Thread: Michael Dutton Douglas Killed in Car Crash Involving Laura Bush

Michael Dutton Douglas Killed in Car Crash Involving Laura Bush

Laura Welch while driving killed a person she broadsided
    a person named Michael Dutton Douglas when she failed
    to stop at a stop sign.
    He was killed, this all happened in Midland Texas back
    in 1963 but to this day has been covered up by George
    W. Bush Laura's husband.
    Last edited by theotherlondon; 08-26-2009 at 12:24 PM.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

ChargerBill Guest
    Gee, thought Laura bit the bullet I think the title of the thread needs to be changed.

Here's a very interesting link to the story:
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/laura.asp

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargerBill View Post
    Gee, thought Laura bit the bullet I think the title of the thread needs to be changed.

Here's a very interesting link to the story:
    Holy crap! So did I! *heart attack*

Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    Holy crap! So did I! *heart attack*
    My jaw dropped to my lap! JHC FFS!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

It has not been covered up. It has been brought up time and time again. I'm sure it's not something she likes to discuss, though. I know I wouldn't.
    Here's the snopes article.
    Last edited by michihunt; 08-26-2009 at 12:17 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Misha Guest
    There wasn't any cover up. This has always been out there. A very tragic accident indeed.

Misha

Quote Originally Posted by michihunt View Post
    It has not been covered up. It has been brought up time and time again. I'm sure it's not something she likes to discuss, though. I know I wouldn't.
    Yes I agree, just like Ted Kennedy used to hate to talk about what
    happened all the years ago.

Forever-27 Guest
    I knew about it. Geeze It wasnt covered up by anybody. It was an accident. Nuff said

scott69 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Laura Welch while driving killed a person she broadsided
    a person named Michael Dutton Douglas when she failed
    to stop at a stop sign.
    He was killed, this all happened in Midland Texas back
    in 1963 but to this day has been covered up by George
    W. Bush Laura's husband.
    But did was she drunk like Kennedy? No!
    Did she hit him and run? No!
    Did she not try and get help? No!
    This was truly an accident.... its not like she had a married man in her car and was drunk...
    and lets all keep in mind, she was only 17 years old. Kennedy was a grown ass man when all he MURDERED that poor woman.

scott69 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    I knew about it. Geeze It wasnt covered up by anybody. It was an accident. Nuff said
    Exactly!

Here is the police report. BTW, I can get a pic of the intersection if you like. I live in Midland, Texas. Very sad situation for everyone involved.
    Last edited by michihunt; 08-26-2009 at 12:26 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GrinReaper Guest
    Same thing with Ted Kennedy. It was also an accident.

But I think the Laura Bush one could have been more avoidable. All she had to do was stop instead of ignoring it.
    Last edited by GrinReaper; 08-26-2009 at 12:27 PM.

scott69 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    But its what he did after the accident..... NOTHING!

ChargerBill Guest
    There will always be questions as to whether Mary Jo's death was an accident. There were rumors that Teddy impregnated MJK and wanted her and baby out of the way conveniently. Daddy's money made sure there was no autopsy performed
    Last edited by ChargerBill; 08-26-2009 at 12:29 PM.

Forever-27 Guest

umm Ted made some story about a long swim, going to some house to get help ect ect. If he gave two shits about saving that woman hed have stayed there, tried to get her out of the car while shes still consious as the car was sinking anything .... something. Ted whole story as told to the cops is a fake. He allowed her to die. No comparison, sorry Grim. Sjhe was pregnant with Teds kid, if shed have lived it would have destroyed Teds marrage and ended his political career. He couldnt have that so he let her die.
    Last edited by Forever-27; 08-26-2009 at 12:30 PM.

Thank You my point exactly.
    Do not point fingers at anyone.
    Because in the end it will come back to bite you.
    Last edited by theotherlondon; 08-26-2009 at 12:31 PM.

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by scott69 View Post
    ...and lets all keep in mind, she was only 17 years old. Kennedy was a grown ass man when all he MURDERED that poor woman.
    Well if she's old enough to drive then she's old enough to stop at a stop sign which she failed to do.

Age isn't an excuse for her actions. Especially where it involves a death.

scott69 Guest
    Well if she's old enough to drive then she's old enough to stop at a stop sign which she failed to do.

LOL! Give me a break! Thats why they are called ACCIDENTS! HELLO! The report says it was a bright sunny day, I've been driving for years and can relate to the effect from the sun's glare. You're comparing apples to oranges when you compare her ACCIDENT to Ted's NEGLECT and homicide for not banging on all those houses he passed going back to that party to get his rich "buddies" to help him out. Nuff said!

GrinReaper Guest
    umm Ted made some story about a long swim, going to some house to get help ect ect. If he gave two shits about saving that woman hed have stayed there, tried to get her out of the car while shes still consious as the car was sinking anything .... something. Ted whole story as told to the cops is a fake. He allowed her to die. No comparison, sorry Grim. Sjhe was pregnant with Teds kid, if shed have lived it would have destroyed Teds marrage and ended his political career. He couldnt have that so he let her die.
    I don't think it's fair to judge since the only one who really knows the whole story and intentions was Ted himself and he will take any secrets, if there are any, to the grave.
    Stories and things get rearranged. I think we may have lost touch with the first person account of this. Especially since it happened 40 years ago.
    So who knows what to really believe or what really happened.

I could provide links that show how Ted did try to save her but your probably so angry that you would discount anything to the contrary of what you want to believe.
    So it's pointless to argue so I won't even bother.
    Peace and take care.

This is so true, I could have not said it better myself.

GrinReaper Guest
    LOL! Give me a break! Thats why they are called ACCIDENTS! HELLO! The report says it was a bright sunny day, I've been driving for years and can relate to the effect from the sun's glare. You're comparing apples to oranges when you compare her ACCIDENT to Ted's NEGLECT and homicide for not banging on all those houses he passed going back to that party to get his rich "buddies" to help him out. Nuff said!
    I suppose we're going to choose our sides and how we feel about these two different accidents depending on our political leanings or who we like better instead of looking at facts.

GrinReaper Guest
    As I understand it, Michael Dutton Douglas was also Laura Bush's ex boyfriend.

scott69 Guest
    I suppose we're going to choose our sides and how we feel about these two different accidents depending on our political leanings or who we like better instead of looking at facts.
    I did look at the facts. Laura had whats called an accident and Kennedy did whats called homicide. Those are all the facts I need.

ChargerBill Guest
    It's a very interesting thread indeed and in my opinion deserves a spot in the forum. To start it in response to and comparing it to the banter in the MJK thread is questionable.

Noreen Guest
    Thank you GrinReaper and OtherLondon!

choochie Guest
    I suppose if someone wasn't looking for Mary Jo, she'd still be in the car at the bottom of the river.

GrinReaper Guest
    I did look at the facts. Laura had whats called an accident and Kennedy did whats called homicide. Those are all the facts I need.
    I disagree with calling what Kennedy did as a "homicide."
    Without being an eye witness, I prefer to reserve judgement on some things. (I will never know if OJ did it.)
    Though I would be interested to know what makes you call it a "homicide?"
    And what did Laura do right after her accident?
    Did she go out looking for help?
    Call the police?

And I am curious to know what your political leanings, if any, would be?
    Conservative, liberal, progressive, right, center, left, don't give a damn?

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by choochie View Post
    I suppose if someone wasn't looking for Mary Jo, she'd still be in the car at the bottom of the river.
    Word.

ChargerBill Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by choochie View Post
    Seems to me that probably made a whole lot of sense to a drunk at the time Teddy.

This is an interesting thread. Since we are comparing Laura & Teds accidents, I thought these facts might be of interest:

Laura (at time of accident): high school student. 17 years old.
    Ted: (at time of accident) United States Senator. 37 years old.

Laura: remained at the scene of the accident.
    Ted: left scene of accident. Called police around 9am the next morning. In the meantime, returned to party he was at and tried to establish an alibi. Also asked Joseph Gargan (his cousin) if he would say that he was driving instead of Ted.

Laura at time of accident: sober
    Ted: intoxicated

No criminal charges were filed against Laura. It was ruled an unfortunate accident. No criminal charges were filed against Ted either. As far as I can tell, it was an accident as well. However, one accident was committed by a chatty teenager (one of her girlfriends was in the car with her) and one was committed by an intoxicated, adult man, who should have manned up and called the police as soon as possible. Maybe MJ could have survived. We'll never know. I see a difference.
    Last edited by michihunt; 08-26-2009 at 01:15 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ChargerBill Guest
    Without an autopsy, there will always be doubt if she was conscious to even have a chance to survive

Misha Guest
    Uh...if we're looking at who is MORE guilty (why??) it would be Ted, obviously. Not even because of what he did or didn't do for Mary Jo after the accident, but because he was intoxicated. This is a no-brainer.

Misha

scott69 Guest

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by michihunt View Post
    This is an interesting thread. Since we are comparing Laura & Teds accidents, I thought these facts might be of interest:

Laura (at time of accident): high school student. 17 years old.
    Ted: (at time of accident) United States Senator. 37 years old.

Laura: remained at the scene of the accident.
    Ted: left scene of accident. Called police around 9am the next morning. In the meantime, returned to party he was at and tried to establish an alibi. Also asked Joseph Gargan (his cousin) if he would say that he was driving instead of Ted.

Laura at time of accident: sober
    Ted: intoxicated

No criminal charges were filed against Laura. It was ruled an unfortunate accident. No criminal charges were filed against Ted either. As far as I can tell, it was an accident as well. However, one accident was committed by a chatty teenager (one of her girlfriends was in the car with her) and one was committed by an intoxicated, adult man, who should have manned up and called the police as soon as possible. Maybe MJ could have survived. We'll never know. I see a difference.
    Thank-you michihunt, well said my friend!

djdeath-hag Guest
    Please remember that this thread is about Michael Dutton Douglas & Laura Welch Bush, (not Mary Jo Kopechne & Ted Kennedy) the rules of FADforum....no reason to get carded over disagreements or comparisons.

scott69 Guest

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    Please remember that this thread is about Michael Dutton Douglas & Laura Welch Bush, (not Mary Jo Kopechne & Ted Kennedy) the rules of FADforum....no reason to get carded over disagreements or comparisons.
    Thanks for pointing that out! I was thinking the same thing.

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    Well....well....He started it!

No really, thanx for getting us back on track DJ.

There are other places for discussing others.

Thanks DJ! You rock my socks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here is his pic.

and his grave.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NOVSTORM Guest
    I heard about this before he got elected the first time.
    She was a kid not paying attention and at that time they didnt try people or kids for manslaughter for a car accident unless they were drunk or on drugs.

scott69 Guest

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    I heard about this before he got elected the first time.
    She was a kid not paying attention and at that time they didnt try people or kids for manslaughter for a car accident unless they were drunk or on drugs.
    Thank-you Novstrom! I agree!

GrinReaper Guest
    LOL! Give me a break! Thats why they are called ACCIDENTS! HELLO! The report says it was a bright sunny day, I've been driving for years and can relate to the effect from the sun's glare.
    Well according to this http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/laura.asp
    the accident happened on a clear evening around 8 pm.
    Also she was driving between 50-55 m.p.h.
    I'm unable to cut and paste but it is an interesting read.

scott69 Guest
    I'm unable to cut and paste but it is an interesting read.
    So what you're saying is this wasn't an accident?! Dude Get a life!

Misha Guest
    I'm unable to cut and paste but it is an interesting read
    Yes, so what is the point of this? Are you trying to make Laura Bush a "horrible" person because of it?

Misha

So what you're saying is this wasn't an accident?! Dude Get a life!

Uh no, he quite clearly states "the accident happened....."

Dude, get a grip

scott69 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Misha View Post
    Yes, so what is the point of this? Are you trying to make Laura Bush a "horrible" person because of it?

Misha
    Exactly! It was a horrible tragic ACCIDENT! I don't know why some people are too dense to comprehend that?!
    Well said Misha

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    Uh no, he quite clearly states "the accident happened....."

Dude, get a grip
    Thanx

My reason for the post and link was to show that it happened at night.
    Scott69 made an earlier claim about something in regards to the sun and glare.
    Also on the police reprort under "Light conditions" the box next to "darkness" is checked.

As for the speeds, I didn't realize that it was such a high speed collision.
    I imagined that it was slower and on town streets but it was on, I think, rural roads.

Yes, I dislike Laura Bush probably because of the dim watt bulb she married.
    But I am not so blinded by my anger that I'm going to start foolishly calling this "murder" or whatever.

Was this an accident? Yes.
    Was Laura Bush responsible? Yes
    Should she have been charged with anything in regards to manslaughter etc? I don't know. That's up to the courts to decide.
    Last edited by GrinReaper; 08-26-2009 at 02:56 PM.

Thanx

Also on the police reprort under "Light conditions" the box next to "darkness" is checked.

I imagined that it was slower and on town streets but it was on, I think, rural roads.

But I am not so blinded by my anger that I'm going to start foolishly calling this "murder" or whatever.

Yer welcome!

I always wondered myself why Laura married such a dim bulb! And it wasn't looks!

Nelliebean Guest
    I read about this years ago. I don't remember a cover-up.

scott69 Guest

Question

Thanx

Was this an accident? Yes.
    Was Laura Bush responsible? Yes
    Should she have been charged with anything in regards to manslaughter etc? I don't know. That's up to the courts to decide.
    So because you don't like her makes this not accident? I'm confused? Why is so hard for you to accept that? Do you think she did it on purpose? Gezzzzzz

Misha Guest
    Some people dislike others for what they stand for, and he even admits he probably doesnt like her because she married George. Whatever.....I do not know her. Why do people say they like or dislike people they dont even know?

Of course, this is being asked by someone who blatantly admits she (strongly!) dislikes Celine Dion.

Misha