Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 21282930313239 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,500 of 2265

Thread: Nicest and meanest celebrity you've met

DrDeath Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Endora View Post
    Through a former gig I have spent at least a day with these people and these are my impressions on dealing with me and watching them with the public who approached them, and I do not live in LA:

Horrible: Julia Roberts, hands down the worst - to every female she encountered. I would ask her a question and she would turn to her assistant to answer my question for her. Nobody comes close to her snottiness.
    Awesome: Kathy Bates (an absolute angel who is also hilarious; very sweet and very approachable), Meryl Streep (SHOCKED at how great she was), Renee Zellweger (so sweet), Pierce Brosnan (beautiful inside and out and was sooooo kind to a bunch of ladies who approached him from the midwest who were about to have coronaries running into him), Steven Spielberg (surprisingly down to earth - we were at an awards ceremony with a gourmet meal and he sent his bodyguard out to McDonalds for food. Sounds tacky, but it was very discreet. And he was super nice to everybody who approached him.) I have a ton more if anybody cares.
    Please feel free. This is my favourite thread at the moment!

JacksTiger Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDeath View Post
    Please feel free. This is my favourite thread at the moment!

I enjoy it, too.

Fancynancy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mammyofthree View Post
    I have never understood Meg Ryan's appeal and figured she was a holier than thou bitch. Thanks for confirming that for me!

Ugh! I cannot stand this woman. I really started dslikingher when she turned on her own mother.

More Nicest: Lewis Black- My brothers and friends had tickets to Lewis Black's second show at the Tempe Improv. One of the group had to cancel and they called me and invited me to come and use the now extra ticket. I don't live that far and soon I was standing outside the Improv with them waiting for the first show to end and for us to be allowed to enter.

A few minutes after the first show let out, out of the corner of my eye I noticed a guy walk up and stand next to me. When he lit a cigarette I turned and saw that it was Lewis Black! He noticed me looking at him and introduced himself. My brothers and friends came over and he introduced himself to each one of them. We then stood around talking with him until someone came for him and told him it was almost time for his second show. He was very nice and asked if any of us were going to purchase his new cd that they were selling that night. When we said yes, he told us to go buy them and he would wait there and autograph them for us. We ran over and purchased the cds and ran back and he autographed each one of them like he had said he would.

As he was autographing the cds the Improv people were telling him that he had to hurray up and start his second show. Lewis Black stopped signing one of the cds and looked at us and said, "You know, somehow I don't think they are going to start the second show without me." He then finished signing and thanked all for coming and said he would see us inside.
    Last edited by Desert Ghost; 05-06-2011 at 04:17 PM.

stacebabe Guest
    I met Nikki Sixx last night at his book signing in Boston. The signing was only supposed to be from 7-9pm. I got there at 5pm, and was already on the 5th floor of Boston University bookstore. Of course he ran past his time limit, because he didn't rush through the signing, he took time to talk to everyone. He also made sure that every single book got signed before he left. Super, super nice guy, great smile, very genuine. It was worth the hours I spent in line.
    Last edited by stacebabe; 05-07-2011 at 07:39 AM.

chris jones Guest

Nicest Celebrity

Met, encountered and knew many, as I grew up in Hollywood. Clark Gable. When I was around 10, I was friends with his step-son and spent weekends at the ranch in Encino. Knew him as my friends Dad. A great guy. A cowboy really. Always in jeans and cowboy boots. Rode the horses. Just really wonderful family. Then he suddenly died. Sonny Bono. I was living in Palm Springs, in the swimming pool construction business. He called my office and asked me to come out to meet him at the House he had just bought after moving their from L.A. Had just opened his P.S. restaurant and recently married his new wife. He was way cool. Talked about all the difficulty he was having with the Building & safety Dept. at Palm Springs City hall. which was an ongoing issue with anybody getting building permits. I was out at his house a couple times, gave him my advice about what he could or could not do, but I didn't want to get involved in the job. But, really, a very funny, likeable guy. Not much later, he ran for mayor. One of his campaign promises was to fire and reorganzie the Building Dept. I voted for him. As you know, he won. That started his political career. The week after the election, he FIRED everyone at Building and safety and straightened out that mess. I encountered him a few more times in Palm Springs, at his restaurant. Always cordial, nice and friendly.

chris jones Guest

Phil Silver (Bilko)

I was standing in front of Cafe Brasserie on Sunset Blvd at 2ish am after the bars closed. Getting ready get into our car parked at the curb. From the opposite direction (westbound) comes this car, a light blue Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, speeding, and crossed over to hit another car almost head-on. Huge crash, cops, ambulance, big scene. A totally drunk Phil Silver is behind the wheel of the Rolls, unhurt. So drunk, smiling, told me he was OK. Then cops arrive. Not so funny. They arressted him. The girl passenger left in an ambulance. That was in '76. Flash forward to '84. A friend of mine called me up, said he had just bought a partially restored Rolls Silver Shadow. At the time I owned an '82 Silver Shadow. He asked me to stop by, as he was finishing up some under the hood work and wanted to refer to my car for comparison. Yep, it was the blue Phil Silvers car! What a coincidence. A beautiful car, he finished it and drove it for several years. Around the same time, I was coming out of the Los Feliz Inn restaurant, getting in my car and Chaka Khan pulled up next to me in the exact Silver Shadow as mine. She was way cool, 'said "I Love your car", laughed and went on her way.

chris jones Guest

Lucille Ball & Desi Arnaz

I attended a Military Boarding school in L.A. during the late 50s early 60's. Desi Arnaz Jr. (along with a number of celeb children) also went there. His Mom, Lucille Ball, was a member of the "Mothers Club". I was 8,9,10 ish at the time, just a little kid. But, I do remember her as being so very nice (of course). She attended all the school functions while Desi Jr. was there. Desi Sr., not so much. More than a few of these encounters and associations from that time. Hollywood was a lot smaller place in the 50s/60s than now. Later........

chris jones Guest

Stacey Keach

1977ish I was living on Kings Rd., in West Hollywood., doing a lot of partying AND alot of coke. Cocaine freebasing was just coming into vogue (if you can call it that) and my girlfriend and I walked the half block up to Santa Monica Blvd to buy some Butane and ChoreBoy (please no judgements, I'm just tellin the story) at the Mayfair Market (24hr). In the cleaning products aisle we literally ran into Stacey Keach buying the same stuff!,Ha. We all left together, partied and casually knew each other for a minute. Not an unusual situation at the time.

chris jones Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry in Connecticut View Post
    I never met a celeb, but I have had 'close encounters'.
    I was in line to cashout at a store. There was a guy in the next line with a kid.
    After he left I said to the cashier, "That looked like Brian Denehy"
    "It was" she said "He has a house in Woodstock." Woodstock CT is next to Putnam.

I was at the "Hampton Playhouse" [a barn playhouse now gone] in New Hampshire to see a play, "Brighton Beach Memiors" by Neil Simon. I was in the lobby before the play, looking out the open door, when Alan Alda came walking up from the parking lot.

What was nice was that nobody bothered him. His daughter had a part in the play. It was his evening with family, and that was respected.

This isn't even qualified, but here it is. Just a short walk from my apt is an XtraMart [think 711]. Paul Newman has a charity for kids around here. Hole in the Wall Something. Paul and Ms Woodward stopped in there one night about 9-10 years ago, and the cashier refused her the use of the toilet.

Can you believe? Mr & Mrs Sockerooni Sauce right before your eyes, and you don't prolong their stay!?!
    I used to see Brian Denehy a lot at the Ralphs supermarket in Carlsbad, Calif near my house, then I saw on the news he had committed suicide. John Robinson, USC & Rams football coach shopped there too. Richard Dreyfuss, actually quite a few. Not surprising, its a very nice beach town with La Costa right there.

SueWahoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chris jones View Post
    I used to see Brian Denehy a lot at the Ralphs supermarket in Carlsbad, Calif near my house, then I saw on the news he had committed suicide.
    Brian Dennehy is still alive, are you thinking of Brian Keith?

Awesome stories, by the way

Robert Redford - nice as can be
    Brad Pitt - super nice
    Craig Sheffer - super nice
    Glenn Close - super nice
    George Michael - quiet but nice

Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez - indifferent
    Andre Rison - indifferent
    Jessica Simpson - indifferent

Whitney Houston - BITCH - super ghetto
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "I just know I'm not the greatest power on this earth. I didn't create myself, because I would have done a hell of a better job." -Layne Staley

jeca Guest
    I met Rob Lowe on an airplane when I was a teenager. We wanted to get a picture, and his manager kept saying no to photos, and that no one should bother him. He finally told her to sit down, and that we could take his photo. He said he appreciated his fans, and without them he wouldn't be where he was. I have that pic somewhere. I'll have to see if I can dig it up.

He's not much of a celebrity to most people, but if you're a fan of drum and bass, my ex husband's college room mate was Diesel Boy. He and I grew up in the same area, and I knew him a bit in high school, but got to know him more in college. That's how I met my ex. He was very nice, if you served a purpose. At least that's how he treated girls. Maybe he's different now. Jon still talks to him, but I quit a long time ago.

Nelliebean Guest
    I used to see Brian Denehy a lot at the Ralphs supermarket in Carlsbad, Calif near my house,
    I picture his shopping cart full of canned chili and Twinkies.

chris jones Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SueWahoo View Post
    Brian Dennehy is still alive, are you thinking of Brian Keith?

Awesome stories, by the way
    Are you certain? I would almost swear his suicide by hanging (tough way to go I'd guess) was reported in the media 8-9 maybe years ago. Heavyset guy, character actor, cop/detective tv series??? Who was it that said "Reports of my death are greatly exagerated"?

Are you certain? I would almost swear his suicide by hanging (tough way to go I'd guess) was reported in the media 8-9 maybe years ago. Heavyset guy, character actor, cop/detective tv series??? Who was it that said "Reports of my death are greatly exagerated"?
    I just googled Brian Dennehy and he is still kickin'. 72 years young.

Brian Keith killed himself by gunshot in 1997, not hanging.
    Last edited by tjoy; 05-11-2011 at 07:59 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "I just know I'm not the greatest power on this earth. I didn't create myself, because I would have done a hell of a better job." -Layne Staley

Katrinawitch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    I met Nikki Sixx last night at his book signing in Boston. The signing was only supposed to be from 7-9pm. I got there at 5pm, and was already on the 5th floor of Boston University bookstore. Of course he ran past his time limit, because he didn't rush through the signing, he took time to talk to everyone. He also made sure that every single book got signed before he left. Super, super nice guy, great smile, very genuine. It was worth the hours I spent in line.
    So cool! Our good friend and his son were at another of Nikki's book signing's in NJ last week (they're huge fans of him, Motley Crue, and most metal bands), and said he was awesome. Our friend's son Brandon asked him for one of the many bracelets he was wearing, and he took it right off and gave it to him! Brandon wore it to the prom the next night; it's highlighted in all the pictures!

I totally get why celebs can get cranky about fans sometimes. They really can't have normal lives, walk down the street or go out with their families like normal people. It must suck sometimes, and I can't imagine having to deal with that. HOWEVER, their fans are their bread and butter, the reason they're there. There has to be a trade-off. They wouldn't be so famous, or make millions like a lot of major celebrities, without the public. They are in the entertainment business, period. It's not like they can have a career just performing for themselves or each other, you know?!

Quote Originally Posted by Katrinawitch View Post
    So cool! Our good friend and his son were at another of Nikki's book signing's in NJ last week (they're huge fans of him, Motley Crue, and most metal bands), and said he was awesome. Our friend's son Brandon asked him for one of the many bracelets he was wearing, and he took it right off and gave it to him! Brandon wore it to the prom the next night; it's highlighted in all the pictures!
    For all of his supposed debauchery, Nikki Sixx seems like a regular guy in interviews (aside from the big hair and tats). Sounds like a nice guy!

When I was recently in California I was listening to the radio and two d.j.s were talking about the meanest celeb they had interviewed. The interview was a couple a weeks ago and it was part of the p.r. for a new book the celeb had just published and was out promoting. They said the celeb was nasty, a jerk, rude, crude, lewd, etc. on the air and they couldn't believe his behavior towards them and the listeners. So who was this jerk? Gilbert Gottfried.

This seems to go along with all of the other postings about him on here.

orionova Guest
    While living in the UK, I worked as a cashier at a Tesco supermarket. I worked at the flagship store in Enfield, north London, but on some occasions would go to another local store when they didn't have enough workers to cover a shift. One of these times, I was at a Tesco in Brookfield Farm, and who should come into my line but Ray Winstone. It was one of the few times I've been at a loss for words. He'd played Will Scarlet in the British series 'Robin of Sherwood' when I was in my early teens, and I had had such a crush on him. He was just a normal bloke buying some groceries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Winstone

DrDeath Guest
    Ray Winstone?! Sooooo jealous!!!! Man's a legend

If you saw him now you'd have to repeat his line from those betting website ads *cue super-cockney accent* 'Old ap, the la'est deals are on the beans nah!' or something.

I've thought of this before....

Cat_AmmaKittehKat Guest
    I still havent met a celebrity......I may have a huff (or as my last post in this thread stated, may just start making things up! .... My creative writing skills may be coming into ply over the weekend )

Marcia Cross - very sweet and kind.

I met Judge Reinhold BEFORE he became famous, at the Lyric Theatre in Stuart, Florida. He's from this area but doesn't seem to want that known. Nice enough, just a brief five minutes if that. I met Lou Jacobi at the Burt Reynold's Dinner Theatre, and Joey Dee, all though a friend named Ira Cox, who has since passed away.

Jacksmum Guest
    I didn't know Brian Keith killed himself. Must look this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bake View Post
    Paul Newman- nice but rather aloof, no bothers him, but he knows your around.
    Happened to an acquaintance who was living in Seattle in the 90's: he was walking down a sidestreet when a sports car pulled into a parking space just ahead of him. Out of the driver's seat steps Newman. His eyes met my friend's, who just stood there with a deer-in-the-headlights expression staring at the legend. Newman gave a wry smile and a little nod that said, "Yep, it's REALLY me" and walks away.

Quote Originally Posted by sfcitygirl View Post
    Marcia Cross - very sweet and kind.
    So do you think all the personality drama on Desperate Housewives was just Nicolette Sheridan's fault? I always wondered about that. I saw NS on an episode of punk'd (she was the one punk'd) and she was really nice.

cloudddae Guest
    The only celeb I have ever met was..... Bozo the clown. I was 6 and I remember he was very rude.

Quote Originally Posted by tjoy View Post
    So do you think all the personality drama on Desperate Housewives was just Nicolette Sheridan's fault? I always wondered about that. I saw NS on an episode of punk'd (she was the one punk'd) and she was really nice.
    I don't know NS at all, so I can't speculate as to who may have done what, however, I truly can't imagine Marcia being awful to her (or anyone) for no apparent reason. I have never known her to be anything but fantastic so I'm certainly biased.
    Then again, NS also has all of that stuff going on with the lawsuit and their producer, so it kind of makes you go "hm..." Not saying anyone deserves to be abused, but for the purpose if this conversation, it gives me pause.

BuelahWitch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by donnie darko View Post
    I joined this forum just to reply to this thread!!

I met Bill Clinton back in 2008, when he was supporting Hillary for President. He wasn't a jerk at all, but he seemed kind of ... cold. I told him I admired him or something like that and he was like, "and thanks for what you said" later. I wasn't terribly impressed.
    It sounds like Bill has changed a lot after his heart surgery, because he once had the reputation for being one of the warmest people on earth.(I'm not talking about his peccadilloes either) . I saw him at Senator Tom Harkin's Steak Fry in Iowa in 2003 and after his speech he came over and worked the crowd for a long time. There was a fence between him and us, but he was very gracious, reaching out to shake hands and sign autographs. Also, when I lived in Salt Lake City (definitely NOT Clinton country!) the son of a friend of mine was in a high school band that went to the airport to play for Clinton when he arrived for a political function. The Secret Service tried to hustle Bill from the plane to a waiting limo, but he brushed them off and insisted on going over to talk to the kids, who had been waiting in the winter weather. He used to give the Secret Service fits by doing stuff like that all the time. But I've heard heart surgery changes people, and it's likely that happened to Bill too.

BuelahWitch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Snarky247 View Post
    Coolest ever -- Ruth Warrick (Phoebe on All My Children). I had dinner with her after she appeared at Oklahoma State & she was fascinating.
    Biggest douchebag ever -- Rich Hall. Remember Sniglets? Guy was a rude jerk, blew us off after we paid him to come do his show at OSU. Other people like Ruth Warrick & Vincent Price were gracious enough to have dinner with us (I was so in awe of Mr Price I think I said 3 words all night) but Rich Hall was too cool to hang w/us.
    You had dinner with Vincent Price!? *faint* One of my favorite actors, and VERY underrated, IMO!

Quote Originally Posted by Snarky247 View Post
    Met JJ Yeley (NASCAR driver) at the Chili Bowl (big race here in Tulsa). I thought he was a kid that was hired to sell t-shirts out of his trailer - turns out he is the kid ON the t-shirts Very sweet guy...posed for a picture with me when the spouse asked him to even though I know he was busy.
    Other celebs- Bob Losure (Original CNN anchor) - lovely man. I interviewed him on the U of Tulsa cable show I hosted in the 90s & he invited me to spend an evening shadowing him at CNN in Atlanta, which I was able to eventually do.
    Coolest ever -- Ruth Warrick (Phoebe on All My Children). I had dinner with her after she appeared at Oklahoma State & she was fascinating.
    Biggest douchebag ever -- Rich Hall. Remember Sniglets? Guy was a rude jerk, blew us off after we paid him to come do his show at OSU. Other people like Ruth Warrick & Vincent Price were gracious enough to have dinner with us (I was so in awe of Mr Price I think I said 3 words all night) but Rich Hall was too cool to hang w/us.

I have heard before that Rich Hall was a jerk. I remember him years ago on SNL too back in the '80's.

Oh, to have dinner with Vincent Price!! I wish I was there! He always seemed like such a delightful man.
    Cindy

westegg Guest
    Most Gracious: Gregory Peck. Stayed three hours at a bookstore, way beyond his expected time. Peck wouldn't leave until everyone had a brief chat with him. Total class.

tonysgirl4ever420 Guest
    Nicest - Aaron Goodwin from Ghost Adventures
    Meanest - James Hampton (Teen Wolf dad)

Quote Originally Posted by tonysgirl4ever420 View Post
    Nicest - Aaron Goodwin from Ghost Adventures
    Meanest - James Hampton (Teen Wolf dad)
    Aaron seems like a super cool guy (Dude!!!!). But I'm shocked about James Hampton. You just never know!
    Cindy

stephenmiller Guest
    So what did Hampton do to be so mean?

tonysgirl4ever420 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenmiller View Post
    So what did Hampton do to be so mean?
    We met him at The Scarefest convention. All different types of washed up celebs are there. Generally, they ask for $20 for an autographed picture of themselves. Even if you didn't buy an autograph all the other celebs would still do a quick picture with you or pose for one by themselves. James made it pretty clear not to even look at him without handing over the $20!! Said it was because he needed gas money..LOL! Needless to say they didn't invite him back a second time.

tonysgirl4ever420 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Aaron seems like a super cool guy (Dude!!!!). But I'm shocked about James Hampton. You just never know!
    When I first met the Ghost Adventures guys, Zak was my favorite, until we got to hang out with them. Aaron is super funny, sweet and very down to earth! Needless to say, he's my favorite now. I have met him two times previously and will see him again at Scarefest in Sept. It's in Lexington, KY, anyone close should come check it out!

Snarky247 Guest
    Thinking back on dinner with Mr Price, I remember wanting to steal the salt shaker since he had asked me to pass it to him...damn Catholic school guilt kept me from pocketing it after he left the table LOL

luvmypeanut Guest
    Tony's girl you met Chip Coffey??? What was he like?

iancurtis1980 Guest
    Viggo Mortensen: met him at the hotel Suecia in Madrid while filming Alatriste - Nice intelligent guy, kind of low key, funny enough we ended up having a football conversation in both languages, spanish and english, about Atletico Madrid and San Lorenzo de Almagro. Great encounter.

jeca Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by iancurtis1980 View Post
    Viggo Mortensen: met him at the hotel Suecia in Madrid while filming Alatriste - Nice intelligent guy, kind of low key, funny enough we ended up having a football conversation in both languages, spanish and english, about Atletico Madrid and San Lorenzo de Almagro. Great encounter.
    I love Viggo! It's nice to hear he's as cool as he seems.

iancurtis1980 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jeca View Post
    Even cooler, he was wearing sweatpants and a handlebar moustache.

jeca Guest
    Even cooler, he was wearing sweatpants and a handlebar moustache.
    Oh, that just makes it even better!

I have a friend who met him and also said he was very cool and nice.

Dale Earnhardt, Sr. (I live in Rockingham where one of the races was taken away)......he was very nice. This was in '98 I believe. NOT a racing fan, but was at the track with co-workers.

gemini33 Guest
    Joan Jett multiple times - super nice and shy

Guitarist Jonathan Montoya formerly of Saliva - I was front and center and he was drinking whatever liquid and sprewing it all over the audience. After the show, while waiting in line to get a t-shirt, I look over and he sitting right beside me. I told him he spit on me! He apologized! We all got a good laugh. Really, really nice guy.

A number of sports figures - all nice

Katrinawitch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gemini33 View Post
    Joan Jett multiple times - super nice and shy

Guitarist Jonathan Montoya formerly of Saliva - I was front and center and he was drinking whatever liquid and sprewing it all over the audience. After the show, while waiting in line to get a t-shirt, I look over and he sitting right beside me. I told him he spit on me! He apologized! We all got a good laugh. Really, really nice guy.

A number of sports figures - all nice
    Well, what do you expect from a guy in a band named "Saliva"!

Oogie Boogie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tjoy View Post
    Robert Redford - nice as can be
    Brad Pitt - super nice
    Craig Sheffer - super nice
    Glenn Close - super nice
    George Michael - quiet but nice

Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez - indifferent
    Andre Rison - indifferent
    Jessica Simpson - indifferent

Whitney Houston - BITCH - super ghetto

Isn't Left Eye Lopez dead? No wonder she's indifferent!

Oogie Boogie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jeca View Post
    Not to mention SMOKING HOT!!