Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 151 to 200 of 210

Thread: Avatar/Signature/Profile Picture Questions

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Nunya Bidness
    Posts
    10,843
    Hmmm. What format is your avatar? You might try resizing it to 160x120, or 100x100.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

    - R.H. Sin

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    Hmmm. What format is your avatar? You might try resizing it to 160x120, or 100x100.
    I tried 100x100 as well, no joy. What happens is it shows up as my current avatar but when clicking the 'save changes' bit it goes to a new page with 'Upload of file failed.' on it.

    It might be user error (ie: me ). I'll try a different picture as a test.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    Hmmm. What format is your avatar? You might try resizing it to 160x120, or 100x100.
    sorry to double post. It was indeed user error, I wasn't paying attention and wasn't seeing my avatar on my posts as I was editting my profile picture. Uploaded avatar fine now.

    Thanks for the help kicking my brain into gear.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Nunya Bidness
    Posts
    10,843
    LOL! No problem, glad you got your av!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

    - R.H. Sin

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    4

    I'm new and have a question

    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do I put a pic on my profile. I looked everywhere and can't figure it out. Do I just make an album or what? Thanks!

  6. #156
    Click on the Settings link near the top right of any forum page and you'll see a lot of categories you can tweak, among them your profile picture. Here's the direct link, though: http://www.findadeath.com/forum/prof...editprofilepic.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    1,197

    Why isn't my Bunny swooning? Or is it?

    My board avatar is a cartoon of a Swooning Bunny. Lately, when I check my posts, the GIF is frozen in a certain position. (At least that's what I see.) The problem with this is ... well ... the way it's frozen, it looks rather like ... a drawing of a giant penis.

    It embarassed me so much, I went to go change it tonight, but on my "change avatar" page, the bunny is still swooning! WTH?

    On my posts, is the bunny moving or not??? I don't wish to be thought of as The Giant Penis Girl ...
    <a href=http://www.findadeath.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1268&dateline=1407686900 target=_blank>http://www.findadeath.com/forum/imag...ine=1407686900</a>

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    1,197
    Holy crap, NOW it IS swooning.

    I am extremely confused. Will go check other threads. But this is getting a bit freakish now!
    <a href=http://www.findadeath.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1268&dateline=1407686900 target=_blank>http://www.findadeath.com/forum/imag...ine=1407686900</a>

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    1,197
    DAMMIT. On this same page, the top post is swooning, the second post is frozen. I've been warned I need to add RAM to my computer. But my top question is, what are other posters seeing???
    <a href=http://www.findadeath.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1268&dateline=1407686900 target=_blank>http://www.findadeath.com/forum/imag...ine=1407686900</a>

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    30,699
    Ive tried using animated gifs as avatars but they always appeared static to me. Ive seen other avatars that are animated on here. Never could figure out what I was doing wrong. Good to know Im not alone.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,484
    Looks fine here Noor.

    Try clearing your cache and cookies, then closing and re-opening your browser. See if that doesn't fix it up once the old, cache'd images are cleared out of your system. If you need help with how to do that, let us know. Everyone will help you. And if you do that and it doesn't work, also let us know that too, if you would.
    Last edited by SomeChick; 10-05-2011 at 07:58 PM.
    .

    Life goes on.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    1,197
    I cleared my cache, cookies, and temp internet files (Thank you!!!) Then I rebooted and reopened my browser. But my bunny swoons most of the time, while on some few threads, it's still static.

    I'll try one more trick; close out this browser and open a second one.

    Perhaps I should just give up and go with a new avatar. I don't wish to be a bother. Truly, I don't.
    <a href=http://www.findadeath.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1268&dateline=1407686900 target=_blank>http://www.findadeath.com/forum/imag...ine=1407686900</a>

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    1,197
    Yeppers, the second browser was the key, it seems. My default browser seems to store images some weird way, while the other does not.

    Thanks for all your suggestions and help offers!
    <a href=http://www.findadeath.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1268&dateline=1407686900 target=_blank>http://www.findadeath.com/forum/imag...ine=1407686900</a>

  14. #164
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,847
    I can't see anyones avatar or pic. What should I do?

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Noor 7ayaty View Post
    Yeppers, the second browser was the key, it seems. My default browser seems to store images some weird way, while the other does not.

    Thanks for all your suggestions and help offers!
    Any time, Noor

    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    I can't see anyones avatar or pic. What should I do?
    Have you checked your forum settings? If you're not sure which ones to look at, hit the Settings link in the upper-right of any forum page. Then in the left column under My Account, choose General Settings. About halfway down that page you'll see Thread Display Options. Are these boxes checked?:

    Show Signatures
    Show Avatars
    Show Images

    If not, you'll want to check those and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and hit the Save Changes button.
    .

    Life goes on.

  16. #166
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,847
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Any time, Noor



    Have you checked your forum settings? If you're not sure which ones to look at, hit the Settings link in the upper-right of any forum page. Then in the left column under My Account, choose General Settings. About halfway down that page you'll see Thread Display Options. Are these boxes checked?:

    Show Signatures
    Show Avatars
    Show Images

    If not, you'll want to check those and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and hit the Save Changes button.
    They are all set to be shown, I did not have to change them. Any other setting I should look at?

    Thanks!

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,484
    Not that I'm aware of.

    Are you able to see images on other sites ok? Such as just any old web page and avatars, etc., on other forums?
    .

    Life goes on.

  18. #168
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,847
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Not that I'm aware of.

    Are you able to see images on other sites ok? Such as just any old web page and avatars, etc., on other forums?
    I can not see the menu on the FAD home page, it's a bunch of ads.
    Other web pages seem fine.
    I am not able to update my photo or avatar either....

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,484
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    I can not see the menu on the FAD home page, it's a bunch of ads.
    Other web pages seem fine.
    I am not able to update my photo or avatar either....
    Are you browsing with your phone or a computer?
    .

    Life goes on.

  20. #170
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,847
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Are you browsing with your phone or a computer?
    Computer.

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,484
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    Computer.
    I can see the FAD home page just fine on my computer. And the ads are located just below the directory and just under the banner with Scott's picture at the top of that page.

    If you type in www.findadeath.com, do you still see a page covered with ads only or...?

    If so, my suggestion is to run your anti-virus. Because some of what you're saying sounds like you could've picked up some AdWare anywhere on the internet and it's manifesting now. Some of them infect in that manner and their effects become more obvious on sites you visit the most over time.

    If running anti-virus yields nothing, let us know that too please, if you would.
    .

    Life goes on.

  22. #172
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,847
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    I can see the FAD home page just fine on my computer. And the ads are located just below the directory and just under the banner with Scott's picture at the top of that page.

    If you type in www.findadeath.com, do you still see a page covered with ads only or...?

    If so, my suggestion is to run your anti-virus. Because some of what you're saying sounds like you could've picked up some AdWare anywhere on the internet and it's manifesting now. Some of them infect in that manner and their effects become more obvious on sites you visit the most over time.

    If running anti-virus yields nothing, let us know that too please, if you would.
    All the ads are on the menu on the first page.
    Off to run the anti viral SW

  23. #173
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,847
    No joy

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,484
    Well shoot. Which browser and version of Windows are you using?
    .

    Life goes on.

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,484
    Oh and when was the last time you updated your java and flash?
    .

    Life goes on.

  26. #176
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,847
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Well shoot. Which browser and version of Windows are you using?
    Windows XP and Mozilla Firefox
    Before the upgrade to FAD everything was fine....

  27. #177
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,847
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Oh and when was the last time you updated your java and flash?
    Haven't a clue, let me ask Hubs tonight.

    Thank you!

  28. #178
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,847

    Fixedx it!!!!

    Yay!

    I did a right click on the page and selected "view page info" then clicked on the tab "Permissions" and then enabled "Load Images"

    Yay!!

  29. #179
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,619

  30. #180
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,847
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    YaY!

    Thank goodness I am smarter than I look!
    My parents always said it was a relief at any rate..............

  31. #181
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    1,197
    OK, I just read this whole thread again ... twice in one week ... and no one's mentioned my wonderful new problem. I tried to change my sig-pic. But no matter what combo of moves I use, it keeps telling me 'You cannot change your sigpic while your current signature is in use.' [paraphrased] No matter how many times I tried to delete the sucker, no dice. What am I not doing right?
    <a href=http://www.findadeath.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1268&dateline=1407686900 target=_blank>http://www.findadeath.com/forum/imag...ine=1407686900</a>

  32. #182
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Noor 7ayaty View Post
    OK, I just read this whole thread again ... twice in one week ... and no one's mentioned my wonderful new problem. I tried to change my sig-pic. But no matter what combo of moves I use, it keeps telling me 'You cannot change your sigpic while your current signature is in use.' [paraphrased] No matter how many times I tried to delete the sucker, no dice. What am I not doing right?
    This may be a round about what but here's what I do:

    -Right click on image, click on Image Location
    -Go to Edit Signature
    -Scroll down to the edit window
    -Click the cursor so that it blinks on the right side of your current image
    -Hit the backspace button on your keyboard
    -Click on the image icon on the little task bar at the top of the edit window
    -Paste image location url into box.
    -Click Save

    And you are there.

  33. #183
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    1,197
    Siggie check.... Cindy I couldn't quite follow your directions, but it gave me a great idea about erasing the old sig. Thanks so much, you Rrrawk!!!!!

  34. #184
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Noor 7ayaty View Post
    Siggie check.... Cindy I couldn't quite follow your directions, but it gave me a great idea about erasing the old sig. Thanks so much, you Rrrawk!!!!!
    Sorry.

  35. #185
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    1,197
    No, please don't be sorry! Getting rid of the old sig was what was holding me back; I did use part of your directions to do it! I really appreciate it! The only reason I didn't finish is (a) can't make my mind up for a replacement, and (b) I really overdid it today, am bone tired and should have been asleep 2 hours ago. YOU gave me the secret clue, I truly appreciate it! Thanks so much for your help! (My sanity thanks you too) lol

  36. #186
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,619
    Well, in that case, I'm not sorry at alllllll!

  37. #187
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,484
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    Yay!

    I did a right click on the page and selected "view page info" then clicked on the tab "Permissions" and then enabled "Load Images"

    Yay!!
    Yay! I haven't used that fix for anything in years and forgot all about it in fact. Thanks for the reminder, Kate!
    .

    Life goes on.

  38. #188
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,847
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Yay! I haven't used that fix for anything in years and forgot all about it in fact. Thanks for the reminder, Kate!
    Glad to be of help!

  39. #189
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    wyoming
    Posts
    548
    Are we only allowed one signature pic? I tried to add a pic beside my old one and it kicked the old one off

  40. #190
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    wyoming
    Posts
    548
    I can't see it on the mobile site now


    Quote Originally Posted by SelenaFan View Post
    Are we only allowed one signature pic? I tried to add a pic beside my old one and it kicked the old one off

  41. #191
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by SelenaFan View Post
    Are we only allowed one signature pic? I tried to add a pic beside my old one and it kicked the old one off
    same thing happens to me... and I see people with 2 pics in their sig. the 2 pics I'm trying to use are like 50x50
    http://www.findadeath.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16814&dateline=1337859949
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff."

  42. #192
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,484
    Quote Originally Posted by SelenaFan View Post
    I can't see it on the mobile site now
    I have that too. I think it has to do with whether the images are uploaded or linked. I say that because I noticed awhile back that some people's avatars/sig pics show up and some don't in mobile style. So I screwed around with my own. If I upload them, I can see them in mobile. If I just link to them, I can't.
    .

    Life goes on.

  43. #193
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New Joisey
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Try this:

    Click on User CP at the top left hand side of any page.
    Click on Edit Options
    Click on Enable Signature
    Click on Save
    Okay, I'm trying to post a signature, but no luck. Have these instructions changed in the last year? Because I can't even find the link to the User CP on the top left of any page. And, I went into my profile, thinking to find a way to post a sig there, but no such luck.

    Edited to add... never mind! I just found it by looking through the FAQ. I swear, the "edit signature" link wasn't there a minute ago!

    Any help would be appreciated!
    Last edited by Katrinawitch; 07-31-2012 at 01:17 PM.

  44. #194
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrinawitch View Post
    Okay, I'm trying to post a signature, but no luck. Have these instructions changed in the last year? Because I can't even find the link to the User CP on the top left of any page. And, I went into my profile, thinking to find a way to post a sig there, but no such luck.

    Edited to add... never mind! I just found it by looking through the FAQ. I swear, the "edit signature" link wasn't there a minute ago!

    Any help would be appreciated!
    The update app is now Settings, located between My Profile & Log Out. The options are listed to the right. Heads up: you may have to use the URL location box instead of the Browsing button. You might also be able to click on the image button in the little tookbar at the top of the signature field instead of the URL box. I had a bit of a trouble updating mine Sunday night. If you have any other problems, let one of us know.

  45. #195
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    111
    So I have a .gif I'd like to put in my signature it's 100x75. I cannot seem to get it in, doesn't give me a reason why but I noticed in the signature permissions it says allow html it says no, but can upload animated gif for signature it says yes. I've tried it a couple of times but same result, when I hit preview it just shows me the link or the code I put in, please help if you can!



  46. #196
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    110
    having problems getting my sig to show on my posts, not sure what to do! when i do a preview, it's there, but when i look at my posts...nada. Any ideas as to what i could be doing wrong?

    edited to add: ok scratch that, it's working now!!

  47. #197
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,695
    Is this the right place to request special avatars/siggy?? I have one of Sharon Tate I would like and its flashing with hot pink but I have to find hte picture first.....

    its the picture of Sharon and she is smiling and looking to the left and its just a close shot of her smiling and looking to the left and her hair is big.....

    I had an avatar long ago and I think its on photobucket. It was this pic and it was flashing with hot pink and purple.... I can't find it.
    Last edited by Tiffany; 12-26-2012 at 03:47 PM.

  48. #198
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Michiana
    Posts
    1,250
    Why can I not see my signature? I can see it on the "edit signature" page. Sometimes I see an ad where my sig should be.

  49. #199
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Why can I not see my signature? I can see it on the "edit signature" page. Sometimes I see an ad where my sig should be.
    Are you linking to a signature pic or uploading one? Or are you talking about a typed in sig that isn't showing up?
    .

    Life goes on.

  50. #200
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Michiana
    Posts
    1,250
    I am linking to a signature picture. I put the link in the box where it asks. It just asks for the link though. Not in html or [IMG] code.
    Last edited by Domino; 02-06-2013 at 12:39 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •