Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Joan Rivers

simon69 Guest

Guest Guest
    Ah good old Joan, never controversial

radiojane Guest
    I can't believe the F word is still off limits on television. Nothing else is.

"There are persons who, when they cease to shock us, cease to interest us."
    -F. H. Bradley
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Tripfaceape Guest
    I love Joan...I hope I still have that much spunk when I'm 114 years old too

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripfaceape View Post
    I love Joan...I hope I still have that much spunk when I'm 114 years old too
    Lol, she would look older if her facial surgery slipped!

No suprises here.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    As usual, defending her talentless daughter.

RubySlippers Guest
    i used to like Joan then her and her daughter went apeshit on the Celebrity Apprentice. AND THEN CAME BACK! i lost some respect for her then. never liked her bitch of a daughter - EVER.

Jod6cindy Guest
    Melissa Rivers is a Horseface.

I liked Joan in the 80s and early part of the 90s when a lot of her humor was self-deprecating. But she became a cruel and vicious bitch afterwards and it seemed the more she pulled her face tighter and tighter, the meaner and more vicious she became.

Dixie Girl Guest
    What the heck, she has to get publicity somehow. Lord knows that if she has too many more surgeries then her skin will be pulled so tight that she cannot enunciate properly, and there goes her only gig hosting whatever it is she hosts.

I hate Joan Rivers. She's never been funny IMO and now she's just fighting nature and loking horrid. Maybe that's some kind of karma. All I know is if she has any more facelifts she's going to end up with a goatee.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

STORMIE Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by priceless View Post
    I hate Joan Rivers. She's never been funny IMO and now she's just fighting nature and loking horrid. Maybe that's some kind of karma. All I know is if she has any more facelifts she's going to end up with a goatee.

LMAO!!!

that's nothing. you ought to have heard her when she saw the results of the last plastic surgery.
    Delusion. Life's Best Coping Mechanism
    Check out Floyd's new Band:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHYA5iAAJg8

John Connor Guest
    They just roasted her and Brad Garrett (Ray Barone's brother) said she "fucked more old Jews than Bernie Maddon."

Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    i used to like Joan then her and her daughter went apeshit on the Celebrity Apprentice. AND THEN CAME BACK! i lost some respect for her then. never liked her bitch of a daughter - EVER.
    Agreed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lane4 Guest
    Howard Stern was talking about the roast a lot as Robin Quivers got to "roast" Joan. Guess what the only topic that was completely off limits? Her daughter. Anything else was fair game. I like Joan but hasn't she made a nice career out of bagging on people in the public eye? I think Melissa should be fair game now.

Joan just seems rancid to me.

Itsme Guest
    Joan, used to be funny..Now she is just old.

Nicki Guest
    She looked like she had a hangover!

ajlposh Guest
    I can't wait for the roast of her.

Jod6cindy Guest
    If it's for her, it will be a pig roast.

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jod6cindy View Post
    If it's for her, it will be a pig roast.
    Love it!

dcg76 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    Agreed as well.

Melissa seemed like a spoiled brat, and Joan an enabler.

Nicki Guest
    Yep, Johnny Carson knew what he was doing with he threw her out on her ass all those years ago!

Jod6cindy Guest
    Years ago she used to say that Gloria Vanderbilt had gotten such a bad face lift, she looked like she had been given an enema with a vaccuum cleaner. I wonder what she thinks of her own mug? She looks like she french-kissed a moose!

Jod6cindy Guest
    I heard the last man to mount Melissa was Willie Shoemaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Jod6cindy View Post
    I heard the last man to mount Melissa was Willie Shoemaker.

Yikes! Thanks for that visual...
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

I don't agree with Everything that Joan does. A lot of it is based on what people are thinking but afraid to say something about. Joan made a joke about the 911 widows. Joan claim that some of the husbands made have been wife- beaters and the wives were at home saying ' Yeah that SOB".

Now Joan is talking about Brooke Shields. I disagreed with People on the MJ thread. I thought Brooke's speech at MJ's service was phony. Now Joan says something about it. Lets face it Brooke was only with MJ in the 1980's to get publicity. She denied a romance with Jackson, he said there was one. Then Brooke shows up at the service. IT was a bad acting job.
    http://www.okmagazine.com/2009/08/jo...hields-a-fake/
    Joan Rivers Calls Brooke Shields A Fake

[SIZE=2]August 4th, 2009 12:35 pm / Author: Oliver Coleman [/SIZE]
    Many people shed a tear when Brooke Shields remembered her friend Michael Jackson at his memorial service on July 7th, but apparently Joan Rivers wasn’t one of them.
    No, it’s not because a surgeon has disconnected her tear ducts.
    The acerbic comic and reigning Apprentice champion has called the Blue Lagoon actress a fraud, saying she faked her grief to get herself some coverage in the media.
    “She was Michael Jackson’s dearest friend,” Joan says, rolling her eyes, on a video on TMZ, “… she hadn’t seen him since 1993.”
    When the camera guy asks her if she thought Brooke’s sentiment was genuine, Joan spits back, “Oh darling, grow up! It’s called ‘face time’.”
    Well, we don’t know about Brooke, but heaven forbid Joan ever use another celebrity to get some attention…

s it was phony.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

MoonRabbit Guest
    I love Joan Rivers! She makes me laugh more than any other comedian.
    She was quite a looker when she was young. I think her many surgeries
    make her look like a cat but there will never be anyone like her ever again.

She is an American original.
    Her falling out with the late Johnny Carson was heartbreaking.

She stabbed him in the back. That was the only thing I thought
    Joan Rivers did that was wrong. Johnny never forgave her.

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    I don't agree with Everything that Joan does. A lot of it is based on what people are thinking but afraid to say something about. Joan made a joke about the 911 widows. Joan claim that some of the husbands made have been wife- beaters and the wives were at home saying ' Yeah that SOB".

Now Joan is talking about Brooke Shields. I disagreed with People on the MJ thread. I thought Brooke's speech at MJ's service was phony. Now Joan says something about it. Lets face it Brooke was only with MJ in the 1980's to get publicity. She denied a romance with Jackson, he said there was one. Then Brooke shows up at the service. IT was a bad acting job.
    http://www.okmagazine.com/2009/08/jo...hields-a-fake/
    Joan Rivers Calls Brooke Shields A Fake

[SIZE=2]August 4th, 2009 12:35 pm / Author: Oliver Coleman [/SIZE]
    Many people shed a tear when Brooke Shields remembered her friend Michael Jackson at his memorial service on July 7th, but apparently Joan Rivers wasnâ??t one of them.
    No, itâ??s not because a surgeon has disconnected her tear ducts.
    The acerbic comic and reigning Apprentice champion has called the Blue Lagoon actress a fraud, saying she faked her grief to get herself some coverage in the media.
    â??She was Michael Jacksonâ??s dearest friend,â? Joan says, rolling her eyes, on a video on TMZ, â??â?¦ she hadnâ??t seen him since 1993.â?
    When the camera guy asks her if she thought Brookeâ??s sentiment was genuine, Joan spits back, â??Oh darling, grow up! Itâ??s called â??face timeâ??.â?
    Well, we donâ??t know about Brooke, but heaven forbid Joan ever use another celebrity to get some attentionâ?¦

s it was phony.
    As usual Hollywood is through with Brook Shields. She is older now and
    of course Hollywood usually discards older beauties.
    Brook probably wanted her 15 minutes while she could take it
    so she spoke at the MJ funeral.
    Hollywood is a shit with older actors, always has been.
    As is the media in general. Their moto is "When you're hot you're
    hot, when you're not you're not!".

burgtwngrl Guest
    I always liked Joan Rivers... But She seems to be a bitter old woman now. Very Sad. She even brought up her feud with Johnny Carson after Ed McMahon died.

Let it go Joan... that was back in the 1980's She can hold a grudge longer than my miserable sister.

TallulahDahling Guest
    Who's shocked? Anyone? Anyone?

Dixie Girl Guest
    I saw her on one of the morning talk shows yesterday I think it was--it looked as though she was scared too smile because her skin was drawn so tight! I also noted that in a side profile, her eyes are beginning to resemble that lady who wanted to look like a lion (can't think of her name).

cachluv Guest
    I saw her on Graham Norton last night. Killer show. She said she was talking to Demi Moore once and pronounced her name "Demmy". Demi Moore told her "no, it's De-MEE. De-MEE" so Joanie says "I get it, it's like Ba-ITCH! I get it, I get it".

She didn't drop the F-bomb, but her segment on Celebrity Ghost Stories on the bio channel was very good!

stinkythejokedog Guest
    She'll probably be banned from the airwaves...thank God she didn't show her nipples...which could nurse a sewer worker

Thought I'd bump this one up again.

Joan's documentary, "Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work," came out on DVD a couple of weeks ago. It was on sale at Target so I bought a copy and watched it last night. I'm not so much a Joan Rivers fan as I am fascinated by what makes stand-up comics tick. In the documentary, she came off at least to me as a somewhat tragic figure. Very much driven to succeed and has a huge need for acceptance.

In the documentary, her Comedy Central roast came up as a topic of discussion. So... I looked that up on YouTube and was amazed at how unmerciful they were toward her. One of the jokes said that her vagina was the cause of at least one death, referring to the suicide of her husband Edgar. The roast was also interesting in that it featured Greg Giraldo, who would die about 13 months after the taping from an accidental overdose. It seemed very ironic to me in light of the vagina joke considering that fact that Joan is still here but Greg isn't.

Without a doubt Joan is controversial and difficult to watch for many reasons, but after watching the documentary, I have a new level of respect for her.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

really? what happened to the 7 second delay or whatever. I blame the TV show for this, not Joan.

Its Joan's birthday today. She's what......107? Here's what she originally looked like in 1968. I hear she's had so many face lifts her vagina is between her shoulder blades.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Madame 1968..jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	47085
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

I used to love Joan, now every other word out of her mouth is Fuck... I'm sorry I find it a bit much for a woman her age. You can still be funny without having to use the F word in every joke.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Mammy Guest
    She really needs to watch her fucking mouth. Lol

I actually really like her a lot. She reminds of one of my favorite aunts (aside from looks of course). Joan's daughter gets on my nerves though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

MAMMY!!

I watched her Roast again a couple days ago.

If you're interested.. Pt. 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTyJ3O12iM0

The rest is easy to find on YT.

Oh! Just saw this too.. Joan is going to go on Celeb Wife Swap and she is switching with....... Bristol. Palin..... yeah.. Should be interesting..?

http://www.examiner.com/article/joan...-for-wife-swap
    Last edited by RiotBoots; 06-08-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Mammy Guest
    LOL, sorry, guess I'm kinda old for such a potty mouth, too!

MrsE1981 Guest
    I think she's funny, but I'm a bitch myself...

She did a UK tour last year and my husband took me, my mom and his Grandad to see her. We all pissed ourselves laughing

JacksTiger Guest
    She currently has an internet show every week http://inbedwithjoan.com/ The episodes have other stand up comedians and some are funny as hell.

her stuff gets old ... like on Fashion Police Joan does a lot of dirty, sex jokes... I like her when shes being funny about something else....Shes great on QVC! And we share a birthday, June 8
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My mom loves her. Especially her appearances on QVC. I think she's overly plastic-surgerized (new word!) and does get stale. But she still delivers some great red carpet zingers

This woman is 80 years old and she said the
    last thing she wants to do is to piss on Johnny
    Carson's grave.
    Time to let the past go Joan.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.