as Lillian Millicent but before I placed the stone I contacted her family and her biographer and got a copy of her birth certificate from Whales and her birth name is Millicent Lilian (Lilian with 1 L) so I made sure her stone reflected her real name. her Wikipedia page also has her name as Millicent L per her biographer.

Bessolo Guest
    Add me to the list of those who appreciate (and applaud) those who place a marker or headstone where there is none. Just have to wonder, if there are still family members and if they're in the financial position to do this why they haven't. My concern would be if placing a marker may be against the family's or recipient's wishes...neither of which negate the best of intentions of the efforts to recognize the departed.

Cadence71 Guest
    I'd love to donate to your work. Do you have a non-profit tax id number? Or what business name are you registed under within the realm of non-profits?

Bessolo Guest

If I'm to understand the question correctly, I believe you're asking is if the SMF is a 501(c) charitable organization, Lisa would be the best person to answer that.

I did find what appears to be her website:
    http://starmarkersfoundation.webs.com/

Lisa, if it's permissible, you may want to include a link to same in your signature.

burgtwngrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bessolo View Post
    Add me to the list of those who appreciate (and applaud) those who place a marker or headstone where there is none. Just have to wonder, if there are still family members and if they're in the financial position to do this why they haven't. My concern would be if placing a marker may be against the family's or recipient's wishes...neither of which negate the best of intentions of the efforts to recognize the departed.
    When I decided to contact the cemetery to ask some questions about putting a marker on Peg's Grave they were very nice but had no Idea if Peg had any family left. They told me they didn't think so because Peg was the last burial on the family plot and that was in early 1933, so I opened a group on Facebook and the same day Peg's Biographer James Zeruk Jr. saw my group page and contacted me and told me that in fact her youngest Brother Milton is still alive at 93 (soon to be 94) he gave me his contact information and he also contacted Milton. Milton was so happy that his sister still had fans let alone someone who wanted to put a marker on her and her father's grave and I told him Milton I had 100 members in the first Hour! oh he was overcome he couldn't believe it. We did talk about why the grave was never marked and he did tell me it was because of finanacial problems. Their father Robert was killed by a hit and run driver in 1922 and he was buried there first and when she jumped they had her cremated and they buried her with her father. And now with his advanced age he told me that not only did he not have the money but he could not travel all the way to Cincinnati OH (He lives in Santa Cruz CA) to the Family plot. we correspond often and I've made him a promise to take care of the family plot from now on. He calls me a member of his family which makes me so emotional everytime he says that. From start to Finish it has been a Joy working with the cemetery and getting to know Peg's Family and her Biographer. I've learned so much about her. She really was a great actress and a great person.

29. 11-26-2010, 04:16 PM

Cadence71 Guest
    I guess I'm confused - I'm asking where I can find you listed as registered with the state of Ohio as an officially registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. I'm checking the site of registered nonprofits in Ohio and you are nowhere to be listed. Here's the link:

http://oano.officialbuyersguide.net/

I'm sure you can understand, I just want to make sure I'm donating to a legitimate, registered nonprofit and not just some scam.

Thanks for your help! I just need to know how to find you on the list of registered nonprofits, and then I'll be glad to donate!

Cadence71 Guest
    Just a reminder - Legal Zoom is not the same as legal counsel. Their website clearly states:

"LegalZoom cannot provide legal advice and can only provide self-help services at your specific direction."

Cadence71 Guest
    Or maybe it's not Ohio - I should have checked with ya - just let me know what state your 501 (3)(c) is registered. That's all I need. Thank you so much, Lisa.

Bessolo Guest
    For the record, I don't know Lisa in any way shape or form except for the few messages we've exchanged within this thread (no PM's nor e-mails either) but it seems pretty clear to me that she's heartfelt in her endeavor and is not a scam as she's already accomplished what she set out to do.

I'm not trying to twist anyone's arm or influence anyone, these are just my observations...which along with $2 still won't get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks LOL

Cadence71 Guest
    Totally understand what you're saying, Bessolo. I don't know her either, tho, and so to be responsible in my donating that's why I'm asking for a way to see documentation. As hard as it is to imagine, there are some people out there who solicit funds for so-called 'nonprofits' and they aren't registered anywhere but their own minds.

It's all cool. I just need the info and I'm ready to give.

Cadence71 Guest
    Plus, since it's a nonprofit, I need her info for my tax purposes. Just as I do for any other organization that I donate to. I'm sure we will hear back soon.

36. 11-26-2010, 07:02 PM

Cadence71 Guest
    Right, but in order to take in the funds that you already have, you must be registered. You cannot legally accept funds without being registered, even if the paperwork is pending. A PayPal account is not proof of being registered as a non-profit.

I guess it takes all kimes.

Did I say Kimes? I meant kinds - sorry.

I guess I was thinking of Sante Kimes. She's a female grifter who stole money from people under fraudulent circumstances - lying, fraud, false paperwork, untrue claims. She's currently serving life.

My bad!

Bessolo Guest
    I've worked for a 501(c)3. Just google that and you'll find tons of sites that will point you in the right direction. Do NOT go into this haphazardly. These days the Feds are looking to dispense every jaywalking ticket they can to raise income.

39. 11-26-2010, 11:10 PM

I don't understand why Gwynne has no marker, not even one of those funeral home ones that can stay for years in some cases. It's not like he or his family were poor, like Peg's was. Maybe the kids from the first marriage disagreed with the second wife over it? Or somebody figured he or she would get stuck for the whole price? (That happened to several people I knew-- none of the kids could work out splitting the cost, so the graves simply went naked.) Or it's possible that a marker will eventually be put there when the second wife is closer to the end of her own life.

Quote Originally Posted by burgtwngrl View Post
    If you would like to see the stone we and when I say We I mean about 12 members of my group on Facebook including Scott Michaels. if you to Scotts Directory and click Peg's name The stone is at the Top. THe Story of Star Markers is in Daieda magazine October Version page 39.

www.Daieda.com
    That link doesn't work.

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
    I don't understand why Gwynne has no marker, not even one of those funeral home ones that can stay for years in some cases. It's not like he or his family were poor, like Peg's was. Maybe the kids from the first marriage disagreed with the second wife over it? Or somebody figured he or she would get stuck for the whole price? (That happened to several people I knew-- none of the kids could work out splitting the cost, so the graves simply went naked.) Or it's possible that a marker will eventually be put there when the second wife is closer to the end of her own life.
    If I remember correctly, he had requested no marker. I seem to remember a story about it years ago. He was a private man and his family respected his wishes on it....if that is the person I am thinking of.

burgtwngrl Guest
    I have contacted Fred Gwynne's Widow if that was his wishes then I will respect them obviously.

Cadence71 Guest
    It's a simple request. Provide the documentation that you are registered. No vagueties, no confusing doublespeak. No feigning that you don't understand. Even if it's pending, you would show as registered.

You have not.

What you are doing by soliciting donation to a so-called non-profit, without providing any proof that you are operating one, is not legal. Any fletus can open a PayPal account and ask people to put money into it. I think you have a real need to be a martyr, and the center of attention. You've done it before on here, only last time you posted a PayPal account it was for your personal plea for money at Christmas, so you could 'rent' your son some toys. Anyone in that destitute a situation would be better advised to take care of their own, instead of seeking out money from the public to 'rectify' the personal situations of others, and then bask in the 'glory' of doing so. And when you are called out on it, you play the "illness" card. It's quite predictable, really. A cycle. It's sickening. And the number of times you've dropped Scott Michael's name must make your big toe swell.

Donators beware. The writing is on the wall.

burgtwngrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    That link doesn't work.
    Try this link I always spell it wrong

http://www.daeida.com/ October issue Helen Reddy on front Page 39

46. 11-27-2010, 08:47 AM

47. 11-27-2010, 08:53 AM

Cadence71 Guest
    The following link is recommended by companies that specialize in writing insurance for nonprofit organizations:

guidestar.org

Your organization, which accepts funds from the public under the guise of nonprofit, is not listed among the 1.8 million nonprofits.

You really ought to realize that some of us here are familiar with the operation of true nonprofits. We know more than you think we do. Some of us are personally involved in such entities.

It was a business question, not personal. To make it personal is to smokescreen the truth.

Cadence71 Guest
    Here's some information from the Internal Revenue Service's own site for those of you wanting to donate to a nonprofit. A true nonprofit's filing information and tax returns are ALWAYS available for public inspection. It's just responsible footwork to do before you donate to anyone.

"If you're not interested in paying for a certified examiner you can do the work yourself by obtaining, open for public inspection, tax returns from the Internal Revenue Service and looking for any inconsistencies. Call 1-877-829-5500 Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Central Time to determine if a non-profit organization's tax return is open for public inspection. Fill out form 4506 A to obtain the public records from the IRS. Instructions on how to fill out this form are available at www.irs.gov."

50. 11-27-2010, 09:14 AM

Bessolo Guest
    It's very simple, anyone can ask for donations for any cause...nothing wrong with that as long as they don't claim non exempt status.

For those who DO claim to be exempt the sticking point comes when the greater percentage of the monies given don't get spent on the cause and instead goes to overhead. That's one of the many reasons behind the requirement to be registered etc...to keep everything on the up and up and for the books to be available on demand by any interested party.

An organization can request donations without being tax exempt and not have to meet any maximum percentage of overhead target, nor do they have to show their books *BUT* those who contribute CANNOT deduct their contributions from their taxes.

So the bottom line becomes one of trust...whether the contributor can trust the recipient to spend the money effectively and if said contributor cares more about the good works being done than getting a deduction. Not taking sides, just putting this out there.
    Last edited by Bessolo; 11-27-2010 at 09:23 AM.

Sam Guest
    The work Lisa has been doing is straight from the kindness of her heart . I don't see the need to be registered with anyone. She is making sure people the world has forgotten are remembered in a dignified manner, and I think she's wonderful.

53. 11-27-2010, 07:52 PM

Sam Guest
    Let's try for more. I didn't donate last time, but hopefully I will be able to next time.
    There are many more such as Susan Cabot, and Fred Gwynne.
    You've done a fine job Lisa. I'm sure Peg is grateful that people who weren't even born when she died still remembered her in such a touching way.

Don't let anyone try to make less of the wonderful things you are doing dear one!

BTW,

When Scott (the owner of this web site) raised the money for a grave stone for Schlitze, I don't think he was registered anywhere.
    My God, when does doing an act of kindness require so much red tape?

I don't think it was nice at all that you were compared to Sante Kimes, a convicted murderess, that's uncalled for!
    Last edited by Sam; 11-28-2010 at 11:42 AM.

Bessolo Guest
    As I noted earlier (and which Lisa appears to agree and abide with), there may be reasons other than financial behind not having a marker (decedent's wishes, family issues etc) and whenever possible these should be checked into before proceeding with any attempts to place a marker.

I know that when John Belushi was first buried some cretins vandalized his tombstone. He's since been moved and his exact spot in unmarked although his tombstone is now near the entrance of the cemetery.

Then there's the case of Charlie Chaplin having been corpsenapped for ransom. Takes all kinds. And they call ME strange LOL

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    Not to be a thorn, but Scott did not raise the money for Schlitze's stone. It was done by a member here who kept very stringent records that are available for review. She was very determined and humble and eschewed attention for her efforts. She, and a group here, were the ones who made Schlitze's stone happen

I dont think anyone in the Schiltzie movement claimed to have non profit status. It was just a bunch of death hags pitching in. IMO, this thread should be about Peg, not people congratulating each other for a good deed.