Thread: Neil Patrick Harris

Nicki Guest

Neil Patrick Harris

From 'Doogie' To Daddy: Neil Patrick Harris & Partner Expecting Twins

Access Hollywood - 2 hours, 23 minutes ago

• Soon-to-be parents Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka LOS ANGELES, Calif. --
    • Neil Patrick Harris is going to be a dad.

On Saturday afternoon, the "How I Met Your Mother" star confirmed via Twitter that he and long time partner, David Burtka, are expecting not one, but two bundles of joy.
    VIEW THE PHOTOS: Gay & Lesbian Hollywood
    "So, get this: David and I are expecting twins this fall," Neil Tweeted. "We're super excited/nervous/thrilled. Hoping the press can respect our privacy..."
    Just as Neil announced the news, photos of the actor and David, who is a fellow thespian, surfaced showing the happy couple enjoying themselves on Saturday afternoon at Disney's California Adventure in Anaheim, Calif.
    VIEW THE PHOTOS: Hottest Hollywood Dads!
    Adam Shankman of "So You Think You Can Dance," quickly congratulated the couple on the news via Twitter, writing, "guess what babies are gonna learn how to dance and direct from their uncle Adam?"
    In addition to planning for his upcoming fatherhood, summer 2010 has been a busy one for the actor.
    He directed Vanessa Hudgens and Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger in the musical "Rent" at the Hollywood Bowl, earlier this month.
    VIEW THE PHOTOS: Celebrity Gays & Their Supportive Gal Pals
    Neil is also up for three Emmys this month - one for Best Supporting Actor Comedy for his work on "HIMYM," a second for Guest Actor in a Comedy Series for "Glee" and a third for hosting last year's Tony Awards.
    David has twins from a previous relationship.
    Last edited by Nicki; 08-14-2010 at 11:16 PM.

I still can't imagine Neil Patrick Harris being gay. Not that there is anything wrong with that, he just plays such the playboy on "How I Met Your Mother" that I can't see him any other way.

Pat Bateman Guest
    Congrats to Neil and his partner

Bully for them. But if he wants privacy- why is he tweeting about it? They could have kept it secret until the day they brought the babies home if they wanted to.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

motherogod Guest
    Wow, David has twins from a previous relationship? Someone's got good swimmers!!

How pregnant is he?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    How pregnant is he?
    I wondered the same thing also. Since when does Neil or his partner have a uterus ?? Talk about sloppy headlines & writing !!

Great news!!!

My niece in law (she's married to my nephew) was a surrogate for a gay couple from Florida and gave birth last November. She was pregnant with twins as well, but sadly, one died while in the womb. Last I heard, they wanted her to carry another baby for them. They're a wonderful, loving couple and spoiled my niece rotten.
    "Dying is just nature's way of saying, hey, you're not alive anymore!"

Its kind of cool that they both got one in there.

After almost seven years together, Harris, 37, and Burtka, 35, began the surrogacy process and were "thrilled" to discover they were having fraternal twins.
    "We inserted two eggs, one with my sperm, one with David's sperm and they both took," says Harris. Holding their children in the delivery room shortly after their birth was "just absolute joy," says Burtka. "We had two babies that we made. With help."
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Guest Guest
    Didn't realise he was gay

That's cool they both contributed. I don't know anything about the other dude, but NPH always seemed like a really nice, level headed guy. They should be lucky babies.

First pic of Neil Patrick Harris as Hedwig surfaces:

http://www.newnownext.com/first-phot..._facebook_logo

Seagorath Guest
    NPH as Hedwig should be fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7bK3w9Mw6w

I think he looks fantabulous

Katrinawitch Guest
    I squee'd with delight when I saw that he'd be in "Hedwig"! I'd love to see him in that. I have such a huge crush on him.

Seagorath Guest
    Good parents also.

Wendy A. Guest
    He's one of my favorite actors. He's awesome!

Is NPH taking over for David Letterman?

http://www.newnownext.com/could-neil..._facebook_logo