Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ... 545525354555663 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,700 of 3442

Thread: Michael Jackson 2

Quote Originally Posted by KCBee View Post
    While I wouldn't want to be the bearer of that name, I think it is rather clever.
    Well clever isn't the word that comes to mind for me, but it is definitely a showstopper. Can't imagine having explaining my name to everyone I ever meet. So glad my parents settled on plain old Tamie. They just goofed on the spelling, but I can live with that.

While I wouldn't want to be the bearer of that name, I think it is rather clever.
    I used to wonder how the nickname "Blanket" came to be for a child who's name is Prince Michael Jackson II and thought the story of Michael referencing this was VERY SWEET....

"Blanket" is the nickname for singer Michael Jackson's second son, Prince Michael Jackson II. It was explained in the following manner, by the King of Pop himself, in his own words. "It's an expression I use with my family and my employees. I say, 'You should blanket me or you should blanket her', meaning like a blanket is a blessing. It's a way of showing love and caring."

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_did_Mi...#ixzz1bZPhKNOH
    Last edited by Cynful; 10-22-2011 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cynful View Post
    ita- imo, the fame whore award goes to jermaine.
    ITA! SMH... just shameful doesn't begin to cover it.
    Last edited by Aviatrix; 10-22-2011 at 08:07 PM.
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviatrix View Post
    ITA! SMH... just shameful doesn't begin to cover it.
    ITA!!! He's such a POS...why is his mother raising his kids???? WTF???? Maybe his kids can't stand him either, especially the one named "Jermajesty".

Mammy Guest
    I think that only someone with a giant ego and an over-inflated sense of importance would name their child such a name. Jafar isn't a whole lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I think that only someone with a giant ego and an over-inflated sense of importance would name their child such a name. Jafar isn't a whole lot better.
    Jermaine is laughable....what a stupid fool. If anyone named me "Jermajesty", they would have a FAD page all their own. Can you imagine how Katherine felt about that idiotic name???? She was probably like, "WTF"???????
    Last edited by Cynful; 10-22-2011 at 09:27 PM.

Mammy Guest
    Katherine was probably shocked when his name was mentioned. LMAO, about someone naming you Jermajesty having their own FAD entry! I feel sorry for Katherine. I can understand her stepping up to take care of Michael's children because he is deceased and their biological mom is a piece of shit, but there is no reason for her to be raising Jermaine's kids, too. They have two alive parents. Katherine is getting up there in years and I'm sure she never imagined that she would still be raising kids into her eighties with no end in sight. She must be quite an amazing lady.

Katherine was probably shocked when his name was mentioned. LMAO, about someone naming you Jermajesty having their own FAD entry! I feel sorry for Katherine. I can understand her stepping up to take care of Michael's children because he is deceased and their biological mom is a piece of shit, but there is no reason for her to be raising Jermaine's kids, too. They have two alive parents. Katherine is getting up there in years and I'm sure she never imagined that she would still be raising kids into her eighties with no end in sight. She must be quite an amazing lady.
    She really is a very amazing woman- everyone who spends time around her says they wish she was their grandmother. She and Michael had a very, very strong mother/son bond and he obviously loved her with all his heart to entrust her with the care of his children if anything happened to him. Sadly, that came to pass.

Mammy Guest
    How did a nice person like her wind up with such a shitbag as Joe? There isn't one good thing that can be said about that greedy bastard.

How did a nice person like her wind up with such a shitbag as Joe? There isn't one good thing that can be said about that greedy bastard.
    Joe Jackson is a pimp and I don't know how someone as sweet as her ended up with him either, but one thing for sure, Katherine LOVES her family. She and Joe don't live together anymore, but they are not divorced- it would probably put her through much more than it would be worth at this point in time.

Not Fade Away Guest
    Katherine Jackson seems sweet enough, but I can't say I respect someone who allows her husband to abuse and pimp their own kids. Makes no sense to me. I might not be a parent, but I know I'd never stand for that shit. Not only does it hurt your children physically, but it changes their respect for you as well, and skews their perception of women and relationships. Not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Fade Away View Post
    Katherine Jackson seems sweet enough, but I can't say I respect someone who allows her husband to abuse and pimp their own kids. Makes no sense to me. I might not be a parent, but I know I'd never stand for that shit. Not only does it hurt your children physically, but it changes their respect for you as well, and skews their perception of women and relationships. Not cool.
    I understand exactly what you're saying Fade and I agree that there are definite consequences. IDK, times and things were different 40- 50 years ago- they had NINE kids and one income in a very small town. Hard for me to imagine what it was like...IDK.

I know just ridiculous for sure. Actually she was trying to boot out the bio-mom about a year ago - so the bio-mom (who is divorced from Jermaine AND Randy if I recall correctly) is freeloading along with her spawn.

Katherine is a beautiful woman but also has a bum leg and so she limps, has her whole life, I think. I wonder if that handicap didn't limit her choices of men. That sounds crude but it is a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    Joe Jackson is a pimp and I don't know how someone as sweet as her ended up with him either, but one thing for sure, Katherine LOVES her family. She and Joe don't live together anymore, but they are not divorced- it would probably put her through much more than it would be worth at this point in time.
    In the Oprah interview she said they do live together. Oprah was amazed and was saying how she didn't expect Joe to even be there. She also wasn't too pleased with hugging him. It was discussed that people believe they aren't together anymore but they both corrected Oprah and said they were. I really don't know sometimes. I don't think Katherine does much about Joe - she seems like the kind of woman who picks her battles. Like now with Mr. Conrad Murray.

I understand exactly what you're saying Fade and I agree that there are definite consequences. IDK, times and things were different 40- 50 years ago- they had NINE kids and one income in a very small town. Hard for me to imagine what it was like...IDK.
    On one hand I am glad we had the Jackson's as entertainers. They hold a big place in music history. On the other hand, it sounds like Joe wasn't much of a father and was interested in their fame mostly for his own gain. We know how he scarred Michael for life. I also don't see them as a "tight" family. Even though they rally together to support one another during tough times - it sounds like they can go for months, years even, not seeing one another. Each lives in his/her own mansions with their own lives and fame, almost, it seems, competing with one another. Anyhow, just my take on it. I am sure if we grew up being famous, our lives would be unusual too.

Quote Originally Posted by tamiele View Post
    In the Oprah interview she said they do live together. Oprah was amazed and was saying how she didn't expect Joe to even be there. She also wasn't too pleased with hugging him. It was discussed that people believe they aren't together anymore but they both corrected Oprah and said they were. I really don't know sometimes. I don't think Katherine does much about Joe - she seems like the kind of woman who picks her battles. Like now with Mr. Conrad Murray.
    I saw the Oprah interview too and remember her saying they were not divorced, but don't remember her saying they lived together. I wouldn't think she would allow him around Michael's kids on a regular basis. Last I heard, Joe was living in Las Vegas.

I saw the Oprah interview too and remember her saying they were not divorced, but don't remember her saying they lived together. I wouldn't think she would allow him around Michael's kids on a regular basis. Last I heard, Joe was living in Las Vegas.
    Oops, sorry. I didn't hear that part I guess. Yes, MJ was clear ( and even Debbie got into that discussion after MJ's death) that Joe wasn't to be around the kids.

Not Fade Away Guest
    Katherine's bum leg was from a bout with polio as a young woman. She certainly wasn't alone in that, to say the least. I honestly doubt it had any bearing on her catching a husband, but I could see where her husband used that against her, as abusers often do.

Oops, sorry. I didn't hear that part I guess. Yes, MJ was clear ( and even Debbie got into that discussion after MJ's death) that Joe wasn't to be around the kids.
    That has to really stick in Joe's craw, especially since Blanket looks and dances EXACTLY like MJ did at his age. As someone mentioned previously, I'm SURE Joe would love to turn him into the next MJ. Good thing he has to stay away from the kids. Thank God.

Mammy Guest
    Debbie has a lot of balls sticking her nose into anything related to the children considering she basically SOLD them.

Debbie has a lot of balls sticking her nose into anything related to the children considering she basically SOLD them.
    I think she views it more like a lease and goes in for another payment every so many years. I think if she wanted to be a parent at all she would have attempted to make some kind of connection with them after MJ died. Now the kids are Katherine's and I suspect when she passes, Janet or Rebbie will step in. I wonder if Grace is still in the picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Not Fade Away View Post
    Katherine's bum leg was from a bout with polio as a young woman. She certainly wasn't alone in that, to say the least. I honestly doubt it had any bearing on her catching a husband, but I could see where her husband used that against her, as abusers often do.
    Yes I hope it didn't sound like I was being disrespectful towards Katherine. She is the polar opposite of Joe and I am grateful the kids have had her to go to for comfort. I guess I meant I see her as quiet and reserved and wasn't sure if that stemmed from the handicap or not.

I think she views it more like a lease and goes in for another payment every so many years. I think if she wanted to be a parent at all she would have attempted to make some kind of connection with them after MJ died. Now the kids are Katherine's and I suspect when she passes, Janet or Rebbie will step in. I wonder if Grace is still in the picture?
    I hope Katherine lives until at least one of the children reaches 18. IIRC, MJ's will left custody of the children to his mother, and, in the event she was not able to care for them -- Diana Ross.

Mammy Guest
    Are there no younger family members that Michael would have trusted to raise his children if something happened to his mom? Janet seems pretty stable and level headed, but I can definitely see why Latoya would be a no go!

Wow...what better evidence do you need that Michael was either delusional or low on trusted friends? He left his children to his mother and Diana Ross?

Wow...what better evidence do you need that Michael was either delusional or low on trusted friends? He left his children to his mother and Diana Ross?
    Thank God for Katherine!!! Michael most have been the only person on earth who Diana Ross treated with love and respect. She's such a bitchy diva.

Mammy Guest
    Ain't that the truth?! Diana even looks like a hateful old bitch!

Ain't that the truth?! Diana even looks like a hateful old bitch!
    And I am still wondering why she was a no-show at either of MJ's memorial or funeral?? If Liz could get herself up and about for it - given her health problems and obvious hardship this sort of death would have had on her frail body - what was up with Di???

Oprah had Diana on this past year but not one word on MJ - she was likely told not to bring it up or of course that would be an obvious line of questioning.

BTW the reason court started so late I think Thurs or Fri was because the witnesses, a doctor, 's dad or mom, just passed away so thats why court started like I think something like 12:45pm CA time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by pyt View Post
    BTW the reason court started so late I think Thurs or Fri was because the witnesses, a doctor, 's dad or mom, just passed away so thats why court started like I think something like 12:45pm CA time
    I am eager for court to resume this week to hear what kind of BS the defense will try to spin for the quack, especially since all four of those COMPETENT doctors have nauled Murray's ass to the wall. He is a total POS.

jhonnyboucher Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayzo View Post
    Heh, I've been in the habit of just keeping the thread open on my laptop at all times, and just refreshing when I come back to it. I had wanted to reply to something really nice that someone said to me, and then I realized the quote button wasn't there. And at the bottom, there was no reply option. I almost started to panic. Until I went to the main page and saw this thread.

Yeah, already a month. Still not a heck of a lot of closure though. Still quite surreal, actually. Times like these, I am quite happy to have youtube.

Michel was very popular and im the number one fan for him..I LIKE THE WAY HE MOON WALK..

Giada Guest
    Excellent cross of Dr Shafer by Ed Chernoff ...

Shafer's ties to Astra Zeneca shows his strong bias in favor of propofol. As Chernoff deftly pointed out, Shafer has testified in only one other case, and in that case he displayed, a personal loathing for the doctor, the same loathing displayed for Murray.

As to Katherine, her familial behavior has been as destructive as Joe Jackson's, for the following reasons.

Katherine chose to remain with a man who physically abused her children. She chose to practice a destructive religion and force those beliefs upon her children. She lived then and lives now in denial to her own destructive behavior as well as those of her children.

Kudo's to Debbie Rose for insisting the children receive therapy after MJ died. All three witnessed, "daddy's ongoing drugged state," and lived isolated and confused by his odd behavior.

Giada Guest
    He was a known drug addict, possible sociopath, who had turned the an entire community against him. The top names in the business refused to work with him ... Steven Spielberg, David Geffen, Michael Eisner, as well as Disney, Universal and HBO.

Read the lyrics to, "They Don't Care About Us," and you'll find this delusional King of Addicts had insulted and denigrated the entire Jewish community.

Giada Guest
    That has to really stick in Joe's craw, especially since Blanket looks and dances EXACTLY like MJ did at his age. As someone mentioned previously, I'm SURE Joe would love to turn him into the next MJ. Good thing he has to stay away from the kids. Thank God.
    MJ worshipped Marlon Brando. Unfortunate MJ hated his, "blackness," and had a strong fixation for white friends. Blanket looks exactly like his biological dad, Miko Brando.

Michael Jackson's Son Blanket Has His Dad's Moves...

http://www.people.com/people/article...536231,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by rjbrasher View Post
    here is a video on you tube where they kinda morph a few pics of mj and blanket i dont need to see a morphing program to spot what matches up but its like wow how cool is that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOH42...eature=related
    I know what Michael's friend Miko Brando looks like and it's NOT like this.
    Last edited by Cynful; 10-25-2011 at 07:22 PM.

I know what Michael's friend Tuki Brando looks like and it's NOT like this.
    Amen! Blanket looks just like his daddy - MJ.
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post
    Read the lyrics to, "They Don't Care About Us," and you'll find this delusional King of Addicts had insulted and denigrated the entire Jewish community.
    I suppose the interpretation of the lyrics is subjective, however MJ's INTENT with this song was not- he is the last person on earth I would ever consider to be a hater, racist or anti-Semite. As a side note, my husband is Jewish and he never considered the lyrics derogatory.

"They Don't Care About Us"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/They_Don't_Care_About_Us

"They Don't Care About Us" is the fourth single from Michael Jackson's album HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I, released on April 1, 1996. The song remains one of the most controversial pieces Jackson ever composed. In the US, media scrutiny surrounding alleged antisemitic lyrics were the catalyst for Jackson issuing multiple apologies and re-recording the song with altered lyrics. The singer countered allegations of antisemitism, arguing that reviews had misinterpreted the context of the song, either unintentionally or deliberately. Musically, it is an aggressive hip-hop production about social ills.

The New York Times claimed the song contained racist and antisemitic content on June 15, 1995, just days before the album's release. The publication highlighted the lyrics, "Jew me, sue me, everybody do me/ Kick me, kike me, don't you black or white me" and labeled them "slurs". Jackson responded directly to the publication, stating:
    The idea that these lyrics could be deemed objectionable is extremely hurtful to me, and misleading. The song in fact is about the pain of prejudice and hate and is a way to draw attention to social and political problems. I am the voice of the accused and the attacked. I am the voice of everyone. I am the skinhead, I am the Jew, I am the black man, I am the white man. I am not the one who was attacking. It is about the injustices to young people and how the system can wrongfully accuse them. I am angry and outraged that I could be so misinterpreted.
    When questioned further about the lyrics on the ABC News program Prime Time Live, Jackson stated, "It's not anti-Semitic because I'm not a racist person ... I could never be a racist. I love all races."The singer also noted that some of his closest employees and friends were Jewish. That same day, Jackson received support from his manager and record label, who described the lyrics as "brilliant", that they were about opposition to prejudice and taken out of context.The following day, two leading members of the Jewish community stated that Jackson's attempt to make a song critical of discrimination had backfired. They expressed the opinion that the lyrics used were unsuitable for a teenage audience that might not understand the song's context, adding that the song was too ambiguous for some listeners to understand. They accepted that Jackson meant well and suggested that the entertainer write an explanation in the album booklet.

Michael Jackson - They Don't Care About Us (Official Prison Version)...Original Lyrics...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97nAvTVeR6o

Michael Jackson - They Don't Really Care About Us Lyrics (Altered Version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50YMa4XN_-0
    Last edited by Cynful; 10-24-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post

Shafer's ties to Astra Zeneca shows his strong bias in favor of propofol. As Chernoff deftly pointed out, Shafer has testified in only one other case, and in that case he displayed, a personal loathing for the doctor, the same loathing displayed for Murray.

Regardless of whether a doctor does or does not have anything to do with AstraZeneca, past or present, it does not change the fact that propofol has been WIDELY and SAFELY administered in surgical and other procedures since 1991. My own pain management doctor, a highly regarded anesthesiologist, expressed GREAT disdain for Conrad Murray when I asked his opinion of what happened in MJ's case. It was not a PERSONAL opinion of Murray, but it certainly was a PROFESSIONAL one. Any REPUTABLE and COMPETENT physician would hold the same opinion as Dr. Shafer and the other three doctors that testified for the prosecution. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with a personal dislike- it has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that Conrad Murray was lax and incompetent in his duty to practice proper medical protocol and patient ethics, not to mention violating the Hippocratic oath which says, "First do no harm.".
    Last edited by Cynful; 10-24-2011 at 03:18 PM.

so I just heard Dr. Murray may only get house arrest!?!!? They are considering that.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

so I just heard Dr. Murray may only get house arrest!?!!? They are considering that.....
    It's definitely a possibility due to the overcrowding of California prisons. Felony involuntary manslaughter is a non-violent crime, therefore convicts would serve time in county jail, not state prison. WHEN he is convicted, he would more than likely serve some
    time in jail before being transferred to a house arrest scenario and will end up serving only two years. VERY DISAPPOINTING.

Overcrowding? So why not fly him out to WA, OR, AL, GA.... there are other prisons available to hold Dr. Murray for 2 years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Overcrowding? So why not fly him out to WA, OR, AL, GA.... there are other prisons available to hold Dr. Murray for 2 years.
    I'm not sure pyt. It may be due to the fact that these are not federal charges where the penal system uses federal penitentiaries throughout the country. They are possibly limited only to California institutions in this particular case because they are state charges.

Giada Guest
    LA Times

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...o-testify.html

Snipped ...

Faye told police that in the last week of Jackson's life, he was weak, paranoid and under the influence of what seemed to be drugs, according to a defense filing. She told others she feared he would die.Among those she confided in was Randy Phillips, the chief executive of AEG Live, the concert promoter bankrolling Jackson's planned London concerts. In court papers filed Monday, defense lawyers indicated they planned to question Phillips about the terms of the contract between AEG and Jackson.

If the singer continued to miss rehearsals, he would be in danger of violating the contract and "the consequences of said failure would have been dire," defense lawyer Nareg Gourjian wrote.

The terms required Jackson to put on a "first-class performance" at each of 50 shows and "to maintain a positive public perception," Gourjian wrote. AEG was footing the bill for the lifestyle Jackson and his children enjoyed as well as concert preparations, money that the singer would have to pay back if the shows did not happen

Giada Guest
    Jackson demanded drugs

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...leep-drug.html

Snipped ...

Lee was the second medical professional called to the stand by the defense to recount requests by Jackson for unorthodox sleep drugs. His longtime internist, Allan Metzger, testified Monday that during the same period, the singer asked for intravenous anesthetic to help his insomnia. Metzger said he refused to provide such a drug.
    Lee said that she had never heard of Diprivan, but after looking it up in a drug reference book and speaking to a physician, she warned Jackson not to use it.
    He brushed off her advice, she said. "He told me that doctors had told him that it was safe and he would not have a problem" as long as he was properly monitored, Lee said. She said she responded, "Well no doctor is going to do this at your house."

Thanks for all the updates Giada...very interesting and most appreciated.

remember Paris said something to the effect that her dad, was crying a lot & seemed to be somewhat depressed - during the last.... I want to say, months. I read that somewhere here I believe & MJ was taking anxiety meds & he even said to LaToya at least once that he felt at point, that someone was "out to get" him...; I'm glad these kids are preoccupied during this time & not home.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rjbrasher Guest
    Blankey does not look like miko brando, that beedy eyed fuck. I love how so many people are absest on the whole parenting thing. Who CARES! michael took care of the kids he is their father regardless.

My daughter is from a different father, and he is out of the picture, but my husband steped up and takes care of her. So as much as im concern he is her father ya know! Just because they aren't blood related doesnt mean shit. All these people that adopt they are those kids parents, if you give any time a day to a child your their parent, especially when you love them and do anything for them!

Quote Originally Posted by rjbrasher View Post
    Blankey does not look like miko brando, that beedy eyed fuck. I love how so many people are absest on the whole parenting thing. Who CARES! michael took care of the kids he is their father regardless.

My daughter is from a different father, and he is out of the picture, but my husband steped up and takes care of her. So as much as im concern he is her father ya know! Just because they aren't blood related doesnt mean shit. All these people that adopt they are those kids parents, if you give any time a day to a child your their parent, especially when you love them and do anything for them!
    Your family is totally awesome RJ. I don't know why I was thinking of Tuki Brando- he's Marlon's grandson and the son of his deceased daughter Cheyenne. Regardless, Blanket's father is MJ- you would have to be Ray Charles not to see the obvious resemblance.

remember Paris said something to the effect that her dad, was crying a lot & seemed to be somewhat depressed - during the last.... I want to say, months. I read that somewhere here I believe & MJ was taking anxiety meds & he even said to LaToya at least once that he felt at point, that someone was "out to get" him...; I'm glad these kids are preoccupied during this time & not home.
    I wouldn't be surprised at that. He seemed to lose his nerve in the last 10 years or so. If I recall, the World Music Awards, it was delayed some 20 minutes before he could muster the courage to come out and accept the award. I think these 50 concerts were likely exhilarating and terrifying all at the same time for MJ. As for someone out to get him - I think taking the meds he was for as long as he was, he was developing paranoia. Add to that the number of bottom-feeders who tried to take advantage of him over the years. No wonder. At one time he loved the stage and loved to feel the public adoration. Afterwards it became a double-edged sword - they love him one day and take a bite out of him the next. The world killed that man, one bite at a time, over years of torture. jmo.

Giada Guest
    Witnesses for the defense this morning included five of Dr Murray's patients, all spoke favorably of his good medical care, as well as, not being charged for the deductible portion of their Medicare.

The shining light was an elderly woman by the name of Ruby Mosely, who with other's ran a community support group for healthcare in the small Texas community where Dr Murray practiced.

Walgren would have been wise to simply shut-up rather than attempt to compromise and belittle the testimony of these elder citizens.

Court dismissed for today ... Awaiting the final two witnesses for the defense, Dr Paul White, propofol expert and an addiction specialist from Daniel Freeman Hospital.

Giada Guest
    Extraordinary testimony the past two days, first from Dr Robert Waldman, MD, addiction specialist, second from Dr Paul White, expert on propofol, author of 15 books, and over 400 peer reviewed articles.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...geles#comments

Snipped ...
    The researcher said the evidence recovered in Jackson's bedroom was more consistent with the singer receiving the powerful anesthetic through an injection. He said he believes Jackson somehow gave himself a 25-milligram dose of the drug between 11:30 a.m. and noon on June 25, 2009, when Murray found the singer unresponsive.