Thread: Celebrities who died while working or at the peak of their fame

onehunglow Guest

Celebrities who died while working or at the peak of their fame

Vic Morrow
    Redd FoXX
    Brandon Lee

See I left a bunch.

Snoopy Guest
    John Ritter...well he was stricken while working..does that count? "shrugs shoulders"

Harry in Connecticut Guest
    Dick Shawn

Carolann Guest
    Tyrone Power

DeadRinger Guest
    Karl Wallenda
    Jackie Wilson
    Jon-Erik Hexum

I'm going to go ahead and say Carmen Miranda. She was on live television on The Jimmy Durante Show when her heart attack started. If you watch "Bananas Is My Business", check out the last recorded image of Carmen a few hours before she died and tell me if that isn't eerie. It sure is to me.

seamuskaxen Guest
    Tommy Cooper, at least according to my dad who´s a big fan.

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    Steve Irwin.

The Shadow Guest
    Nelson Eddy Eric Fleming
    Sergei Grinkov
    Leslie Harvey

onehunglow Guest

Question JFK

How could I forget???

Crowmantaz1 Guest
    John Candy...I think they were still filming "Wagons East" when they found him in his hotel room. If i am wrong, dont sue lol

onehunglow Guest
    Karl Wallenda! That's right, he put the flying in flying. He was always known as a drop in.

Vangoghsear Guest
    John McSherry. Not very famous, but he was the umpire that had a heart attack and died on the season's opening day of the Cincinnati Reds for the 1996 season. I don't even think they got a pitch off before he stood up, tried to make it to a dugout and fell face down on the ground. We all knew he was gone before he hit, didn't even make an effort to catch himself as he went down.

candleinthewind Guest
    Jon-Erik Hexum

Suzanne30 Guest
    Roy Kinnear- While filming The Three Musketeers in Madrid, fell off of his horse, breaking his pelvis, then bled to death.

Jaxxx Guest
    Carmen Miranda, Curly from 3 Stooges

ozgirl Guest
    Divine

onehunglow Guest

Was that a ground out?

Quote Originally Posted by Vangoghsear View Post
    John McSherry. Not very famous, but he was the umpire that had a heart attack and died on the season's opening day of the Cincinnati Reds for the 1996 season. I don't even think they got a pitch off before he stood up, tried to make it to a dugout and fell face down on the ground. We all knew he was gone before he hit, didn't even make an effort to catch himself as he went down.
    Ground out at home.

deathybrad Guest
    Is there any video of that?

Mavros Guest
    (I find myself guiltily amused at this.)

Edith Webster (died 22 November 1986)
    After singing several choruses of "Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone" during a performance of The Drunkard, this 60-year-old actress collapsed on stage for her scripted death scene and suffered an unscripted fatal heart attack. She was pronounced dead at the hospital.
    Last edited by Mavros; 10-15-2007 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flmlvr View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and say Carmen Miranda. She was on live television on The Jimmy Durante Show when her heart attack started. If you watch "Bananas Is My Business", check out the last recorded image of Carmen a few hours before she died and tell me if that isn't eerie. It sure is to me.
    Oh, yeah -- that was creepy. She was dancing -- or trying to -- and was beginning to stumble. She was SO beautiful -- it's a shame she was always done up in those ridiculous costumes.

SlippyInvader Guest
    Sid James died aged 62 on stage.

dick shawn

during his act, the crowd thought it was part of the routine...

monhol Guest
    these people are not actors are actresses but one of the righteous brothers died in his motel while on tour. but he overdosed on drugs. a man in his 60's STILL doing drugs. i thought it was sad. bernard edwards from the group chic also died in a motel room while on tour. nile rodgers found him. nile said he was "freaked out" i believe he was not making a pun. tammi terrell collapse on stage. i do not know if she died on stage or at the hospital. her death was one of the reasons why marvin gaye was so messed up.

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by monhol View Post
    these people are not actors are actresses but one of the righteous brothers died in his motel while on tour. but he overdosed on drugs. a man in his 60's STILL doing drugs. i thought it was sad. bernard edwards from the group chic also died in a motel room while on tour. nile rodgers found him. nile said he was "freaked out" i believe he was not making a pun. tammi terrell collapse on stage. i do not know if she died on stage or at the hospital. her death was one of the reasons why marvin gaye was so messed up.
    John Entwhistle died at the Hard Rock in Vegas when the Who was to kick off
    a major tour....I wonder what room it was...

I think Stone the Crows lead singer was electrocuted on stage and died right in front of his mike.

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzzx View Post
    I think Stone the Crows lead singer was electrocuted on stage and died right in front of his mike.
    Les Harvey. 1972 is when he was buzzed

SlippyInvader Guest
    There was also Eric Morcambe who collapsed on stage with a heart attack at the Roses Theatre in Tewkesbury, just 5 miles up the road from where I live. He was rushed to hospital but died the next day.

Amberlights Guest
    Wrestler Owen Hart......fell from the rafters of the arena trying to do his entrance for his match.

JGrier Guest
    Kevin Smith. Not the "Clerks" guy, he played Aries on Hercules & Xena. Fell from a balcony and died filming a movie.

Ruffian Guest
    I didn't realize that Granny from Beverly Hillbillies and Tiny Tim both died while performing.

Snopes has a good list.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/freakish/onstage.asp

Dimebag Darrell, murdered on stage.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyInvader View Post
    Sid James died aged 62 on stage.
    He had a heart attack as he sat on a sofa in the middle of the stage. The actress playing opposite waited for James to deliver his lines, but he just sat there with his head leaning back. The curtain was then closed.

It was rumoured that Sid James's ghost haunted the dressing room he occupied on the night of his death. After one experience during a gig there, the comedian Les Dawson refused to play the venue again. He never revealed why and would not talk on the subject.

stephenmiller Guest
    Man, I still miss Redd Foxx!! He was the man!!

BeeCee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenmiller View Post
    Man, I still miss Redd Foxx!! He was the man!!
    Yeah, one of the few people who could say something obscene and still look cute. (I realize that would be a matter of opinion.)

emeslovesheppy Guest

Man oh Man

I think both Bruce and Brandon Lee died while shooting movies. Can someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Wasn't Brandon shooting a movie called "The Crow?" Or something like that!

Kathyf Guest

Celebrities who died while at the peak of their fame

I did not see this, hope I put it in the right area. I will start with my favorite of course Marilyn Monroe in "Somethings Got to Give" first she was fired then she died and it was never completed.

xenaswolf Guest
    Hmmm lemme think....
    John Ritter
    Brandon Lee
    Hoss Cartwright
    Peter Duell
    Freddie Prinze Sr
    Grampa Walton

All I can think of off the top of my head

Martini Guest
    Bela Lugosi - Plan 9 From Outer Space.

onehunglow Guest
    Floyd the Barber
    Mr. Wilson

Oliver Reed - Gladiator
    Steve Irwin
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Guest Guest
    Redd Foxx, John Candy(found in hotel in Mexico)

Bake Guest
    Jim Davis (Jock Ewing) from Dallas tv series

Kareika Guest
    Jon Eric Hexum (SP?) died in October of 1984 after accidentally shooting himself in the head with a prop gun.

Oh, this guys was sooo cute.
    Shot himself on my 13th birthday and died a few days later. Most tragic

Kathyf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kareika View Post
    Jon Eric Hexum (SP?) died in October of 1984 after accidentally shooting himself in the head with a prop gun.

Oh, this guys was sooo cute.
    Shot himself on my 13th birthday and died a few days later. Most tragic
    VERY cUTE!

Bigfoot Guest
    The Lee's: Bruce and Brandon!

Jean Harlow died during the production of her last film "Saratoga". She collapsed when the movie was almost finished and it was completed with a double. This is discussed in other Harlow threads. But it was one of those unusual situations where they had to complete the movie somehow, the fans wanted it, so they edited it and got it out there, mainly as a tribute to Jean. Many people say she looked ill in the film, although I personally don't see much trace of that. She looks somewhat heavier (probably water weight from her failing kidneys) but apart from that, she looked beautiful and lovely as always to me. She was buried in one of the gowns she wore in the film.

Kathyf Guest
    What about Richard Crenna Judging Amy. I just thought of that.

daisymom73 Guest
    Heather ORourke, Poltergeist III.

xenaswolf Guest
    Lynn Thigpen
    Petticoat Junction Mama, can't remember her name
    Diana Hyland