Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Avatar/Signature/Profile Picture Questions

Hmmm. What format is your avatar? You might try resizing it to 160x120, or 100x100.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    Hmmm. What format is your avatar? You might try resizing it to 160x120, or 100x100.
    I tried 100x100 as well, no joy. What happens is it shows up as my current avatar but when clicking the 'save changes' bit it goes to a new page with 'Upload of file failed.' on it.

It might be user error (ie: me ). I'll try a different picture as a test.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    sorry to double post. It was indeed user error, I wasn't paying attention and wasn't seeing my avatar on my posts as I was editting my profile picture. Uploaded avatar fine now.

Thanks for the help kicking my brain into gear.

LOL! No problem, glad you got your av!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

I'm new and have a question

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do I put a pic on my profile. I looked everywhere and can't figure it out. Do I just make an album or what? Thanks!

Click on the Settings link near the top right of any forum page and you'll see a lot of categories you can tweak, among them your profile picture. Here's the direct link, though: http://www.findadeath.com/forum/prof...editprofilepic.

Why isn't my Bunny swooning? Or is it?

My board avatar is a cartoon of a Swooning Bunny. Lately, when I check my posts, the GIF is frozen in a certain position. (At least that's what I see.) The problem with this is ... well ... the way it's frozen, it looks rather like ... a drawing of a giant penis.

It embarassed me so much, I went to go change it tonight, but on my "change avatar" page, the bunny is still swooning! WTH?

On my posts, is the bunny moving or not??? I don't wish to be thought of as The Giant Penis Girl ...
    <a href=http://www.findadeath.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1268&dateline=1407686900 target=_blank>http://www.findadeath.com/forum/imag...ine=1407686900</a>

Holy crap, NOW it IS swooning.

I am extremely confused. Will go check other threads. But this is getting a bit freakish now!
    <a href=http://www.findadeath.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1268&dateline=1407686900 target=_blank>http://www.findadeath.com/forum/imag...ine=1407686900</a>

DAMMIT. On this same page, the top post is swooning, the second post is frozen. I've been warned I need to add RAM to my computer. But my top question is, what are other posters seeing???

Ive tried using animated gifs as avatars but they always appeared static to me. Ive seen other avatars that are animated on here. Never could figure out what I was doing wrong. Good to know Im not alone.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Looks fine here Noor.

Try clearing your cache and cookies, then closing and re-opening your browser. See if that doesn't fix it up once the old, cache'd images are cleared out of your system. If you need help with how to do that, let us know. Everyone will help you. And if you do that and it doesn't work, also let us know that too, if you would.
    Last edited by SomeChick; 10-05-2011 at 07:58 PM.

Life goes on.

I cleared my cache, cookies, and temp internet files (Thank you!!!) Then I rebooted and reopened my browser. But my bunny swoons most of the time, while on some few threads, it's still static.

I'll try one more trick; close out this browser and open a second one.

Perhaps I should just give up and go with a new avatar. I don't wish to be a bother. Truly, I don't.

Yeppers, the second browser was the key, it seems. My default browser seems to store images some weird way, while the other does not.

Thanks for all your suggestions and help offers!

I can't see anyones avatar or pic. What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Noor 7ayaty View Post
    Yeppers, the second browser was the key, it seems. My default browser seems to store images some weird way, while the other does not.

Thanks for all your suggestions and help offers!
    Any time, Noor

Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    I can't see anyones avatar or pic. What should I do?
    Have you checked your forum settings? If you're not sure which ones to look at, hit the Settings link in the upper-right of any forum page. Then in the left column under My Account, choose General Settings. About halfway down that page you'll see Thread Display Options. Are these boxes checked?:

Show Signatures
    Show Avatars
    Show Images

If not, you'll want to check those and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and hit the Save Changes button.

Life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Any time, Noor

Have you checked your forum settings? If you're not sure which ones to look at, hit the Settings link in the upper-right of any forum page. Then in the left column under My Account, choose General Settings. About halfway down that page you'll see Thread Display Options. Are these boxes checked?:

Show Signatures
    Show Avatars
    Show Images

If not, you'll want to check those and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and hit the Save Changes button.
    They are all set to be shown, I did not have to change them. Any other setting I should look at?

Thanks!

Not that I'm aware of.

Are you able to see images on other sites ok? Such as just any old web page and avatars, etc., on other forums?

Life goes on.

Not that I'm aware of.

Are you able to see images on other sites ok? Such as just any old web page and avatars, etc., on other forums?
    I can not see the menu on the FAD home page, it's a bunch of ads.
    Other web pages seem fine.
    I am not able to update my photo or avatar either....

I can not see the menu on the FAD home page, it's a bunch of ads.
    Other web pages seem fine.
    I am not able to update my photo or avatar either....
    Are you browsing with your phone or a computer?

Life goes on.

Are you browsing with your phone or a computer?
    Computer.

Computer.
    I can see the FAD home page just fine on my computer. And the ads are located just below the directory and just under the banner with Scott's picture at the top of that page.

If you type in www.findadeath.com, do you still see a page covered with ads only or...?

If so, my suggestion is to run your anti-virus. Because some of what you're saying sounds like you could've picked up some AdWare anywhere on the internet and it's manifesting now. Some of them infect in that manner and their effects become more obvious on sites you visit the most over time.

If running anti-virus yields nothing, let us know that too please, if you would.

Life goes on.

I can see the FAD home page just fine on my computer. And the ads are located just below the directory and just under the banner with Scott's picture at the top of that page.

If you type in www.findadeath.com, do you still see a page covered with ads only or...?

If so, my suggestion is to run your anti-virus. Because some of what you're saying sounds like you could've picked up some AdWare anywhere on the internet and it's manifesting now. Some of them infect in that manner and their effects become more obvious on sites you visit the most over time.

If running anti-virus yields nothing, let us know that too please, if you would.
    All the ads are on the menu on the first page.
    Off to run the anti viral SW

No joy

Well shoot. Which browser and version of Windows are you using?

Life goes on.

Oh and when was the last time you updated your java and flash?

Life goes on.

Well shoot. Which browser and version of Windows are you using?
    Windows XP and Mozilla Firefox
    Before the upgrade to FAD everything was fine....

Oh and when was the last time you updated your java and flash?
    Haven't a clue, let me ask Hubs tonight.

Thank you!

Fixedx it!!!!

Yay!

I did a right click on the page and selected "view page info" then clicked on the tab "Permissions" and then enabled "Load Images"

Yay!!

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    YaY!

Thank goodness I am smarter than I look!
    My parents always said it was a relief at any rate..............

OK, I just read this whole thread again ... twice in one week ... and no one's mentioned my wonderful new problem. I tried to change my sig-pic. But no matter what combo of moves I use, it keeps telling me 'You cannot change your sigpic while your current signature is in use.' [paraphrased] No matter how many times I tried to delete the sucker, no dice. What am I not doing right?

OK, I just read this whole thread again ... twice in one week ... and no one's mentioned my wonderful new problem. I tried to change my sig-pic. But no matter what combo of moves I use, it keeps telling me 'You cannot change your sigpic while your current signature is in use.' [paraphrased] No matter how many times I tried to delete the sucker, no dice. What am I not doing right?
    This may be a round about what but here's what I do:

-Right click on image, click on Image Location
    -Go to Edit Signature
    -Scroll down to the edit window
    -Click the cursor so that it blinks on the right side of your current image
    -Hit the backspace button on your keyboard
    -Click on the image icon on the little task bar at the top of the edit window
    -Paste image location url into box.
    -Click Save

And you are there.

Siggie check.... Cindy I couldn't quite follow your directions, but it gave me a great idea about erasing the old sig. Thanks so much, you Rrrawk!!!!!

Siggie check.... Cindy I couldn't quite follow your directions, but it gave me a great idea about erasing the old sig. Thanks so much, you Rrrawk!!!!!
    Sorry.

No, please don't be sorry! Getting rid of the old sig was what was holding me back; I did use part of your directions to do it! I really appreciate it! The only reason I didn't finish is (a) can't make my mind up for a replacement, and (b) I really overdid it today, am bone tired and should have been asleep 2 hours ago. YOU gave me the secret clue, I truly appreciate it! Thanks so much for your help! (My sanity thanks you too) lol

Well, in that case, I'm not sorry at alllllll!

Yay!

I did a right click on the page and selected "view page info" then clicked on the tab "Permissions" and then enabled "Load Images"

Yay!!
    Yay! I haven't used that fix for anything in years and forgot all about it in fact. Thanks for the reminder, Kate!

Life goes on.

Yay! I haven't used that fix for anything in years and forgot all about it in fact. Thanks for the reminder, Kate!
    Glad to be of help!

Are we only allowed one signature pic? I tried to add a pic beside my old one and it kicked the old one off

I can't see it on the mobile site now

Quote Originally Posted by SelenaFan View Post
    Are we only allowed one signature pic? I tried to add a pic beside my old one and it kicked the old one off

same thing happens to me... and I see people with 2 pics in their sig. the 2 pics I'm trying to use are like 50x50
    http://www.findadeath.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16814&dateline=1337859949
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff."

I can't see it on the mobile site now
    I have that too. I think it has to do with whether the images are uploaded or linked. I say that because I noticed awhile back that some people's avatars/sig pics show up and some don't in mobile style. So I screwed around with my own. If I upload them, I can see them in mobile. If I just link to them, I can't.

Life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Try this:

Click on User CP at the top left hand side of any page.
    Click on Edit Options
    Click on Enable Signature
    Click on Save
    Okay, I'm trying to post a signature, but no luck. Have these instructions changed in the last year? Because I can't even find the link to the User CP on the top left of any page. And, I went into my profile, thinking to find a way to post a sig there, but no such luck.

Edited to add... never mind! I just found it by looking through the FAQ. I swear, the "edit signature" link wasn't there a minute ago!

Any help would be appreciated!
    Last edited by Katrinawitch; 07-31-2012 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katrinawitch View Post
    Okay, I'm trying to post a signature, but no luck. Have these instructions changed in the last year? Because I can't even find the link to the User CP on the top left of any page. And, I went into my profile, thinking to find a way to post a sig there, but no such luck.

Edited to add... never mind! I just found it by looking through the FAQ. I swear, the "edit signature" link wasn't there a minute ago!

Any help would be appreciated!
    The update app is now Settings, located between My Profile & Log Out. The options are listed to the right. Heads up: you may have to use the URL location box instead of the Browsing button. You might also be able to click on the image button in the little tookbar at the top of the signature field instead of the URL box. I had a bit of a trouble updating mine Sunday night. If you have any other problems, let one of us know.

So I have a .gif I'd like to put in my signature it's 100x75. I cannot seem to get it in, doesn't give me a reason why but I noticed in the signature permissions it says allow html it says no, but can upload animated gif for signature it says yes. I've tried it a couple of times but same result, when I hit preview it just shows me the link or the code I put in, please help if you can!

having problems getting my sig to show on my posts, not sure what to do! when i do a preview, it's there, but when i look at my posts...nada. Any ideas as to what i could be doing wrong?

edited to add: ok scratch that, it's working now!!

Is this the right place to request special avatars/siggy?? I have one of Sharon Tate I would like and its flashing with hot pink but I have to find hte picture first.....

its the picture of Sharon and she is smiling and looking to the left and its just a close shot of her smiling and looking to the left and her hair is big.....

I had an avatar long ago and I think its on photobucket. It was this pic and it was flashing with hot pink and purple.... I can't find it.
    Last edited by Tiffany; 12-26-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Why can I not see my signature? I can see it on the "edit signature" page. Sometimes I see an ad where my sig should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Why can I not see my signature? I can see it on the "edit signature" page. Sometimes I see an ad where my sig should be.
    Are you linking to a signature pic or uploading one? Or are you talking about a typed in sig that isn't showing up?

Life goes on.

I am linking to a signature picture. I put the link in the box where it asks. It just asks for the link though. Not in html or [IMG] code.
    Last edited by Domino; 02-06-2013 at 12:39 PM.