Page 7 of 69 FirstFirst ... 567891656 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson 2

Nayzo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    Here's an article about Michael's dancing:

http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critic...ncing_acocella
    Huh, that's interesting. Kind of sad here:

"But despite Jacksonâ??s awe of his predecessor, he never learned the two rules that Astaire, as soon as he gained power over the filming, insisted on: (1) donâ??t interrupt the dance with reaction shots or any other extraneous shots, and (2) favor a full-body shot over a closeup. To Astaire, the dance was primaryâ??his main storyâ??and he had it filmed accordingly. In Jacksonâ??s videos, the dance is tertiary, even quaternary (after the song and the story and the filming). The camera repeatedly cuts away, and, when it comes back, it often limits itself to the upper body. Jackson didnâ??t value his dancing enough."

Nayzo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendipitous View Post
    I tend to agree with most of that article. Michael lost a great deal of his abandon and became more reliant on the same moves later in his career, but he never failed to mesmerize with his dance. He committed totally to each move that he made onstage. It was magical to see.
    That's true; and honestly, you're better off, as a performer, having a smaller catalog of moves, but doing them perfectly every time.

imadeathhag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Becomes Her View Post
    Sorry for posting - we only get snippits of info here at the bottom of the world and usually third hand :-( Oh and I am not an idiot who believes the garbage - it was just my thoughts on Dr Murray - that was all.
    I will watch my P's and Q's from now on!

Don't apologize for posting

carebearsluv Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendipitous View Post
    I tend to agree with most of that article. Michael lost a great deal of his abandon and became more reliant on the same moves later in his career, but he never failed to mesmerize with his dance. He committed totally to each move that he made onstage. It was magical to see.
    But see, that is what was so great about Michael. He didn't have to do anything new, all he needed to do was his signature moves and he still impressed everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by carebearsluv View Post
    But see, that is what was so great about Michael. He didn't have to do anything new, all he needed to do was his signature moves and he still impressed everyone.
    Because no one else could get it like MJ. I watched the 25th Motown celebration just because he was going to be on there and I hadn't seen him in so long then. Had been listening to him at work on the radio. Loved me some Billy Jean. And when he debuted the moonwalk, my jaw dropped and I was like Oh. My. God. He was Mr. Danse Extraordinaire.
    Last edited by cindyt; 07-26-2009 at 06:11 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

heartbreakdj00 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Because no one else could get it like MJ. I watched the 25th Motown celebration just because he was going to be on there and I hadn't seen him in so long then. Had been listening to him at work on the radio. Loved me some Billy Jean. And when he debuted the moonwalk, my jaw dropped and I was like Oh. My. God. He was Mr. Danse Extraordinaire.
    he still was until his death..and he will always remain the master and dance extraordinaire.

I was just watching J5 on youtube again. My God, but he was a cute thang...both as a child and as a young adult. If only he had realized how loved he was....he'd be a beautiful man still among us.

heartbreakdj00 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNotherOne View Post
    I was just watching J5 on youtube again. My God, but he was a cute thang...both as a child and as a young adult. If only he had realized how loved he was....he'd be a beautiful man still among us.
    I completely agree.
    I think it should be illegal for a family that big to ALL be sooo unbelievably talented.

Quote Originally Posted by Death Becomes Her View Post
    Sorry for posting - we only get snippits of info here at the bottom of the world and usually third hand :-( Oh and I am not an idiot who believes the garbage - it was just my thoughts on Dr Murray - that was all.
    I will watch my P's and Q's from now on!
    If it's true that Asshat Quack Murray made that poor kid watch his father die, he deserves the maximum punishment. God, I hope that isn't true!
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by heartbreakdj00 View Post
    I completely agree.
    I think it should be illegal for a family that big to ALL be sooo unbelievably talented.
    I've been having a ball dancing to "Smooth Criminal" with pelvic thrusts included. Good thing I live in the country! I can dance like no-one's watching because that's exactly what's going on. Granted, since I'm female I don't have the bouncing bits in the gold pants, but this isn't too bad for a 43-year-old broad, either.
    Then, a song started up that at first, I didn't recognize. It was Michael singing "Smile." I couldn't get past the first line of the song before I had to shut it off. In time I want to hear all of the song because he made it sound so beautiful.
    I want to buy one of the T-shirts, but I don't want to deal with the negativity. How are the rest of everyone handling nasty comments? I've loved Michael for years, but I just don't want to hear all the ugly remarks. It doesn't say much for me as a person if I can't take a tiny portion of what he went through for years.

Correction: It's true that with the individual candles all I have to do is slap 'em, make each uniform with the others, and add the name below. But I will spend some time on the header, and it's no bother. i love doing stuff like that.
    I love that candle with the logo Michael used for Neverland. Is it OK to use it, since he felt Neverland was contaminated after the witch hunt by the cops?

Please help me find the animated clip

The pic I'm enclosing was used in an "Your Argument Is Invalid" animated clip on the MJ1 thread. It had scrolling text in the middle. "He asked Annie if she was OK. He washed his hair thoroughly." Please help me find this. Photobucket and Google Images don't have it. Thanks.

Name:  images.jpg10.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  2.5 KB

heartbreakdj00 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    The pic I'm enclosing was used in an "Your Argument Is Invalid" animated clip on the MJ1 thread. It had scrolling text in the middle. "He asked Annie if she was OK. He washed his hair thoroughly." Please help me find this. Photobucket and Google Images don't have it. Thanks.

Name:  images.jpg10.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  2.5 KB
    Sorry I didnt get back to you right away...Here it is..

I love that candle with the logo Michael used for Neverland. Is it OK to use it, since he felt Neverland was contaminated after the witch hunt by the cops?
    Never thought about that...but I don't see that it would be wrong, exactly. Anyone?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Sorry I didnt get back to you right away...Here it is..
    Shamone! You absolutely rock. The Way You Make Me Feel is very happy!

heartbreakdj00 Guest
    Shamone! You absolutely rock. The Way You Make Me Feel is very happy!
    LMAO.
    Maelini-Making one MJ fan happy at a time. Because Im Bad,Im bad...SHAMONE!

heartbreakdj00 Guest
    Sooo..If anyone knows how to make the moving gifs(Or can find this for me) I REALLY want this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFcFsVJ0nsM
    The part from 14-18 seconds..when they stand up. I would be eternally in your debt. heh

jarrett622 Guest
    It's not the exact logo. But it was important to him at one time. It meant peace and freedom and love I think. So when I found it I thought it might be appropriate to what he was searching for in life but sadly never seemed to find for very long.

heartbreakdj00 Guest
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy5BQ8SmWjc
    This made me laugh sooo hard. Its the making of thriller. Skip to 4:13. Michael says "BAM" right when he lands. so cute!

I am toe tapping to this one tonight...I really like this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYPqZlhpbQo&NR=1

heartbreakdj00 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tamiele View Post
    I am toe tapping to this one tonight...I really like this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYPqZlhpbQo&NR=1
    I LOOOOVE this song.
    Heres all the Jackson boys doing it together in 2001.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S32yNRzBf3I
    Their presence was something else...seriously..Just them being together again..It gives me goosebumps.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrett622 View Post
    It's not the exact logo. But it was important to him at one time. It meant peace and freedom and love I think. So when I found it I thought it might be appropriate to what he was searching for in life but sadly never seemed to find for very long.
    Exactly.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I LOOOOVE this song.
    Their presence was something else...seriously..Just them being together again..It gives me goosebumps.
    Dayum!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I LOOOOVE this song.

Wow, that was awesome. I like the video version too, but it is hard to hear the song. Katherine is so proud sitting in the front there.

Sooo..If anyone knows how to make the moving gifs(Or can find this for me) I REALLY want this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFcFsVJ0nsM
    The part from 14-18 seconds..when they stand up. I would be eternally in your debt. heh
    And I'd be forever obliged to whomever could make me one of 1:40 to 1:50 of this one. Michael in the rain in Making of Stranger in Moscow.

ETA: forgot the link! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMcYrrudAT0
    Last edited by Serendipitous; 07-26-2009 at 09:03 PM.

heartbreakdj00 Guest
    Dayum!
    I know! This just gives me goosebumps. Randy has a good voice!

Wow, that was awesome. I like the video version too, but it is hard to hear the song. Katherine is so proud sitting in the front there.
    Seeing her really happy at that moment makes me really sad..cause Its a realization that we will never see that happen again..

27. 07-26-2009, 09:02 PM
    Reason
    Edited other post

And for some cuteness....grainy video though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPqOf...eature=related

heartbreakdj00 Guest
    And for some cuteness....grainy video though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPqOf...eature=related
    Very cute!!
    oh serendipitous..its time for the MJ talk on the group! come join us

I don't think we will ever run out of good stuff on Youtube...thank goodness for that.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrett622 View Post
    I see what you mean, and that's a beautiful thought. Honestly, I wasn't bashing you or your idea. Peace, freedom and love is just what Michael needs now that he's crossed over, so to speak.

desertangel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayzo View Post
    Huh, that's interesting. Kind of sad here:

"But despite Jacksonâ??s awe of his predecessor, he never learned the two rules that Astaire, as soon as he gained power over the filming, insisted on: (1) donâ??t interrupt the dance with reaction shots or any other extraneous shots, and (2) favor a full-body shot over a closeup. To Astaire, the dance was primaryâ??his main storyâ??and he had it filmed accordingly. In Jacksonâ??s videos, the dance is tertiary, even quaternary (after the song and the story and the filming). The camera repeatedly cuts away, and, when it comes back, it often limits itself to the upper body. Jackson didnâ??t value his dancing enough."
    This person writes like an uninformed amateur. First of all.. technically, James Brown "moon walked" before anyone. And to compare Astair to MJ is sheer lunacy! Astair was right, MJs dancing WAS angry and I'm sure he was okay with that description... watch his facial expressions. Astair's dancing was classical; jazz, tap, ballroom. Lines are what's important, so it looks more elegant and graceful. That said, when MJ performs a song, there are parts of his dance routine that are more technical than others, for emphasis. That's when the camera is full on him. When the parts are less technical, the camera cuts away or does a close up. MJs numbers cannot be 100% technical full on the whole way through or they'd have to carry him out in a wheelbarrow after every show. It was bad enough as it was. MJ valued his dancing plenty and that's exactly why he was so freaked out about doing 50 shows. If he hadn't have valued his dancing so much, he probably could have done 50 shows... by simply singing his songs and doing a few twirls, or something, here and there... like Stevie Nicks does... but then people bitch about that too.

Rant over... gaawwwddd!

jarrett622 Guest
    I see what you mean, and that's a beautiful thought. Honestly, I wasn't bashing you or your idea. Peace, freedom and love is just what Michael needs now that he's crossed over, so to speak.
    Oh no! I didn't think you were bashing me! I was just trying to explain what it made me feel when I saw it. Why I thought it was appropriate.

Michael's death, although tragic and I would want him back here in a heartbeat, was UNTIMELY in a very TIMELY sort of way. He went out before anybody could judge how he would do in those concerts. He went out when the heavy controversy surrounding him had died down. He went out when Thriller 25th had put him in a positive light infront of the world again. I think this was the perfect time as the reaction to his death has absolutely catapulted him to absolute mega, legendary, superstardom that will be unsurpassed by anybody, ever. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying I am happy he died, no, not at all. I am speaking purely from an observation of this time frame in which he did pass. The public, media for the most part, are hardly talking about the molestation charges but focusing on the tragic side of his life and also his contribution musically. He is as high as he has ever been. I am excited at the idea that the concert rehearsal footage might be turned into a major motion picture and I can see it in the theatres....I absolutely cannot wait. I predict that will generate mega dollars.

desertangel Guest
    I totally agree. Something wasn't right about the timing for a "comeback." I think he had retired years ago. It's too bad he couldn't have just lived out his life peacefully, like he seemed to always want to. Sometimes it has to be that way for some people to get any peace. It's sad for those left behind.

I don't want to watch that at the theater. I know I'll be bawling my eyes out the whole way through... snot running down my face and ever-thang. I'd rather do that in the privacy of my own home. I just know they'll offer it on DVD too.

heartbreakdj00 Guest
    Im sure you wouldnt be the only one bawling in theatres..but yes..I know what you mean.

heartbreakdj00 Guest

Jackson's Doctor -- Strange Signs

Posted Jul 27th 2009 2:00AM by TMZ Staff
    Law enforcement sources tell us one of the theories they're exploring in Michael Jackson's death is that Dr. Conrad Murray administered Propofol to the singer and then left the room, eventually to return to a dead body.

Our sources say when paramedics arrived Michael Jackson was found with an IV in his arm, an IV stand nearby along with an empty IV bag and oxygen tank.

We're told paramedics who arrived on scene say Dr. Murray's conduct was "strange" -- he was "hard to deal with" and was "getting in the way" of emergency responders.

As we already reported, paramedics wanted to pronounce Jackson dead at the house but Dr. Murray insisted they transport the singer to the hospital.

We're told at the UCLA Medical Center -- after doctors gave up on resuscitation efforts because Jackson was clearly dead -- Dr. Murray continued CPR, which some of the UCLA docs found curious.

imadeathhag Guest
    Awww they are too cute!

heartbreakdj00 Guest
    Like I said before..the dude was just trying to cover his ass.

fake open coffin shot

I don't know if this has been posted before. My apologies if it has.

According to some crappy website TMZ published this pic on their website. The supposed MJ open coffin shot. I don't remember TMZ doing this though. I think it was made up. Can anyone confirm if TMZ really did try to pass this fake off as the real thing?

photo-shopped much?
    [SIGPIC]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

The fake open coffin shot came from one of these pics.

[SIGPIC]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

heartbreakdj00 Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe_Zeppelin View Post
    I don't know if this has been posted before. My apologies if it has.

According to some crappy website TMZ published this pic on their website. The supposed MJ open coffin shot. I don't remember TMZ doing this though. I think it was made up. Can anyone confirm if TMZ really did try to pass this fake off as the real thing?

photo-shopped much?
    Haha no tmz never did that.totally photoshopped..plus wouldnt the blue in the coffin be darker?

heartbreakdj00 Guest
    Good catch!

Haha no tmz never did that.totally photoshopped..plus wouldnt the blue in the coffin be darker?

LOL!c That's exactly what I thought to. I'm going to search for a link to that crap site that claims TMZ posted that pic.

EDIT: I just found it. UGH! Even the site looks fake.

http://www.rockandrollbadboy.com/
    Last edited by Zoe_Zeppelin; 07-27-2009 at 01:19 AM. Reason: add link for craptastic lame-ass website.

heartbreakdj00 Guest
    I think thats a record for debunking a pic!!! You go girl!

Hahaha! Thanks!

Here are a few recent rag-mag covers and articles.

What a bunch of bullsh!t...Those tabloid writers are soul-less bastards. How do they sleep at night? =(

heartbreakdj00 Guest
    Hahaha! Thanks!
    Ahh no problem

What pieces of crap.i wonder if there IS a death vid..

Here are a few recent rag-mag covers and articles.

What a bunch of bullsh!t...Those tabloid writers are soul-less bastards. How do they sleep at night? =(

This one is freaky. It's the January 2009 issue of National Enquirer that predicted MJ's death 6 months later.

Here's a link to a larger copy of the pic.
    http://www.soifound.com/wp-content/u...ckson-dead.jpg