Thread: Alexander Lopez Garcia Killed by Suspected Drug Hitmen

woohoogirl Guest

Alexander Lopez Garcia Killed by Suspected Drug Hitmen

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/09...rant-massacre/

MEXICO CITY (AP) â?? Mexican prosecutors say hooded gunmen have killed the mayor of a small town in northern Mexico. He is the third mayor to have been slain in the last month, apparently by Mexico's drug cartels.
    The prosecutors office for San Luis Potosi state says Mayor Alexander Lopez Garcia of El Naranjo was killed Wednesday by a squad of four hitmen who pulled up in a vehicle. Two of the attackers burst into his office and shot him to death.
    All the attackers escaped.
    The rural township of about 20,000 people borders the violence-wracked state of Tamaulipas, where 72 migrants were massacred by drug gunmen in August.

Guess why I have no desire to visit Mexico ? ?
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

STORMIE Guest
    Bet they don't have anyone knocking down the door to take the open mayor's position!

Wow. I used to live in San Luis Potosi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

He was killed here, in front of his co-workers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am so disturbed at hearing about the many people that have been killed in Mexico--from ordinary people to government officials. I wonder if the increasing violence is going to really carry on over into the United States and become an even bigger issue (if it hasn't already). Meanwhile, the killing goes on....

Reecy Guest
    I wouldn't step on Mexican soil if they paid me. I went to Alcapulco many moons ago and it was lovely.

Mexico is my favorite place on earth. I hate what the pinche cartels have done to that country.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nicki Guest
    Can't imagine anyone wanting to be a Mayor in those towns or citys in Mexico. Isn't Mexico loosing alot of their USA vacationers who are now choosing NOT to vacation there anymore? I have seen alot of disturbing reports in the last year of terrible things happening to Americans on the roads down there. Kidnappings, guns held to heads, cars and RV's stolen....I think Dateline did an program on this. This stuff is happening to People that have vacationed for years without worrying that anything would happen like this only to find out they are victims as well. People are going to start choosing other vacation spots. Can't blame them.