Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Koenig

OMyStarz Guest

Andrew Koenig

I really hope this is premature, but by the sound of things, I am sad to say I think it is not.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olymp...dy-found_N.htm

VANCOUVER — Police said they discovered a body in a vast urban park and they believe it is the remains of missing American actor Andrew Koenig.

Vancouver police said the body was discovered about noon Thursday in Stanley Park, a location police have been searching for days since Koenig was reported missing Feb. 18 after he failed to return to California.
    Vancouver police have scheduled a 8 p.m. ET press conference at the park with the Koenig family.

The discovery comes just a day after Koenig's parents came to the Olympic host city from California to appeal for assistance in locating their son, known for his role as Richard "Boner" Stabone on the television series
    Growing Pains.

Walter Koenig, the man's father and an actor himself who played Pavel Chekov in the original
    Star Trek series, said his son was in the midst of a life-long struggle with depression.

I hope he found peace. Depression is not a bowl full of cherries.
    I've been battleing it most of my life too.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

Missing 'Growing Pains' actor Andrew Koenig's parents felt disrespected by Larry King snub

BY Patty Lee
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
    Thursday, February 25th 2010, 3:52 PM

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/02/25/2010-02-25_missing_growing_pains_actor_andrew_koenigs_parents_feel_disrespected_by_larry_ki.h tml#ixzz0gb33mObc

Walter Koenig (r.) has been desperately searching for his missing son, Andrew Koenig (l.).

The parents of "Growing Pains" actor Andrew Koenig encountered a snafu while making an appearance on "Larry King Live" Wednesday night to ask for help in finding their missing son.
    Just minutes before Walter and Judy Koenig were to go on-air, the actor's parents surprisingly left the Vancouver studio before host Larry King could get a word in via satellite.
    "We checked them out, they were prepared to go on, I said 'hello,' they said 'hello.' We said we'd be on in two minutes, they said 'fine.' And they got up and left for reasons unknown," King said on the show.
    Walter Koenig, the actor best known for playing Pavel Chekov in the "Star Trek" series, told TMZ.com they felt as though the talk show was being "disrespectful" by pushing back their appearance time.
    The pair was scheduled to go on-air at 6:30 p.m. from the Canadian city, however news of the SeaWorld tragedy pushed their segment to the final five minutes of the show.
    Given only a few minutes to discuss the latest news surrounding his missing son, Walter Koenig reportedly asked the crew to leave because there was not "enough time to do credit to what we had to say."
    Koenig's sister, Danielle, later spoke to Larry King on behalf of her parents.
    "It's just very upsetting," she said. "My brother does suffer from depression, so we're very, very worried about him, and we just want to find him."
    Koenig, best known for playing sidekick Richard (Boner) Stabone on the 1980s sitcom, was last seen in Vancouver on Feb. 14.
    The 41-year-old actor told his Venice, Calif. neighbors he was heading to Vancouver to visit friends, People.com reports.
    "He cleared out his apartment" about three weeks ago, neighbor Mark Clough told the mag. "It started off as a garage sale, and eventually, he put everything out in front of the apartment, like he was giving it away."
    Koenig's landlord also confirmed that the actor paid his final rent bill last month.
    He was last seen by friend Jenny Magenta, who told Usmagazine.com that she fears the actor may have hurt himself.
    "There's a small part of me that feels he just decided he wanted to live in the bushes or the mountains and not deal with people anymore," said Magenta. "But there are a lot of classic signs â?? things that he has done in the past couple months â?? that point to the possibility that he's taken his own life."
    Police say they have received "a substantial amount of tips and information" about the actor, who hasn't used his cell phone or conducted any banking since Feb. 16.
    Meanwhile, Walter and Judy Koenig issued another desperate return plea Thursday morning on NBC's "Today" show.
    "I just want to know you're OK," Walter said. "If it means you just want to stay here, that's OK. You don't have to come back. Just let us know that's your intention."

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0462809/
    [SIGPIC]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

OMyStarz Guest
    I've been following this story for days, and I'm so sad that it's ending this way. It sounds like he had a lot of friends and had a lot going for him, he just wasn't able to see it.

RIP Andrew

zombiexgirl Guest
    How sad, I was hoping they would find him just enjoying Canada. I am very interested in finding out the manner of death.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe_Zeppelin View Post
    Missing 'Growing Pains' actor Andrew Koenig's parents felt disrespected by Larry King snub

BY Patty Lee
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
    Thursday, February 25th 2010, 3:52 PM

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/02/25/2010-02-25_missing_growing_pains_actor_andrew_koenigs_parents_feel_disrespected_by_larry_ki.h tml#ixzz0gb33mObc

Walter Koenig (r.) has been desperately searching for his missing son, Andrew Koenig (l.).

The parents of "Growing Pains" actor Andrew Koenig encountered a snafu while making an appearance on "Larry King Live" Wednesday night to ask for help in finding their missing son.
    Just minutes before Walter and Judy Koenig were to go on-air, the actor's parents surprisingly left the Vancouver studio before host Larry King could get a word in via satellite.
    "We checked them out, they were prepared to go on, I said 'hello,' they said 'hello.' We said we'd be on in two minutes, they said 'fine.' And they got up and left for reasons unknown," King said on the show.
    Walter Koenig, the actor best known for playing Pavel Chekov in the "Star Trek" series, told TMZ.com they felt as though the talk show was being "disrespectful" by pushing back their appearance time.
    The pair was scheduled to go on-air at 6:30 p.m. from the Canadian city, however news of the SeaWorld tragedy pushed their segment to the final five minutes of the show.
    Given only a few minutes to discuss the latest news surrounding his missing son, Walter Koenig reportedly asked the crew to leave because there was not "enough time to do credit to what we had to say."
    Koenig's sister, Danielle, later spoke to Larry King on behalf of her parents.
    "It's just very upsetting," she said. "My brother does suffer from depression, so we're very, very worried about him, and we just want to find him."
    Koenig, best known for playing sidekick Richard (Boner) Stabone on the 1980s sitcom, was last seen in Vancouver on Feb. 14.
    The 41-year-old actor told his Venice, Calif. neighbors he was heading to Vancouver to visit friends, People.com reports.
    "He cleared out his apartment" about three weeks ago, neighbor Mark Clough told the mag. "It started off as a garage sale, and eventually, he put everything out in front of the apartment, like he was giving it away."
    Koenig's landlord also confirmed that the actor paid his final rent bill last month.
    He was last seen by friend Jenny Magenta, who told Usmagazine.com that she fears the actor may have hurt himself.
    "There's a small part of me that feels he just decided he wanted to live in the bushes or the mountains and not deal with people anymore," said Magenta. "But there are a lot of classic signs â?? things that he has done in the past couple months â?? that point to the possibility that he's taken his own life."
    Police say they have received "a substantial amount of tips and information" about the actor, who hasn't used his cell phone or conducted any banking since Feb. 16.
    Meanwhile, Walter and Judy Koenig issued another desperate return plea Thursday morning on NBC's "Today" show.
    "I just want to know you're OK," Walter said. "If it means you just want to stay here, that's OK. You don't have to come back. Just let us know that's your intention."

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0462809/
    Thats gonna help find your son.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

OMyStarz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    That's exactly what I thought. 5 minutes is better than no minutes at all when it comes to something like this.

It doesn't seem it really would have made much difference anyway.
    [SIGPIC]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Lilepad336 Guest
    CNN just confirmed it is him.

Body Found -- May Be Andrew Koenig

Posted Feb 25th 2010 6:20PM by TMZ Staff
    UPDATE: CNN is confirming the body is that of Andrew Koenig.

A body believed to be that of missing "Growing Pains" star Andrew Koenig was found by police in Vancouver.

According to police, the body was discovered in Stanley Park today at around noon.

Andrew has been missing since February 14.

A news conference is scheduled for 5:00 PM PT. Andrew's parents are supposed to attend.

Story developing...

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0gb7vsKor

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe_Zeppelin View Post
    It doesn't seem it really would have made much difference anyway.
    Yeah but they didnt know this when they were having their little hissy fit.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

They must have had some clue. They guy was seriously depressed. How blind could they have been?

OMyStarz Guest
    Yep, it's him.

Missing actor's body found in Vancouver park, source says

(CNN) -- Actor Andrew Koenig, missing since February 14, was found dead in Vancouver, British Colombia, Thursday, a source close to the family told CNN.
    The body of the former "Growing Pains" star was found in a park, according to the source, who spoke to Koenig's father after Koenig was informed of the discovery.
    The source asked not to be named because of the sensitivity of the matter.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/...ead/index.html

Wonder if they'll televise the press conference?

Desertrose Guest
    Very sad ending to this story. I hope he finds peace now.

Wonder how long the bodies been there? Is it a small city park with heavy traffic or is it one of those natural areas with rough terrain and barely accessible areas?

mel306 Guest
    His last episode from growing pains. The last frame in part 4 is really sad now.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

lab_rat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mel306 View Post
    His last episode from growing pains. The last frame in part 4 is really sad now.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

I'm not gonna look at it, but if I recall correctly he joins the military and that last episode is him and Mike Seaver saying bye. It was sad if I remember.

Cat lady in training Guest
    I feel horrible watching his dad on CNN right now.

OMyStarz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat lady in training View Post
    I feel horrible watching his dad on CNN right now.
    I'm watching CNN and all I see is "Obama Meets the GOP".

Hilde_Blue Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OMyStarz View Post
    Ha! Yeah, that's not AS important right? Who cares about the state of country? GET REAL.

OMyStarz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilde_Blue View Post
    Ha! Yeah, that's not AS important right? Who cares about the state of country? GET REAL.
    I can see that stuff 24/7 if I want.

just saw Walter Koenig on CTV confirming his son is dead.

I can see that stuff 24/7 if I want.
    What? You don't make that the focus of your life 24/7? How very dare you! You should live, breathe and eat that kind of news all the time!

Anyhow, RIP Andrew. Glad to see people calling him by his actual name on here instead of friggin' Boner.
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

RIP Andrew .. I always thought you were way hotter than that nappy headed jesus freak Kirk Cameron.. As someone who suffers from severe depressive episodes.. this really hits home. I hope you have found the peace and freedom where ever you are..that you could not find here.

RIP Andrew.

What a sad outcome. And I don't blame his parents for getting pissed at Larry King. If I had been told one thing and then pushed out I'd have walked out too. Larry King is an ass and so are the people at CNN. That was very disrespectful.

RIP Andrew. And God bless your parents in their grief.

death hag dee Guest
    RIP Andrew May you find the peace you have long sought and may God be with your family

Cat lady in training Guest
    I forget that there are 2, Headline news, the other CNN. Nancy Grace showed the whole press conference. Walter confirmed it was suicide, and he was part of the search team that found the body. (He himself did not find him, but he was searching another area and got a call) You could tell he saw the body before the cops got there and knew what happened.

MunstersBabe Guest
    My heart goes out to his friends and family. I hope he found the peace that eluded him for so long.

OMyStarz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MagneticElectric View Post
    What? You don't make that the focus of your life 24/7? How very dare you! You should live, breathe and eat that kind of news all the time!
    tee hee....

Tiptoeing back on topic....

http://www.etonline.com/news/2010/02/84419/

Walter Koenig and his wife Judy said at a press conference on Thursday evening that their son Andrew Koenig, the previously missing "Growing Pains" actor, had committed suicide.
    The "Star Trek" star's voice trembled with emotion as he shared the sad news about the loss of his 41-year-old son, whose body was discovered by Vancouver police on Thursday.
    "We've already said what a great guy he was and a good human being â?¦ He was obviously in a lot of pain," Walter said of Andrew.

OMG I feel so horribly bad for his parents right now. I can't imagine what they must be going through.

Hilde_Blue Guest

I wonder how he killed himself.

KarmaKat Guest
    Oh this is not how I wanted this story to end at all.
    Very sad for his parents and friends.

RIP Andrew

Fancynancy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Demondahlia View Post
    RIP Andrew .. I always thought you were way hotter than that nappy headed jesus freak Kirk Cameron.. As someone who suffers from severe depressive episodes.. this really hits home. I hope you have found the peace and freedom where ever you are..that you could not find here.

Something is wrong with a nappy head?

sablegsd Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerseysucks View Post
    I hope he found peace. Depression is not a bowl full of cherries.
    I've been battleing it most of my life too.
    Me too. It is relentless. If my disabled hubs didn't need me to care for him, I would have offed myself years ago.

R.I.P. Andrew
    Last edited by sablegsd; 02-25-2010 at 06:06 PM.

Lout_Rampage Guest
    I had hoped this story would have a happier ending. I'm so sorry it ended this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancynancy View Post
    Something is wrong with a nappy head?
    Its a descriptive term there is no state of positivity or negativity intrinsic to an extremely curly head of hair it basically exists as a neutral entity until an observer attributes some sort of value to it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dyl0j3WU6Y

innervoice Guest
    RIP, Andrew.

I'm wondering if he hung himself from a tree and that's why he wasn't immediately discovered. I was watching Jane Valez-Mitchell and she mentioned that she knew Andrew personally....how he was a pure soul (no alcohol or drugs EVER, big enviornmentalist, caring and didn't want anyone to know that Walter Koenig was his father, etc). She also said she was driving with him once and he mentioned something about being on Growing Pains--she had no clue at the time that he was "Boner".

I feel so sad for his parents and loved ones.

Last edited by cash; 02-25-2010 at 06:25 PM.

Roaming Tigress Guest
    RIP, Andrew. His family has my most sincerest condolences.

stacebabe Guest
    I watched his dad's press conference. Breaks my heart. I don't think I'll ever understand what drives someone to suicide, knowing what/who it leaves behind.

hoxharding Guest
    Supposedly some of his friends found his body-they looked at some trails he liked to walk.
    I just started to cry when I saw the notice-I don't know why but before there was
    word tonight-I was actually(stupidly)looking at webcams around the area of Stanley Park and trying to find cams near the woody/mountain areas. I was also looking at his personal pics he has. I am on his friend's list and was just looking at them.
    =( How horrible for his family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Philliefan View Post
    What a sad outcome. And I don't blame his parents for getting pissed at Larry King. If I had been told one thing and then pushed out I'd have walked out too. Larry King is an ass and so are the people at CNN. That was very disrespectful.

Yes, Im sure his parents were really stressed.

KarmaKat Guest
    Any word on what happened yet?

KristinEileen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaKat View Post
    Any word on what happened yet?
    During the press conference the officer told the media that they would not release how he did it but she did say at one point something about it NOT being related to a weapon....

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Well, I can completely understand how they felt. Waiting waiting, then given a measly left over 5 minutes. Five minutes isn't very long. How much can you say? It would have taken five monuites to introduce them. Larry King would spent it rambling incoherently.

Quote Originally Posted by Philliefan View Post

I agree.

RIP Andrew. I am so sad it ended this way. his poor, poor parents.

hoxharding Guest
    Someone has been on his profile in the past hour and is removing stuff-his clubs are no longer listed

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    Someone has been on his profile in the past hour and is removing stuff-his clubs are no longer listed

I HATE when people do that!!!

hoxharding Guest
    Here is a photo he took of his own shadow
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Well, I can completely understand how they felt. Waiting waiting, then given a measly left over 5 minutes. Five minutes isn't very long. How much can you say? It would have taken five monuites to introduce them. Larry King would spent it rambling incoherently.

I agree.

RIP Andrew. I am so sad it ended this way. his poor, poor parents.
    5 minutes of airtime on a popular cable broadcast is better than none when you are trying to get a message out is all Im sayin.
    I dont know if I'd have reacted in a better manner though if put in a similar situation.Hell yeah Id be pissed at Scary Thing but that 5 minutes might be the most important 5 minutes ever spent putting aside my anger if it saved the life of a loved one.

hoxharding Guest
    Just two more pictures
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dapper andrew.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	27614   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	happy andrew.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	27615