Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicest and meanest celebrity you've met

ComputerGuy Guest
    Funny story. Brook shields was part of the Bob Hope show at Rhein Main in 91 or 92. A Friend and I were stationed there and he heard she was in the resturaunt upstairs and went up there to meet her. I went to my office and the commander was there and asked where he went. I told him in so many works "Bob went upstairs to gawk at Brooke Shields. Big Deal." He then introduced me to the lady that was with him as Terri Shields, Brookes mother!! Very Nice lady, given the fact I just dissed her daughter. From the entourage:

Brooke Shields: Very Pretty and nice. Had to give her some IB Prophen due to bad PMS
    Bob Hope: Jerk, very lewd mouth.
    Rosemary Clooney: Really super nice and friendly
    LaToya Jackson: Bitch and a Freak. Her husband was an arrogant jerk

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    Oh, can I play?

Steve Allen - I used to be his personal assistant and all I can say is WHAT A FUCKING ARROGANT BASTARD I'M GLAD YOUR DEAD YOU PRICK!

(oh god I feel so much better now)

Jayne Meadows - was always nice to me but always acted like the Grande Dame actress she never was. True story - I was once at their house in Encino Hills and I was stuck in Jayne's wig closet for over an hour! I'm still in therapy over that one.

Bill Allen - he is an executive at one of the big studios and was a great guy. Seemed to know that he grew up priviledged and knew his dad was a has-been.

Terry Gibbs - vibe player/musician who played with Steve Allen and super nice and just a regular hard working musicians

Bill Nye - always nice and polite, very approachable.

Bob Newhart - ok but his wife was a mean as snakes

Dick Clark - his first name says it all. Didn't care who he stole from.

Bryan Cranston - dad in Malcom in the Middle = very genuine; always nice to his fans

John O'Hurley - J. Peterman from Seinfeld was always a great guy.

Marvin Hammlish - not a nice man.

Bob Hope - never met the man but I worked on several of his specials but his production company can all rot in hell (you know who you are).

Burt Young (deceased) - the coach in Rocky movies = loved being recognized by his fans.

Kurt Russell - are you kidding? One of the worst in Hollywood. A real macho shithead. It was real bad on the set of that movie he did with Stallone years ago.

Bobby Flay - an asshole both on and off the set

candleinthewind Guest
    Thanks Tombstone Tourist! I live for inside dish.

mike Guest
    Antonio Fargas (he was the pimp on 70s Starksy/Hutch) I shook his hand and he was very cool guy.I also met Lisa Bonet from the Cosby Show,Damn i the biggest crush on her in the 80s.When I met her she wasn't as big anymore and we had coffee (well she had tea) we talked for a whole hour and i really didn't want that end.My memory of her was that she was very nice and laid back.My wife hates when i bring this up.

ComputerGuy Guest
    Terrific Post Tombstone. I appreciate the dish and I guess everyone agrees on Bob Hope!!

Cathy J. Guest
    Even though she had died years before I was born, over the years I have met several people who had the pleasure of knowing Patsy Cline.

All of them more/less told me the same thing.

Very nice but loose. She loved to party with the boys and when drunk it was not uncommon for her to well...flash the men!!

Years ago Ralph Emery ( Grand Ole Opry ) had a book out that claimed that Patsy Cline and his then wife Skeeter Davis did not get along and it was due to one reason. Patsy's way of party. Patsy loved to have a good time and get down while Skeeter was, well a prude !!

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    Oh god I almost forgot ....

I was vacationing at my Uncle's cabin in the winter up in Northern California in Bear Valley and we all got into a snowball fight with Beau and Jeff Bridges. They were by far the coolest guys I ever met.

Oh, did I mention that STEVE ALLEN WAS AN ASSHOLE?!?
    (not that I'm bitter or anything)

JeffD Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone Tourist View Post
    Oh god I almost forgot ....

I was vacationing at my Uncle's cabin in the winter up in Northern California in Bear Valley and we all got into a snowball fight with Beau and Jeff Bridges. They were by far the coolest guys I ever met.

Tremendous! Thanks Tombstone!! I never would have known that about Mr. Allenhole

qdulce Guest
    Then New York Mayor Guliani, Joe Torre and Phylicia Rashad (of the Cosby Show) all very nice.
    Madonna (years ago- not too friendly.

BeeCee Guest

How cool is THAT! Glad to hear they are as nice as they would seem. I've had a crush on Jeff for lo these many years!

Sorry to hear about Steve though...I use to like him as a kid.

I guess Bob Hope and Steve Allen were a##holes. The same names just keep popping up with everyone. I never met Martin Landaue but saw an interview a lady did with him when the Mission Impossible movie came out in 96. The interviewer was very young and did not know that MISSION Impossible used to be a tv show that Landaue starred. When he found out she didn't know the history, or his role in the original tv show he proceeded to set her straight in a not so friendly manner. What made it even worse is when they were finished with the interview, he actually came back and told her off again while on camera! I thought he was a total jerk. She got the last laugh and looked directly in the camera and said she was waiting on a " Real " star to interview like Tom Cruise. Ha

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy J. View Post
    Years ago Ralph Emery ( Grand Ole Opry ) had a book out that claimed that Patsy Cline and his then wife Skeeter Davis did not get along and it was due to one reason. Patsy's way of party. Patsy loved to have a good time and get down while Skeeter was, well a prude !!
    I've read a couple of his books, and saw that bit in there about Patsy and Skeeter.

Apparently Skeeter broke Ralph's heart and left him.

I love hearing stuff about Patsy tho - she seemed really down to earth and someone you'd have a good time with over a few beers.

Quote Originally Posted by qdulce View Post
    Madonna (years ago- not too friendly.
    I had an ex who was a "star chaser" (Cher is her BIG-TIME one and she's even hung out with her!),

But she said the same about Madonna - not very friendly and REFUSES to give ANY autographs.

My ex also got to hang out with Prince and his entourage on one of his tours in the 80's and mentioned how Madonna and Prince had a thing going on and Madonna would hang out in his hotel room all day before his show that night.

My ex was in another hotel room, partying with the entourage (security guards and such), so she didn't see her coming and going - the guys told her about it.

Gary Guest
    Oh, can I play?

Dick Clark - his first name says it all. Didn't care who he stole from.
    I've heard the same thing about Dick. Another Buddy Holly story is that Buddy performed on Dick-head's show about 3 times. The last time he was on, he was to perform whatever his record was that was out at that time, but Dick wanted Buddy to do an old one.....well, Buddy did what HE wanted to do and Dick was a little upset so he didn't want to pay Buddy for his performance, but Buddy had a contract, so Dick-head HAD to pay. Dick has said, since then, that Buddy STILL owes him the money for his appearance and also Dick has since claimed that ALL Buddy Holly/Crickets footage has been lost in the archives. I do know that some footage in the archives actually has been lost, but I've been told the Holly footage DOES exist, but Clark refuses to use it because then he would owe royalties to the estate, and he won't do it. Instead, when Clark put out his BEST OF BANDSTAND tape a few years ago, he used footage from the Arthur Murray Dance Party show instead, that Clark bought the rights for, for ONE DOLLAR! What a Dick-prick.

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Dick has said, since then, that Buddy STILL owes him the money for his appearance and also Dick has since claimed that ALL Buddy Holly/Crickets footage has been lost in the archives. I do know that some footage in the archives actually has been lost, but I've been told the Holly footage DOES exist, but Clark refuses to use it because then he would owe royalties to the estate, and he won't do it. Instead, when Clark put out his BEST OF BANDSTAND tape a few years ago, he used footage from the Arthur Murray Dance Party show instead, that Clark bought the rights for, for ONE DOLLAR! What a Dick-prick.
    That story is totally straight-up. I handled all the footage from the old Steve Allen (did I mention I really hate this guy?) Shows including performances by Sam Cooke, Jerry Lee Lewis, and other early rockers and Dick Clark wanted to purchase all the footage for $1500 outright (no residuals or anything). Steve and I told him "no way" (we were making around $75,000 a year off 30-second replays) and he blackballed Steve's footage so if anyone bought footage from Meadowlane Productions (Steve's company) then they could never get Clark footage. This was right around the time the Bloopers shows caught on.

Oh, and all that footage does exists. But then along comes VH1 which rarely does business with Clark Productions so karma did come around and bite him on the ass.

ComputerGuy Guest
    I really enjoyed Steve in the Benny Goodman Story

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    OK, here's my musician list:

Nikki Sixx - wrote the intro to my book, always a great guy on the phone. All business in the morning and more at ease in the evening. Oddly enough when he was clean he would be up with his trainer by 5:30 in the morning.

Vince Neal - nice guy back stage. Nurses a Heineken for like two hours. Seems to have control over his demons. (gee Vince, was your wife an ex-stripper because you can hardly tell!)

The Scorpions - the greatest guys in the world. Basically friendly drunk Germans.

Joan Jett - painfully shy but really nice. Signs autographs all night long if thats what it takes. She ended up talking with my 12-year-old daughter for 30 minutes backstage after a gig.

Kenny Laguna - co-wrote most of Jett's songs and plays in the band. He was big in the 60's and has seen it all. He's what your dad would be like if your dad was cool.

Barbara Mandrell - bitch. (did I mention she's a bitch?)

Diana Ross - call her "Diana" to her face ... I dare you. It's funny as shit when she goes into the whole "Miss Ross" thing. Oh, and she's a diva bitch.

Mondel Lowe (deceased) - true story - I'm setting up the stage at some jazz club in Hollywood when he walks over to me and starts berating me like there is no tomorrow. So I tell Mr. Lowe (and I quote) "fuck you you fucking worthless fuck you don't pay my fucking check so get out my fucking sight while I'm working" (I'm 6-7 so I can say those kinds of things). He just looks at me, turns, and doesn't come back until 10 minutes before his set.

Christine McVie (Fleetwood Mac) - absolutely unbearable during the taping of Tusk. Hey Christine, how's that solo thing workin' for ya?

Michael Anthony (bass for Van Halen) - hands down the nicest rock star working today. I'm boycotting Van Halen until they bring him back.

Sammy Hagar - loves the fans but a bit of a prima donna (but not in a bad way).

Jimmy Buffett - nice guy but he definately runs with the high-end NY South Hamptons crowd.

Rush - Geddy and Alex are working musician who will take time out for the fans. Neil is busy telling everyone he hates the rock star thing and then writes three crappy books bitching about being a rock star. Neil NEVER meets with fans.

Robert Plant (Led Zep) - for a guy who is a rock god, he's actually pretty nice. A friend of mine went up to his house, knocked on the door, and posed in the doorway for a photo. Just another Tuesday at the Plant household.

Stevie Ray Vaughn - never meet him personally but knew his road crew. He smelled so bad they used to call him "Stinky Ray Vaughn."

Otis Redding's widow - don't even think of approaching her. Sweet Jesus she is a piece of work (now I regret NOT printing that "dead Otis on a hook" picture in The Tombstone Tourist - Musicians)

Rock 'n' Roll Museum in Cleveland - assholes
    Experience Museum in Seattle - assholes with a really crappy collection
    Georgia Music Hall of Fame - always great to work with

Jimmy Bryant - worldest fastest guitar. I met with his sister in rural Georgia at his grave and she told me C&W stories for over 2 hours. Turns out Chet Atkins was a total prick just like we all thought.

JeffD Guest
    OK, but what about Steve Allen???

Otis Redding's widow - don't even think of approaching her. Sweet Jesus she is a piece of work (now I regret NOT printing that "dead Otis on a hook" picture in The Tombstone Tourist - Musicians)
    With all thoe good stuff in your books, it's a wonder you didn't add a whole lot of death photos in them - any reason why?

ComputerGuy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    With all thoe good stuff in your books, it's a wonder you didn't add a whole lot of death photos in them - any reason why?

Books. Please let me know what the titles are and I'll purchase a few, as long as they get signed, or are you just like Steve Allen!!!!!

J/K

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    I did have a few - Sam Cooke, Buddy Holly, Rick Nelson plane crash - but I only did it if there was a reason. I felt at the time that seeing Otis on a hook didn't really serve a purpose but Sam Cooke was murdered and I wanted everyone to see that. Buddy Holly pics were published but that was so long ago and there were questions regarding the actual crash. Plus I wanted to publish photos that most people have never seen like the homes where they grew up and things of that nature.

And the title is The Tombstone Tourist - Musicians. Be sure to get the latest release.

Oh, two more stories:
    Merv Griffin - so I'm back stage delivering videos during his taping of his talk show. It's three minutes to airtime and his personal assistant comes running down the hall announcing the arrival to the king and we are to "avert our eyes." So what do I do? I stare right at Merv the entire time he's walking down the hall. Gave me major stink-eye and his PA stops right in front of me and glares at me. Hard to handle when you don't sign my check Sparky.

Danny Bonaduce - I'm a tour guide at Universal around 1980 and I watched with everyone else on the back lot Danny beating the crap out of his girlfriend. She connects with a right hook and we all break out in cheers. Good god that guy was a real piece of shit.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    OMG, what GREAT dish!

Love all your stuff, Tombstone.

Oh, I totally forgot! I saw the White Stripes in the Brighton, MI, Meijer's store one time before they were big. I only knew who they were because the ex husband dragged me to a lot of bar band gigs, mostly bad. We're right off a main highway so I figured they must have made a pit stop on their way to some gig.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I've written to Dominick Dunne several times. I think he is a wonderful fascinating guy. The first time was after OJ, no reply. The next time was when I heard he had prostate cancer and I wrote him a little note wishing him the best and got a note back. I also send him a birthday card every year (Yes, I am a dork) and always get a thank you note in return.

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    I've written to Dominick Dunne several times. I think he is a wonderful fascinating guy. The first time was after OJ, no reply. The next time was when I heard he had prostate cancer and I wrote him a little note wishing him the best and got a note back. I also send him a birthday card every year (Yes, I am a dork) and always get a thank you note in return.
    Dominick Dunne just reeks of old-money Vanity Fair style class.
    I love his stuff on TV.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I cried my eyes out when Jerry Garcia died and I'm going to do the same when Mr. Dunne passes, as well.

True class, Mr. Dunne is. They don't make 'em like that much anymore.

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    One last one before the weekend:

Lindsay Wagner (the bionic woman) - so she was in Nordstrom's here in Portland, Oregon when an older lady came up to her very quietly and asked for an autograph. Wagner just goes off on the lady shouting, "oh great, now look what you have started."

Hey Lindsay, what's your number .... ZERO????

In my 47 years, I have met or saw many many celebrities, in which 99% of them were nice to me. The standouts for me - and no offense to the others - is Ronald Neame (the movie director who was 91 at the time and is still with us at 96 as I write this), and Janet Leigh. Both were unbelievably gracious and kind and was interested in what I had to say.

The ruddest were two of them: Joey Heatherton (no wonder she can't get a job now), and producer Julia Phillips. I was at a 1997 screening of "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" in which Julia was on the panel. I made my way to her to tell her I had read her book "You'll Never Eat Lunch In This Town Again" and liked it. Then I told her how I was one of the first people to see "Close Encounters" and having to stand in line 7 hours to do so. She just looked at me and said, "Maybe you should have gotten a life." If anything, it proved she was just as charming in real life as she came off in that book. Oh well, you can't win them all.........

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Isn't it amazing when celebs are jerks? Who made you famous, azzhole?

I write. I write a blog, I write short stories, I am working on a novel and a true crime book (Michigan's answer to Anne Rule, hahahahaha!) and you can bet, if I ever achieved one iota of fame, I'd be kissing my fans asses on both sides and in the crack.

hoxharding Guest
    An acquantence of mine knew Mrs. Henry Gibson and asked her some advice on my behalf. From what I heard, she was very wise and funny.(now deceased)

tweetybird Guest
    I was in the opera chorus for the premier of Margaret Garner at the Detroit Opera House and Marvin Hammlisch was walking backstage with the composer, Richard Danielpour. Danielpour always came to rehearsals and he was a MAJOR egotistical jerk. Mr. Hammlisch said hello to me as I walked by, but I didn't realize it was him until he was behind me. Almost peed myself. I love his music. Well, at least he said hello!

Phyllicia Rashad also came to one of the rehearsals and she was super-nice to everyone, but made sure she scooted right out after the chorus was released from rehearsal. Denyce Graves (sang at the Sept. 11th services right after it took place) was star of that show and she was pleasant enough, but a little standoffish. My God, in person, that woman is gorgeous. The other main character was baritone Rod Gilfrey. He was soooooo nice. He talked to the chorus backstage and brought his family to rehearsals. He is a dear man.

Zeenie Guest
    Fergie was really nice
    Dog the Bounty Hunter and his wife Beth were nice
    Renee O'Connor from Xena was cool

mr.wanttohaveitall Guest
    I've been lucky enought to meet some funny female celebs:

JOAN RIVERS-Nice
    VALERIE HARPER-Nice
    VICKI LAWRENCE-Kind of nice but didn't say very much considering it was a meet and greet
    JUDY TENUTA-Nice
    PHYLLIS DILLER-Old and dotty but nice
    KAYE BALLARD-Nice
    CAROL CHANNING-Nice but again kind of old and dotty

and saving the best for last......(drum roll please)

LILY TOMLIN-she is my idol and one of the nicest celebs EVER. I've met her more than once and she is always very nice, down to earth and gracious, she makes you feel very comfortable around her. I've seen her interact with lots of other fans as well and she is incredible.

The story about Robert Klein is awesome. I loved reading that. I'd say Lily is on a par with Mr. Klein.

SquirrelNutZipper Guest
    I was looking over the site - saw the thread on Mr. Rogers and remembered one more "celebrity" I met....

I was working at the Grand Opera House in Wilmington Delaware on a college internship. Well, there were celebrities there, sortof...Forrest Tucker (wears a girdle), Butterfly McQueen...totally bizarre...had a "handler" with her because they never knew what she'd say. Those two were in a revival of Showboat. I did the publicity for it. Whoopdedoo!!

Anyway it was a lazy Monday afternoon and I was wandering around the lobby after visiting the ticket office. The person in charge of Community Affairs was walking with someone and said SquirrelNutZipper come over here I want you to meet someone....

Well, he introduced me to this guy whose name meant nothing until he said that he played Mr. McFeeley on Mr. Rogers. Needless to say I was impressed! I grew up watching Mr. Rogers and felt like I was meeting an old friend. I said "Mr. McFeeley - I watched you every afternnon".

Unfortunately, Mr. McAssley (emphasis on ASS) shook my hand or should I say fingertips, eyed me up and down and gave that look like he just smelled rotten eggs and immediately dismissed me.

I was so crushed! Then I got to thinking that this clown works on a kid's show and he's snubbing me.

I hate him as much as Tombstone Tourist hates Steve Allen. Well, maybe not as much but darn near close.

The only good thing about Mr. Rogers dying is that Asshat McFeeley is unemployed. Loser. I hate that man.
    Last edited by SquirrelNutZipper; 10-12-2007 at 08:03 PM. Reason: forgot stuff

One last one before the weekend:

Lindsay Wagner (the bionic woman) - so she was in Nordstrom's here in Portland, Oregon when an older lady came up to her very quietly and asked for an autograph. Wagner just goes off on the lady shouting, "oh great, now look what you have started."

Hey Lindsay, what's your number .... ZERO????
    And to think I had a major crush on her during her Bionic Woman days...

Quote Originally Posted by mr.wanttohaveitall View Post
    LILY TOMLIN-she is my idol and one of the nicest celebs EVER. I've met her more than once and she is always very nice, down to earth and gracious, she makes you feel very comfortable around her. I've seen her interact with lots of other fans as well and she is incredible.
    Lily Tomlin's parents are buried together in the same funeral home in Nashville as Tammy Wynette. After my friend and left her crypt, we walked down the hallway, and saw Lily's parents. It had old black/white pictures of them on the front of it, and Lily was named after her mother (and even looked like her!). Her mother has a different spelling of her name - altho I forget what it is.

36. 10-12-2007, 08:34 PM
    Reason
    mistake

mr.wanttohaveitall Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Lily Tomlin's parents are buried together in the same funeral home in Nashville as Tammy Wynette. After my friend and left her crypt, we walked down the hallway, and saw Lily's parents. It had old black/white pictures of them on the front of it, and Lily was named after her mother (and even looked like her!). Her mother has a different spelling of her name - altho I forget what it is.

HER MOTHER'S NAME WAS LILLIE MAE. LILY'S REAL NAME IS MARY JEAN. SHE CHANGED IT TO LILY IN THE 60'S WHEN SHE WAS BREAKING INTO SHOWBIZ.

Ron Burgundy Guest
    I play a LOT of golf, so I've run across my share of notables on the course.

Adam Baldwin
    Pat Morita
    Cheech Marin
    John Elway
    James Hampton (Caretaker in orig The Longest Yard)
    Randy Quaid
    McLean Stevenson

All pleasant guys, Elway was a bit absorbed with the round, not terribly social, but far from a prick. Cheech was surprisingly low-key, Baldwin was truly a nice guy, and a pretty fair player to boot. Hampton also nice, and we had something to talk about as I had went to High School with his son, Jim Jr.

I think what some have to remember is that these people are human just like you and I....they have their good days and bad, and occasionally one is apt to catch them on a bad day.

lady_blue Guest
    The only celebrities I've met are Lance Bass and Chris Kirkpatrick. Both were very nice.

Jorgensen Kelly Guest

LOVE THIS Thread!

Okay...I want to play too.

Angie Dickinson = the first celebrity I ever met. Lovely. My sister was her daughter Nikki's swimming teacher. I got her autograph. I was devestaed to hear Nikki took her life last year. Tragic.

Along the same lines, Burt Bacharach, many years later, when he was with Carole Bayer Sager. One of my first celebrity crushes. Still love him. He was one of the most gracious wonderful people I have ever met. Carole was nice too.

The Smothers Brothers. Interesting. Dick seemed very docile, pussy whipped. Tom, who took a group of us to dinner was intelligent and witty and told stories about all that went on way back when. Fascinating evening and a history lesson on 60's television from one who was there. He kept saying, "I can't stand my brother".

Had connections to the concert with Bobby Rydell, Fabian & Frankie Avalon. Bobby Rydell made me feel like family and his late wife Camille told me if I was ever in New Jersey, to come by the house and she would make me lasagne. Fabian- aloof. Frankie - seemed stuck up.

Bobby Sherman - my teen idol. I know him a little "too" well but I can say he takes the time to make his fans feel special. In his 60's now, but still has a boyish naive quality to him. He never got jaded.

On the other hand, Davy Jones. My first love at 6 or 7 years old. What a disapointment. The stories I could tell. Horrible little man with a HUGE chip on his shoulder. Every time I hear his name I say, "Little Shit". Sad that my pre-teen fantasies were destroyed.

While we are on the Teen Idols tour (9 years ago), gotta say that Peter Noone is funny, sweet and generous. GREAT in concert.

Harry Chapin, may he rest in peace. Beautiful gracious man. Kissed me on my hand. I didn't wash it for weeks.

Bruce Johnston from the Beach Boys. Down to earth, and very friendly. Put up with my ex husband telling everyone within earshot that Bruce "wrote the songs".

Jim Bogios of the Counting Crows. Soon to be an in-law family member. Nicest musician in the world.

Butch Patrick from the Munsters. Bought us a drink. GREAT guy, lots of fun.

Silly, and out of date, but Michael Damien formerly from The Young and the Restless. I met him before he was on the show and later invited me to spend the day with him on the set. One of the best days of my life. What a sweetheart. We exchanged Christmas Cards for years. 100% class act. Hope he is doing well.

Lots of others that I have met, mostly at the "has been autograph shows". If I think of more, I will share.

Celebrities I've met:

Jon Bon Jovi-met him in Sears. Seemed aloof, but he shook my hand.

Gina Gershon-met her this past Sunday in NY, after a show. Seemed very nice, and posed for pictures with me and a friend, who is a HUGE fan.

Kevin Smith-met him in his store in Red Bank. VERY nice, and friendly. We talked for a while.

Bruce Springsteen-he was OK. I was VERY drunk at the time, so that might have had something to do with it.

George Wendt-NORM! Met him in Newark Airport, after getting back from the Bahamas. He was in a rush, but he did pose for a picture with me. Later that night, I saw him on Saturday Night Live. Awesome!

That's it for me.

-K.

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    In High School, my Drama group took a three day tour of Hollywood. We stayed at the Roosevelt Hotel and just basically ran amok for the most part. LOL! The highlight of the entire thing was going to a live taping of "The Golden Girls", and then being told that the next night, we would have a surprise guest at dinner...

Sure enough, the next night at the restaurant we went to for dinner, Estelle Getty joined us! She was such a lovely lady, too. Her hair was a light brown/strawberry blonde color, I remember being surprised by that.

It was an awesome experience...Something I will truly never forget. I spent a few minutes sitting at the table with her, the two guys who headed up our tour, and my Drama instructor. She asked me what my goals were, and I told her...

"To drop out of high school and become an actress..."

She laughed and said if I needed work I could be on her show...

My Drama instructor raised his brow at me and rather firmly requested I go join my friends at our table. LOL!

I didn't drop out of school and become an actress sadly, but I still feel so touched when I think of how kind she was to me that evening.

I've "rubbed elbows" with a few other celebs, thanks to Seatfiller and friends who "knew people". LOL! I can happily say that no one I've ever come in contact with was mean, really...Perhaps standoffish, but no one has ever done anything mean or nasty to me or anyone else who's had these adventures with me...except maybe a couple bodyguards I can recall...grrrr.

McLyttle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lady_blue View Post
    The only celebrities I've met are Lance Bass and Chris Kirkpatrick. Both were very nice.
    To add to that, all of the Nsync guys are very nice.

I've met tons of celebrities through my job, so I would be here all day, but you have all hit the nail on the head with any we have in common.
    Last edited by McLyttle; 10-13-2007 at 03:09 AM. Reason: missed a word

HER MOTHER'S NAME WAS LILLIE MAE. LILY'S REAL NAME IS MARY JEAN. SHE CHANGED IT TO LILY IN THE 60'S WHEN SHE WAS BREAKING INTO SHOWBIZ.
    I stand corrected. I was just going by what I saw on the grave and sort of put two and two together. Thanks for the info!

ST Moron Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffsboys4 View Post
    Man, Lorne looked constipated as far back as Bonanza. Must have been Hop Sings cooking!
    Alpo.

ST Moron Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    [SIZE=3]I got nailed with a blast of bad breath that smelled like an old outhouse. [/SIZE]
    That so made me laugh!

I guess I was tripping about how someone supposedly putting their "public face" on couldn't be bothered to, uh, gargle a wee bit before a grip-n-grin appearance like that.

Yuck. I feel for you (and her husband).

ST Moron Guest
    Steve Allen - I used to be his personal assistant and all I can say is WHAT A FUCKING ARROGANT BASTARD I'M GLAD YOUR DEAD YOU PRICK!
    I hate when someone is so star-struck that they just gloss over someone's obvious faults.

djdeath-hag Guest

Wink

I've been lucky enought to meet some funny female celebs:

and saving the best for last......(drum roll please)

The story about Robert Klein is awesome. I loved reading that. I'd say Lily is on a par with Mr. Klein.
    Ms. Tomlin is the ONLY celeb that I've ever met, she was delightful, funny, gracious (I have the 8X10 of the 2 of us to prove it) and was shocked to know that back in the day....they made a "Laugh-In" lunchbox, which I treasured! She is a class act!!!

tomb,do you know anything about steves' first wife? is there a definitive bio of steve?

someone did a review of i've got a secret when steve took over for garry and it went something like Welcome to i've got a secret featuring steve allen! now lets join our host steve allen author composer recanateur philanthopist steve allen! and the i've got a secret panel.and now heres steve! sorry folks thats all the time we have this week,for i've got a secret,i am steve allen.

j

ComputerGuy Guest
    This is the best thread EVER. Thank you everyone for sharing with us

i concur with computer guy. thanks and kudos.