Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: San Diego Plane Crash: PSA Flight 182

Awesome pics, reving, thank you for posting! It must be either fascinating or annoying (or most likely both) living in this neighborhood. I'm sure there are plenty of people sightseeing- as I would.

I don't see any red on the wall just on the side walk paint peeling that is the fire zone.

reving19 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by amaranthaseven View Post
    Awesome pics, reving, thank you for posting! It must be either fascinating or annoying (or most likely both) living in this neighborhood. I'm sure there are plenty of people sightseeing- as I would.
    You are so welcome!
    For any Death Hag who lives close to Dwight and Nile, today is the 35th anniversary of the crash. If you can get out there, you might see some folks paying their respects to their lost loved ones.

Leopard-y Guest
    Someone posted this in one of my Facebook groups today. It's the Mayday episode about the crash, called "Blind Spot."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNV9xJZOfzM
    Last edited by Leopard-y; 09-25-2013 at 03:23 PM. Reason: link instead of embedded

Leopard-y Guest
    Also found this link to a photoset on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sdasmar...7624565525530/

Quote Originally Posted by Leopard-y View Post
    Someone posted this in one of my Facebook groups today. It's the Mayday episode about the crash, called "Blind Spot."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNV9xJZOfzM
    Cool video, thanks for posting!

I talked to my dad last night who was working the line at SAN that day. It's on of those things that he remembers where he was when this accident happened. He was fueling a 727 and looked up, saw the smoke from the crash. He said he's only seen two crashes in his career at American Airlines. PSA 182, and another involving a Lockheed Electra which crashed when he first started working in Chicago in the early 60's. He was again working at the line in ORD when he saw people on the observation deck - which they'd never have today - sort of rubber necking. He looked over where they were looking and saw the plane crash into Bensenville, IL near O'Hare.
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

What happened to my post? If it's a double post I apologize.

Three awful possibilities I thought up concerning that day-

(1) Did anyone take any awesome, horrifying pictures of that event, and just sat on them, or put them away? Some of the older witnesses may have died already or may be dying off now. (What's this in dad's shoebox?)

(2) Did anyone keep any parts of the plane? I'm sure that's illegal but I don't think that would stop most people.

God forgive me for this one...

(3) Did anyone keep any body parts they found?

No to #2 and #3. Horrors.
    #1- none that I know of
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

Quote Originally Posted by DexterKitty View Post
    I've read about this one extensively. I would love to see a picture of the man with 2 faces. On impact one guy's face fused to the back of another guy's head.
    Ya know...I wonder how that would even happen? Seriously that is so freaky.(old post I'm replying to I know. But, I hope you're still around DexterKitty)

Also. I tried posting some really gory pics (a link of course) I saw of the crash here before. But, the damn website they were on went under. I wonder if anyone got to see those. The worst was one of this old lady who had her door bashed open by a flying torso of a young woman (a stewardess I assume) the old lady was just looking in shock.

So to follower's question. Yes to #1. There are pics of this out there. Oh, I also saw the one of the guy who was setting in front of an oven in a home still strapped to the seat. That wasn't as harsh as the other pic I saw.

They came from a website called deepsix.com that has now been bought out by another company and the original site was lost.

Ahh!! The link works now! Cindy fixed it for me.

I'm gonna post it again.

http://www.deep-six.com/deathweb/page218.htm

Keep in mind that not all of these are from PSA 182. *And, they will haunt your dreams and make you toss your cookies....IF YOU CANNOT TAKE A 10 ON THE GORE SCALE DON'T LOOK! I mean it. I hate to scream. But, really my friends. Just know what you are getting into before you look. Okay. If you can take Nikki Catsorous and that Brazillian band. You can take these. If not. Don't look. Final warning, fellow hags.*

Only one pic is on there now. And, it's not the original one I saw. But, it is from PSA 182. That's confirmed. And, it's gorier than the ones I saw before.
    Last edited by Dr. Fishhead; 01-04-2014 at 01:35 AM.
    You robbed an international house of pancakes. How waffle-Harry T. Stone

Twitter: @rchamberlain87 Follow me if you want. Just play nice.

Only the good die young....

Thank you for the link. I think my sensitive inner child was strangled by looking at awful things, oh, about 2000. Places you should never go-

rotten.com

liveleak.com

Oh, Rotten is tame compared to livelink. IMO.

I have death haggery in my blood though. My grandma wanted to be a mortician. Too bad she never fulfilled that dream.
    You robbed an international house of pancakes. How waffle-Harry T. Stone

Twitter: @rchamberlain87 Follow me if you want. Just play nice.

Only the good die young....

I just recently moved to North Park, where this happened, there is going to be a memorial service on Wed and Saint Patrick's Church, I may go.

OMG I just looked at the map, I am on Boundary street, then it's Dwight and Nile, I could walk up there, I may just do that, and take some pictures

Plane crashes seems to be my particular kink and for some reason, out of all the crashes and disasters I have read about, this and the Allegheny Airlines 853 from 1969 seem to be the two that always stick in my mind and funnily enough, they were both mid air collisions.

Is there a video of the Cessna 172 falling? I investigate airline accidents but have not seen this video.

Thanks.

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Dawg View Post
    Is there a video of the Cessna 172 falling? I investigate airline accidents but have not seen this video.

Thanks.

Chuck
    There is a video that an amateur took of it dropping but it's not very clear to begin with. Add to it being a sunny day and the video being from the 70s, you really just see huge white objects coming down. I saw it on a news promo on YouTube a while back so it is floating around somewhere but I can't seem to find it at the moment.
    Last edited by Shellie; 03-25-2014 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Adding on.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    There is a video that an amateur took of it dropping but it's not very clear to begin with. Add to it being a sunny day and the video being from the 70s, you really just see huge white objects coming down. I saw it on a news promo on YouTube a while back so it is floating around somewhere but I can't seem to find it at the moment.

Thanks for trying. I looked pretty hard and can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Dawg View Post
    Thanks for trying. I looked pretty hard and can't find it.
    I can't be 100% sure but if you watch this Air Crash Investigation/Mayday episode about it (Blind Spot), I think you may see it on there but it's only a few seconds as far as I can remember.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18...pot_shortfilms

Giada Guest
    I've flown in and out of SD many times, always felt comfortable ...

Little did I know ...

http://petergreenberg.com/2014/01/06...ort-in-the-us/

• San Diego International Airport has the steepest descent angle in the US.
    • Bob Hope Airport, Burbank has very short runways that offer no margin for error as well as competing air traffic for Van Nuys Airport, very little of which is under air traffic control.
    • Chicago Midway International Airport has runways that 2,000 feet shorter than standard commercial airports which has caused many pilots to over-shoot the runway.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I can't be 100% sure but if you watch this Air Crash Investigation/Mayday episode about it (Blind Spot), I think you may see it on there but it's only a few seconds as far as I can remember.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18...pot_shortfilms
    It's on Mayday "Blind Spot." It's very carefully pointed out.
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviatrix View Post
    It's on Mayday "Blind Spot." It's very carefully pointed out.
    Yeah, I watched it again and realized that, that was where I saw it.

40 Years ago today. Remembering the 144 lives lost, there was a memorial today for them. If I could walk it I would go, it's three blocks but my knees are acting up and hubby is gone until Friday on a business Trip.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    40 Years ago today. Remembering the 144 lives lost, there was a memorial today for them. If I could walk it I would go, it's three blocks but my knees are acting up and hubby is gone until Friday on a business Trip.
    I got a bit too obsessed with looking into it after I watched the episode on ACI. It's one thing knowing the plane went down and people lost their lives but actually reading in detail what happened and how catastrophic it really was, was heartbreaking. There were a few instances of emergency responders who had to retire not long after because they couldn't get passed it what they witnessed and they still see it to this day.

They say for most aircraft disasters, a multitude of things usually have to go wrong. This was certainly the case here. If the pilots didn't lose a visual on the cessna, if there wasn't a second one to confuse the issue, if the cessna did not venture from it's flight plan, if the pilots were more clear with ATC that they weren't 100% certain they were past the plane and if the proximity warning at ATC was not ignored etc....
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

Shellc, I too get obsessed with disasters, and Pauli I agree. I was talking to an elderly guy that lives in the same house he lived in when the crash happened, it tore up his house and he and his family had to move for awhile until it got rebuilt, I was standing there looking at the corner where you can faintly see etched in the concrete Sept 25,1978, I had my k2 meter and another device I use for investigations and the man walked over to me and saw my items and he goes, yeah since my wife and I moved back into our house after the crash, we kept smelling jet fuel, smoke, faint screams, seeing flickers of shadows or people walking around that aren't supposed to be, hearing voices, he goes I didn't believe in spirits until the day that crash happened. I asked him if I could record him speaking, he said no, I asked if I could quote him in my book, he said as long as I left his name out, they try to forget that time. He said he can still remember seeing the bodies and such on the ground and he and his wife and child were walking down a sidewalk near their house, when it happened, he said thank God, they stayed at Chris' Market, Just a few mins later than they were going to or they would be dead.

Shellc, I too get obsessed with disasters, and Pauli I agree. I was talking to an elderly guy that lives in the same house he lived in when the crash happened, it tore up his house and he and his family had to move for awhile until it got rebuilt, I was standing there looking at the corner where you can faintly see etched in the concrete Sept 25,1978, I had my k2 meter and another device I use for investigations and the man walked over to me and saw my items and he goes, yeah since my wife and I moved back into our house after the crash, we kept smelling jet fuel, smoke, faint screams, seeing flickers of shadows or people walking around that aren't supposed to be, hearing voices, he goes I didn't believe in spirits until the day that crash happened. I asked him if I could record him speaking, he said no, I asked if I could quote him in my book, he said as long as I left his name out, they try to forget that time. He said he can still remember seeing the bodies and such on the ground and he and his wife and child were walking down a sidewalk near their house, when it happened, he said thank God, they stayed at Chris' Market, Just a few mins later than they were going to or they would be dead.
    Creepy. Also, if you look at the sidewalk in places there are still scratch marks left from the crash.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

I used to be obsessed with plane crashes, and there was reported paranormal activity after most of them.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    They say for most aircraft disasters, a multitude of things usually have to go wrong. This was certainly the case here. If the pilots didn't lose a visual on the cessna, if there wasn't a second one to confuse the issue, if the cessna did not venture from it's flight plan, if the pilots were more clear with ATC that they weren't 100% certain they were past the plane and if the proximity warning at ATC was not ignored etc....
    I remember back when I was going through all the sites, on several of them, there were comments from people who claimed to have worked with the airline at the time. They said the crew had been drinking the night previously and that might have been another reason but it had been kept quiet. I'm not sure whether it was genuine or just one person trolling as when people asked them other stuff, they disappeared.

One thing that disgusted me was all the comments talking about the people looting. I think there were 1-2 bodies that were intact the rest were just...anyway they were picking up the limbs, taking jewellery etc as if it was an everyday event not even caring of the carnage around them. As for hearing voices, It's seemingly quite common to hear those especially giggles from kids as if they are running past from what I read. One of the areas where many of the remains landed was an alley and that is seemingly quite active as well as the high school where the morgue was set up.

There was a site called sandiegoblog that I got a lot of info from but I can't seem to reach it unfortunately as it had many first-hand accounts from both the public and the emergency services and filled in a lot of details. I'll post it anyway as it may just be on downtime as well as some other's I found to be a good read if you are interested in the crash. There are obviously pictures of the crash site in them but no bodies/gore etc.

http://sandiegoblog.com/archives/200...sa-crash-1978/

https://hiddensandiego.net/blog_post/crash-of-psa-flight-182

http://sandiegohistory.org/journal/2...its-aftermath/

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I used to be obsessed with plane crashes, and there was reported paranormal activity after most of them.
    I still am.
    --McCourt

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    I still am.
    I'm too busy to be obsessed about anything anymore. Lol.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Yes Pauli there are scratches from the plane, I am obsessed with disasters, Fires, Floods, Crashes, also am obsessed with True Crime.

Yes Pauli there are scratches from the plane, I am obsessed with disasters, Fires, Floods, Crashes, also am obsessed with True Crime.
    In this respect we are kindred spirits. Even though I know the big true crime stories like the back of my hand I still can't help watching when they recycle one (how many Manson docs are there?)
    --McCourt

Pauli I rewatch crime stories as well, one of these days I'll take a picture of my book shelf and show you how many I have, the ones in the living room are full then I have a five tier shelving unit full of books on True Crime and disasters, I just bought eight new books, oh reminds me need to post them in the Death Hag Books section.