Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3101112

Thread: Patrick Swayze

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    RIP
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

thats so sad! But at least they are together.

http://news.yahoo.com/patsy-swayze-d...222838371.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mammy Guest
    Yes, she and Patrick are now reunited. Living 86 years is a pretty good run. It's weird to see this thread today. I just heard "She's Like The Wind" last night. I always liked that song.

rip momma swayze

Awwww...RIP, Mrs. Swayze.
    Mammy...he did sing "She's Like The Wind" very nicely...but I can't think of that song without remember all the boys at school making the dumb joke: If she's like the wind, does that mean she blows good? Huh huh huhhhh.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MirrorDimly View Post
    Awwww...RIP, Mrs. Swayze.
    Mammy...he did sing "She's Like The Wind" very nicely...but I can't think of that song without remember all the boys at school making the dumb joke: If she's like the wind, does that mean she blows good? Huh huh huhhhh.
    I agree that he did an awesome job singing the song. I get on YouTube just to hear it from time to time.

LOL, you did a great impression of school boys. I read that and could hear teenage boys making the remark in Beavis and Butthead voices.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I agree that he did an awesome job singing the song. I get on YouTube just to hear it from time to time.

LOL, you did a great impression of school boys. I read that and could hear teenage boys making the remark in Beavis and Butthead voices.
    Total Beavis and Butthead, Mammy! You can dig it
    I give extra props to Swayze for singing that song because "back in the day", people's voices weren't completely produced/auto-tuned to death like they are nowadays. I mean, really...Kim Kardashian came out with a song...and her anus has more talent than her lungs ever will. But Swayze just pretty much put it out there - it's basically his natural voice, with some reverb (maybe they could correct the pitch a little but nothing compared to today's recording software capabilities). It seems like there were a few actors who recorded songs in the 80's - remember soap opera star/hunk Jack Wagner's song "All I Need"?...it was a little screamy/shouty for my taste, but again, props.

I think it's cool that Swayze learned the craft of dance/choreography from his mom. He was so suave...and also so tiny. My best friend met him circa 1991...she's Amazonian (well, not really...6 foot 2...tall, model-looking type), and he seemed tiny to her, but of course knock-out gorgeous. She was so tongue-tied, all she could say was, "Excuse me!" and run away.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Mammy Guest
    Remember Eddie Murphy singing "My Girl Wants To Party All The Time?" Now that was cringeworthy! I remember a few tv actors singing in the 80's like John Schneider, Tom Wopat, David Soul, and probably a hundred more that don't immediately come to mind. Patrick Swayze was awesome. I loved him in "Ghost."

Remember Eddie Murphy singing "My Girl Wants To Party All The Time?" Now that was cringeworthy! I remember a few tv actors singing in the 80's like John Schneider, Tom Wopat, David Soul, and probably a hundred more that don't immediately come to mind. Patrick Swayze was awesome. I loved him in "Ghost."
    Aaaaaaaaa-hahahahaaaaaaa!! Pawty all the time...I'm pretty sure one of his lyrics is something about "out disco dancing". Sweet.

Another vote for Ghost. Now if we could just edit Whoopi Goldberg out of the movie, we'd be in great shape.

10. 09-25-2013, 04:08 AM

I don't know if it is just me, but Bill Cowher, the former coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers and front man in the Time-Warner Cable commercials, reminds me so much of Patrick Swayze.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

cameralady Guest
    Remember Eddie Murphy singing "My Girl Wants To Party All The Time?" Now that was cringeworthy!
    I grew up in NYC. Back then someone did a knock off of the song to honor the New York Giants who won the Superbowl in 1986 and it made its way onto the airwaves locally.

I remember a few tv actors singing in the 80's like John Schneider, Tom Wopat, David Soul, and probably a hundred more that don't immediately come to mind.
    Michael Damian! "Rock On"!

Patrick Swayze was awesome. I loved him in "Ghost."
    I give extra props to Swayze for singing that song because "back in the day", people's voices weren't completely produced/auto-tuned to death like they are nowadays.
    That's a very good point!

GuiltyLittleDeathHag Guest
    This still makes me so sad, heard "She's like the wind" the other day from Dirty Dancing and got teary eyed, still can't watch that scene from Ghost at the end where he's fading and says "The love inside, you take it with you"...Ugh, still depressed about this one...

I still can't watch the whole movie Ghost- there are a few sad/ironic parts. Esp. him dying in the street. I'm glad for his widow to be in love again. I bought The Beast on dvd even though it is only 1 season, it is good!
    Heres a something to make you laugh.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I hope this article isn't true, but it says that Patrick's will was forged and his brother is calling the widow a thief:

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/20...investigation/
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I hope this article isn't true, but it says that Patrick's will was forged and his brother is calling the widow a thief:

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/20...investigation/

Wow!! And after all these years. This is crazy. I thought Patrick and his wife were the perfect love story. I hope this isn't true.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

No way.

Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglander View Post
    Wow!! And after all these years. This is crazy. I thought Patrick and his wife were the perfect love story. I hope this isn't true.
    I think they were, but the family feels they need to be paid. In my family, the way it works is the mom and dad share the money. If one of them dies, the other gets ALL the money until they die and they decide how it should be divided. Patrick loved his brothers, I'm sure, but they didn't live with him, they were not married to him and since they were not in the will, they were not provided for by him. To pick apart the widow and drag her through litigation is just bad form.
    Minerva

Mammy Guest
    If his family was so worried about it, why did it take them over five years to bring it up? She's his wife, of course she got everything they had since they were a married couple for thirty four years. It sounds like sour grapes because she moved on and remarried and his family can't stand it that they didn't get any money after Patrick died.

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I think they were, but the family feels they need to be paid. In my family, the way it works is the mom and dad share the money. If one of them dies, the other gets ALL the money until they die and they decide how it should be divided. Patrick loved his brothers, I'm sure, but they didn't live with him, they were not married to him and since they were not in the will, they were not provided for by him. To pick apart the widow and drag her through litigation is just bad form.
    Really bad form. This brother was complaining last year because he was kicked out of the house the Mom lived in until her death (owned by Patrick and Lisa) lots of complaints about her, and then to top it off he was pissed he wasn't invited to Lisa's wedding.

Well, no, if you bad mouth someone to the press, you generally aren't invited to their wedding.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

I don't get people who feel entitled to money they didn't earn.

Why did it take them five years? Maybe one of them was broke and stirred the others up and voila.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I don't get people who feel entitled to money they didn't earn.

Why did it take them five years? Maybe one of them was broke and stirred the others up and voila.
    I can believe that.

There are claims out there that his wife was abusive

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ng-cancer.html

I could see where the Swayzes might have had some serious rows, especially when Patrick was drinking and perhaps endangering others (see: the airplane incident). Maybe Lisa slapped him and stomped out (as you do) and Patrick, not being one to hit a woman even in return, smacked walls or threw things in frustration. But it appeared they had worked out their differences by the time of the fatal diagnosis, and they did put in 34 years when they really didn't HAVE to. Late-stage cancer can actually make one LOOK abused, as the weight comes off and the skin gets thinner and every light little bump gets purple and is magnified. The accusations are probably emanating from the same source as those from several years ago-- the disgruntled brother and other in-laws. With the mother (who may have helped keep the peace) long gone, the gloves really came off.

either way, I can't watch Ghost anymore

Fun fact: Billy Zane was the first choice as 'Castle' in Dirty Dancing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    either way, I can't watch Ghost anymore

Fun fact: Billy Zane was the first choice as 'Castle' in Dirty Dancing
    I really like Zane. I don't know if he's deliberately kept his career small or has just not made the right choices.
    Minerva

Patrick Swayze was one of my favourite actors, he had an enormous amount of talent. When Dirty Dancing hit the screen, I watched it so many times I lost count (I was about 10), lol. Still to this day that would be in my top 10 list of favourite movies. His others were great to, Roadhouse and Ghost etc. It's sad that he practically faded away to nothing before he died, he always looked so healthy before the cancer. RIP Patrick, you were amazing!!