Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6131415

Thread: Gas prices where you live

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Isn't it amazing how excited we get over lower gas prices? A few years ago, gas priced over $2 a gallon felt like the end of the world. Lol

Ours has finally dropped below $3 per gallon. And I use a grocery store rewards program where I can save up to a buck a gallon. I combine their deals where you get 4 or 5x gas points for buying something and last month got 60 cents off each gallon. Haven't paid such a low price for gas in at least 2 or 3 years.

One of my friends does the same thing and saved a buck per gallon, paying $1.93 per gallon. Booyah!

Right now the lowest gas price in town (not affiliated with any rewards program) is $2.85 per gallon. It was about $3.50 per gallon just a couple of months ago. People say it's got something to do with winter. No idea if that's true. Regardless, I'll take the lower price.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post

Ours has finally dropped below $3 per gallon. And I use a grocery store rewards program where I can save up to a buck a gallon. I combine their deals where you get 4 or 5x gas points for buying something and last month got 60 cents off each gallon. Haven't paid such a low price for gas in at least 2 or 3 years.

One of my friends does the same thing and saved a buck per gallon, paying $1.93 per gallon. Booyah!

Right now the lowest gas price in town (not affiliated with any rewards program) is $2.85 per gallon. It was about $3.50 per gallon just a couple of months ago. People say it's got something to do with winter. No idea if that's true. Regardless, I'll take the lower price.
    I wish we had a local Kroger so we could rack up on gas savings when we shop in the store. About the only local break on gas prices is buying a Walmart gift card and using it at the gas pumps to save a few cents off per gallon. It's amazing that paying less for gas makes so much difference in a household budget. We had really cut down on going anywhere when gas was $4 a gallon.

Yeah that wasn't fun - especially back when I lived in the Bay Area and gas was $5 per gallon. That was less than 3 years ago.

Two great things about lower gas prices are I keep my car tuned up, tires properly inflated, get the oil changed regularly and all that, so it still gets the same gas mileage it did when bought new. And living in a small town, a tank of gas lasts me about a month.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Yeah that wasn't fun - especially back when I lived in the Bay Area and gas was $5 per gallon. That was less than 3 years ago.

Two great things about lower gas prices are I keep my car tuned up, tires properly inflated, get the oil changed regularly and all that, so it still gets the same gas mileage it did when bought new. And living in a small town, a tank of gas lasts me about a month.
    Yes, living in a small town definitely helps. I've never lived anywhere except small towns and I'm fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    $3.51. Not the 89 cents it was in 1979, but somewhat better that several places around the country.
    89.9 cents is $2.94 in 2014, adjusted for inflation. Therefore, in inflation-adjusted terms, gas at the local Fred Meyer is slightly cheaper than it was in 1979.

6. 11-28-2014, 05:35 AM

PurrPurr Guest
    Checked out a couple gas stations today on my way home from the store. Down to $1.79 here!

It's about $3.05 here, in save-the-planet British Columbia.
    Last edited by Maxster; 02-27-2016 at 09:55 AM.

$1.69 here
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

1.89 here. Minus the 40 cents per gallon gas reward I got for shopping at my fave grocery store, and I paid a buck 49 per gallon. Awww yeaaah

About 2.19 here. Keep coming down!

$1.69
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

navallint Guest
    $1.49

Here in Canada they are going crazy high.
    Just like all around the world.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

$2 as of Monday.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I think I saw today it was $4.47 per gallon for regular. I filled up yesterday and it was $4.38.

between 6.05-6.57

I believe Sissy said a bit less than 5 bucks here.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD