Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Celebrities who died while working or at the peak of their fame

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Carole Lombard who died in a plane crash in 1942. She had been selling war bonds and was scheduled to go home by train with her mother but wanted to go by plane as it was quicker as she was worried about Clark's wandering eye. Her mother didn't want to fly so they tossed a coin and Carole won...or lost depending on how you look at it. The passengers also contained Clark's press agent Otto Winkler as well as others including 15 soldiers. They were killed instantly when the plane smashed into Potosi Mountain.

Another couple of deaths by air crashes were the singer Jenni Rivera and the Brazillian group Mamosas Assissinas who were both doing well when they died.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Thanks london ! That was something I did not know. I do remember reading about Brenda and how Bixby blamed her for their son's death. The sweet dad from The Courtship Of Eddie's Father was said to be a complete asshole in real life.
    Very true, and sad.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Donny Hatheway
    Bruce Lee
    Dominique Dunn
    Paul Williams

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Carole Lombard who died in a plane crash in 1942. She had been selling war bonds and was scheduled to go home by train with her mother but wanted to go by plane as it was quicker as she was worried about Clark's wandering eye. Her mother didn't want to fly so they tossed a coin and Carole won...or lost depending on how you look at it. The passengers also contained Clark's press agent Otto Winkler as well as others including 15 soldiers. They were killed instantly when the plane smashed into Potosi Mountain.

Another couple of deaths by air crashes were the singer Jenni Rivera and the Brazillian group Mamosas Assissinas who were both doing well when they died.
    And let's not forget all but the lead singer of the Bar Kays and Otis Redding, who all died in a plane crash just as their fame got started. I believe it was 1959.

I think you are right Sinister about the date.

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterMinister504 View Post
    And let's not forget all but the lead singer of the Bar Kays and Otis Redding, who all died in a plane crash just as their fame got started. I believe it was 1959.
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I think you are right Sinister about the date.
    !959 was the year Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and The Big Bopper died. It was 1967 for Otis Redding and several members of The Bar Kays when their plane crashed.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Yes Mansfield I remember about "The Day the Music Died" aka the plane crash and deaths of Holly, Valens, and Richardson aka Big Bopper, I also thought that was the year Otis died, but you are correct after researching it myself, thank you for the correct date.