Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 15222324
Results 1,151 to 1,191 of 1191

Thread: Layne Staley 2

Happy Birthday Layne!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "I just know I'm not the greatest power on this earth. I didn't create myself, because I would have done a hell of a better job." -Layne Staley

I've been reading the thread since I started coming on here a few years back. I knew he was in the band Alice in Chains and went looking on YouTube for some of their stuff and while I thought it was okay, it never really caught me.

Just recently me and a couple of friends had an old school weekend and dusted off the PS2 and started playing San Andreas. I found out one of my favorite songs that I used to listen to while driving around was Them Bones which was on the Radio X station so now I'm going back through their catalogue with a fresh mind and finding out I quite enjoy some of their music.

Oh, and I'm not sure who said it but I agree that Layne's voice was something, far more passionate than a lot of the 'music' released today.

candle11 Guest
    I never saw this before. I have no clue where it's from but I found it on another site. This is so sad

I didn't know Krist from Nirvana even met Layne outside of the time they played Rio, much less went out of his way to bring food to his apartment.

bump.....Just cause Layne should always be on the front page

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by candle11 View Post
    I never saw this before. I have no clue where it's from but I found it on another site. This is so sad

I didn't know Krist from Nirvana even met Layne outside of the time they played Rio, much less went out of his way to bring food to his apartment.
    I never knew this either! thanks for sharing!

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest
    New Pics!!

Quote Originally Posted by In a Sea of Sorrow View Post
    New Pics!!

This is gonna sound so girly but the first picture where he has the long hair...now that is hot.

MrsE1981 Guest
    New Pics!!

Goddamn... such a shame

scatterboo Guest
    thanks for these...Ive seen the first and third pics before...but the other two are new for me...and great too...Its so awesome to pass this on...my 10 yr old grandson is a LS fan..maybe because I play his music often...and btw...he was/is an amazing singer..that had heart...thanks for sharing these pics....

He really was so beautiful

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest

Who's the guy flashing his ass in the first picture? Lol

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest
    LOL Not sure...just some random person, I guess. How much better if Layne was the ass flasher, yeah?

Definitely much better lol

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest

All that hair lol I think one of my favorite hairstyles of his was when he had dreads

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest
    This was in 1998 for the "Get Born Again" and "Died" recording sessions for Music Bank.

cloud9 Guest
    Thank you for this picture. I had seen the one with the birthday cake but this one is new to me.

I'm not sure how I can miss someone I've never met, but I really feel a connection with Layne. Perhaps because I've struggled with depression my entire life and it's an endless search for a way to relieve the pain and sadness. His music provides me an odd comfort; maybe I'm not alone after all and there is someone out there who understands me.

I hope he has finally found the peace that he so deserved in life.

scatterboo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cloud9 View Post
    Thank you for this picture. I had seen the one with the birthday cake but this one is new to me.

I'm not sure how I can miss someone I've never met, but I really feel a connection with Layne. Perhaps because I've struggled with depression my entire life and it's an endless search for a way to relieve the pain and sadness. His music provides me an odd comfort; maybe I'm not alone after all and there is someone out there who understands me.

I hope he has finally found the peace that he so deserved in life.
    pretty sure you are not alone...Laynes music speaks to me too...and unfortunately I didnt discover it until 4 years ago...and Im not young...!!
    His soul is haunting...painful...honest..and pure ...not many like that...and I think he found what he was looking for...like we all will...

Supossedly this is Laynes sister. A yoga Instructer jamieelmeryoga.blogspot.com/p/jamie.html
    Last edited by sammyd20; 04-01-2015 at 10:58 PM.

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest
    ~~13 years ago, today...we knew. Wish with all my heart we could go back to when you were fierce and untouchable. Rest easy, Layne. I wish we could have known your full potential. And I wish you could have felt and lived it~~!!

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest

He is yummy but after looking at the pictures of the rest of the band, I gotta go with Mike Starr. He's dead now too right, I'm sure I read about it somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    He is yummy but after looking at the pictures of the rest of the band, I gotta go with Mike Starr. He's dead now too right, I'm sure I read about it somewhere?
    Yes he died a few years ago March 8th 2011 to be exact

I love the expressions on their faces lol too cute

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest

naflatem Guest
    New here hello everyone! I have read pages and pages of the original Layne thread that is now closed or at least it says so on my end and the last posts were years ago. Any activity now or new stuff on Layne?
    Last edited by naflatem; 02-06-2016 at 12:02 AM.

32. 05-18-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote Originally Posted by naflatem View Post
    New here hello everyone! I have read pages and pages of the original Layne thread that is now closed or at least it says so on my end and the last posts were years ago. Any activity now or new stuff on Layne?
    It's been awhile since I've been on the forum so I don't know about anything new about Layne but welcome to the site

jhonlee2050 Guest
    hey you are saying right your friend resemblance is much like layne 2 may be your friend can fill his place just on a funny note
    IbogaWorld Capsules

Happy Birthday Layne!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "I just know I'm not the greatest power on this earth. I didn't create myself, because I would have done a hell of a better job." -Layne Staley

36. 12-20-2018, 06:01 PM

Pink Cloud Guest
    Awww I joined this board after reading all almost 200 pages of the previous Layne thread, and then all of this one, and I see it has died out. Everyone moved to FB I guess. :-(

38. 01-26-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Cloud View Post
    Awww I joined this board after reading all almost 200 pages of the previous Layne thread, and then all of this one, and I see it has died out. Everyone moved to FB I guess. :-(
    Just read it. That’s what brought me here, and the thread is dead :-( Been on an AIC kick lately. Between the book, and the poking around I have been doing, it appears that Layne and Dem wanted to love each other, but couldn’t. She appeared to be a drifter. An aspiring model and writer, and she would only stay with him off and on. I wonder if she was trying to break into a career with his name, and got pissed and started distancing herself when Layne overshadowed her. It looks like everyone adored her, and all she wanted to do was take pictures, lol. In the book, it said she was upset they used a model for the cover of “Dirt” but at the same time, she was upset when random people called her Layne’s girl. But search her name on the webs, she has half naked pics of herself at other peoples’ places. I wonder if what ate Layne up was not just her dying, but what could have been with that relationship if they both straightened up their acts?

Happy Birthday Layne!

interesting video about the unplugged concert.. behind the scenes. is it true? who knows.

here is another good one about layne.

Really gotten back into Mad Season. Above is definitely one of my favorite albums ever.... but their live stuff just blows me away.

Mike is just on another level, Barrett Martin pounding the hell out of the drums (dunno how they survived the show, it's like he's swinging tree trunks,) John killing it and Layne, well... what can you say.

RIP Layne & John.
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

44. 08-22-2021, 02:22 PM

He was phenomenal, gorgeous, talented, great sense of humour, brilliant frontman!