Thread: TV show "Cheaters"

Pryncis Guest

TV show "Cheaters"

I did a search for the show and only came up with threads about cheating wives, husbands etc. so I hope this thread is ok, if not go ahead and merge it!

I work at a large resort here at the beach. It was brought to the manager's attention that the van from the TV show "Cheaters" was parked in our hotel's parking lot. You can guess the gossip was juicy, but we didn't have a clue as for whom they were looking. As a policy, we at the hotel can not discuss the information contained in a reservation/folio with anyone except to whom the room is registered/reserved. Every once in a while we'll get calls from people checking to see if their significant other/spouses have reserved a room and unless we have permission to talk to anyone else we can't even confirm a reservation is in our system.

So my question is, since I have never really seen the show, how do these people work? I assume they just kinda walk up on a person blindsided and prove them as cheaters then air it on TV. What type of fireworks should we expect? We don't get much drama like this in the off season!

I used to watch until I saw the one about the party where the half dressed man was carrying a goat. I realized then it was staged or there is a whole lifestyle out there that I know nothing about (and don't want to!).
    Wanna see my grandkids?

The best one was where they took the wife to the hotel where the hubster was in a loom with a tranny and he was the sub all gussied up in the leather body suit, hood etc. Whips, butt plugs, monster dildo's and god knows what else littering the room. Hilarious.

God I miss that show.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

WendyK Guest
    My fav was when the husband , met up with his wife and her BF at the lake making out! He pushed the BF in the lake! Priceless!

Do you remember the one guy who stabbed the host? They were on a boat somewhere.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Pryncis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    Do you remember the one guy who stabbed the host? They were on a boat somewhere.
    So I guess it was a good idea the manager notified security... Oh jeez... this is going to be really bad... or really good depending on how you look at it!

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryncis View Post
    So I guess it was a good idea the manager notified security... Oh jeez... this is going to be really bad... or really good depending on how you look at it!
    No, I am not an avid watcher of the show but..HOLY SHIT! He stabbed the guy?

oh, I didn't even know this show was still on. I never really knew when it was on, so I didn't get to watch it but when I did I loved it.

The way it works is that someone suspects someone of cheating and contacts the show. The show then follows that person around, collecting evidence. They then show the evidence (video, basically) to the person who called them, and then go confront the person, while he is with the other man/woman. They must be at the confrontation stage I'm guessing, if the van is there. Let us know if anything exciting happens!

Grab your popcorn, sit back and watch somebody get their butt's kicked. It shall be delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    No, I am not an avid watcher of the show but..HOLY SHIT! He stabbed the guy?
    Yeah the cheater was mad that he got caught and the host wouldn't back off so he stabbed him in the stomach. Needless to say the host missed a few tapings after that!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

WendyK Guest
    Yeah the cheater was mad that he got caught and the host wouldn't back off so he stabbed him in the stomach. Needless to say the host missed a few tapings after that!
    Oh, LORD..

The hosts (I have seen two) are both real sleazeballs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    The hosts (I have seen two) are both real sleazeballs.
    Why do you think that?

Pryncis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by okidoll View Post
    Grab your popcorn, sit back and watch somebody get their butt's kicked. It shall be delicious.
    Nothing had happened by the time I left at 10pm. I don't work again until Tuesday at 4pm, so it will be Tuesday night sometime before I can post... if there is anything to post!

Pryncis Guest
    Well, no new info to report. The van is still parked in the parking garage... I'll keep you posted!

crazedfemale Guest
    I have watched that show. It's on quite often locally since it's produced in Dallas. I guess they go everywhere in the country; but it seems they are stalking lots of cheaters in the D/FW area.

Pryncis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by crazedfemale View Post
    I have watched that show. It's on quite often locally since it's produced in Dallas. I guess they go everywhere in the country; but it seems they are stalking lots of cheaters in the D/FW area.
    What's really funny is the van has SC tags that read "CAUGHT" LOL

Dollyplum Guest
    My heart and liver! How exciting. I used to watch the show in the UK. But it tends to be repeats over here until the tight wad UK Living Channel put their hand in their pocket and buy more. I have seen the tranny one and the river side ones too.

I love a lot of American programmes and am I an avid watch of Dr Phil too. Would love to get over to watch a show live.

Do keep us posted. x

Layla331 Guest
    if the van advertises who they are..who in their right mind would stay there if they were cheating,.lol

Pryncis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Layla331 View Post
    if the van advertises who they are..who in their right mind would stay there if they were cheating,.lol
    Well, they do the whole undercover thing, and we have over 500 rooms at my resort. Our parking garage has 8 levels so it's possible the "cheater" may not have even seen the van yet. It's not like we can announce it to all of our guests either. I don't know if it was another guest or security when they did their sweep that notified the manager on duty... You'd be amazed at what can go down at a hotel, especially in Myrtle Beach in the off season! It's kinda like the saying Las Vegas has, you know.. "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas", it's kinda like the same thinking here...

Dollyplum Guest
    We say "what happens in Blighty stays in Blighty!" lol. Doesnt quite have the same ring does it?

burgtwngrl Guest
    I used to faithfully watch cheaters until my husband cheated on me then watching the pain of others wasn't so entertaining anymore. I haven't watched it since.

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by burgtwngrl View Post
    I used to faithfully watch cheaters until my husband cheated on me then watching the pain of others wasn't so entertaining anymore. I haven't watched it since.
    I can totally understand that!

Taggerez Guest
    The Spanish language version of Cheaters is acted. It features Lots of T and A and lurid situations.

Bleedstreet Guest
    When the host got stabbed it was unreal... he got shanked in the gut and fell off a boat if i remember right?...cops will be the first to tell ya..getting caught inbetween a domestic brawl is one of the most dangerous situations a cop can be in...these cheaters guys.set it up and fan the flames..its bound to happen again.

found the clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyACPmeFBRQ
    Last edited by Bleedstreet; 02-11-2009 at 09:48 PM.

Pryncis Guest
    I didn't get any word today if the van is still at my hotel. We haven't heard anything about anyone getting caught so I guess we'll just wait and see. I can only guess they are waiting for Valentine's Day...

Maybe the crew was staying there while in town to bust someone somewhere else.
    I've been recording this show lately because it's on at like 2am when I'm either in bed or at work. The original host Joey Greco talks so low it's amazing. He couldn't be any quieter without whispering. The new host Clark Gable is handsome.
    I love the people who get all pissed off at the person their partner is cheating with instead of their partner, especially when the person thought they were dating someone who was single. Get mad at your boy/girlfriend they are the one who is supposed to be committed to you!!

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    Maybe the crew was staying there while in town to bust someone somewhere else.
    Or perhaps Cheaters had some kind of deal with one of the airlines to fly the host to the city in question once they would get a tip and felt it was worthwhile to go. Once there, again perhaps either a local TV crew or a local production house would be used to film the host and the parties involved. Not hard to have a Cheaters logo on the van, just slap the logo on the rental and there ya go. I know when COPS was airing on FOX usually but not always, a production crew from the local FOX affiliate were used to tape the action of course the cameras used didn't always sport the FOX logo either. Actually I knew a guy who had filmed a piece for COPS back in the early 90's when they did a show in West Virginia. He worked for the local FOX station ( unfortunately the TV station had went out a business not long after the COPS/West Virginia episode had aired ). He never was paid for his service but his name was in the credits and by having COPS on his resume saying his work was seen to a nationwide audience it did help him land a television job in Baltimore. I would imagine some of the folks who had filmed Cheaters had used their experience as a stepping stone of sorts.

Mammy Guest
    I bet Clara Harris wishes she had went this route.

No cheaters on TV here anymore. Bummer, loved that show.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]