Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Alison Arngrim a Death Hag?

hoxharding Guest

Is Alison Arngrim a Death Hag?

http://www.dearlydepartedtours.com/D...sonAnrgrim.htm

I really am behind without my own internet-I got this via Twitter the other day. Is she a Death Hag?

Unless she is a money hag.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Alison has a great sense of humor, and grew up in Hollywood - she has loads of stories to tell, that are of interest to us death hags. I'm not sure she would call herself "one of us" - but that might just mean she hasn't been exposed to it enough to embrace it. She loves this stuff and dishes great dirt.
    Hero Worship - They Deserve it. I preserve it.

SilverAndCold Guest
    Someone contact her and get her on here. I've seen clips of her act and she is a hoot!

MoonRabbit Guest
    She was a terrific child star!

Ms. K Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    Alison has a great sense of humor, and grew up in Hollywood - she has loads of stories to tell, that are of interest to us death hags. I'm not sure she would call herself "one of us" - but that might just mean she hasn't been exposed to it enough to embrace it. She loves this stuff and dishes great dirt.
    Oooh, add another tour to my list.....I love her, I think she's a riot!

hoxharding Guest
    That would be fun! I like her and follow her Tweets on Twitter.=)

I would LOVE to see her tour! I think she's really great.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post
    I would LOVE to see her tour! I think she's really great.
    Me too!! I wish I could go!

RaRaRamona Guest
    I have never seen or heard her show but I like that she cares so much for child actors. She and another former child star...I saw an interview but now I forget who & where. Ah well, anyway kudos to her!

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I would love to hear her stories. We have to introduce her to the board. I think she would be a scream on here

Roaming Tigress Guest
    I love her

[IMG][/IMG]

Alison's tour with Richard was a riot. Really enjoyed her debut tour, which she peppered with interesting deathy things, to appease even the most cynical. If you are a Little House fan (a 'housie' lol) or just someone interested in Hollywood and her take on things, you won't be disappointed if you take the tour. I learned a lot, and I'm a tour snob : )

She totally didn't mind taking the piss at herself - even brought wigs! Oh my fuck, that face had me cracking up for about 15 minutes straight, when I uploaded these images.

guardmom2008 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beatlebaby4 View Post
    I would love to hear her stories. We have to introduce her to the board. I think she would be a scream on here
    I truly agree BB.

trose Guest

She totally didn't mind taking the piss at herself - even brought wigs! Oh my fuck, that face had me cracking up for about 15 minutes straight, when I uploaded these images.

OMG, that almost made me pee my pants! Hilarious!

djdeath-hag Guest

What a hoot! I would love to tour with her....though my life's goal is to tour with you, Scott! Thanks for sharing your pix & experiences with Nellie the bitch.

hoxharding Guest
    [IMG][/IMG]

Alison's tour with Richard was a riot. Really enjoyed her debut tour, which she peppered with interesting deathy things, to appease even the most cynical. If you are a Little House fan (a 'housie' lol) or just someone interested in Hollywood and her take on things, you won't be disappointed if you take the tour. I learned a lot, and I'm a tour snob : )

Thanks for the pics Scott-I love them!=)

HKWolf Guest

OMG! That is awesome. I've seen her on some VH1 specials and she seems very cool.

Another AA fan here! She looks like a riot! It's nice to see someone taking the piss, having fun, rather than trying desperately to hang on to past glory/pulling the diva act etc. She looks effing cool.

So wait, she has a tour too? Maaaaaaaan, got to get to CA!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Wow, that was some huge-open-mouthed-but-totally-straight-bromance greeting. (爆)~RaRa

Layla331 Guest
    Im a huge fan....i loved her on the show...and have seen some of her standup..would love to see her tour

don't_axe_me Guest
    She looks a bit like Baby Jane in that pic...lol.

Ahahaha! Love the pics!

Quote Originally Posted by don't_axe_me View Post
    She looks a bit like Baby Jane in that pic...lol.
    not an accident! Alison explained that the wig was designed by the same guy that did the Baby Jane hair for Bette Davis. Better yet, Alison's makeup guy is the same guy that made up Marilyn in her casket. Awesome info.

My_Smiling_Skull Guest
    not an accident! Alison explained that the wig was designed by the same guy that did the Baby Jane hair for Bette Davis. Better yet, Alison's makeup guy is the same guy that made up Marilyn in her casket. Awesome info.

That's FATE that is

djdeath-hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Smiling_Skull View Post
    That's FATE that is
    FATE and fame, in the very best way! She rocks!

Outlier Guest
    [IMG][/IMG]

What's the significance of your shirt, Scott? Care to share?

Quote Originally Posted by Outlier View Post
    What's the significance of your shirt, Scott? Care to share?
    9-30-55

James Dean's Death Date

Outlier Guest
    9-30-55

James Dean's Death Date
    A-ha! (And I just read your updated entry on James Dean.) Thanks, Scott.

JabezHyde Guest
    Alison just appeared on Nancy Grace, making some commentary (Nancy introduced her as "you may know her as Nellie Oleson; herself a childhood victim of sexual abuse") on the Neveah Buchanan case. I was excited to see her, but she was only given enough time to make a two or three sentence comment.

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    Ah ha! She's a closet Death Hag. She just doesn't know it yet

I think it's great but $100 for a 3 hour tour sounds a wee bit expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by JabezHyde View Post
    Alison just appeared on Nancy Grace, making some commentary (Nancy introduced her as "you may know her as Nellie Oleson; herself a childhood victim of sexual abuse") on the Neveah Buchanan case. I was excited to see her, but she was only given enough time to make a two or three sentence comment.
    You mean she didn't introduce her as her "alter ego"?

Fancynancy Guest
    Irritating that woman....

imadeathhag Guest
    Allison seems like a really cool person.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseysucks View Post
    I think it's great but $100 for a 3 hour tour sounds a wee bit expensive.

There are not many things I would splurge on- I paid a little over that to see Queen a few years ago. I think this would be totally worth it. Invite her on here darn it- I think it would be great!
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

knothere Guest
    its cool that hollywoods stars come n share their stories
    man that wood be the cats ass if ya i know prolly never will got to go on the tour n poof im the only non famouse there wow that wood b
    anyways like i said will never happen

IDK
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

RaRaRamona Guest
    The scene I remember best is when she was pregnant & eating pickles.

navallint Guest
    loved it when she rode down the hill in the wheel chair and was thrown in the pond.
    This woman has a great sense of humor, to overcome all the shit of her childhood. Saw her on Today, she never said if she kicked back?

Katie Guest
    I just finished reading her new book. It is wonderful. If you get a chance, pick up a copy.

Nicki Guest
    She is going to be at the RAZZ, Nikko Hotel, San Francisco on July 9 & 10th. I'm going with a friend.....Any other Death Hags going?

http://www.therrazzroom.com/10Artist/AlisonA10.html

July 9, 10
    Alison Arngrim
    Nellie Oleson of TV's "Little House On The Prairie"
    "Confessions Of A
    Prairie Bitch"
    Last edited by Nicki; 06-23-2010 at 04:50 PM.

pinkrose35 Guest
    I just love her. I'm going to get the book soon. I think she needs to come out as a Death Hag.

I'm going to order the book. Love to hear her take on LHOTP after reading Melissa G's book. And I think Melissa Sue is writing one, too.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Tebssis Guest
    Great article ich. Thought some of the readers' posts were kinda strange. I mean, who blasts a person that helps abused people??? Asshats.
    I personally think alot of Alison. Bless her heart.

If any of you guys are in LA next Wednesday night, Alison is doing a book signing at Larry Edmunds Book Shop, the Dearly Departed Tours launching place.

Here's our next 2 events @ Larry Edmunds Bookshop.

The wonderful ALISON ARNGRIM brings the prairie to the LARRY next WEDNESDAY, JUNE 30th @ 7:00 p.m. signing her new book, "Confessions of A Prairie Bitch."

Then, on SUNDAY, JULY 18th, @ 1:00 p.m., a SUNDAY matinee with author MATT BECKOFF and scream queens KATHLEEN HUGHES, CARLA LAEMMLE & ELENA VERDUGO. Horror-meister BOB BURNS will join in on the fun as well.

We hope you can make one of these great events @ LARRY EDMUNDS BOOKSHOP.

Keep up to date following LARRY EDMUNDS BOOKSHOP on facebook as well.

Katie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I'm going to order the book. Love to hear her take on LHOTP after reading Melissa G's book. And I think Melissa Sue is writing one, too.
    I just read Melissa Sue's book too. It was really good.

Sampiro Guest
    I can't recommend her book enough. It's not just a good LHOTP book or a good "former childstar memoir" book, it's a good book. She's funny as hell, she deals with things like her friend/ersatz husband's AIDS death and the sexual abuse by her brother without the least hint of self-pity, you understand how she loved and hated her parents (daddy was gay and a shameless self and daughter promoter, Mama was the voice of Casper the Ghost who not only didn't cook but couldn't pull back the foil from a TV dinner, and both were oblivious to their daughter's sexual abuse going on in their house and didn't feel the need to take her to the hospital when she broke her arm- yet they were also loving). She gives the perfect amount of dish (oh, okay, I'd love her to really let loose and tell all, but she gives a good amount- actually Melissa Sue is the only one who really gets more than a single barrel amount, though Melissa Gilbert's mom gets a load of buckshot as does the Greenbush mom [mother of the twins who played Carrie], but several others- Gilbert, Katherine "Mrs. Oleson" McGregor, Jonathan Gilbert, and others from the show seem like people you'd love to know.
    She also manages to write like she's talking to you, which if you've never tried it is very difficult, and she keeps in mind that if you didn't grow up on television then perhaps you may not know what latex pancake sponges or key grips are, so she explains it without being patronizing. You will also be looking for clips of LHOTP on YouTube to crossreference her story, and if you're like me the phrase "They look like they fuck like crazed weasels" will find its way into your parlance. I have a feeling she only lifted one or two of the petticoats in writing and I hope she writes more because I'd sure buy it.
    Last edited by Sampiro; 06-29-2010 at 04:04 PM.

Heavenly Tiger Guest
    I hope she is. I just love nasty Nelly!