Page 214 of 275 FirstFirst ... 115165205212213214215216223263 ... LastLast
Results 10,651 to 10,700 of 13704

Thread: Sharon Tate

Really ?
    Doesn't look like SHARON particularly for 1969.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Sam Guest
    Well, KELT there are SO many photos taken of her, who's to say?
    Everyone's spent time watching the DVD of "Rosemary's Baby" looking for a glimpse of her.
    These photos are much sharper and definitely show what she looked like then, and probably now. Just my opinion.
    I will say the three women are all one in the same, in fact, the last photo was taken at the new home on Cielo Drive with Los Angeles in the background.
    Last edited by Sam; 06-30-2010 at 09:41 PM.

No way ..........
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

lola Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Previously unreleased photo of Sharon Tate taken January 22nd 1969 by famous British photographer Brian Duffy who passed away May 31st, 2010.

Time enhanced photo of Sharon Tate as she would have looked as of June 30th, 2010 with LOTS of plastic surgery, and a somewhat better career.

Name at the bottom of first pic says Joanna Lumley...a Brit actress born in 1940's. IMO does not look like Sharon at all. Sharon was way more beautiful.

Previously unreleased photo of Sharon Tate taken January 22nd 1969 by famous British photographer Brian Duffy who passed away May 31st, 2010.

Time enhanced photo of Sharon Tate as she would have looked as of June 30th, 2010 with LOTS of plastic surgery, and a somewhat better career.

That's Joanna Lumley. She is a British actress.
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

She is brilliant in Absolutely Fabulous.
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

I suppose if it's Sharon, it's Sharon, but the two certainly don't look very much like her. In some of her photographs she did have a kind of peculiar, chameleon-like quality, but the eyes and features seem somehow off a bit-maybe its the angle or peculiar lighting.

Sam Guest
    Yes, It's Joanna Lumley. I might have known KELT would be the first to "bust" me. LOL!
    I just wanted to see how long it would take, and it only took a couple of minutes.
    You have to admit, she WAS a model, and is around Sharon's age, and it WAS more fun than trying to catch a glimpse of Sharon in "Rosemary's Baby".

Sam Guest
    I can just imagine an episode of "Ab Fab" where Patsy and Eddie take Scott's tour and get out of the van at Cielo, climb the fence, and have all sorts of trouble.
    Kind of like when Lucy and Ethel got off the tour bus to steal a grapefruit from Bill Holden's house.

Hagitha Guest
    Off Topic I know but I love Joanna Lumley, Ab Fab is my favorite Britcom.

Does anyone know if Leslie VanHoutens father is still alive? I haven't seen anything about him lately he used to be quite vocal about her getting released. I suppose he is getting up there now though if he's still around.

sedemika Guest

[/quote]

Can you please post again this photo, I can't see it =(
    I would love to see how sharon would have looked like if she were still alive.....

Sam Guest
    Seriously, I think it's better to remember Sharon the way she was, young and beautiful.
    Those age enhanced photos of Marilyn Monroe and James Dean serve no real purpose.

mrnorrischangestrains Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kaseyko1 View Post
    I was doing a lot of googling on Davis & came across several articles concerning his classmates & class reunion. It didn't list any names & I can't recall the name of the paper I read this article in, sorry. I'd suggest to just try googling to see if you can pull the the various articles.
    Ah no worries. I always forget to bookmark the really good links I find. Will get on it when I have some time on my hands.

Though I did find this in a quick search

http://bernie.cncfamily.com/sc/Manson_Bruce_Davis.htm

Davis as the possible Zodiac killer indeed . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Hagitha View Post
    Off Topic I know but I love Joanna Lumley, Ab Fab is my favorite Britcom.

Does anyone know if Leslie VanHoutens father is still alive? I haven't seen anything about him lately he used to be quite vocal about her getting released. I suppose he is getting up there now though if he's still around.
    he was in his early 80's about 10 years ago. even if Leslie gets a Parole recommendation she'll have another big hurdle to get past--- Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger who just rejected Bruce Davis' parole.

has anyone seen www.sensationalsharontate.blogspot.com ? it has interviews with Doris and some pictures of Sharon,Doris,Debra Roman etc. scroll down and you'll see a interview with pregnant Sharon after she finished 13 chairs, sad she talks about Roman and the baby saying how exicited she is and can't wait for the baby to be born.
    Last edited by ROBERT63; 07-01-2010 at 11:27 PM.

Hippo Guest
    I just wanted to make a comment about the party scene in Rosemary's Baby.

I have the DVD and have paused it at the appropriate places and studied the blonde ladies mentioned in other posts. I was particularly interested in a lady wearing a brown or red spaghetti-strap dress standing behind the red-headed lady embracing Mia Farrow, but I'm quite sure it's not Sharon.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT63 View Post
    has anyone seen www.sensationalsharontate.blogspot.com ? it has interviews with Doris and some pictures of Sharon,Doris,Debra Roman etc. scroll down and you'll see a interview with pregnant Sharon after she finished 13 chairs, sad she talks about Roman and the baby saying how exicited she is and can't wait for the baby to be born.
    What a fabulous find! So many photos I have never seen.

Gibby

I live in Los Altos Hills. It's about 10 miles from the Folger mansion. Having just found the address I hope to drive by it some time this weekend and take some pics.
    I have been by Our Lady of the Wayside in Portola Valley many times.
    Never knew Gibby's funeral mass was held there until recently. Also hope
    to swing by there and snap more photos.
    Having seen the crime scene photos and morgue photos, it's disturbing to
    visit her vault...knowing what's inside. I wonder if they were able to make
    her a bit more viewable?

Anyway...I know Susan Atkins grew up in San Jose, CA. I think I read somewhere that she went to Camden High School...which was torn down to make room for a strip mall many years ago.
    Anyone know of a home address?
    an address?

Sam Guest
    Sorry, I don't know her address then.
    I do however have a current address for her.
    You can write to her at;

Susan Atkins
    No Mercy Lane
    Eternity, Hell 66666
    Last edited by Sam; 07-03-2010 at 05:49 AM.

20. 07-03-2010, 08:03 AM

Hagitha Guest
    No Mercy Lane, gotta love it.

TEXAS HAQ Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hagitha View Post
    No Mercy Lane, gotta love it.
    LOVE the address and OMG the ZIP CODE

Sorry, I don't know her address then.
    I do however have a current address for her.
    You can write to her at;

Susan Atkins
    No Mercy Lane
    Eternity, Hell 66666
    That is hilarious! Glad I wasn't taking a sip of my drink when I read that, Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by kaseyko1 View Post
    That is hilarious! Glad I wasn't taking a sip of my drink when I read that, Sam.
    I hope we are around when Watson,Manson,Krenwinkel, Van Houten, Davis and Beausolei rejoin Sadie at that address and they are all together again.

I hope we are around when Watson,Manson,Krenwinkel, Van Houten, Davis and Beausolei rejoin Sadie at that address and they are all together again.
    Indeed! Yep, they can sit down there in "Eternity, Hell" & Charlie can play his guitar & his choir can sing along. Ooh, as I wrote that it just dawned on me that I had recently seen a clipping of Charlie singing that he was in the devil's choir!

Charlie would love that singing in the devil's choir, wouldn't he?

On another note, does anyone here remember reading something about one of the Family either going to Vietnam around '68 or going and coming back around that time? I seem to remember reading or hearing something to that effect, one of the Family going off to Vietnam. Something about them coming back and then flipping out and being involved in one of the killings. But like I said, I'm not sure if this is something I heard /read or something I'm confusing with another murder.

The only thing I've read is that Bruce Davis had gone over to London for a short time - which coincides with the time that Joel Pugh was murdered. I've never read anything where any of the members went to Vietnam, though.

Yeah, I remember reading that recently as well.

Okay, according to this, he served in the U.S. Army for two years. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-Britain.html

Then again, if he had served in Vietnam, I'm sure they would have mentioned it.

Btw, is there a website that would list all the people who were drafted during the Vietnam war? I know it's a long shot.

Come to think of it, I totally worded the question wrong, even in my mind. What are the chances of anyone even remotely connected to the Family / Sharon having been in Vietnam? I figure with all the people coming and going on Spahn and the people Roman and Sharon knew, there were bound to be some.

Not sure where I'm going with this to be honest but I seem to want to connect it to Vietnam somehow, not to find excuses for their behavior but clues maybe, especially to the other murders that occurred (again, I'm thinking Marina Habe). Somehow I really want to connect it to that. Anyone know what Charlie's take on the whole Vietnam War issue was?

Leslie's parole hearing is today she has a new lawyer who will refer to rulings by the Califonia Supreme court in 2008 and 2009 affecting standards for parole. the Ca Supreme court has ruled that parole boards can not deny a inmate parole based on the crimes alone no matter how brutal they were. and there is no evidence that Leslie is not a danger to society" says the article Leslie's new lawyer Brandie Devall will represent Leslie at the hearing July 6. but if she is denied parole again under a new law the Board can deny her 3,5,7,10, or 15 years. wow 15 years I'd love that.

Fluffy-54 Guest
    Leslie's parole hearing is today she has a new lawyer who will refer to rulings by the Califonia Supreme court in 2008 and 2009 affecting standards for parole. the Ca Supreme court has ruled that parole boards can not deny a inmate parole based on the crimes alone no matter how brutal they were. and there is no evidence that Leslie is not a danger to society" says the article Leslie's new lawyer Brandie Devall will represent Leslie at the hearing July 6. but if she is denied parole again under a new law the Board can deny her 3,5,7,10, or 15 years. wow 15 years I'd love that.
    Hey Robert, thanks for the info!! I knew she had one coming up but hadn't realised it was so soon. I can't help but think it's only a matter of time until she gets out. I don't think the others have any hope but I do think one day LVH will be freed.

Let's just hope that day is not today!

just google or use what search engine you prefer and click on news. Leslie made YAHOO'S top 10 search list. Debra has been critized for attending Leslie's hearings and crusading against her release. well Doris was against her release too she began by collecting petitions against Leslie's release even though Leslie wasn't at the Tate house that night only LaBiancas.

Andrea Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy-54 View Post
    Hey Robert, thanks for the info!! I knew she had one coming up but hadn't realised it was so soon. I can't help but think it's only a matter of time until she gets out. I don't think the others have any hope but I do think one day LVH will be freed.

Let's just hope that day is not today!
    Yow! After her excuse of "I only stabbed her after she was dead" I think she needs to stay. They all need to stay and I would have been less afraid of the one-legged Atkins on her death bed living next door. What they did was outrageous and scared the hell out of more than one generation.

I was glad to read where Leslie Van Houten's parole was denied for 3 years. It seems her refusal to speak directly to the parole board members is what did her in more than anything at this point in time, along with her dealing with men. It seems that Debra Tate was speaking on behalf of Angela Smaldino, a La Bianca family member. Here's the article:

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

Hippo Guest
    To kaseyko1:

I heard that Vincent Bugliosi had given an opinion about whether Van Houten should be paroled, but I don't know what it is.

Would you happen to know?

I haven't read anything so far about Bugliosi giving an opinion, but I'll do some more searching. If he did, I would be interested in reading what he had stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
    To kaseyko1:

I heard that Vincent Bugliosi had given an opinion about whether Van Houten should be paroled, but I don't know what it is.

Would you happen to know?
    I've searched much info but am not seeing anything where Bugliosi is really making too much of an opinion on Van Houten. I have provided some additional links concerning the parole hearing. There is one brief interview with Bugliosi where he talks briefly about the repeal of the death penalty in CA. There is one link showing the parole board & shows Debra Tate in attendance. Interesting to note, Van Houten refused to have her face televised, in addition to refusing to fully accept her responsibility in the murders to the parole board. Also interesting is that Barbara Hoyt testified at the parole hearing.

http://j-aj.com/manson-leslie-van-ho...says-07052010/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNwb1InN3RM

http://www.timesonline.com/bct_news/...19th-time.html

Desertrose Guest
    Wow, I was so hoping for an updated photo of Van Houten to see how much more ragged she has become over the years. Her little grayed hair bun makes her look 80 - wonder how many more wrinkles she has now on her face. No more of those little happy face photo ops anymore.

IIRC The Bug was for letting Atkins out during her illness, but I haven't read anything about his opinion of Leslie.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Hippo Guest
    The reason I ask is this: I live in SoCal, so this is on my local news.

There was a teaser, I think they call it, "coming up tonight at 11:00--" and they were supposedly going to have a statement by Bugliosi, but I didn't see it, nor could I find anything on the websites of the various networks.

I don't even recall which day it was--obviously within the past three days or so, but I would have liked to have seen it. On the other hand, maybe it was one of those things where they make it sound like it's going to be an interesting piece of news, and turns out to be something stupid, like something Bugliosi said 30 years ago.

MMM Guest
    Hippo, Is this what you were looking for?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wUnTStOlZs

Bugliosi, on 7/5/10, calls Van Houton "most morally culpable" of women who killed for Manson, since she was the least committed to him.

havoc Guest
    I've always wondered. Were Atkins, Krenwwinkel and Van Houten all imprisoned at the same facility all these years? Did they interact or have any contact? I've never heard this addressed....

Sampiro Guest
    Well hell, I guess I have to scrap my "Get Leslie Van Houten on Dancing With the Stars" facebook campaign for another two years.

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    I've always wondered. Were Atkins, Krenwwinkel and Van Houten all imprisoned at the same facility all these years? Did they interact or have any contact? I've never heard this addressed....

yes the 3 Manson girls were at Frontera Women's prison until Susan Atkins became terminally ill and was moved to the Chowchilla prison until she died last September. I have heard Pat and Leslie were still close friends . Pat had said in a past interview she hoped at least Leslie got released. Tex Watson even said they should let Leslie out. I heard Pat and Leslie blamed Susan for them getting caught with her jail house confessions and they had nothing to do with her now that's internet gossip like the Debra Tate was disowned by her parents rumors.

SEL2323 Guest
    I have a question. I have been listening to lost of 60's music lately and there is one song that I cant listen to and NOT think of the Manson murder's. It's "Nights In White Satin". I cant really tell why, maybe its just the haunting vocals on it but I hear it and I have to watch everything there is on the internet. Anybody else? Or is it just my crazy self?

I know exactly where you're coming from, only my song is Summer Wine. Now that you mention it, Nights In White Satin makes me want to read up on the times. But with Summer Wine it was instant.I remember hearing the latest cover by accident and bam, instant flashback. Even now, whenever I hear it, there's no way I can avoid it.

SEL2323 Guest
    Oh, " Time of the Season" as well. It kind of has the same wierd vibe to it for me - love the songs though. Except they do kind of put me into Sharon Tate Death Hag mode :/ I have been on youtube all night long. Yikes

Sampiro Guest
    Just as Buffalo Springfield's For What It's Worth ("there's something happening here...") always makes me think of Vietnam footage.

GuiltyLittleDeathHag Guest
    No wonder that witch had her parole denied, so glad to hear it!!!! I am so sick of hearing them complain about parole, you're mass murderers!!! If they really had any remorse in their souls, they wouldn't even have the gaul to ask for mercy; they'd know they didn't deserve any!!!!

What gets me with Van Houten is how she acts like all she did was stab a person when they were already dead, that she really didn't kill anyone. I don't understand how she can think that going into a home & knowing the people were going to be killed, & she helped hold down the victims so they could be killed a little more easily, isn't equivalent to committing murder. Thank goodness the parole board had the same thinking with this, and due to Van Houten's unwillingness to answer the board's questions with regard to her attitude, it appears this is what caused her parole to be denied.

I like the point Bugliosi makes, that these killers ought to be thankful that they are alive, that had the death penalty not been overturned, they would all be dead long before now.

Hippo Guest
    This is to MMM:

Yes! Thank you so much--that was exactly what I was looking for.

I never thought of Leslie as being the most morally culpable since she was the least attached to Manson. Mr. Bugliosi makes an interesting point there.

GuiltyLittleDeathHag Guest
    Yeah and who the hell would take part in stabbing anybody, dead or alive?! What is nuts? Seriously. If my "friends" broke into a house, tied two people up and were brutally stabbing them to death, I would be like "Ok, she's dead so now I can stab her too!" I'd be flipping out and running to get help...So even if her story were true, which I doubt, still doesn't obsolve her from being a psychopath.

Today, next door, I heard a loud bang, scared me half to death, and then I heard a lot of screaming, my neighbor's boyfriend was beating her up, and she was screaming bloody murder "Please get off me, get off me", and I ran and called 911, you don't just stand there and let someone be attacked and possibly killed!!! Even Linda Kasabian, I understand her daughter was there, but seriously, how can you just stand there and do nothing knowing somebody could die???? Sick, twisted...