Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dearly Departed Tours - What Did You Think?

qulevergrrl Guest
    We are booked for tomorrow, 2/9 at 1:00 p.m.

the operator said there are six slots left...any takers...cmon cmon cmon!

qulevergrrl Guest
    bump

qulevergrrl Guest
    it's not too late!!! if you live in the so cal area! drop what you're doing and go on the tour with us!!!

bulldog0728 Guest
    wish i did live in cali right now, 21inches of snow the day before yesterday now -35 windchill w/50 mph winds tonight. eek

qulevergrrl Guest
    aaaaahhhhhh! o.k., cmon peeps. a lot of you are from around here. there is still time. there is still time...

qulevergrrl Guest
    Thanks Scott for the great tour! More to come, including pics.

Coming to town the 3rd week of July. Scott, You better be working July 20th!!

knothere Guest
    if i lived in the town id tour couple a xs a month

knothere Guest
    damn i wish canada had a hollywood

pinky2 Guest
    i will be going feb 22!! cant wait!! this will be my second time taking the tour!!!

Quote Originally Posted by qulevergrrl View Post
    Thanks Scott for the great tour! More to come, including pics.
    Thanks for coming! Sorry I had to jam immediately afterwards, I would like to have stuck around.

Elizabeth Guest

Hey Scott...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    Thanks for coming! Sorry I had to jam immediately afterwards, I would like to have stuck around.
    Do you try to spend extra time with death hags when they take the tour? Is that interesting to you to meet us face to face??

Just booked my Dearly Departed Tour for July 20th. Since I coming in on the 19th. this is basically the 1st thing on my list. Can't wait to meet you Scott.
    Even my non-death hag wife seems curious.

I'd book if lived in Cali, but I'm stuck off here in Georgia, afraid to fly.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

D3LIVIĆ?N Guest

The Dearly Departed Tour 3.08

After all these years I just took Scott's tour a week or so ago and it was great. He added depth and more perspective to things that I had only just explored driving around LA before. His sence of humor and stories were entertaining enough to make the whole tour worth while on it's own.

There were a few people on our tour that I don't think appriciated or understood quite what type of tour they were going on, acting completly shocked and almost offended by some of the things. Duh it's called the Dearly Departed tour, what did you think we were going to see?

I really enjoyed the tour, as well as the paranormal investagators/authors that were on the tour adding extra insight into some of Hollywoods less noted, hauted locations. If you are here from outside of LA I would say this is by far the best tour of Los Angeles you are going to take.

Sarah the British Hag Guest
    After a bit of a sudden change of plan with my honeymoon, we're now going to California. I lived there for college and I always wished DDT had been running when I was around. But shamefully I totally forgot, until this morning (in the shower actually) I had a sudden "Ohmygodthatswherewegottago" type revelation - and ran out the bathroom to tell the husband. So - is it too tragic to book now for June? I feel like such a groupie! I really want to go.

(btw. have we got a term for partners who are not into this at all, and might even think it's kinda weird? I guess Vanilla will have to do, til someone gives me something better!)

D3LIVIĆ?N Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah the British Hag View Post
    After a bit of a sudden change of plan with my honeymoon, we're now going to California. I lived there for college and I always wished DDT had been running when I was around. But shamefully I totally forgot, until this morning (in the shower actually) I had a sudden "Ohmygodthatswherewegottago" type revelation - and ran out the bathroom to tell the husband. So - is it too tragic to book now for June? I feel like such a groupie! I really want to go.

(btw. have we got a term for partners who are not into this at all, and might even think it's kinda weird? I guess Vanilla will have to do, til someone gives me something better!)
    I say book for June now, you never know how fast one of his tour would fill up. I was hoping we would be the only ones on the tour, but it turns out that there was no extra seats availble.

You could call them "life-hags"... I dunno

Pinknoelle Guest
    We're going June 4th, we booked a month or so ago. My husband totally isn't into this but he's going since I'm paying! Can't wait!

D3LIVIĆ?N Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinknoelle View Post
    We're going June 4th, we booked a month or so ago. My husband totally isn't into this but he's going since I'm paying! Can't wait!
    I'm sure there are at least a few things on the tour that he will be able to appreciate.

pattykad Guest
    I took the tour years ago....way before the internet! Sat in the
    back of the hearse and got alittle carsick. Saw Ann Miller's car next
    to us. Was it Graveline Tours back then?

Geez some money then, lol!!

cWHY, cWHY, cWHY!!!!!!!!!

I was excited to go last December, it was a birthday surprise from my sister. Little did I know that Scott was such a well known guy! Well, that tour led me to FAD, and now to this wonderful forum where I feel like I am with kindred spirits! Sorry, getting to excited here...oh here's a pic from the tour of Scott and me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

Sounds like you had fun. Nice pic and welcome Morty

Sarah the British Hag Guest
    I've just booked for June 18th. I'm too excited!

Jersey Girl Guest
    I just booked tonight.... will be heading out to California in 3 weeks for a couple of Mudcrutch shows at The Troubadour in West Hollywood (Tom Petty's band... pre-Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers). So, while there, I figured I HAVE to take this tour, right? See ya April 27th. Scott!

djdeath-hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
    I just booked tonight.... will be heading out to California in 3 weeks for a couple of Mudcrutch shows at The Troubadour in West Hollywood (Tom Petty's band... pre-Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers). So, while there, I figured I HAVE to take this tour, right? See ya April 27th. Scott!
    ENVY, ENVY, ENVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a safe & wonderful trip JerseyGirl and PLEASE report back here and tell me all about the tour!

Jersey Girl Guest
    ^ Thanks! I can't wait! Two of my very favorite things... Tom Petty and Death Hag stuff! Hahaha! I was so excited when I started to book my trip and I checked the calendar for a Dearly Departed Tour and saw there was one open for the day I wanted to go on!

JestersKiss Guest
    Family Vacation in Aug.......bammm and im going on the tour baby

alicecooper91 Guest
    Hopefully I'll get to go this summer. I've lived in this darned LA suburb my whole life and never been! I have to drag one of my friends along though since my mother doesn't quite appreciate my obsession with death haha.

Bake Guest
    I'm Cali bound in August...and my daughter and I are planning on one tour...I'm soo jealous, a friend of ours is coming out next week..and she's booked for Scott's tour...you'll like Marie, Scott...She's alot of fun!!

Ron Burgundy Guest
    Just got back from taking Scott's standard tour today. It was fabulous! Couldn't think of a better way to spend a few hours, even IF you aren't a Death Hag.

For Death Hags however, this tour should be mandatory taking. Scott does a wonderful job of narrating and interacting with the tour guests. He dished lots of juucy gossip as well....you'll have to take the tour to digest it all.

Anyway, thanks Scott...for a great afternoon.

Bob

Bob it was great to meet you today, what a great tour. I love it when everyone gets in to it like today. What a lot of fun. Thanks!

Lifeisafataldisease Guest
    Well another three and a bit years at University, and I might be able to start making some decent money to get over there! Mate, there will be a line of fire from Huskisson to Hollywood heh heh heh! Im gunna ask my sister in law to join me and maybe my mum, we will be united in our hagginess!!!

Jersey Girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Just got back from taking Scott's standard tour today. It was fabulous! Couldn't think of a better way to spend a few hours, even IF you aren't a Death Hag.

For Death Hags however, this tour should be mandatory taking. Scott does a wonderful job of narrating and interacting with the tour guests. He dished lots of juucy gossip as well....you'll have to take the tour to digest it all.

Anyway, thanks Scott...for a great afternoon.

Bob

I concur. Thanks for the tour, Scott. I had a really fantastic time on Sunday.

**Jenna** Guest
    I'd love to take the tour if I could ever get to California.

booked for July 2nd 2008 , can't wait soooo excited

lisalouver Guest
    Have not booked yet, but am hoping for a trip out to Cali in the winter months here. Possibly in Jan. I just can't get away until then.

I have a really good friend in San Diego that I am going to visit and then drive up to LA.

I have not been out there since 1996, can't wait!

Another tour ?

To all of you who have taken (or given) the tour.
    It sounds like people are a little reluctant to talk about what celebs
    have been on the tour but a simple question.
    Who have you seen walking around town during the tour?
    I've never been on the left coast except for LAX so I don't know
    how easy it is to see somebody.

miz rosebud Guest

Wink

if you go down to hollywood enough.You will see stars.and even ones you dont wanna see lol

Gary Guest
    I saw Drew Barrymore cruise by in her car once and Bo Derek was eating outside under an umbrella at a cafe on Sunset. Oh yeah, saw George Segal getting into his car at the Beverly Hills Hotel, too. He just had a normal looking station wagon.

charlieinnj Guest
    When we were on the tour last year, Scott pointed out Ron Jeremy having lunch in an outside cafe on Sunset Blvd.

QueenB Guest
    When we did the tour last year Scott pointed out Jackie Stallones house and we were parked up opposite. Then at that moment who came out round the front but Sly wearing a huge sunhat and he started watering the plants. Sly spotted us in the van and then hid behind a tree.

Very funny.

The tour

I was reading an old post I did asking about the tour and saying how my daughter will be on a make-a-wish trip and I got my ass handed to me.
    Make-a-wish is not just for those kids who are dying it's given to all kids who have cancer under the age of 18 and the kids get their wishes AFTER all their treatments are over and are in remission.
    It's a gift from them appreciating what they have just lived thru, she is not dying by a long shot but she is going thru a tough time at times and she really deserves a vacation when this is all over and done with.
    I feel really bad it was taken in the wrong way but I had to explain myself.
    I hope I'm welcome on the tour even if I didn't make myself clear the first time. Sorry about the people I pissed off.

Thank you for clearing that up. I thought you were just really heartless! I hope your daughter is doing well!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

newsocks Guest

doing HELTER SKELTER tour on aug 31!!WOOO!

this will be my third tour with scott. so excited.

ya we make sure to book the whole van. eep!

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I'm jealous as hell, I'd love to do that tour!! Have fun.

1karenhb Guest
    I did the Helter Skelter tour a couple of years ago and it was one of the best tours I've ever taken. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by newsocks View Post
    this will be my third tour with scott. so excited.

ya we make sure to book the whole van. eep!
    Can't wait to see you guys again!

MAMA2AROTT Guest
    Is the tour booked? Have been wanting to go for awhile now.