Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17242526272835 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,300 of 2265

Thread: Nicest and meanest celebrity you've met

ajlposh Guest
    Betty White sent me an autographed picture today

2. 01-12-2010, 06:57 AM

DaniZ Guest
    I've never actually met a celebrity, but I got flipped off by Micha Barton once. I was with my exhusband and his parents on a trip to Cali and I can't for the life of me remember where we were, but I turned to look out the back window of the van and did a double take because I recognized her from that show she was on at the time and when I looked the second time, she flipped me off.

Quote Originally Posted by DaniZ View Post
    I've never actually met a celebrity, but I got flipped off by Micha Barton once. I was with my exhusband and his parents on a trip to Cali and I can't for the life of me remember where we were, but I turned to look out the back window of the van and did a double take because I recognized her from that show she was on at the time and when I looked the second time, she flipped me off.
    Classy....
    "Dying is just nature's way of saying, hey, you're not alive anymore!"

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ajlposh View Post
    Betty White sent me an autographed picture today
    Betty White is a sweetheart. She took my BF's Dog on the Johnny Carson Show years ago after the dog had appeared in a Disney Movie. Betty and Her still exchange Chrismas Cards to this day. Absolutely loved her in The Proposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post

Betty White is a sweetheart. She took my BF's Dog on the Johnny Carson Show years ago after the dog had appeared in a Disney Movie. Betty and Her still exchange Chrismas Cards to this day. Absolutely loved her in The Proposal.
    I love it when Betty White curses like a sailor. She and Bob Saget have filthy mouths.

Hez Guest
    Belinda Carlisle came over to me and my friend in Ponds Forge Leisure Centre in Sheffield asking for the locker rooms. I was amazed at how small she was and what chubby legs she had with really skinny calves! I dread to think what she made of Ponds Forge's facilities, the gym was a shitehole!

Barry Sheen came over to me and my Ex at Donington Racetrack. I can't remember what he asked us because I was too busy staring at his eyes, they were really stunning blue.

I saw Paul Daniels at breakfast in our hotel about 27 years ago. He was small and wrinkly then, I can't imagine how he looks close up now.

That's about it

Fancynancy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Meli View Post
    That is SOOOO awesome! Id love to meet Obama. I met Clinton when he was campaigning for his very first election. I liked him alot. Very sweet. I have meet Congressmen Dave Obey (WI) as well, my Uncle was his press manager for awhile, nice guy as well. But it wasnt really like meeting a celeb with him... more like extended family. No real celebs yet....

I got to meet Obama during the last election stop in Colorado right before the election. We shook hands and I asked him "Are you tired?", and smiled and said "I never get tired." I have met President Clinton and years ago Gary Hart and Ted Kennedy, too.

slw Guest
    Alvin Stardust is a really nice man.

My dad used to know several famous people through his work. He knew Bryan Ferry (Roxy Music). Whe I was quite young he once took me round to a writer's house (wish I could remember who he was!!) I took one look at him and legged it! I think they found me hinding out near this guys swimming pool. lol!

Fancynancy Guest
    I forgot one time my folks went to Las Vegas with my aunt and uncle and they went to go see one of those shows at the MGM or somewhere. So anyway Doc Severinson was performing and somebody that was part of the show "scared" him and he ran and jumped right into my dad's lap! He offered to pay for my dad's spilled drink, but my dad just laughed it off.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    We saw singer and Broadway star Linda Eder in a concert last month...we bought "vip tickets" so that we could meet her after the show. She was so uncomfortable (shy maybe? exhausted? couldn't tell) in that one-on-one format she made ME uncomfortable. Weird evening--great voice though.

Miri81 Guest
    I have met quite a few celebs as well.

Lindsay Lohan - Nice

Wilmer Valderrama (when he was dating Lindsay) - Nice

Shannon Elizabeth - Nice

Alyssa Milano - Nice - I saw her at a Florida Marlins game. She was dating the Dodgers pitcher at the time, Brad Penny. I saw her go into the restrooms. That was my chance to say hi. LOL

Smash Mouth - Weird but nice guys

Dwyane Wade - Nice

Isiah Thomas - He coaches my college basketball team (GO FIU!). Nice guy.

Whoopi Goldberg - I saw her at Disney World and she quite bitchy when people were trying to say hi to her. She completely ignored everyone. Just wave at least!

Dan Marino - Nice to us, but not so nice to autograph hounds who wanted him to sign everything from jerseys to helmets.

Cameron Diaz - Nice

My brother has met Iggy Pop. He said he was very nice, but very odd and ugly. lol

zamboni Guest
    I used to work for a rental car company, so I have met several celebritities-

Most of the former WCW wrestlers were very nice. Met a couple dead wrestlers- Ms Elizabeth and Bam Bam Bigelow. Bam Bam was very scary looking, and this woman I worked with was scared of him, until he offered her a piece of gum. So I would have to say he was pretty friendly. Stacey Kiebeler was very nice and very nice to look at.

Former NFL head coach Tony Dungy was one of the nicest I met.

The rock band Kansas, even though they were has beens, had one guy in the band that was a prick.

Weirdest was Al Franken. He wasn't a senator yet, and I watched him walk into the mens room, immediately walk out, walk over to a woman sitting in a chair and ask her to see if the womans room was empty. When the coast was clear he had her stand watch at the door so he could use it. I take it the mens room was too dirty for him.

One time we had a lobby full of people waiting in line, and there stood Gallagher #2. Everyone was trying not to stare, but you could tell people were trying to figure out where they knew him from. We asked people for their last names to look up their reservations, and as soon as he said his was Gallagher everyone stared. It wasn't long after his brother sued him for stealing his act, they did look almost identical.

Quote Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
    Weirdest was Al Franken. He wasn't a senator yet, and I watched him walk into the mens room, immediately walk out, walk over to a woman sitting in a chair and ask her to see if the womans room was empty. When the coast was clear he had her stand watch at the door so he could use it. I take it the mens room was too dirty for him.

O
    Isn't Franken supposed to be some neurotic, anal clean freak? (Wait, I mean anal about neurotic cleanliness not neurotic about his clean anus although that would pretty much be a given....) I thought I read that somewhere (about him being a clean freak; not about his anus)?

TheLazenby Guest
    Hmmm, let's see (sorry if I did this already, I can't remember)...

* David Newell (Mr. McFeely) - Reading the rant-fest about him on page 3 actually inspired this post. :-P He was just awesome. If you ever see him in person, he is 100% committed to carrying on Fred's legacy, even if it means doing a presentation in his Mr. McFeely costume in front of a room full of adults. (I can also say that other people I know who have met him felt the same way.)

* Weird Al - Also a person who is very committed to reaching out to his fans. More than likely, if you wait after a show long enough (might take an hour or so, but it's worth it), he will take time to sign autographs for everyone who stayed around. One time, he even re-sang "Melanie" for the waiting crowd, since he forgot the words during the show.

* John Flansburgh (They Might Be Giants) - Flans is legendary for being the most fan-friendly member of TMBG, and I definitely found this to be true. He even hung around to hand out free bumper stickers after the last show I saw!

* Corn Mo - I met this guy after he opened for TMBG once. Very friendly; if you've ever seen him perform, he gives off a definite "lovable goofball" vibe, and in person, you'll get the same thing.

* Dave Tango, Kris Williams, and Steve Gonsalves (Ghost Hunters) - Every year, these three do an autograph signing at a haunted house here in Pittsburgh. The line *will* take forever (I waited three hours+), but they actually stop and talk to every single person who wants to chat with them. Kris even signed a photo (and wrote a message) for my young nephew, who couldn't be there. I dunno if this happens every time, but last year, Bruce Tango (Dave's dad, who has been on a couple episodes) was there as well. Great guy.

* Denny Dillon (Saturday Night Live) - Wonderful, wonderful lady. I've never met her in person, but have corresponded with her endlessly for the last three or four years. Very open about her shaky time on SNL, and tells great behind-the-scenes stories. I would actually like very much to co-author a book with her someday about the Jean Doumanian era.

* Suzanne Mikawa (Bill Nye the Science Guy) - If you watched the later seasons of the show, you would have seen her; she was in many, many skits. She's obviously not hiding the fact that she was on Bill Nye, because she posts her material on YouTube. But I've learned, and other fans of the show have also told me, that she's not at all receptive to fan comments.

* Stevie Vallance (Zoobilee Zoo) - This woman is just a gem. She's done a lot, but some of you might remember her as playing Whazzat Kangaroo on "Zoobilee Zoo". Very pleasant, and unlike other folks from kid's shows I've talked to, still very proud of her former role. Hell, it's actually her YouTube screenname! :-)

* Ari Magder (Shining Time Station) - He played... oh, what'shisname, the blond kid in the George Carlin days. Anyway, who cares? This kid's a fucking PRICK. I complimented him on his old show's Internet popularity, and he berated me for watching a kiddie show.

* Richard Bowden (Pinkard and Bowden) - Remember them? They sang "Blue Hairs Driving In My Lane," "Mama She's Lazy," etc. Very friendly fellow.

* Bruno Sammartino (pro-wrestler) - Never met him in person, though my parents have pointed him out a couple times, because he lives near my neighborhood. He almost hit us when we were pulling out of a parking spot once, but otherwise, I got nothin'... :-P

I was actually planning on calling Charles Rocket for an interview (I did a school project about SNL) the week he committed suicide; I still wish very much I would've gotten that chance, as he was and still is one of my favorite castmembers.

There are a few other people I'd love to meet at some point - John Linnell (the only member of TMBG I haven't met personally), Cassandra "Elvira" Peterson, Julianna Rose Mauriello (I've always wanted to give her a hug for all the bullshit people have given her online... I know, I'm lame!), Nell Campbell, and Pat Quinn. A friend of mine got her picture taken with Pat and Nell, and I've been horribly jealous ever since!
    Last edited by TheLazenby; 01-13-2010 at 07:10 PM.

TheLazenby Guest
    Oh, I must give a mention to almost the entire cast of "Tim and Eric Awesome Show". That group is almost like a second family to fans - Palmer Scott (the 'Sit On You' guy), James Quall, Bob Druwing (who sang 'I Can Wait'), David Liebe Hart, and especially Jennifer Mims (who sang 'Come Over'). They call themselves the "T&E's". :-)

I've heard from someone in T&E's inner circle that Tim and Eric themselves are the least pleasant; but seeing them interact with fans, that doesn't surprise me much.

Did anyone (most likely from Chicago) ever meet the late Wesley Willis? It seems like someone not familiar with him would find him extremely awkward (especially his endless handshakes), but I'd think to a real fan, headbutting the man himself would whoop a Bactrian camel's ass!

punklove Guest
    Chuck Zito hit on me one time and he was just sooooo weird. He acts like hes from the sopranos and had on WAY too much cologne on. I think he must spray tan too because he was a little orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Hez View Post

Barry Sheen came over to me and my Ex at Donington Racetrack. I can't remember what he asked us because I was too busy staring at his eyes, they were really stunning blue.
    Barry Sheen was da man. I was a huge fan of his.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

TheLazenby Guest
    I have to say, some extremely bad celebrity stories I've heard, I really have to call B.S.

I remember someone telling a story of how Bill Nye gave a talk at their school, refused to give autographs, was heard to berate his assistant, and even called the audience "f***ing rednecks" not knowing that they could hear him. I highly, highly doubt that. It's almost become an urban legend that Bill Nye is a complete smack in person, but a number of people have disproved that. (There was a video on YouTube at one point of fans spotting him on the Great Wall of China, and he seemed perfectly approachable.)

And that story someone told about seeing Weird Al with hookers? Wouldn't have been him. I'm 100% sure of this. He might've been courting a couple women, but I can tell you definitively that nothing sexual was going on, especially if it was after he met Suzanne.

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    What ever happened to Adam Arkin? Always liked his acting but haven't seen him in a long time.
    He just finished a great stint as a really scary whilte nationalist who locks horns with SAMCRO on Sons of Anarchy.
    He was fabulous and looks great!
    Regards,
    Mary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arkin.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	17108  

candleinthewind Guest
    Hey the Lazenby. The Weird Al incident was Looong before he got married. I have no idea what he was doing with the hookers. I just saw him walking down Lexington Avenue with them at midnight. The street was deserted and there was no filming going on. Weird Al is pretty recognizable and I know what a Manhattan hooker looks like. We were in NYC for the Tears for Fears concert at Radio City if that dates it for you. I shared this story because it runs counter to what you would expect from him but that is what I saw.

TheLazenby Guest
    Tears For Fears... so, this would be sometime in the Eighties, I assume?

Alexandra Guest
    I'd have to say Jeffrey Combs, who played Weyoun on Star Trek DS9.

My husband and I, along with our then-5-month-old son, were at a sci-fi convention. There was this guy standing over our son's stroller going on about what a cute baby we had. Turns out it was Jeffrey Combs.

At that same convention, my husband had a good long conversation with one of the guys who starred in Battlestar Galactica.

dcg76 Guest
    Oh, I want to play!

I used to work at an amphitheater doing security, so I got to meet a few musicians.

Nicest:

BB King.

I was working the tunnel that lead to the stage, and his set began. His band went out first, and began playing for a couple of minutes. He came into the tunnel, and sat down for a few with I assume were family/close friends. He starts to call me over (It was dark) I start to panic inside, and thinkin' "Why the hell would he be calling me over to talk to him?" His tour manager leans over, explains to him who I am, and he says "Oh, I thought you were someone else." So after a few moments, he gets up to go on stage, and as he's walking out, he leans over to shake my hand and says "Sorry about that. TJ (tour manager) says you've been doing a great job tonight. I told him to give you a gift." So afterwards, I got this little pin that was a Lucille guitar modeled after his famous guitar.

Another nice one would be Dave Matthews. He always said hi to me, remembered me, and always asked how I was doing every time he came there.

Meanest:

Don't remember any from the amphitheater days off hand, but I remember Mark McGwire being a real mean bastard. My brother used to take me to baseball card / autograph shows when I was a kid, and we went to one he was at. Really stand offish, didn't seem to want to be bother, and generally just shrugged everyone off, even though everyone was paying for his autograph. (this was back in like 88, 89, long before the 70 home run season and the juice scandal.)

ajlposh Guest
    Yesterday, Bob Barker sent me an autographed picture

OCEANLIGHTS Guest
    Maybe a stupid question, but who or where do you write to get the autographed pictures?

Giada Guest
    Nice ... James Earl Jones, Tippi Hedren, Linda Gray, Annette Funicello, James Garner, "Charlie's Angel's," (Fawcett, Smith, Jackson).

Nasty ... only one

About 10 years ago or so, whilst I was working in a local College, Ian McShane was filming virtually right outside (we have loads of filming going on in Liverpool!). I didn't speak with him, but he was very kind and patient with a number of our special needs young people who had approached him for autographs.

TheLazenby Guest
    I might've mentioned this earlier in the thread, but James Earl Jones royally fucked over a crowd who waited a loooong time to see him at our local library.

kandykisses Guest
    Never met her in person but Crystal from the Girls Next Door signed my PB with her in it and she was very sweet. The former GND charged to get a signed issue sent out.

Nicest: Rosalyn Carter-met her in 1976, the day before Jimmy was elected President. Talked to her for about a half hour at LAX waiting for her husband to arrive from his press plane. A dear, sweet lady. I have pictures of that day.

Orson Bean-very funny and a sweetheart. Always gave me a hug when I ran into him.

John Candy-my ex-husband put in phones for his home and recording studio in Brentwood area. When my ex told him I was was a fan of his, he offered to call me at work and talk to me. When I picked up my phone (not knowing this was going to happen), I heard "Hi, is this Cindy?" The voice was unmistakable! We talked for a minute, and I thanked him for taking time out, that he really made my day. He said no problem, and told me to have a great day. Helluva guy!!

Walter Matthau-my office used to be in Pacific Palisades, just down the street from Walters house (used to see him walk his two shaggy dogs all the time). I was sitting in the courtyard of my office building, when Walter walked up to me and asked me if I knew where the FedEx box was located. I said, "sure do, follow me!". I guess I was walking too fast for him, because he said "hey, I'm an old man! Slow down!" I turned around, he had a big smile on his face, and I laughed and apologized. I mentioned to him that he walked pretty fast when he was out with his dogs. He said, "I don't walk those dogs, they just pull me around the block". Got to the FedEx box, and he thanked me. On a side note, I met his son Charley (also very nice) when I had an interview with him. It was done in Walter's house. I got a glance at Walter's Oscar on the fireplace mantle. Very cool to see it!

Meanest: Luckily, I haven't personally meant any mean ones. Just heard stories from others. I used to work security at LAX in 1978. The one day I was sick (naturally), my co-workers (including my boss) told me that Claude Akins came through the baggage claim drunk. He was carrying a set of golf clubs with no claim ticket attached. When my co-worker asked for his ticket, Akins went ballistic. Apparently, Akins swung his golf bag around to hit my co-worker, when he accidentally hit a little girl standing behind him. I was also told that the little girl was on crutches. Police had to be called.
    Cindy

Overtaxed Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dcg76 View Post
    Oh, I want to play!

I used to work at an amphitheater doing security, so I got to meet a few musicians.

Nicest:

BB King.

I was working the tunnel that lead to the stage, and his set began. His band went out first, and began playing for a couple of minutes. He came into the tunnel, and sat down for a few with I assume were family/close friends. He starts to call me over (It was dark) I start to panic inside, and thinkin' "Why the hell would he be calling me over to talk to him?" His tour manager leans over, explains to him who I am, and he says "Oh, I thought you were someone else." So after a few moments, he gets up to go on stage, and as he's walking out, he leans over to shake my hand and says "Sorry about that. TJ (tour manager) says you've been doing a great job tonight. I told him to give you a gift." So afterwards, I got this little pin that was a Lucille guitar modeled after his famous guitar.

Another nice one would be Dave Matthews. He always said hi to me, remembered me, and always asked how I was doing every time he came there.

Meanest:

Don't remember any from the amphitheater days off hand, but I remember Mark McGwire being a real mean bastard. My brother used to take me to baseball card / autograph shows when I was a kid, and we went to one he was at. Really stand offish, didn't seem to want to be bother, and generally just shrugged everyone off, even though everyone was paying for his autograph. (this was back in like 88, 89, long before the 70 home run season and the juice scandal.)

Overtaxed Guest
    It probably still was 'Roid Rage from McGuire. He admitted using them for years.

Then again, it could be that he is just a total Dick!

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Nicest: Rosalyn Carter-met her in 1976, the day before Jimmy was elected President. Talked to her for about a half hour at LAX waiting for her husband to arrive from his press plane. A dear, sweet lady. I have pictures of that day.

Orson Bean-very funny and a sweetheart. Always gave me a hug when I ran into him.

John Candy-my ex-husband put in phones for his home and recording studio in Brentwood area. When my ex told him I was was a fan of his, he offered to call me at work and talk to me. When I picked up my phone (not knowing this was going to happen), I heard "Hi, is this Cindy?" The voice was unmistakable! We talked for a minute, and I thanked him for taking time out, that he really made my day. He said no problem, and told me to have a great day. Helluva guy!!

Walter Matthau-my office used to be in Pacific Palisades, just down the street from Walters house (used to see him walk his two shaggy dogs all the time). I was sitting in the courtyard of my office building, when Walter walked up to me and asked me if I knew where the FedEx box was located. I said, "sure do, follow me!". I guess I was walking too fast for him, because he said "hey, I'm an old man! Slow down!" I turned around, he had a big smile on his face, and I laughed and apologized. I mentioned to him that he walked pretty fast when he was out with his dogs. He said, "I don't walk those dogs, they just pull me around the block". Got to the FedEx box, and he thanked me. On a side note, I met his son Charley (also very nice) when I had an interview with him. It was done in Walter's house. I got a glance at Walter's Oscar on the fireplace mantle. Very cool to see it!

Meanest: Luckily, I haven't personally meant any mean ones. Just heard stories from others. I used to work security at LAX in 1978. The one day I was sick (naturally), my co-workers (including my boss) told me that Claude Akins came through the baggage claim drunk. He was carrying a set of golf clubs with no claim ticket attached. When my co-worker asked for his ticket, Akins went ballistic. Apparently, Akins swung his golf bag around to hit my co-worker, when he accidentally hit a little girl standing behind him. I was also told that the little girl was on crutches. Police had to be called.
    Hey Buttercup, thank you for the storys...loved them all but Walter Matthau was totally a favorite of mine and I so enjoyed your paragraph on him. A Family member was Carroll O'Connors assistant for 16 years. Got to meet him and his wife Nancy when they were in San Francisco doing a play. Loved that man, he was so very nice and kind and this was not all that long after he lost his only child, Hugh to sucide. By the way Carroll OConnor and Walter Matthau are buried very close to each other at Westwood Cemetery...Also Jack Lemmon all in the same row.
    Jeff Bridges was nice
    Glen Campbell, Nice
    Robert Di Nero...nce
    Sophia Loren...nice
    Actually I have been lucky to meet quite a few and they all were nice. The one that wasn't all that nice was Caroline Kennedy and I will leave it at that.
    Last edited by Nicki; 01-25-2010 at 11:52 PM.

TEDG65 Guest
    Here's mt $.02...met a few celebrities over the years:

Nice:
    *Peter Wolf (met him several times, always a gem)
    * Max Weinberg (nice guy, met him around the time Bruce let him go/was very open about it)
    *(most of) Aerosmith (Tyler was PHENOMINALLY nice, posing for cheek to cheek pics with my wife,etc, talking about bootlegs,etc...same for Tom Hamilton)
    *Bowie (real nice and smelled real good, but only laughed when we asked what the cologne was!)
    *Ray & Dave Davies (Kinks) great, and signed all of our stuff
    *John Fogerty (superb/real nice guy, talked for quite a while backstage
    *Kenny Aranoff (drummer w/ Fogerty) extremely nice, a sweetheart of a guy
    *John Mellencamp (pretty nice, but not as open as Fogerty)
    * Tina Weymouth (Talking Head bassist) superbly nice, posing for pics and actually came right out into the crowd after the Tom Tom Club/Devo show, rooting for Devo!
    *Brian Johnson/Angus Young (AC/DC) were very nice and put up with my drunken questions (hey they made us wait 1 1/2 hours for them to come out and but provided a case of Bud for us backstage!)

Dicks (only 2 or 3 that I can recall):

*Joey Kramer (Aerosmith drummer): almost went beligerent denying he took lessons from a local drum teacher I mentioned, who showed me a canceled check and said Kramer requested he teach him "polyrythms" in between an off-tour period.
    *Joe Perry (Aerosmith guitarist): remained very aloof during an autograph session backstage while the rest of the band mingled...would barely pose for a pic (unless you were female of course)......douche.
    My wife disagrees with the above 2 but I only call 'em as I see 'em......
    *Phil Rudd (AC/DC drummer): Didn't want to tolerate my drunken questions...asked him: "Keith Moon or John Bonham" to which he replied "Corky Lang!" (drummer for Mountain).....

steve6 Guest

claude akins

I had a good relationship with Claude, if you can call it that. I am a longtime Angels season ticket holder, and Claude sat near me during the '80s. We tinkled together many times. He was flattered that I remembered his trucker TV series. "Movin' On," I think.

Otherwise...........

John Cusack. I sat next to him for a Sinatra concert in '93. We chatted, he was asking me Sinatra questions. Truthfully, I didn't know who he was, but my spouse, sitting next to me, was tinkling herself because I was talking to him.

Let's see. Kinda sad and ironic. At the World Series in 2002 (Game Two) I was out on the Smoking Plateau and remarked to this guy that the game (a wild one) reminded me of a Dodgers/Yankees WS game in 1981. The guy said, "Yeah, I was there," and I realized that it was Steve Howe. Just to make sure, I looked down, and he had his ciggie in his left hand. And was only drinking coffee. He died in a pickup truck crash several years later. Maybe he was even sober.

Eva Gabor. I met her on the set of "Green Acres" in the '60s. She was very nice, signed an autograph (which I wish I still had), and actually called me "Dah-link."

Nolan Ryan. Met/interviewed him in the clubhouse in the '70s. Incredibly sweet, nice, humble guy. Very Texan.

On the phone, I could go on and on, but Ray Charles and, especially Tony Bennett, were delightful.

Meanest: Luckily, I haven't personally meant any mean ones. Just heard stories from others. I used to work security at LAX in 1978. The one day I was sick (naturally), my co-workers (including my boss) told me that Claude Akins came through the baggage claim drunk. He was carrying a set of golf clubs with no claim ticket attached. When my co-worker asked for his ticket, Akins went ballistic. Apparently, Akins swung his golf bag around to hit my co-worker, when he accidentally hit a little girl standing behind him. I was also told that the little girl was on crutches. Police had to be called.[/quote]

Crazy Cat Lady Guest
    Jennifer Lynch. I met her at a Twin Peaks Festival, and she's a kick. She swears more than me, and smokes a million cigarettes. I was going to pass on the fest this year, but I see Jen will be there, so I think I'll have to go.

MunstersBabe Guest
    I've met Peter Steele, Josh Silver, Kenny Hickey, Johnny Kelly (all from Type O Negative, extremely nice guys, BTW); John Christ (ex Danzig), and Andie McDowell. Andie, Andie, Andie...what a primadonna. When me and my ex met her, she was really rude to the girls at the Marble Slab ice cream store. She acted like they owed her something because she was in movies. Whatevs.(BTW, she needed an upper lip waxing like MAYJAH!) Most of my celebrity meets were pretty fantabulous.

doyleloyal Guest
    my mom accidentially bumped into Jennifer Love Hewitt at Universal studios. Some kid ran into my mom and pushed her into J.Love. Instead of being mad she just kept asking my mom if she was ok and once my mom assured her that she was Jen said hi to us and told us to have fun while we were visiting the studio. She was very sweet.

MunstersBabe Guest
    Oh yeah...I forgot to add these...

My mom went out with Lanny Poffo (brother of Randy "Macho Man" Savage...her bff dated Randy) and dated Jeff Cook (of Alabama, before they were who they are now) when she lived in Myrtle Beach back in the 70s. I was a teeny baby living with my grandparents while she was living it up at the beach lol.

I guess they were alright dudes back in the day, my mom never had a bad word to say about them.

We met Tommy Lasorda (Dodgers fame) last week - he was so sweet to my two girls. Even teased my oldest (who's 11) about having boyfriends. Very nice man.
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

Meliss9900 Guest
    I never met him face to face I did speak with Gene Simmons on the phone when I worked at American Airlines. . .he was very nice. I also spoke with Joe Dimaggio at that job. Also very nice.

I met Chi Chi Rodriguez when he played in a Golf tournament in Abilene, TX. He was extremely nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MunstersBabe Guest
    Another one I forgot to mention...

I went to school with this guy...

Wednesday 13, AKA Joe Poole.

This guy is a DICK. He recently abandoned his wife and daughter in pursuit of a fantasy that will come crashing down all around him. But before he left them, I would see him in Wal-Mart or the grocery store and he walked around all snobby, as if his shit didn't stink. If you go and use the people who put you where you are, nothing but bad karma follows.

Sorry to crush his fans fantasies of him being a nice guy. He is anything but.

CORONERGAL Guest
    Who is he, Munstersbabe? Sorry, I'm old......

MunstersBabe Guest
    He's in a band called Murderdolls now. They're like Marilyn Manson. Actually, I think he stole most of what made MM good back in the day. He stole a lot of things from my musician friends back in the day. Anyway, his music sucks so I wouldn't bother listening to him, unless you're just curious.

NineTails20 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MunstersBabe View Post
    I've met Peter Steele, Josh Silver, Kenny Hickey, Johnny Kelly (all from Type O Negative, extremely nice guys, BTW); John Christ (ex Danzig), and Andie McDowell. Andie, Andie, Andie...what a primadonna. When me and my ex met her, she was really rude to the girls at the Marble Slab ice cream store. She acted like they owed her something because she was in movies. Whatevs.(BTW, she needed an upper lip waxing like MAYJAH!) Most of my celebrity meets were pretty fantabulous.

I'm afraid to meet Kenny Hickey. I'd have to throttle back the urge to molest him!

Other than local news people, which were all nice, I have met Travie from the Gym Class Heroes, he was obviously high on something, but nice and took pics with me and my friend. And I have spoken to Della Reese on the phone. (Touched by an Angel) She was just like her character, so sweet and positive. She radiated good energy.

I have a friend that knew Selena when they were children. Her father & Selena's father were friends. She told me that Selena was not allowed to eat french fries when she was at her house because she was trying to look good when she performed at her father's restaurant. This was before she was famous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

slw Guest
    oooh who else have I met? Mike Rutherford from Genesis, James Bolam (actor here in the Uk, rather scruffy looking really!) Sue Jameson (actress here and James B's wife. met them seperately). Their daughter asked me to hold her hand whilst I was nursing. It doesn't really compare with Hollywood stars I know!

Bryan ferry's son Otis is kinda famous here for the wrong reasons. when iwas working in a tv shop there was a phone call from one of the staff and I can recall asking if 'Otis had been playing with the aerial again!' LOL This was when he was a kid of course!!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post

oh my god, a call from john candy? how awesome!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch