Thread: Nicole Bobek

RoRo Guest

Nicole Bobek

Look at the picture...she's just 31...can't tell me she isn't a meth-head!!!

Former skating champ pleads not guilty in drug ring probe

(CNN) -- Former figure skating champion and Olympian Nicole Bobek was released on bond Tuesday after pleading not guilty in a New Jersey court to a drug conspiracy charge, the prosecutor's office said.
    Bobek, 31, who won the U.S figure skating title in 1995, was arrested at her home in Jupiter, Florida, last week on a charge of conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine in Hudson County, New Jersey, according to Guy Gregory of the Hudson County prosecutor's office.

She waived extradition rights to face the charges in New Jersey and made her first appearance in court on Monday via video, entering a plea of not guilty, Gregory told CNN.

Bail was set at $200,000, and Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said later Tuesday that Bobek had posted bail and was released.

According to the prosecutor's office, 20 people have been arrested in connection with the alleged drug ring, which police have been investigating for nearly a year.

Bobek could face up to 10 years in prison if convicted.

Her attorney, Sam DeLuca, was not immediately available for comment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	art.bobek.file.afp.gi.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	14970   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	art.bobek.hcpo.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	14971  

Sodapop Guest
    What a shame. She used to be so cute, too!

Dixie Girl Guest
    OMG..I never would have known it is the same person!
    She used to be talented AND cute, even if a little spoiled acting on occasion.

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Girl View Post
    OMG..I never would have known it is the same person!
    She used to be talented AND cute, even if a little spoiled acting on occasion.
    I agree! What a shame she took this path. She could have made a lot of money traveling with the Champions on Ice tour which I saw her skate in a number of years ago. I guess she didn't want to skate anymore and got hooked up with the wrong people.

guardmom2008 Guest
    That is sad, she looks so different and definitely a lot older than 31.

I can't believe that is the same person!

don't_axe_me Guest
    Very sad. A waste of so much talent.

Talking From dlisted.com

Figure skater Nicole Bobek, a former U.S. Champion, was busted in New Jersey for her role in a major New Jersey meth ring! Hmmm... Nope, Tonya Harding still holds the crown as the biggest piece of hot trash who used to be a figure skater. But nice try, Nicole.
    The New York Daily News reports that BoBo (I'm sure that was her dealer name) was arrested in Jupiter, FL last week and brought to New Jersey to faces charges for conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine. Nicole pleaded not guilty and is currently sitting in a cell on $200,000 bail.
    The prosecutor handling the case said BoBo â??played a significant role in this operation. She was actively involved in the upper echelon of this ring." If found guilty, Nicole could get up to 10 years in the chokey.
    If Nicole goes to the clink, she should just tell the butchies that she once licked on Tonya Harding's pulled pork sandwich. That bit of information should keep the snatches off of her for a while. Or maybe that will turn them on even more....

RaRaRamona Guest
    What a shame. She used to be such a doll.

RoRo Guest
    they should use before and after pics for an anti-meth ad

1karenhb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxyMillions View Post
    I can't believe that is the same person!
    My thoughts exactly!

pattykad Guest
    Wow, let's get a DNA test on that one.

13. 07-08-2009, 10:38 AM

Nicki Guest
    Oh My.....She does look very bad. Her skin says volumnes doesn't it.

RubySlippers Guest
    egads.

Princess Kim Guest
    How sad! I always thought that she was adorable when I watched her skating!

havoc Guest
    Faces of Meth.

Unfortunately, I've seen this up close and personal. Its crazy how fast this drug takes you out...

Didnt she get arrested when she was still skating? I´m thinking maybe shoplifting?

silverwaif77 Guest
    How else are you supposed to stay thin?
    Diets?
    Exercise?
    Why not embrace modern street drugs?
    (I'm kidding folks)

crazedfemale Guest
    This is very sad - I remember her lighting up the ice several years ago in Dallas at an ice show. She sparkled and the crowd loved her.

I heard the other day that CPS is overwhelmed with children rescued from meth addict parents and that only about 25 percent get their kids returned to them. The rest lose their children permanently because of their addiction.

man she looks like she's been rode hard and put up wet....

what a shame..
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

RaRaRamona Guest
    http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?cl=14442262

This guy died b/c he fought with the officer who pulled him over. He died of severe coronary artery disease, an enlarged heart (& a broken bone) and he had meth in his system. Scary that this much struggle (not much, in the grand scheme of things) was enough stress on his heart, combined with meth use, to kill him.

Uuuugh this is pissing me off. The video I want to post is the "Traffic Stop Turns Deadly" but the stupid train vid keeps showing up. Anyway, you can click the right one.

Pat Bateman Guest
    Wow...she is only 31. Still a young woman.
    How'd she get into the meth? There's got to be a story there.

don't_axe_me Guest
    I remember her lighting up the ice several years ago in Dallas at an ice show.
    Seems she still is...just different ice

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by don't_axe_me View Post
    Seems she still is...just different ice
    Oooh hohoho nice one!

don't_axe_me Guest
    Even a blind squirrel gets a nut every now and then...lol

Cadence71 Guest
    Holy Meth Mouth, Batman!

Always thought she was cute back in the day, but she had an edge to her.

Not pure white trash like Tonya Harding, but Nicole always seemed like she'd be willing to throw down if a fight started.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    Look at the picture...she's just 31...can't tell me she isn't a meth-head!!!

Former skating champ pleads not guilty in drug ring probe

(CNN) -- Former figure skating champion and Olympian Nicole Bobek was released on bond Tuesday after pleading not guilty in a New Jersey court to a drug conspiracy charge, the prosecutor's office said.
    Bobek, 31, who won the U.S figure skating title in 1995, was arrested at her home in Jupiter, Florida, last week on a charge of conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine in Hudson County, New Jersey, according to Guy Gregory of the Hudson County prosecutor's office.

She waived extradition rights to face the charges in New Jersey and made her first appearance in court on Monday via video, entering a plea of not guilty, Gregory told CNN.

Bail was set at $200,000, and Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said later Tuesday that Bobek had posted bail and was released.

According to the prosecutor's office, 20 people have been arrested in connection with the alleged drug ring, which police have been investigating for nearly a year.

Bobek could face up to 10 years in prison if convicted.

Her attorney, Sam DeLuca, was not immediately available for comment.
    OMG! I didn't even recognize her.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett