Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jersey Shore

John Connor Guest

Jersey Shore

DRAMA, disrespect and the eff word. Who watches this show? They are like a bunch of 65 year olds in 20 something bodies. At the end of the day very conservative. I like The Situation the best.

Nosgothic Guest
    They are such trash! I saw the one where "Sookie" got decked in the face.

1karenhb Guest
    I watched part of one show and that was enough for me.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Blecchh. No thanks.

STsFirstmate Guest
    I love it. It is like a car wreck. I see kids like this on Long Island all the time. They would need to stay up nights studying for a urine test.
    I just always worry that young kids see this trash and think normal people hook up 15 minutes after meeting someone.
    I do find it funny that the situation and the problem are always talking about taking care of business but they never seem to be able to deal the deal so to speak.
    regards,
    Mary

Finally! I dared not be the first to admit to this cheezy, dirty, tanned, juiced secret pleasure.... I watch it, stunned, with my mouth hanging open.

John Connor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    I love it. It is like a car wreck. I see kids like this on Long Island all the time. They would need to stay up nights studying for a urine test.
    I just always worry that young kids see this trash and think normal people hook up 15 minutes after meeting someone.
    I do find it funny that the situation and the problem are always talking about taking care of business but they never seem to be able to deal the deal so to speak.
    regards,
    Mary

I love it. They aren't car wrecks. They're decent. Way more conventional than me.

GuiltyLittleDeathHag Guest
    Ok, I'm half Italian and I gotta say, there are people like this...for sure, but what happened to showing off our rich history and culture instead of making ourselves look like a bunch of meatheads...At the end of the day, these people act like trash, I agree completely, I can find humor in some of it, because I certainly know people like this but sadly I know many who aren't anything like this and to those who stereotype they are making us look like a major joke...I'm not into Italian guys AT ALL, have to be honest, probably because I grew up with them my whole life and many I knew had SOME of the same attitude traits...I guess I stereotype myself LOL. What I saw in my family was always "Men can do whatever they want, womanize, treat women like garbage, and you still have to show them "respect", because they are males and you have to make excuses for every male in your family...Maybe this can be a wake up call for us out there to see how dumb that attitude is and start bringing our culture back up LOL. I know watching this show frightens the he!! outta me...I don't want people thinking all Italians are like this, cause it's about 50/50 lol.

I know it's against the rules to say racist things, I"m really not being racist, I don't hate anyone, just saying from my experience and speaking about my own background...Hope I don't offend anyone...
    Last edited by GuiltyLittleDeathHag; 01-08-2010 at 06:41 PM.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I'm Italian, too. I don't find them nearly as insulting as Growing Up Gotti was. That, to me, glamorized the entirely wrong segment of the Italian population.

I think these kids have at least a good sense of humor about themselves, and realize they are something of a cariacuture.

I lived out east for 6 years and spent 5 summers down the Jersey Shore, til we moved up in the world to Long Island. Back in those olden days (we wore bathing costumes that covered us from neck to ankle), the Shore was pretty wild, but nothing like this. I was quite innocent and unsullied compared to what seems to go on now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    I'm Italian, too. I don't find them nearly as insulting as Growing Up Gotti was. That, to me, glamorized the entirely wrong segment of the Italian population.

I think these kids have at least a good sense of humor about themselves, and realize they are something of a cariacuture.

I lived out east for 6 years and spent 5 summers down the Jersey Shore, til we moved up in the world to Long Island. Back in those olden days (we wore bathing costumes that covered us from neck to ankle), the Shore was pretty wild, but nothing like this. I was quite innocent and unsullied compared to what seems to go on now.
    I definitely see your point about growing up gotti. I remember one episode where Victoria Gotti says something about how it's insulting that when people see her and her kids all they associate them with is the mob and I was like "Um, isn't that EXACTLY what your show is basing itself around and exploiting?!" In general, I don't get extremely offended by shows that tend to stereotype my backgrounds, but I can see how some people may make the argument that if shows were done about other cultures which promoted negative stereotypes, that would never be tolerated (and well it shouldn't be, especially protected groups).

Still, it's sad that all people seem to talk about in terms of Italian culture is what we always called "greaseballs", pizza and the mob when it is so much more, yes there does tend to be a male dominated theme, but our contributions to art, political thought, philosophy, cuisine, and family is also very rich and often gets over looked for pinky ring wearing macho men without much brains or tact...Yes, some are like that, but please media, balance it out some more!!!!

Meli Guest
    This show is gross!! I hate the fact that these idiots not only allow the typical stereotype of italians they seem to embrace it. YUCK!

pattykad Guest
    Okay, I watched it to see what the fuss was about. They come off more shallow
    than they probably really are. It's lower class than the Real World shows
    and the Jersey Shore looks pretty dumpy. Most shocking to me is that acid
    washed jeans and slashed tee shirts are beck in style and some guy punched
    a little gril in the face. Other than that, it's not as shocking as I had expected.
    What is all the fuss about?

John Connor Guest
    In all honesty they seem like many Italians I've known and that's not a bad thing. I don't get the guys wearing lip gloss though.

pattykad Guest
    I didn't mind the lip gloss, it was the black french manicures on the girls that
    confused me.

A-train Guest
    I hate to admit it but I've watched every episode of this, lol. They might as well be from a different planet!! I'd love to see them come to Oklahoma, go out to a bar, and act like that, lmao. I watched one the other night where the huge musclebound one, Ronnie, beat the crap out of some guy on the boardwalk-quite entertaining. I have a friend who actually is from that town, Seaside, and said people there don't act like that, well most-all these people are transplants from NY right?
    Snooki cracks me up. Who saw the first episode where she's eating the pickle? It reminded me of that scene in Old School where Andy Dick teaches the girls to um, perform fellatio....Who wants to bet she ends up working for Vivid? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by John Connor View Post
    In all honesty they seem like many Italians I've known and that's not a bad thing. I don't get the guys wearing lip gloss though.
    I've met a lot who act like this too, but many many who don't, especially women...I know lots of Italian families where girls are like so sheltered and such that they would never act trashy like these girls do. Frankly, I feel these are the more "Americanized" ones who didn't grow up with the strict Roman Catholic or family values. And it seems to be even more like this in NYC and the surrounding areas and cities...Don't know why, it's like a subculture of some sort...Not very flattering for the rest of us nevertheless!! But have to admit that, yes, I know many like this, too.

Quote Originally Posted by pattykad View Post
    Okay, I watched it to see what the fuss was about. They come off more shallow
    than they probably really are. It's lower class than the Real World shows
    and the Jersey Shore looks pretty dumpy. Most shocking to me is that acid
    washed jeans and slashed tee shirts are beck in style and some guy punched
    a little gril in the face. Other than that, it's not as shocking as I had expected.
    What is all the fuss about?
    I think the fuss is that it takes a stereotypical group of people who seem proud of the not-so-flattering stereotypes and act trashy, also you take the abuse of a woman (Was it snooki who got punched in the face?) and rampant casual sex and it's bound to make a stir. I just think these people are icky.

ghoulgurl Guest
    I took a sneak peek at this show. Afterward, I felt as if I had to a) wash and b) go to confession. I don't normally watch any of the "reality" tv trash that's out there. I'm totally out of the demographic so if I know about it, then you know they had a mad promotional budget. The cast members are cashing in on their 15 min. of fame with good paying appearance gigs. It's scary to see young, shallow, Ooompa Loompa Orange, and unintelligent people make a career out of being a caricature. Some funny animated videos: Jersey Shore "The Situation"(Room) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_IULFPZj0Y
    Jersey Shore Meet the Cast http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM475qtRCDE&NR=1

And the best part? They refer to sexual intercourse as "Shmooshed" hahahahaaaa!

Never have I watched a show where I wanted to punch everyone in it. The dancing??? What the hell was that?? Maybe I'm just getting old.

stinkythejokedog Guest
    just kooky kids enjoying their youth

RoRo Guest
    my New Years resolution was to NOT watch any of these types of pathetic crap passed off as entertainment

Well, that's yet another reason to stay away from MTV...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

I think that "Snooki" Looks like a mini-me version of Lily Munster from
    the 1960s sitcom The Munsters.
    Last edited by theotherlondon; 02-05-2010 at 02:00 PM.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Okay, since I am Italian and I have a lot of hair, my friend Tiffany bought me a Bump It, which was a joke. Then, I got bored one night...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bumpit.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	24564  

crimson and clover Guest
    Snooki looks like something I would stick on my dash, like one of those dancing hula girls

Okay, since I am Italian and I have a lot of hair, my friend Tiffany bought me a Bump It, which was a joke. Then, I got bored one night...
    Hahahaha Mrs W! Love it!!! I was tempted to buy the Bump It too just for kicks! You look awesome!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When life hands you tequila, make a margarita.

Jersey Shore Guido Fist Pumpin Dance Off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st_ib...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Jersey Shore Guido Fist Pumpin Dance Off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st_ib...eature=related

Dey beddah not bring dat bullshit inta da Bing.

Name:	silvio.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	27686  

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Dey beddah not bring dat bullshit inta da Bing.
    Yeah dos candy ass kids woodn't last 2 seconds! Not for nuttin but dey ain't all that if you get my drift!!!
    Actually I just love the show and actually like the kids. If you are not useless and crazy a bit when you are younger then you squander an opportunity in my opinion.
    Work and family take a lot of options to be an idiot away for a very long time so having one summer of idiocy in your youth should definitely be forgivable!
    Regards,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by crimson and clover View Post
    Snooki looks like something I would stick on my dash, like one of those dancing hula girls
    Ha Ha!! She does, doesn't she? Did you see the episode where Snookie was dancing on the boardwalk - by herself?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    Blecchh. No thanks.
    Same here. I don't see the attraction myself, then again, I'm not big on reality shows.

Deathgoddess Guest
    After hearing about it SOOO much I watched the marathon of all of the episodes leading up to the finale and I found it to be surprisingly tame! The way everyone was talking about it, I thought there would be kids running around naked and gratuitous sex.

It honestly was just a bunch of shallow kids acting like kids do. I honestly didn't see any casual sex other than "The situation" having a one night stand one time. Other than that there were just a few make out sessions, nothing any worse than what goes on everywhere in the world!

I am not an Italian American so I can't speak to the angle of it being insulting and stereotypical, I understand if people feel that way though.

And lastly I found myself having a huge, gigantic crush on Pauly D. I have no idea why but he really does it for me, don't worry my husband and friends make fun of me relentlessly for it.

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoddess View Post
    After hearing about it SOOO much I watched the marathon of all of the episodes leading up to the finale and I found it to be surprisingly tame! The way everyone was talking about it, I thought there would be kids running around naked and gratuitous sex.

It honestly was just a bunch of shallow kids acting like kids do. I honestly didn't see any casual sex other than "The situation" having a one night stand one time. Other than that there were just a few make out sessions, nothing any worse than what goes on everywhere in the world!

I am not an Italian American so I can't speak to the angle of it being insulting and stereotypical, I understand if people feel that way though.

And lastly I found myself having a huge, gigantic crush on Pauly D. I have no idea why but he really does it for me, don't worry my husband and friends make fun of me relentlessly for it.
    I am with you! The Situation and the Problem (Pauly) talked about sex a lot but I saw nothing really happening. They were always trying "hook up and take care of business" and nothing seemed to ever work out.
    They are like two minor Shakespear characters chasing after the lovers with nothing happening!
    They are just a particular breed of wild , shallow kid. They aren't Rhodes scholars but they aren't bad kids either.
    I wish them all well and I hope they bank come out of this with some money for an ITS marine engine repair course or real estate or cosmotology after their 15 minutes are up.
    Regards,
    Mary

It's called JERSEY SHORE for a good reason:
    They look like the ilk you see in Wildwood, NJ.

enjoy being a wigger now because SITUATION

this is not the face of a longterm stud
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Dying Breath Guest
    Evolution....

Name:	jersey.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	28808  

POOKI
    and below could this be Our Little POOKI in 2055 ?

CORONERGAL Guest
    ^^WAHAHAHAHAHA! I personally don't watch that show. I've got enough drama in my life as it is, lol.
    I read somewhere on the net where some critic described Snookie as "a turnip turned on it's tip". I had to LOL at that one.
    I am no stickbug, by any stretch of the imagination. However, I also do not parade around in a bathing suit that would end up with me getting arrested for indecent exposure.
    And a ONE PIECE, at that!

simon69 Guest

'Gay men on board': Jersey Shore cast return from their shopping trip to find sign ta

They spend much of their time working out at the gym, tanning and perfecting their hair to make themselves irresistible to the local â??Guidettes.â??
    But it seems someone was having a bit of a joke with the Jersey Shore boys yesterday by taping a gay sign to the back of their SUV.

Paul 'DJ Pauly D' DelVecchio and cast mate Vinny Guadagnino first noticed the sign when they returned from their shopping trip to see the piece of paper which read: â??Gay men on board. Gay rights is all we ask.â??
    Sign surprise: Paul 'DJ Pauly D' DelVecchio and Vinny Guadagnino return from shopping at the shore to find a gay rights sign taped to the back of the car

Gay rights: The paper taped to the SUV read: 'Gay men on board. Gay rights that's all we ask!'

Ronnie Ortiz Magro and Sammi 'Sweetheart' Giancola had earlier seemed unaware of the sign as they left the vehicle.

More...

They, along with the other members of the Jersey Shore gang had been stocking up on groceries at their local store.
    Earlier this year, cast member Ronnie Ortiz Magro found himself in hot water when he was videotaped using homophobic slurs during a brawl.

Motor mischief: Ronnie Ortiz-Magro and Sammi 'Sweetheart' Giancola seems unaware of the 'Gay Men on Board sign as they go shopping yesterday

He was seen calling another bar patron a â??f****** f***** and a f******* queer.â??
    The footage was never aired on MTV and Ronnie later apologised on Twitter.
    â??I apologise to my fans, In the heat of the moment I said a lot of things I didn't mean and I'm very sorry,â?? he tweeted.

Reunited: Sammi and Ronnie look to have sorted out their problems as they went shopping yesterday

Ronnie has found himself in more trouble this week when his girlfriend Sammi 'Sweetheart' Giancola walked out of the house after finding out he had been cheating on her.
    But she soon returned and it looked like they were back on track during yesterdayâ??s shopping trip.

Jersey boys: Ronnie, Pauly D, Vinny and The Situation outside their Seaside Heights pad

I love Jersey Shore, but I'm pretty sure most of it is contrived. Rumor has it that Ronnie is a huge coke head. He is twitchy, sweaty, and out of control this season.
    I am sad to have to admit that my oldest daughter who is short and very much resembles the Italian side of the family has been dressing like Snookie for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    And were this 1967, having it would be a fashionable hair style.

Reecy Guest
    I hate to admit this but I'm a watcher.

My favorite is Eraser head (Pauly). I just go crazy for him.

PurrPurr Guest
    Snooki Fined $500

http://www.mail.com/Article.aspx/ent...rrest?pageid=1

BAHAHAHAHA!!! The judge called her a "Lindsay Lohan wannabe."

Elizabeth Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    Snooki Fined $500

http://www.mail.com/Article.aspx/ent...rrest?pageid=1

BAHAHAHAHA!!! The judge called her a "Lindsay Lohan wannabe."
    I am ashamed to say I watched her on TMZ live......and I never noticed before how many times she fricking touches her hair!!!!! Flips it forward, throws it back, pushes it up.....OMG!!!!!

But really, all she got was a lousy $500 fine and another day of community service (she supposedly did a whole day last weekend!!!)......but it was sooooooooo excellent to hear the judge call her the "L" word (Lindsay!!!)

Elizabeth Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    And were this 1967, having it would be a fashionable hair style.
    Oh, I think that style may be here to stay again.....what goes around, comes around.....

I tried to watch it and literally did not make it ten minutes. They were sooooooooo fucking stupid!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Reecy Guest
    They're just a couple of young people who are making lots of money. When I was younger I had a great time with my friends although we didn't jump in bed with whoever we met. I'll still watch them have their fun.

Former 'Jersey Shore' star Angelina Pivarnick pregnant

I...I..Dear God, No No. Just No.

Angelina Pivarnick, a former cast member of the U.S. reality TV show "Jersey Shore," confirmed Wednesday to TMZ she is pregnant with her first child.
    http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/f...ld-1023373.php
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

pvezz Guest
    Well, let's hope she at least quits drinking and smoking while she's pregnant.