Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dearly Departed Tours - What Did You Think?

Sam Guest
    I'm jealous!
    I wish I were able to be there, although I do have photographs of the house taken in 1979 from Valentino's house.

WendyK Guest
    I am SOO JEALOUS...

Snudgie Guest
    I'm also green with envy...Have a fab time guys...give the gorgeous Scott a big snog from me!!

knothere Guest
    n post pics of all u luky ones that go on this tour too so all us poor sukkers get a lil sumin sumin at least plzzzzz

WendyK Guest
    Again you suck..

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I'm so jealous!!!!! I wish I was going to be there!!! Please take lots of pics and post them! Have a great time everyone!

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by newsocks View Post
    this will be my third tour with scott. so excited.

ya we make sure to book the whole van. eep!
    Me mad as hell and not gonna take it anymore...

I nevers gets to do anythin fun...Jealous of yous...

Dylgem22 Guest
    I, too, am jealous!! I can't wait until the day I book my first tour, but it's in the planning Scott, so be ready!!

Very jealous, still saving but having four rug rats and living in England means.......alot of saving but I will get there!

Don't forget loads of pictures, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy

cherryghost Guest
    Oh Im just sitting here thinking I must book a plane ticket to LA, Chicago and New York very soon and guess what I want to do in LA. I wanna do a Scott Tour!

tiger2 Guest

Smile Helter Skelter

My aunt and I are doing both trips on Sept 28th and we can't wait. Im so glad Scott has this website and all the trips for us Death Hags! Thanks Scott!

Bake Guest
    I booked my tickets today...I'm going on the DD tour on Aug 24th!! My daughter is going with me, because I bought!!! See you then Scott...I can't wait!!

It's definitely on my list of things to save for! I'm gonna see Winchester house on the same trip, too. And Donner Pass. May be the only time I get to California.
    Just drink lots of Kool-Aid, and take one of these blue pills three times a day.

hollywoodsaint Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylgem22 View Post
    I, too, am jealous!! I can't wait until the day I book my first tour, but it's in the planning Scott, so be ready!!

susalu Guest
    you need a chaperone? that scott can be a pip!

ShellBell Guest
    I would LOVE to do the Helter Skelter tour too, but unfortunately I won't be in LA in October when it is happening. I will be there in later October and have already booked the main tour.

RNovarro Guest
    Jealous here too! Have fun you guys!

xenaswolf Guest
    I doubt I'll ever be able to save enough to go on the tour, but Scott if you come to WA, you can take over the crappy tour I went on in Seattle. That would SOOOO rock!

Dylgem22 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodsaint View Post

I'll be seeing you there Hollywoodsaint!!

hollywoodsaint Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylgem22 View Post
    I'll be seeing you there Hollywoodsaint!!

Ha-- you better believe it, Baby Girl.

miz rosebud Guest
    awesome im trying to convince my best friend to go with me on the 13th of sept.......If not im going all alone.You are all gonna have a sweeet time

Nicki Guest
    Hey Laura Between Donner Pass, The Winchester House and Scotts Tour be sure and stop in at Hearst Castle. If your headed down Highway 1 from the Winchester House through Monterey and Carmel, stop at the Nenphente Resturant and enjoy something to eat out on their deck overlooking the Pacific Ocean. What a wonderful place. Absolutely gorgeous. Orson Wells bought it for new bride, Rita Hayworth in the 1940's when it was a hunting lodge. When they got divorced he sold it to the people that have it now and they made it into a very successful Resturant. Luckily it survived the recent fires. From there it is a fantastic drive right down to Hearst Castle, then on through the Santa Barbara Area. Then on Down for Scotts Tour! I'm hoping to go on that this year myself.

newsocks Guest
    yay! yay!!
    (sorry i posted this and then kind of disapeared!!)
    if i could i would take you all with me.
    i do nt have many real life friends that understand all this stuff. they just kind of think i am weird. haha.
    hopefully ill get a bunch of people from my work to go in october.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Went on Scott's tour last October, and we're going again this October. We plan on making it an annual event...though Scott I wish your Helter Skelter tours ran year-round/more frequently? We can never seem to squeeze into the schedule for that one, and I want to do it--BAD.

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    I am planning to take my BFF as a birthday present.

(I'd keep it quiet since she posts on here too, but she already knows...LOL!)

BooMom Guest
    Wish I knew - the last time I was in Cali was 1966.

Yes, I am older than dirt.

If you give me enough notice, I might be able to open a Helter Skelter tour. They do run all year round.

ShellBell Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    If you give me enough notice, I might be able to open a Helter Skelter tour. They do run all year round.
    If there is one scheduled for the week of Oct 20 thru the 24, let me know.

ShellBell Guest
    Heh. I have a friend doing the general tour with me in Oct. However, if she didn't want to do it, I would still do the tour by myself. There is no way I can be in San Diego and not go by LA at least to do this tour. Who knows if I will ever be in CA again.

knothere Guest
    when i become a fabulous billionare n get 300 cats
    n i go visit my rich producer cuz in santa monica
    thats when ill take the tour
    with bells on my toes

Quote Originally Posted by ShellBell View Post
    If there is one scheduled for the week of Oct 20 thru the 24, let me know.
    how many of you are there? drop me an email, scott@dearlydepartedtours.com I can't get on here too often, but will try.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    when I can convince my hubby to go to California. I'm working on him

newsocks Guest
    ohoh photos soon.
    it was pretty much a perfect sunday!
    barneys beanery topped it off perfect. yummy chili indeed!!

newsocks Guest
    here is a photo of SCOTT and I. he came with us to BARNEYS BEANERY after our tour for lunch.
    i hate to be typical but i think i look like a dweeb (i miss my red hair ) and scott looks fabulous.

trose Guest
    here is a photo of SCOTT and I. he came with us to BARNEYS BEANERY after our tour for lunch.
    i hate to be typical but i think i look like a dweeb (i miss my red hair ) and scott looks fabulous.
    You both look great! Glad you had a great time!

I♥TinyTim Guest
    How much does it cost to go? When's the next one going to be? Where do we meet up at once we get to CA?

Flying out Oct.2, will do tours that weekend, coming back Oct. 6

note to self: stay far away from the flash.

knothere Guest
    lol im slowwlyyyyyyyyyyyyyy influencing my sister that we shood go
    once i bring hollywood to canada eh

ShellBell Guest

Back from LA

Just got back from my trip to San Diego and Los Angeles, the later where, of course, I took the tour. There are just not enough words to express how much I enjoyed Scott's tour, by far the highlight of my trip.

Over three hours, riding in comfort in the van (the temps were in the 90s that day), and soaking up all kinds of sordid information (THE BEST KIND). Really it's the best $35 I have ever spent. Even my non-Death Hag friends really enjoyed it.

The highlights...

Scott actually leading a group of us into the men's bathroom at the park where George Michaels was arrested, to explain what went down... lol

Seeing where the Grease finale was filmed (that field looks so much smaller than I expected)....

Seeing the LaBianca house (not as isolated as I expected, it's strange to think how they picked that particular home)

and seeing all sorts of other things...Janice Joplin's death location, Menendez house, Halloween house (Scott said if he owned the home he would spent all day wearing a Michael Myers mask, popping up from behind the shrubs, scaring the passersby) *snicker*

Two major regrets I have is not being there at the right time to take the Helter Skelter tour and while I was touring Hollywood the last day (my travel mates left the night before), not having the proper info to go find Robert Lee's murder house... (this is prob. the story I am most fascinated with on FAD). Anyhow, I did find the wall on Melrose outside Paramount where psycho meth-guy was arrested. I shall have to suffer gladly.

I got some pics, but have to develop. My digital was wonking out on this trip. :P

Glad to be back. Much catching up to do.
    Last edited by ShellBell; 10-25-2008 at 03:22 PM.

xenaswolf Guest
    Welcome back and looking forward to the pics

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Well, let me be the first to say...YOU SUCK!!! Naw...I'm just jealous...PICCIES please!

Welcome back! I can't wait to see the piccies. I am also jealous. LOL.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Welcome back! I'm so jealous...can't wait to see the pictures!

Sounds like you had a incredible time.. Welcome Back !!
    There's more to the truth than just the facts. ~Author Unknown

Hey ShellBell,I am also taking the tour october the 29th.!,Iam really glad that you enjoyed yourself ! I have said on earlier posts that I was always out numbered when it came to a vote to go on the tour? I can't wait to meet Scott(finally)and see some of the sites? I will take lots of pics and ask lots of questions.

ShellBell Guest
    Hey Georgiaguy!

You will have a blast. I could do nothing in LA, but take Scott's tours and be happy. I look forward to hearing what you think and what made the most impression on you.

Everyone who has taken the tour, feel free to share your favorite highlights. I hope to take more in the future, maybe Helter Skelter, though it will be awhile before I get to that side of US again.

I love that the tour has a cozy, intimate (no, not like that :P) feel. *snork* Only 12 or 13 at a time and you get to ask questions. I wish Scott all the business he can handle, but I hope the number of people per tour stays at this amount. But the word has got to be getting out that this is the BEST tour in LA. I have never taken a tour where I have learned so much.

BTW, all the Scientology buildings are kinda... err... eerie.

endsleigh03 Guest
    It's only 35 dollars? Can't beat that for three hours.

1karenhb Guest
    In the last several years have taken 2 of Scott's regular tours and the Helter Skelter tour. Enjoyed every minute of all the tours but especially liked the Helter Skelter tour. Have lived my whole life in Southern Calif. and to see the actual places I've read about for years is incredible!

Snoopy Guest
    Welcome back..glad you had a great time! It really is an awesome tour and Scott is really just so cool...it was the highlight of our trip also! Looking forward to seeing pictures!