Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Layne Staley 2

adlange872 Guest
    Missin' you Layne
    Your spirit will always live on through your music.
    You will never be forgotten.

DrDeath Guest
    Never forget

How sad to think about Mikes Birthday with him now gone too and then the day after Layne's deathday

This forum introduced me to Layne and AIC and i'm no longer thirsty for news about Layne because i need to know all i want to i've never been one to dig and delve too deeply about any person but Laynes voice touched my soul his story made me heartsick for him and his family and i learnt to understand more about addiction and to help me understand a bit better to how my son's father lived and coped up until his death so today i raise a glass to Layne (well more a cup of tea as i don't drink alcohol lol) and hope he continues to rest in peace

Bassetlover09 Guest
    RIP to the man who still touches my soul. Still heartsick and missing you Layne.

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest
    RIP Layne & Mike...brothers forever, On Earth and above:

Quote Originally Posted by Alice_Layne View Post
    I have both heard and read versions of the same story regarding Layne & Mikes' last visit.
    Obviously, I have no idea if any or part of it is true. However, one source I heard from seemed pretty genuine. So here goes..(Mods please remove if you don't deem appropriate)

Mike & Layne allegedly did a lot of drugs that night. Mike panicked the next day about Layne-apparently because he would have breached his bail(?) conditions? Something along legal lines anyway. So he left, leaving Layne in a bad way. There were parts of the story re missing items which I'm sure most here are familiar with so I won't repeat.
    Anyway, thats kind of a pared down version.

I daresay the truth is parts of all of these stories.
    For my part, I'm afraid that I just didn't believe what Mike said on Celeb Rehab about it. Sorry if that offends anyone.

I have to agree with you on your Celbrity Rehab comment. Most people on this and Mike Starr's thread know my opinion, and I have offended everyone. So cheers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "I just know I'm not the greatest power on this earth. I didn't create myself, because I would have done a hell of a better job." -Layne Staley

livindeadgirl Guest
    RIP Layne you are forever missed <3

Quote Originally Posted by adlange872 View Post
    Oh, Wow, thanks for that info tjoy. I had never heard any info about Demri's final day and was curious. Poor girl. I don't know if anyone has ever read this before but I came across the following at some website about Layne in high school. Sure wish I could have known Layne back then....or at anytime of course......

"i'll do my best to clear things up with as much as I know about this little genius who blew all our minds...and then in the end his own..
    Layne went to Meadowdale high school, and he flunked a couple times I believe because he was one grade above me while I was at school from 1983-1987. We did have a creative writing class together, and I don't remember the teacher's name right now but it was a woman and she was super cool. Layne was shy and intense at the same time, like a lot of artists, and mostly kept to himself, and obviously he did a lot of great writing as we were only to discover later...
    I do have him in the yearbook of 1983 his photo the last one he posed for. He is in my yearbook of 1985 or 86, where there was a photo taken of Layne with his shop class group. He is mentioned in every other yearbook when he was still attending as "not pictured".
    It is possible 1986 was his last year.. (unfortunately my yearbooks sit snugly at my parent's home and so I am not able to run over and look at them at this time) We attended Meadowdale high school and hung out in the same "fringe" group of people...such as we would all go down and smoke at the fence at the bottom of the school together (which still exists just like 20 years ago, for I went there last year and took photos just because it felt like I was in a time warp) Our little smokers in the hole group would be considered "rockers/stoners/goths" whatever, (though the term goth didn't exist back then though black was our color of choice!)
    The one thing we all had in common (besides wearing black) was that we were into heavy metal and went to every rock concert that came to Seattle. I'd save my money, wait in line to get tickets etc. we'd also party hardy. This is what our fringe group was about. There were also many levels to fringe, groups who hung out together etc. - I was not a part of Layne's group, as in we didn't hang out together, though one close friend of his , Mark, was also a pretty good friend of mine, he was into music and had all kinds of instruments and I had bought a guitar off of him. I know Layne hung out and played music with him. One of my best friends was going out with a guy who was a guitarist, and his brother a drummer, they lived on the same block as Layne, I think he'd go over there and play his drumset.
    Layne also used to practice at my girlfriends house whose brother was also into music, this only two blocks from my parents house where I grew up in Edmonds. His name was Jason and strangely enough he died the same weekend as Layne (his death was by prescription drugs in a mental hospital) A close high school friend called me to let me know about Jason and Layne's death and we just sat on the phone in a sort of shocked silence for a time trying to grasp this "coincedence"..
    Back in the mid 80's I remember seeing Layne and Jason at my friends house, and my girlfriend whispering to me that Layne was singing now, which we of course thought was really funny - who do these guys think they are gonna be, the next AC/DC? Phfffft! Yeah, we thought they were freaks! But I also remember hearing that they were "getting pretty good" that they had some songs..
    Back in the 80's with the huge superstar glam rock bands like Van Halen and Judas Priest touring the world and all of us thousands in line at the Key Arena at Seattle Center to get in to see them, you can imagine how small and pointless starting a band looks like, especially since this was Seattle - not L.A. - nothing happens in Seattle, and what did happen (Jimi Hendrix) is a fluke of nature.
    Growing up in this place at that school, I can see why Layne lied on that video of how he said he grew up in Bellevue - he totally wanted to disassociate from the whole Lynnwood-Meadowdale area I'm sure.
    I teach art classes in Lynnwood now for the past five years, maybe because Lynnwood needs to wake the fuck up and there are a lot of little geniuses out there who are going to get squashed if they don't get some support!
    At my 10 yr. reunion (1998) when I ran into Mark (Layne's good friend in high school) he said he still spoke to him and saw him on occasion and confided that Layne had told him he missed all of us, that we were his real friends. Of course I wasn't included in this personally but I believe he meant the whole "fringe" group we were a part of.
    When I think back I believe getting high is a way to rebel against the straight thinking blue collar run of the mill road which the Lynnwood mentality wanted to pigeon hole us into, but also it was for mind expanding exploration, to see out of the box.
    Pot of course, was the drug of choice in high school, but the idea of H in high school and the contemplation of it loomed about as a truly dark and rebellious and cool thing, like a dark cloud waiting to show us another world. It was hardcore, the real serious high. H always had an aura of something very bad but very good at the same time. It messes you up, but the high is so great it's worth it. All I'm saying is I am truly not surprised Layne got into H, and that I am glad I never went there. No high is worth fucking up your temple, that is your body.
    P.S. I was listening to Alice n' Chains for years before I realized who he was. In school his last name was "Elmer". I also abandoned my shameful Lynnwood-Meadowdale roots right after graduation and spent my time traveling and then going to art school in Seattle. When my close high school friend told me who Layne was now it took a very long time to for it to sink in. All these years and I didn't even know! It was like what I'd read about Jim Morrison's parents who'd been listening to "Light my Fire" on the radio for months before realizing it was their son singing! Anyway, I was so proud of him, this kid I barely remember, I couldn't believe he'd managed to scratch out of that terrible Lynnwood loser stereotype and stay true to his dream. I'm still in awe and he has made my memories of those terrible high school 'daze' into something else entirely now. I remember the energy now around us as it truly was underneath the surface, boiling and intense, yet free
    Thanks Layne for being who you are in life and in death"
    Thank you for that, it was very interesting and insightful

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticakasha View Post
    This forum introduced me to Layne and AIC and i'm no longer thirsty for news about Layne because i need to know all i want to i've never been one to dig and delve too deeply about any person but Laynes voice touched my soul his story made me heartsick for him and his family and i learnt to understand more about addiction and to help me understand a bit better to how my son's father lived and coped up until his death so today i raise a glass to Layne (well more a cup of tea as i don't drink alcohol lol) and hope he continues to rest in peace
    I'm right there with you

Quote Originally Posted by In a Sea of Sorrow View Post
    Wow is that Layne? It hardly looks like him to me

Love you and miss you Layne even if I'm to young to know you <3 Rest In Peace four song's for you that make me think of you <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrkroF1rydo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsyPe21jOro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkumK..._order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VubKh...x=2&playnext=1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Layne Staley 10.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	30392   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Layne Staley And The Guys.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	30393   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Layne Staley 8.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	30394   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alice In Chains 2.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	30395  

Last edited by TeddyBear; 04-06-2011 at 12:30 AM.

Bassetlover09 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FadingSunshine View Post
    Wow is that Layne? It hardly looks like him to me
    Yes that is definitely Layne

iancurtis1980 Guest

I have both heard and read versions of the same story regarding Layne & Mikes' last visit.
    Obviously, I have no idea if any or part of it is true. However, one source I heard from seemed pretty genuine. So here goes..(Mods please remove if you don't deem appropriate)

Thanks for the reply

Can you please give more details especially regarding this missing/stolen? I tried to read the zillion pages of the first thread but it's difficult on my phone.

I understand that Layne and Mike are the only two that really know what happened that night but still it's interesting to hear about it. I do think Mike must have talked about it to other people and he edited himself to Layne's mother.

Mike & Layne allegedly did a lot of drugs that night. Mike panicked the next day about Layne-apparently because he would have breached his bail(?) conditions? Something along legal lines anyway. So he left, leaving Layne in a bad way. There were parts of the story re missing items which I'm sure most here are familiar with so I won't repeat.
    Anyway, thats kind of a pared down version.

I daresay the truth is parts of all of these stories.
    For my part, I'm afraid that I just didn't believe what Mike said on Celeb Rehab about it. Sorry if that offends anyone.
    I told my lawyer he's better step it up or we would both end up on an episode of "SNAPPED"

Quote Originally Posted by Bassetlover09 View Post
    Yes that is definitely Layne
    This picture must have been taken somewhere between the "Them Bones" video and the "Would?" video which would be why I didn't recognize him because he looks different from all the other pictures I've seen of him

This picture must have been taken somewhere between the "Them Bones" video and the "Would?" video which would be why I didn't recognize him because he looks different from all the other pictures I've seen of him
    16th May 1992 is when HBB at The Mansion was aired

16th May 1992 is when HBB at The Mansion was aired
    Hmm....alright thanks

baroque1-sorry I missed your post originally. The quote button messed up so my quoted post and your reply are altogether-I thought you'd just quoted my post!

As I've said, I won't go into all the details as I think most of the fans here have heard them already.
    The gist is...Layne had a lot of personal posessions taken from him in his final months.
    It's been alleged that Mike Starr may've known something about this...specifically some artwork that Layne was working on at the time of his death. I believe it was a family member-nephew?- and was on an easel. When Layne was found, the artwork was missing. I believe the 'person responsible' was spoken to and the artwork returned. I'm trying to be as tactful as I can be here as some fans get upset about this.There were other items that I was told this person' supposedly knew' about too. I'll leave it there! As Ive said..don't know whether this is accurate but the stories came from various sources so who knows?...Whatever, as soon as I saw the clips from Celeb Rehab, everything in my gut screamed it was false. O/T (I also don't trust that Dr Drew guy either. HIs methods seem spurious to me.)
    Last edited by Alice_Layne; 04-06-2011 at 04:17 PM.

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest
    This was heard from a certain person that posted these things in the first Layne thread. I question their validity. THAT person is the only person I've ever heard that from. Except from people who choose to regurgitate it. Bottom line is that Mike was NEVER charged with ANY crime regarding Layne. There were several hundred dollars in cash in Layne's condo laying on the floor in plain view....why wasn't that taken? And also, Layne's mom would have known if something was stolen and NOT returned. I think she would have called Mike on this during Cel Rehab, I know as a mother I would.

Bassetlover09 Guest
    This was heard from a certain person that posted these things in the first Layne thread. I question their validity. THAT person is the only person I've ever heard that from. Except from people who choose to regurgitate it. Bottom line is that Mike was NEVER charged with ANY crime regarding Layne. There were several hundred dollars in cash in Layne's condo laying on the floor in plain view....why wasn't that taken? And also, Layne's mom would have known if something was stolen and NOT returned. I think she would have called Mike on this during Cel Rehab, I know as a mother I would.
    I concur Steph...

Ok. Well, as I have said, I heard and read from several sources.Maybe it became like Chinese whispers regarding the alleged missing items.I do know that whomever the poster was on here, he'/she was referred to elsewhere and the info appeared elsewhere at the same time.Whether it was someone quick off the mark and copying the poster from here I don't know.(or vice versa)
    I very much doubt anyway that the family would have proceeded with charges, gone down the formal route-just my opinion.
    As for the money, I'd heard he often had money lying around-probably unable to keep track of it all. Whos to know if any/how much was taken? It mayve looked suspicious to take it all. I'm very into looking into crimes etc-thats how my mind works-I hope you understand what I mean?
    Also, I have to disagree with you about Laynes' mother-I really don't think she would have called him out in public-especially given the subject matter of the show. There are some addicts who do unpalatable things for money and simply cannot ever admit to anyone-including themselves-what they have done. This isn't a criticism, it's a fact.
    I will have to respectfully disagree with you, Sea of Sorrow, on these points. JMHO.

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest
    I've talked to Nancy and Layne's father and many people "in the know"...as I said I've only read that info one place and that was on FAD. I can get on here and say the moon is purple, but that doesn't mean I know a fuck about what I am saying. I would love to see the sevral sources to pick their brains. Nancy doesn't seem to believe ANY of this.

I am not being anything but thorough in what I have heard. Not that it really matters in the whole scheme of things, because the 2 people that know EXACTLY what happened are gone now. So, we will never, ANY of us, know the truth.

As speculation goes Layne rarely let anyone into his condo in his final months so it puzzles me as to how anyone would know what was in Layne's place up to the time of his death that could concur things were stolen, like this famous artwork of Oscar maybe he was drawing it but made a mistake ripped it up etc if he was indeed drawing it at all. Nancy has said things of Layne's were stolen but that was from a lock up/storage place Layne had, nothing at all has been confirmed things were actually stolen from his condo Mike did confirm he was there to spend his birthday with Layne the day before but i really can't see how a drawing could have benefited him in any way surely the money would have been a better steal so i don't believe it either and as for the celeb rehab show i'm sure Nancy and Mike said alot more to eachother that wasn't aired on tv

These are just my thoughts on it all
    Last edited by Mysticakasha; 04-06-2011 at 11:47 PM.

Thank you Alice Layne! I didn't mean to stir the pot so I'm asking all members to calm down and move on please. I appreciate the answers to my questions.

My own opinion is that Mike didn't confess everything to Nancy on National tv and Nancy was focused on helping Mike stay sober so she probably edited herself too.
    I told my lawyer he's better step it up or we would both end up on an episode of "SNAPPED"

Ok. Well, as I have said, I heard and read from several sources.Maybe it became like Chinese whispers regarding the alleged missing items.I do know that whomever the poster was on here, he'/she was referred to elsewhere and the info appeared elsewhere at the same time.Whether it was someone quick off the mark and copying the poster from here I don't know.(or vice versa)
    I very much doubt anyway that the family would have proceeded with charges, gone down the formal route-just my opinion.
    As for the money, I'd heard he often had money lying around-probably unable to keep track of it all. Whos to know if any/how much was taken? It mayve looked suspicious to take it all. I'm very into looking into crimes etc-thats how my mind works-I hope you understand what I mean?
    Also, I have to disagree with you about Laynes' mother-I really don't think she would have called him out in public-especially given the subject matter of the show. There are some addicts who do unpalatable things for money and simply cannot ever admit to anyone-including themselves-what they have done. This isn't a criticism, it's a fact.
    I will have to respectfully disagree with you, Sea of Sorrow, on these points. JMHO.
    Unfortunately, Alice, opinions on this thread that shed any bad light on a particular person are not appreciated and will only get you a bunch of vicious responses.
    Last edited by tjoy; 04-07-2011 at 08:29 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "I just know I'm not the greatest power on this earth. I didn't create myself, because I would have done a hell of a better job." -Layne Staley

Quote Originally Posted by tjoy View Post
    Unfortunately, Alice, opinions on this thread that shed any bad light on a particular person are not appreciated and will only get you a bunch of vicious responses.
    You're stereotyping and generalizing everyone who has ever posted on this thread that ^ is not completely true

Remember folks, opinions are like...well, you know. As long you state your opinion respectfully, all will be well.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Bassetlover09 Guest
    There is a cool book called "Grunge is Dead" by Greg Plato. I got mine from Amazon. It's very interesting and has a chapter on Layne.

You're stereotyping and generalizing everyone who has ever posted on this thread that ^ is not completely true
    I never wrote that everyone on the thread would send vicious responses, but yes, what I wrote is the truth. Please look back at the thread to the responses. My opionion was called bullshit, I was called an idiot and a lame ass. That is pretty vicious.

Regardless, I have chosen to keep my opinion on Layne or Mike to myself because of how people responded to me, which will no doubt make everyone happy as pigs in shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    Remember folks, opinions are like...well, you know. As long you state your opinion respectfully, all will be well.
    Yes ma'am sorry

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest
    Thank you Nessa...I don't think anyone is being rude at all, just stating what we know.

I don't get angry when people don't agree with me...but I get a little miffed when I have met members of Layne's family and talked to them and know a little something and try to explain it to people and they act like they know more than me. And that's fine, but I am not into taking the word of a phantom on a forum, and believing what they say.

I can also say that I think I know the person that said this stuff on here and believe her to be a phony and an embellisher. I think that she knew certain things, things that were divulged to her from MIKE, and she added on and twisted things to benefit herself. That's why I think she is a jilted lover or something.

Regardless, I am glad that Mike got to say his apologies to Nancy, make amends before he died. He carried that burden within himself for a long time and guilt only helped him in his demise.

Copied from Nessa...very befitting, this quote:

"To the living we owe respect, but to the dead we owe only truth."

- Voltaire

I never wrote that everyone on the thread would send vicious responses, but yes, what I wrote is the truth. Please look back at the thread to the responses. My opionion was called bullshit, I was called an idiot and a lame ass. That is pretty vicious.

Regardless, I have chosen to keep my opinion on Layne or Mike to myself because of how people responded to me, which will no doubt make everyone happy as pigs in shit.
    Alright sorry

Talking

Thank you Nessa...I don't think anyone is being rude at all, just stating what we know.

I don't get angry when people don't agree with me...but I get a little miffed when I have met members of Layne's family and talked to them and know a little something and try to explain it to people and they act like they know more than me. And that's fine, but I am not into taking the word of a phantom on a forum, and believing what they say.

I can also say that I think I know the person that said this stuff on here and believe her to be a phony and an embellisher. I think that she knew certain things, things that were divulged to her from MIKE, and she added on and twisted things to benefit herself. That's why I think she is a jilted lover or something.

Regardless, I am glad that Mike got to say his apologies to Nancy, make amends before he died. He carried that burden within himself for a long time and guilt only helped him in his demise.

- Voltaire
    Remember, none of us know ANYTHING for a fact. Just restating what was said to me over and over.
    Last edited by tjoy; 04-07-2011 at 11:15 AM.

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest

I apologize that you feel that way. There is nothing wrong with a good argument as long as it remains civil. That person shouldn't have talked to you that way, and I am sorry that he/she did. I respect your opinion, and at one time felt almost the same way. Not quite as harsh, because these people are drug addicts. I venture to say that Layne did some very unsavory things under the influence of drugs. But he is dear to so many, they don't hold it against him.

Bottom line is you are repeating what was said on a thread on a forum and you choose to believe it. I am just offering what I do know, so that you can see both sides of it. I am not saying what I have is 100% accurate, but I am saying it is more accurate than what most know. That's all....I can't twist your arm. Anyway...let's get back to Layne. I have a couple new pics from when he was first starting out:

I made them smaller...I have big ones though if anyone is interested...just pm me.

This is a strange angled pic of Layne and Mike...I was going to rotate it but it is still better off kilter!!

I never had a bad thing to say about Layne, and think he touched each of us in a special way. I only wish he would have been able to get well.

There is a cool book called "Grunge is Dead" by Greg Plato. I got mine from Amazon. It's very interesting and has a chapter on Layne.
    And did you skip the beginning and go straight to the Layne chapter first cos i did lol

Thanks for keeping it friendly, guys and gals!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Bassetlover09 Guest
    And did you skip the beginning and go straight to the Layne chapter first cos i did lol

Oh yes Ma'am I did! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by baroque1 View Post
    Thank you Alice Layne! I didn't mean to stir the pot so I'm asking all members to calm down and move on please. I appreciate the answers to my questions.

My own opinion is that Mike didn't confess everything to Nancy on National tv and Nancy was focused on helping Mike stay sober so she probably edited herself too.
    Totally agree with you baroque1!

- Voltaire

Well, sorry but I've found this and your last post rude towards me! I have been nothing but courteous to everyone on this site and would expect the same courtesy to be extended.

Your 'evidence' is that you claim to have spoken to Laynes' parents. Fine. Why would the family divulge certain things to someone outside of the inner circle?
    As for Laynes father............

We don't know each other-there's no reason for you to believe me and vice versa.
    However, I am not a 'phantom'-I do happen to be real!

I had already stated that I would have to disagree with you and that should have been enough.

About 85% of the posts on this site are speculative-thats what the site is. People speculate about events surrounding deaths of others-just because the speculation is about someone you happen to like, dosen't mean that people cannot comment as they see fit-so long as they are not being rude!

I tried very hard to be tactful on this subject & therfore resent being made to feel that I acted like 'I knew more than you'. I posted part of what I know-which may or may not be credible-same as you.

Please respect my right to state my opinion. Thank you.

I'm sorry that you experienced that. We should be able to state our opinions without abuse etc and shouldn't have to tiptoe around because of them.
    Thanks for your reply.

Think I may've heard the title but am not familiar with this book. Will look out for it. Thanks for mentioning it!

Well, sorry but I've found this and your last post rude towards me! I have been nothing but courteous to everyone on this site and would expect the same courtesy to be extended.

Your 'evidence' is that you claim to have spoken to Laynes' parents. Fine. Why would the family divulge certain things to someone outside of the inner circle?

We don't know each other-there's no reason for you to believe me and vice versa.

I had already stated that I would have to disagree with you and that should have been enough.

About 85% of the posts on this site are speculative-thats what the site is. People speculate about events surrounding deaths of others-just because the speculation is about someone you happen to like, dosen't mean that people cannot comment as they see fit-so long as they are not being rude!

I tried very hard to be tactful on this subject & therfore resent being made to feel that I acted like 'I knew more than you'. I posted part of what I know-which may or may not be credible-same as you.

Deaf ears, Alice. But I hear you!

Ok..heres a link to a forum that hints at what I was trying to say in my posts re Laynes' death/last hours.

Note, there is a person on the thread who is a musician, has written a book and claims to have been a friend of Mikes'.

Make your own judgement about it. What I have heard /read is not confined to some posts made here by someone I've never even heard of!
    It is possible for more than one person to know about something!

Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sho...d.php?t=863311

Bassetlover09 Guest

I believe Sea was referring to someone who posted in the first Layne thread-claiming to know absolute intimate details of things and stirring up quite a mess.

Bassetlover09 Guest
    I have had personal correspondence with Nancy (Layne's mother) and I would ten times believe her over others claiming to intimately know Layne and Mike.

And really...what does it matter now? They are both gone. I believe they both have the right to rest in peace.

They've both "paid their dues".

Just my 2 cents

iancurtis1980 Guest
    Anyway, love to remember the periods when Layne was clean...

I have had personal correspondence with Nancy (Layne's mother) and I would ten times believe her over others claiming to intimately know Layne and Mike.

And really...what does it matter now? They are both gone. I believe they both have the right to rest in peace.

They've both "paid their dues".

Just my 2 cents
    What is Layne's mom going to tell you? Information she heard from Layne through letters and phone calls. NONE OF US KNOW WHAT LAYNE AND NANCY DISCUSSED. She can talk until she is blue in the face but that does not exclude THE FACT that she lived in Alaska during this time and was not privy to Layne's health or reactions. He told her what he wanted her to know.

All of you can say that you have spoken to Layne's mom and dad, but that doesn't change anything. All of us are aware that neither of them were that privy to what Layne was experiencing at the time (Layne's mom lived in Alaska and his dad was *who knows where*). Any guilty parent will also tell you what they want you to believe to take the blame off of themselves for guilt that they were not more active in his life. They, like us, don't even know what happened that last night so it is neither here nor there.

As far as I am concerned, MY OPINION was and still is NOT respected by the majority of the people on this thread and that is disheartening. I can say what I want, but will be attacked unforgivably for doing so.
    Last edited by tjoy; 04-07-2011 at 07:22 PM.

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest
    I believe Sea was referring to someone who posted in the first Layne thread-claiming to know absolute intimate details of things and stirring up quite a mess.
    Absolutely true^^...I wasn't referring to anyone on here now. This wasn't anything regarding you at all, so I'm not sure where the resentment would be coming from. I apologize for you feeling that way. It certainly wasn't my intention.

And my answer to tjoy was very sincere. It isn't right that someone talked to her that way and they were dealt with by the mods. As they should have been.

Layne & Mike with Jennifer Beals:

Nancy, Mike & Gayle Starr on Celebrity Rehab, regarding Layne:

Nessa are these pictures an OK size??

Dark Princess Guest
    Ok..heres a link to a forum that hints at what I was trying to say in my posts re Laynes' death/last hours.

Note, there is a person on the thread who is a musician, has written a book and claims to have been a friend of Mikes'.

Make your own judgement about it. What I have heard /read is not confined to some posts made here by someone I've never even heard of!
    It is possible for more than one person to know about something!

Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sho...d.php?t=863311

I've read that before. Bobby D has mentioned several times before that he was good friends with Mike and saw Layne back in 2001. There are a couple of others on that board that knew Mike and basically gave a very similar story about Mike and Layne's last days. You can do your own digging if you want to.