Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Elizabeth Olten: Missouri Girl Found in Woods

Guest Guest

Elizabeth Olten: Missouri Girl Found in Woods

AND....ANOTHER CHILD IS MISSING!

http://www.news-leader.com/article/2...+Missouri+girl

9 year old Elizabeth Olten has disappeared on her way home from playing with a friend...the walk was less than 1000 feet from where she was playing to her home...her cell phone was pinging but has since stopped and they believe the battery died

How many more kids? I want the powers that be to answer that question!!!! I'll tell you statistically speaking, very rarely are the killers of children men that were never on the radar...almost every single one of those caught had a long history with child sexual abuse being in and out of the system for many years....how much clearer does it have to be to lawmakers??? Does it have to be one of THEIR KIDS before we see a change???

it's long past time for us as a society to fight back and tell the lawmakers that registries are unacceptable...that treatment centers are a waste of time and money and the lives of our kids...I'm ENRAGED by the lack of culpability of our system regarding the rights of these monsters as "protected" we when as parents can do everything to protect our kids and these animals are still taking our children...something HAS TO CHANGE!

Tonights Guest

Elizabeth Olten: "Body of Missing Missouri Girl, 9, Found in Woods"

The body of a 9-year-old Missouri girl who vanished walking home from a friend's house was found in a heavily wooded area Friday.
    An "older juvenile" suspect led authorities to Elizabeth Olten's body, deep in the woods near where an exhaustive search for the child was under way for much of the day.
    Elizabeth disappeared just after she started walking home from a friend's house Wednesday night.
    "There's been no contact with her since then," Cole County Sheriff Greg White told Fox News earlier Friday, before Elizabeth was found dead.
    White said Elizabeth spoke with her parents on the phone before she left her friend's house.
    "Her parents said she should leave and get home," he told Fox.
    About 70 investigators worked on leads Friday and another 70 people spent the day scouring woody, uneven terrain west of Jefferson City, Mo.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,569338,00.html

God damn it.
    Last edited by Tonights; 10-23-2009 at 01:55 PM.

heaven01uk Guest
    It never ends . RIP poor girl.

I was just about to post this. RIP, Little Angel. I hope the questions are resolved quickly for her parent's sake...

Guest Guest
    Oh NO!

I was holding out hope that maybe she ran away...DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT!!!

RIP Elizabeth

Tonights Guest
    I am really losing faith in humanity.

KristinEileen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonights View Post
    With constant stories like these Tonights it's hard not to. It's just disgusting that day after day there are more stories of missing, abducted and murdered children.

The fact that they are saying an older JUVENILE suspect led them to her body leads me to believe that this is going to be another one of those try his as an adult or try him as a juvenile situation. I am sure this isn't going to be cut and dry by any means. I can only imagine what the motive was for this...and is there any report on sexual abuse. I hate to think of it but there is just something in me that says that it was sexually motivated.

punklove Guest
    My god. Wasnt she walking only a quarter of a mile????? Poor little girl.

punklove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dearheart View Post
    Oh NO!

I was holding out hope that maybe she ran away...DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT!!!

RIP Elizabeth
    I was too.

sablegsd Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonights View Post
    I never had any.

pvezz Guest
    This is so incredibly sad. She was only a quarter of a mile from home.

Carrera_3.2 Guest
    I am wondering if the person involved with this murder, is possibly an older girl. This is due to the statements that the LE officials have said that were not going to name names, or the GENDER of the person charged. The only thing released so far is that the suspect is 15yrs old and is being charged with first degree murder. WTF is wrong with all of this crap happening almost daily?

Tonights Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrera_3.2 View Post
    This is due to the statements that the LE officials have said that were not going to name names, or the GENDER of the person charged.
    Carrera, that's so interesting. That would certainly put a new spin on things.

I almost hope it was a girl, since that might lessen the chances that she was sexually abused which seems to almost always be the case in these scenarios.

Guest Guest
    Yes I found it odd as well that they said they were not going to release the GENDER...I know this little girl has a teenage sister and I pray to God it's not her!

learning this is a juvenile just takes it to a whole other level of disgust and sadness all rolled up into one, someone she most likely knew and trusted and just a kid themselves...maybe someone who was watching for the best moment to take her...or knew she would be at that area at that precise moment!

pvezz Guest
    I am wondering if the person involved with this murder, is possibly an older girl. This is due to the statements that the LE officials have said that were not going to name names, or the GENDER of the person charged. The only thing released so far is that the suspect is 15yrs old and is being charged with first degree murder. WTF is wrong with all of this crap happening almost daily?

OMG- I had no idea the suspect was only 15.

LoveRats Guest
    Not again. The parents, relatives and friends of Somer and Elizabeth are all in a nightmare nobody can relieve.

I grew up in the 60's and 70's where we were allowed to go back and forth from home to home. If you were late it was assumed you had lost track of time, were disobedient, had lied and were somewhere you weren't supposed to be. Nobody convened a search party, alerted the police. The missing child was gonna get a lecture, a spanking, or both.

I raised my son and daughter in the 80's and 90's. I live in MN, and Jacob Wetterling's abduction hit our family like a ton of bricks. Jacob is slightly younger than my son and looked like him enough to give me the chills. We knew then about pedophiles. We warned our kids to not talk to strangers, gave them appropriate names for their genitalia and explained good and bad touches, how to scream loud and long if they thought anyone had crossed boundaries. Then, the people we saw as potentially dangerous to kids were adult men. We were sure our info was keeping them safe.

Since then we have learned that Sunday school teachers can murder our kids, women can be pedophiles, other children, younger than we ever imagined can molest, lure, torture, murder.

I have a grandchild now. I play old vinyl records and we dance, I catch frogs for him to look at, and we press leaves in books. My love for him now includes more than a tinge of fear. I know 'statistically speaking' that my fear is somewhat unfounded, as it was for Elizabeth and Somer.

Statistics aren't worth shit if someone you love is part of them.

Not again.

Guest Guest
    okay if the suspect is 15 I'm even more worried this may be her sister...her sister was on the news crying for her safe return and looked to be about 15 years old...dang I don't want to jump the gun, but saying they wouldn't release the GENDER is bothering me!

and yes Statistics aren't worth a shit if someone you love is part of them..no truer words spoken!

Lita Guest
    WTF? Normally, I'm of the mindset that things aren't getting worse, we're just hearing more bad things because the media is a bunch of fear mongers. But, two little girls in the same week is a little overwhelming. How many does it make this year? There has to be something society can do to stop this pandemic.

ETA: MSNBC has this in its story of the 15 year old charged w/Elizabeth's murder:
    County Sheriff Greg White has said the teenage suspect is not related to Elizabeth but was acquainted with her and is from the same area just west of Jefferson City.
    Thankfully it's not her sister but I agree that they won't release the gender is odd. The fact that they said they weren't going to release the gender pretty much says it's a female. In cases like this, people always think of men. They should have just said that they only information they're going to release is that a 15 year old is being charged.
    Last edited by Lita; 10-25-2009 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lita View Post
    WTF? Normally, I'm of the mindset that things aren't getting worse, we're just hearing more bad things because the media is a bunch of fear mongers. But, two little girls in the same week is a little overwhelming. How many does it make this year? There has to be something society can do to stop this pandemic.

ETA: MSNBC has this in its story of the 15 year old charged w/Elizabeth's murder: Thankfully it's not her sister but I agree that they won't release the gender is odd. The fact that they said they weren't going to release the gender pretty much says it's a female. In cases like this, people always think of men. They should have just said that they only information they're going to release is that a 15 year old is being charged.

Yeah, exactly, why would they say this unless it is a girl, since I am sure that 99.9999% of people would think it was a male who did this. Just leave it as a 15 year old, why call attention to the gender by saying they aren't going to state it??

disco Guest
    Wow! I just found out here. Truly sad. Now I appreciate my wife making me drive the kids everywhere.

KristinEileen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    Yeah, exactly, why would they say this unless it is a girl, since I am sure that 99.9999% of people would think it was a male who did this. Just leave it as a 15 year old, why call attention to the gender by saying they aren't going to state it??
    I definitely agree. The autopsy results will probably be out tomorrow, I just hope however it happened, she didn't suffer.

Carrera_3.2 Guest
    Yep, it is a girl!!!

"said the juvenile, identified by another official as female, has met with her family and her lawyer, Kurt Valentine."

punklove Guest
    What in the world is going on! How scary it is to think of having children.

Carrera_3.2 Guest
    Does anybody think that, all of the reports that about this, could have been any more leading, being they made a big deal when they stated they were not going to release the gender of the 15yr old... Don't have to be a rocket scientist to have figured that out... Carrera.

pvezz Guest
    Does anybody think that, all of the reports that about this, could have been any more leading, being they made a big deal when they stated they were not going to release the gender of the 15yr old... Don't have to be a rocket scientist to have figured that out... Carrera.
    Yep.

Guest Guest
    Just reported on Nancy Grace that the suspect is indeed a 15 year old GIRL.

pvezz Guest
    Just reported on Nancy Grace that the suspect is indeed a 15 year old GIRL.

Any word on their relationship? Motive??

Guest Guest
    what in the hell is going on? I tell myself don't open the threads that involve kids but I have to...because when a child is taken from our communities it IS our problem...it IS up to us to watch out for each others kids as well as our own and to DEMAND a change in the system...what would possess a 15 year old GIRL to kill this child? or a 15 year old boy to set another on fire? I shudder over the violence our kids are committing...and I hug my son a little more harder than ever after hearing about these cases.

Guest Guest
    she apparently lived a few houses away from Elizabeth's home...not saying how they knew each other however I did notice that Elizabeth has a sister about the same age as this suspect...maybe there was a friendship with the suspect and the sister? Someone sent them a letter that led them to this girl...they interviewed her and also found "written evidence" they are saying that this was premeditated murder...so something was written that spelled out her plans to kill this child??? That's what they are talking about on NG right now...okay they just said she does not live with her parents that she was cared for by other family members...so she lived in this neighborhood with family but not her parents? Sorry...I'm typing as I'm listening to the program....okay so the cops received some sort of tip..which led to the 15 year old girl and after interviewing her she led them to the body which was in an area that had been searched twice but the body was very well concelled...okay if this teen planned this she very well could have already had the spot she hid her ready before hand...she had to have known this child walked this way to come home from her friends house...she somehow either dragged her into the woods or lured her somehow...I can't see her being able to carry her that distance....why? what sort of beef would someone have with a 9 year old? I just don't get it!

pvezz Guest
    I don't get it, either, and I read earlier about the body being well-concealed. What the hell does that mean?

I think this case is just going to get stranger.

Carrera_3.2 Guest
    It was said about the body being well concealed, because the searchers had already searched the place where the body was finally found, twice. The suspect had to show them where she had concealed the body. WTF ?????

Guest Guest
    again I go back to them stating they had written proof this was pre meditated..if so she could have had a burial spot/hiding spot already prepared before killing her, dang I'm still trying to put that into perspective...a 15 YEAR OLD GIRL MURDERED A 9 YEAR OLD GIRL...WTH????

Jaxxx Guest
    there will be a hearing in family court today to decide whether the 15 yr old will be held or sent HOME!!!!!!!!

Noreen Guest
    This reminded me of the Mary Bell thread I read yesterday. Just unfathomable.

RIP Elizabeth

RIP Elizabeth.

Surprising, but not totally so. Some teen girls do have this in them. Ask Shanda Sharer's family. I am surprised that only one girl is involved, though-usually it's more than one, i.e. Melinda/Laurie/Hope/Toni, Juliet Hulme/Pauline Parker, or a girl and guy, like Sarah Kolb/Cory Gregory or even Diane Zamora/David Graham. I will be pretty shocked if no one else was involved.

STORMIE Guest
    So so so sad. RIP little angel

NG is reporting the 15 yo girl is allegedly the older sister of the friend whose house Elizabeth was walking home from.

Guest Guest
    and there is a report that the 15 year old may have either called Elizabeth back to the house or offered to walk her home when she left

OMG! Why wouldn't Elizabeth trust this girl? I just had a conversation tonight with my son about going anywhere with anyone...even if he knows them! I walk him too and from his play dates but I told him if he's outside and someone he knows says "Hey come with me" he's not to go anywhere with them and if they try to force him...fight like hell!" We're going from warning out kids about "stranger danger" to warning them about people they may know??? just not people but KIDS!? What is going on? That a 15 year old GIRL would want to KILL a child? I don't understand it and I know I'm not suppose to have understanding of these things...the deaths of our kids is something we should NOT have to live with!

It broke my heart and broke me to instant tears tonight on Nancy Grace when the Olten family spokeswoman said "Elizabetth was wonderful, sweet, such a girly girl, she wanted to be a MOM someday" just heartbreaking!

OMG! Why wouldn't Elizabeth trust this girl? I just had a conversation tonight with my son about going anywhere with anyone...even if he knows them! I walk him too and from his play dates but I told him if he's outside and someone he knows says "Hey come with me" he's not to go anywhere with them and if they try to force him...fight like hell!" We're going from warning out kids about "stranger danger" to warning them about people they may know??? just not people but KIDS!? What is going on? That a 15 year old GIRL would want to KILL a child? I don't understand it and I know I'm not suppose to have understanding of these things...the deaths of our kids is something we should NOT have to live with!
    And besides the family think of what Elizabeth's friend must be going through. Poor little girl lost her friend because her SISTER killed her. Damn.

I have a 13 year old stepdaughter. She lives with us, so I'm practically mom. It is very very scary. I have to curb my fears sometimes so she can have a "normal" childhood. I mean where do you draw the line between sheltering/protecting them and allowing them to experience things? I remember riding MILES on my bike alone to the store when I was her age, but I wouldn't dream of letting her do the same alone.

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatgrrl View Post
    NG is reporting the 15 yo girl is allegedly the older sister of the friend whose house Elizabeth was walking home from.

Wow. Just, wow.

WTF could the possible motive be here....

RIP poppet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

TheMysterian Guest

15-Year-Old Missouri Girl Indicted in Murder of Neighbor, 9

tarsier Guest
    Maybe it's just me but from her photo she reminded me of Mary Bell. This girl is evil and should be locked away for public safety.

Valentine warned that Bustamante would either kill herself or be assaulted and killed by others if she were placed in an adult jail cell or prison.

GOOD! Let the bitch suffer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Heavenly Tiger Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tarsier View Post
    Maybe it's just me but from her photo she reminded me of Mary Bell. This girl is evil and should be locked away for public safety.
    Yes, she does look a little like Mary Bell who was 4 yrs younger when she did murder and now is scot free. Plot out the plan by digging a grave first, then carryout the murder to find out what it feels like, Anti-Social personality disorder perhaps. 15 yrs old, what is this world coming too.

Again ~ another kid who just wanted to "know what it felt like to kill".... WTF ~ Liberal PC my ass ~ where do we draw the line? Things have been pushed through and pushed through because of no one wants to be known as the conservative asshole. I feel like if we had more "assholes" we wouldn't have this kid killing epidemic - these kids that are numb and have no feelings - no sense of reality. She is probably sitting her little ass in jail right now with arms crossed saying "whatever".....

Poor Little Girl and her family!!
    My Posse's On Broadway

endsleigh03 Guest
    The pic of this girl is scary.
    She looks like...... defiant or something.
    Are you effin' kidding me?
    She should be shaking in her shoes and crying.
    Holy cow

We had a thread on this before, but we didn't know anything about the suspect. She looks frightening. What makes people want to know what killing someone would feel like? I don't really care what it would feel like.

http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...ighlight=olten

I am very glad she is going to be tried as an adult, which makes her eligible for life without parole. When I was 15 I never even thought about what it would feel like to kill someone. Ive never wondered that. This POS is evil.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    I'm glad they are trying her as adult too! This was also premeditated so I hope this girl never gets out. Because if she did she would probably do it again.