Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Body of Somer Thompson Found in Georgia landfill

Guest Guest

Body of Somer Thompson Found in Georgia landfill

http://www.wxii12.com/news/21363712/detail.html

I was holding out for some hope in this case but sadly it appears they have found her in a landfill...RIP little one

sorry my mistake...the body was found in Georgia but the little girl was taken from Florida
    Last edited by Guest; 10-21-2009 at 01:44 PM.

RubySlippers Guest
    uhg. why...i mean, WHY?!

Guest Guest
    Mods can you fix the spelling of her name it's SOMER not Sommer....they have not confirmed it is her yet, the FBI forensics team is there, the body is partially covered with only a leg exposed at this point...Garbage in this area of Florida is dumped at this Georgia landfill and they have had a team there since Monday searching loads that have been being brought in.

All they are saying at this time is that the body is that of a white child, they are not saying whether this is a boy or a girl, but they are pretty sure this is her, beautiful little girl...very sad :-(

Cadence71 Guest
    I heard on the news that this particular landfill is about 55 miles from her house. Horrible. She has a twin brother. That poor family. I will never understand how anyone can hurt a child. Hope they find the piece of chit that did this.

Pamebabby Guest
    This just breaks my heart. My thoughts are with her and her family. Sadly, I think it will turn out to be her. There isn't any good reason to take a child except for sex, then kill the victim to leave no witnesses. This world has become a sick, evil place.

Cadence71 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamebabby View Post
    This just breaks my heart. My thoughts are with her and her family. Sadly, I think it will turn out to be her. There isn't any good reason to take a child except for sex, then kill the victim to leave no witnesses. This world has become a sick, evil place.
    True dat.

Oh, hell.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

punklove Guest

Im really hoping its not her, though it seems otherwise.

Guest Guest
    They keep coming back with updates, I'll post if I find more but so far they do believe this is her and they are meticulously searching the garbage around the body to find a connection to the area this garbage was picked up at and any possible sex offenders etc

What's it going to take? What's it going to take for officials to realize that sex offenders do not get better and that their crimes only escalate? 87 offenders within a 5 mile radius...who checks on these monsters? Is it going to take a politicians child being a victim before we see a change?

My heart is heavy and sad for any child who's life is taken...I don't even want to allow my mind to go to how scared this child must have been...I cannot fathom hurting a child or imagining what was done to her...something has to change in the current system to do whatever is necessary to protect our kids...enough is enough!

djdeath-hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dearheart View Post
    Mods can you fix the spelling of her name it's SOMER not Sommer....they have not confirmed it is her yet, the FBI forensics team is there, the body is partially covered with only a leg exposed at this point...Garbage in this area of Florida is dumped at this Georgia landfill and they have had a team there since Monday searching loads that have been being brought in.

All they are saying at this time is that the body is that of a white child, they are not saying whether this is a boy or a girl, but they are pretty sure this is her, beautiful little girl...very sad :-(
    Fixed the spelling....now if it only were so easy to fix the growing problem of missing/abducted/murdered children here in Florida, my life would be complete....or at least more worthwhile. As much as I hope, for Somer's family, that this little body doesn't turn out to be her....how much worse could the information that your beloved child has been found than to never know whether she is dead or alive...being tortured in someone's backyard compound? I hope that doesn't come across as cold or callous.

Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    Fixed the spelling....now if it only were so easy to fix the growing problem of missing/abducted/murdered children here in Florida, my life would be complete....or at least more worthwhile. As much as I hope, for Somer's family, that this little body doesn't turn out to be her....how much worse could the information that your beloved child has been found than to never know whether she is dead or alive...being tortured in someone's backyard compound? I hope that doesn't come across as cold or callous.
    That totally makes sense. The not knowing would be worse...my mind would be in overdrive imagining every moment something was happening to them.

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadence71 View Post
    She has a twin brother. That poor family.
    My thoughts are with her and her family. Sadly, I think it will turn out to be her.
    Quote Originally Posted by punklove View Post

Im really hoping its not her, though it seems otherwise.
    Something just really hit me. Something is getting lost in this whole development...as this forum is concerned that this outcome may result in heartbreak for her and her familiy "IF" it is her...What if it ISN'T her? Does that make it any better???

It could be someone else's baby.

Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    Something just really hit me. Something is getting lost in this whole development...as this forum is concerned that this outcome may result in heartbreak for her and her familiy "IF" it is her...What if it ISN'T her? Does that make it any better???

I was thinking the same thing.

Lawmakers need to create a strike one life without parole for these sex offenders. They do not change, and as we all know they may not kill at first, but many of them go on to kill to keep from getting caught.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

djdeath-hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post

Goodness no! If my words were interpretted that way, I sincerely apologize. Whoever loved the child found today has my deepest sympathy. If the body found is not that of Somer, another family will suffer the pain of loss yet the relief of the horrors of not knowing what became of their loved one.

RubySlippers Guest
    Goodness no! If my words were interpretted that way, I sincerely apologize. Whoever loved the child found today has my deepest sympathy. If the body found is not that of Somer, another family will suffer the pain of loss yet the relief of the horrors of not knowing what became of their loved one.

Thanks, D.J.

I just shudder that ANY baby ended their life that way. How DARE THEY do that to an innocent baby? How FUCKING DARE THEY?!

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I was thinking the same thing.

Lawmakers need to create a strike one life without parole for these sex offenders. They do not change, and as we all know they may not kill at first, but many of them go on to kill to keep from getting caught.
    I agree. Anyone who harms a child in anyway, shape or form should pay the ultimate price. This is a horrible story.

Eerie Frightenstein Guest
    I would gladly flick the switch on any pedophile proven guilty with DNA, and it wouldn't bother me in the least.

sablegsd Guest
    I think the world has always been a sick, evil place.
    We just hear about it more often now.

jojax Guest
    How sad...who ever the child is I feel sorry for her family.

On the local news some of the people interviewed were talking as though the it were Somer's body. I beilieve they also said the local priest came and they took the Mother out of the house. I think the father made a remark about her being in heaven now. So, might they have been told something or led to believe it is her?
    We were talking at work about the body being found and someone said if it wasn't Somer why hadn't another little girl been reported missing?
    My heart goes out to the family.

octobersky Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Eerie Frightenstein View Post
    I would gladly flick the switch on any pedophile proven guilty with DNA, and it wouldn't bother me in the least.

I am against the death penalty, generally. However on this issue, I agree. That is more of an emotional decision for me than a legal one.

I can't fathom what it must feels like to lose a child. I hope that whomever this child is - is allowed to rest in peace. The person(s) who did this should be allowed to rot in hell.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xcheezhd View Post
    On the local news some of the people interviewed were talking as though the it were Somer's body. I beilieve they also said the local priest came and they took the Mother out of the house. I think the father made a remark about her being in heaven now. So, might they have been told something or led to believe it is her?
    We were talking at work about the body being found and someone said if it wasn't Somer why hadn't another little girl been reported missing?
    My heart goes out to the family.
    Well there has been another little girl reported missing, 6 year old Haleigh Cummings..yes she's been missing since February and was not from this area of Florida but, let's say for the sake of argument that Haleigh was taken by someone in the middle of the night, it is possible she could have been kept alive all this time and just recently killed, so before they can absolutely say this is Somer they have to rule out other missing girls, I know that the sheriff said that the FBI CSI team was working the recovery of her body because the body was covered mostly in trash, so they basically had to excavate the body from the heap, most likely it is her and I'm sure by now they have removed her and taken her to the medical examiners, if this child has long brown hair they can rule out Haleigh, then it comes to if she's recognizable or not by eye, if not, they will check her dental records, if those don't exist it's on to DNA

my prayer is for her mommy and daddy and her siblings...for that community and for there to have been some form of indetifiable DNA left on her body and they get the bastard that did this...I'm tired...I'm so tired of our kids being taken and brutalized...something HAS TO CHANGE with the system, there is no guarantee that it was one of the registered offenders in her area, they could be from another area or have never been caught before, but for the ones that have been caught it's time to keep them locked up for good! They do not belong in society, I really do not care about due process for these offenders, what I care about is that our kids are safe, right now the way it is, they are no where near being safe!

djdeath-hag Guest
    Not that it would be a good thing, in my twisted way of thinking....it would be (in the long run) helpful to BOTH of these familes if the recent discovery of remains were of both Halleigh & Somer. I suppose that sounds horrid....again I am only trying to express that for the parent of any child, never knowing what became of one's child seems like a more hellish ordeal than to have a body recovered....to be put to rest in a civilized manner.

It is sad & horrible for Somer, Halleigh, Caylee....and the countless other missing (and probably dead) children of the Sunshine state....the tragedies seem to be more of an epidemic.....I believe that Halleigh Cummings is as (prematurely) dead as Caylee Anthony....and that both of those two little girls knew their killers. As for Somer, I don't know enough about her disappearance to cast blame towards anyone that she knew & loved. Bottom line: this shit (the abductions/murders of little ones in FL) has got to stop! I am a fierce opponent of the death penalty, I'd much prefer that murderers be forced to live out their "natural" lives under secure lock & key & without benefit of possible parole or ANY luxuries....including air conditioning. Like the d.p., I also don't believe in "hell"....I think that if there is such a place, it is here on Earth... from what a person creates. Creating a lifetime behind bars (in my way of thinking) is about as hellish as anything imaginable.

Nicki Guest
    Whoever the parents of this child are, my heart just breaks for them. At least they will know instead of always wondering. Still, it is so tragic and sad!
    Yep, new tougher laws need to be implemented.
    Last edited by Nicki; 10-21-2009 at 10:53 PM.

Cadence71 Guest
    Not that it would be a good thing, in my twisted way of thinking....it would be (in the long run) helpful to BOTH of these familes if the recent discovery of remains were of both Halleigh & Somer. I suppose that sounds horrid....again I am only trying to express that for the parent of any child, never knowing what became of one's child seems like a more hellish ordeal than to have a body recovered....to be put to rest in a civilized manner.

It is sad & horrible for Somer, Halleigh, Caylee....and the countless other missing (and probably dead) children of the Sunshine state....the tragedies seem to be more of an epidemic.....I believe that Halleigh Cummings is as (prematurely) dead as Caylee Anthony....and that both of those two little girls knew their killers. As for Somer, I don't know enough about her disappearance to cast blame towards anyone that she knew & loved. Bottom line: this shit (the abductions/murders of little ones in FL) has got to stop! I am a fierce opponent of the death penalty, I'd much prefer that murderers be forced to live out their "natural" lives under secure lock & key & without benefit of possible parole or ANY luxuries....including air conditioning. Like the d.p., I also don't believe in "hell"....I think that if there is such a place, it is here on Earth... from what a person creates. Creating a lifetime behind bars (in my way of thinking) is about as hellish as anything imaginable.
    I totally understand, dj. You are right.

Roaming Tigress Guest
    Bullets are cheap. The bastard who did this should be shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Tigress View Post
    I concur.

I've been drawn to this case for some reason. Maybe it's because my son and daughter-in-law just had my first grandchild. A precious little girl. These things seem to hit me harder now.
    Actually I came here for some comic relief since I'm so depressed about this and frightened for my grandauoghter. But of course i was drawn to this thread. I'm off now to find something funny or at least not depressing to read. This is my forum for escape from the harsh cruelties of real life. Thanks to everyone for the updates.
    Last edited by priceless; 10-21-2009 at 07:19 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nelliebean Guest
    Being locked up for life without priviliges would be worse than death.

No GED courses or weight lifting. No freedom in the yard.

Just lock him up forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebean View Post
    Being locked up for life without priviliges would be worse than death.

No GED courses or weight lifting. No freedom in the yard.

Just lock him up forever.
    Why pay to keep him alive? Kill him and move on to the next....

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Eerie Frightenstein View Post
    Why pay to keep him alive? Kill him and move on to the next....
    Why? Because I want this guy to suffer for what he did.

Folks who believe in Hell want him to burn in some afterlife.
    I'm an atheist and don't see death as any kind of bad thing.

He can sit and rot for many years. To me that's punishment.

Oh yeah.....Make him watch reruns of "That's so Raven"

djdeath-hag Guest
    Nelliebean.....you seem to understand my p.o.v.; death is an easy way out, in my opinion....for folks who do horrible things. Why give them the easy way out? In Florida (as in many of the states that still have the death penalty) lethal injection is the form of governmentally approved death to the worst criminals. I find it hard to feel that what is (in my opinion) the most compassionate release for aged or ill pets is offered as the "ultimate" price to be paid for those who have no regard for human life. Life without any possibility or hope for parole...in a cage, without any luxuries, seems more fitting. Folks who kill innocent people....for fun or sport do not deserve the easy pass that we (or at least I) would give a beloved pet. The only way that I can foresee my views about capital punishment changing....is if we should revisit public executions....where everyone can see the permanent exile of those who hold no respect for human life. I really don't want to see such a state return...but that would be the only means by which I could ever possibly accept executions by our government.

As of the late news (here in FL) authorities have yet to disclose whether the body found today was/is that of Somer Thompson. As much as I hope/pray that the body found is not hers or Halleigh Cummings....I stand by my earlier statement that it might be in the best interest of the loved ones of the deceased child to know what became of their beloved....than to remain in a state of wonder & worry.

LoveRats Guest
    Justice is impossible for the family of whomever this turns out to be. How can there be justice for the death of a child? There is nothing sadder or more profound--the death of an innocent, the death of the dream of what might have been, the death of possible children the victim might have had, the death of all possibilities snuffed out, lost.

It puzzles me that people think killing the perpetrator somehow evens the score. The death of a scumbag vs. the death of a life full of promise. We, as a society, hate the crime, so we will perpetuate it by killing the criminal. To me this is a simplistic idea. And when we do execute people, whose name lives on and is remembered? The murderers live on forever, the victims are forgotten.

I think a true punishment might be life without parole, solitary confinement. But death? No.

Nelliebean Guest
    DJ~ Sitting by oneself for life would be the worst punishment as far as I'm concerned.

Humane euthanasia simply is too good for some of these scumbags.
    Somehow fading away to death with an injection doesn't seem like punishment.

I know it's supposed to be about rehabilitation and not revenge.

Are we alone in wanting some sort of revenge?

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveRats View Post
    I think a true punishment might be life without parole, solitary confinement. But death? No.
    We just need to be 100% sure there's NO PAROLE for these guys.

kimba Guest
    I'm sure Cindy Anthony is taking note of this development too..as of this past JULY she was still looking for a live Caylee in Puerto Rico...

whoever it is, at least some poor child's family will have closure.

RIP little one.

Guest Guest
    or ways for them to escape! That's where I'm all for the GPS chip being implanted in these guys...after they get locked up and just in case they escape...not when they are out and free to still harm kids...you can have a chip on these guys but is that going to STOP them from killing a child? NO...it will just pinpoint their location and if it was were a child was taken from by the time they are found the child is dead and then he gets locked up!

we had a pedophile killer here in Washington State who was found guilty of murdering brothers...he hung both of these boys after he raped them...he was found guilty and sentenced to death..his attorney's attempted to promptly file his appeals and he fired them and then SUED the state to put him to death ASAP...his reasoning? Because he knew he was a monster and as long as he had a breath in his body he knew he would do everything to try to escape and kill more children...he's the only POS on death row I give credit to..his name was Wesley Allen Dodd and he won his lawsuit and was put to death within 6 months of his initial conviction...sorry guys I get the whole suffering on death row angle...but to me when it comes to those that murder our children there is no in between...they should be erraticated from our society permanantly...there is no treatment and they only escalate and God forbid if because of some change of a law they get released or they escape..to me it's just a chance that shouldn't be taken when concerning the safety of our kids

I want children to be able to play...to be able to walk home from school....to be able to be kids and not have to fear every stranger that looks their way, times are so different now than they were when I was a kid and I do believe it's because these crimes have increased more so than we just hear about it more because of the media, it was not an epidemic then as it is now, I truly believe that part of the reason it is such an epedemic is because sex offenders don't do so well in the clink or in society after they are released, so they reoffend again and decide they better kill their victim as to not end up back in prison...or maybe they just don't care if they end up back there...the answer is not castration because the issue is in their heads not their pants...there isn't one counselor I know that believes that they are curable and all of them agree their crimes only escalate...I resent the system for what it is because it puts my child and all children at risk, when it comes to our kids nothing is negotiable!

At least with these bastards and the death penalty is concerned when they get that needle and the family of the slain child is there to see it...they know that a punishment has been delievered and that they will never be able to hurt another child ever again...sorry but if it were my child that would make me feel better than them being kept alive and my constantly wondering if some technicality is going to get them out..or if they are going to escape..or if they are enjoying their workouts and prison bible study...call me vengeful...but if there is any crime in this world that deserves the death penalty...it is the murder of a child.

Guest Guest
    They have identified her body based on a birthmark she had on her upper leg...they have officially announced that this child found is Somer Thompson...may she rest in peace

my prayers are for her family, her classmates and her community and for whoever is responsible for taking her life to face the severest punishment allowed by law...I cannot begin to imagine the pain her mother and father are feeling (I don't want to imagine it) but based on the sheriff and how determined he is in finding her killer, I believe they will...oh...please God no more kids...gotta go the tears are flowing now!

Guest Guest
    I just wanted to add that George and Cindy Anthony...STAY AWAY FROM THIS FAMILY! they always seem to interject themselves with the other cases and they just need to stay home!

GODDESS6 Guest
    seeing this poor child's parents on the news along w/ her grandma was so heartbreaking~ may she RIP~ poor little angel~

& i agree for the anthony's to stay away~ i can see cindy now trying to put some sort of spin on it all, saying that whoever took somer took caylee also~

again another poor innocent life just taken w/ no regards for her, her family, the community~ & people give me shit all the time for being so overprotective about my son~ these crimes, tho not new, they have been going on & on & on~ & it seems more & more the perps get more & more blatant~ stealing a child in broad daylight, sometimes stealing them from their own warm beds in their safe homes~ it is just sickening & disturbing & all the horrid things i can think of~

when will our kids be safe?, will they ever?~ laws need to be changed~ perps need not ever get a second chance at life on the outside~ it has been proven time & time again that these people can't be 'cured", so why keep letting them out to steal our kids?~ i don't think anything pisses me off more~ i know prisons are overcrowded, but why does it always seem these folks are the ones who fall thru the cracks?, & be let out to harm again?~ i would much rather take my chances on someone being let out, that was serving a sentence for dealing pot or something like that, than letting out a child killer/rapist~

& when, & i say when, because i am praying that since they found somer's remains early enough, that their will be dna~ so when her killer is caught, if i find out he has done similar crimes like this & is out walking around~ i am gonna hit the roof~ this just has to stop~ do we have to live in self imposed prisons just to keep our kids safe?~ do you know how sick it makes me that i just can't let my son play even in our fenced yard?~ i live in a nice area too, & we have been affected by a serial child killer~ it doesn't matter where you live, fenced yard, locked doors & windows~ & that scares the hell out of me~

& how many children taken & murdered is it going to take before the govt/justice system as a whole does something?~ passes some universal law, where you rape, hurt or murder a child~ that is it for ya, the jig is up & you will never see outside again?~ it seems all the amber/megan's laws & such aren't doing much, & bless tho 2 little souls too~ but something bigger has to be done~ our kids have to stop being pawns~ someone beside us needs to take this more seriously~ i am so enraged right now~
    fuck!!!!!!!!~

Lita Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Tigress View Post
    See...I agree to a point. The killer needs to be shot but like in the knee caps so that this fucker has to live in pain for the rest of their miserable lives. These heartless monsters who hurt children need to be tortured.

Does anybody know what lead the police to start looking in the landfill? It says the police followed the garbage trucks to this landfill but what lead them to look at those particular trucks and that landfill? Do all of the local garbage trucks go 55 miles to dump their garbage?

STORMIE Guest
    This is just too sad for words

This problem of registered sex offenders and child abductions and child molestation statistics, etc.....really does point to pandemic problem. I think the legislators of the world and blinded by human rights and the rights of a suspect who is deemed innocent until proven guilty. Nobody wants to violate someone's human rights because it may impair the legitamate progress that is being fought for within other groups. Having said that, this problem should be looked at as its own thing. The rules do not apply here. The world evolves towards cleaning up the problems that come about...it doesn't happen over night...but slowly things change. If you think about drinking and driving...how that is being treated nowadays compared to 50 years ago....and even this fear of H1N1 will have millions of people lining up for the vaccination against it to prevent unnecessary suffering and possible death. THIS issue....pediphiles....is one of those things that needs to be clamped down on and hard. I don't know what the statistics of repeat offenders are but I know that MOST re-offend so how can society allow them back out of the street? They MUST MUST loose their basic rights - they must be treated like animals - castorated and monitored and sequestered and all of the above. I found it so very shocking when I hear how many registered sex offenders live in an area. Our babies can't even walk home from school anymore. I don't even let my own children go to the park without me and if they bike ride on our crescent, they have a walkee talkee to stay in touch with me..and they have to go together. If we don't deal with these sicko's the result is the rest of the world living on edge. Why should one group of creeps be able to hold the rest of us hostage? I think this needs to become a bigger issue and receive the utmost attention. Sorry to rant but it is just wrong.

Impatience Guest
    just heard about this on the local news. too sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lita View Post
    See...I agree to a point. The killer needs to be shot but like in the knee caps so that this fucker has to live in pain for the rest of their miserable lives. These heartless monsters who hurt children need to be tortured.

Does anybody know what lead the police to start looking in the landfill? It says the police followed the garbage trucks to this landfill but what lead them to look at those particular trucks and that landfill? Do all of the local garbage trucks go 55 miles to dump their garbage?
    I don't think they followed the garbage trucks. If they did, they'd most likely know better where the garbage came from. It's apparently standard for authorities to search landfills when someone goes missing, and they are trying to determine where exactly the garbage came from in Orange County. They did know that garbage from that area is taken to a landfill in Georgia, which is why they started looking there.

I can't imagine sifting through piles and piles of garbage trying to figure out where it came from. My guess is junk mail and stuff people throw away that have addresses. What a trail.

That poor little girl. People who kill children could never be rehabilitated, IMO. They and sex offenders should all be neutered and spayed, sent to their own island where they have to fend for themselves (build huts, eat berries, total Cast Away) and can fuck and kill each other. Go primitive, on no one's dollar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

octobersky Guest
    RIP Somer. I hope they find who did this terrible thing soon - so that they can never do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Luanne View Post
    I don't think they followed the garbage trucks. If they did, they'd most likely know better where the garbage came from.
    I, too, heard that they "followed" the garbage trucks to the land fill. That may have been a figure of speech, though. The article I read said that she got mad at her sister while walking home from school and was walking ahead of the group. She disappeared before she got home. I feel that it may have been someone she knew and trusted. Or at least someone she recognized from around the neighborhood. If she ended up where they expected in the landfill, that also suggests to me that she was actually thrown out in the neighborhood and the person did not drive to the landfill and leave her there...

I know I don't want MY tax dollars used to house these guys for years... maybe decades. They will NEVER suffer enough for what they do. And if you think them being locked in a cell for decades, where they can replay their crimes over and over in their heads, and get off on it is punishment, I think we have different opinions of punishment. Jails are obviously not the answer, they haven't worked yet....

Cupcake Guest
    The landfill where Somer was found is about 10 miles west of me. Very surreal feeling. Orange Park Fla isn't that far, but far enough for me to feel "safe", but after finding her in the landfill so close to my town, yikes! The killer/killers could have passed right past my subdivision on the their way to I-95 which is only two miles from my house heading the other way (hope that makes sense). Scary that someone like that could have crossed my path very easily.

Cupcake

Guest Guest
    her momma is so brave and it just breaks my heart that any parent loses a child...but to this? this is so wrong on so many levels...and yes I do know that if we lock up all the known predators that doesn't mean the ones that have never been caught aren't still on the street...but once they are discovered they should be locked away forever too...I'm all for the deserted island idea...no fuss no muss let them fend for themselves and kill each other for all I care...I would be more than happy to pay for the cost of guard boats to surround said island so they can't escape for those that try to to be shot on site...just leave these animals there and let them kill each other off...sounds barbaric but not as barbaric and sick as them being free to take and rape and kill our babies!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH...each of us has to DEMAND our governments to change the laws for the good of our kids, if you are a child molester your days are over! I just cannot stand the disregard to the safety of our kids and our communities anymore..it's time for a change...it shouldn't take any more dead children to get that change should it?

Landfill

I got this from our local paper, The Florida Times Union

"(Sheriff Rick) Beseler credited the successful discovery to investigator Bruce Owen's suggestion Tuesday that the trash being picked up in Orange Park be checked out. Beseler assigned personnel to monitor all trash trucks that had been taken to landfills in Green Cove Springs (also in Clay county) and Folkston." It also stated that they looked through 100 tons of garbage when they discovered her legs.

We were wondering how she could be taken in such a public area. The street the school is on (Gano Ave) and the next street she would take (Debarry) are pretty well travelled roads. There is a small stretch of woods between the older homes and the new developments on Debarry and some of us were thinking she could have been taken there. I guess there are 3 crossing guards between the school and her house, only one of them remembers seeing her, of course it doesn't mean she couldn't have gotten past a guard without the guard remembering her. But it is something to consider. On the news tonight they mentioned an abandoned house at 1080 Gano Ave, apparently there was a fire there a few months ago and no one has lived there for awhile. They are now looking to see if anything could have happened to her in the house.