Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Princess Diana

Laurie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Entwhistlestop View Post
    Daddy Al-Fayed bought Harrod's to gain acceptance so Diana would have been literally the entire crown. His stories of their "true love" and her pregnancy are just nuts.

ITA. And I love your screen name!

HippieMama Guest
    Great movie . . . but remember, NONE of it was factual, it was someone's interpretation of what MIGHT have happened. And remember the thing about the stag that got shot? It was all metaphorical . . . the Queen looked at the stag that had been stalked after it was killed and felt terrible for it, mentally comparing it to Diana.
    Also remember, she was thrown unexpectedly into the throne, she was by far not first in line to take it and she was very young at the time. She just did what she thought was protocol. Not saying she was right, but I digress . . . my point is, remember the movie is not a documentary and is complete and utter fiction.

agreed, but I think they took a pretty good stab at it. The Queen actually invited Helen Mirren to Buckingham Palace after the film's release, is widely regarded as the Queen approving of her depiction.

firegilnotguns Guest
    Was just going to say what you just said, Scott!

Catherine of Siena Guest
    We tasted large arab sizemeat a couple of time in LA in the early 1980s, when a lot of them were coming to town for the petrol business then. They were young and hot but very unpleasant. However, we were $well compen$ated for our efforts! And you can be sure that not a drop was wasted!

6. 10-05-2007, 02:40 AM

relander Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine of Siena View Post
    We tasted large arab sizemeat a couple of time in LA in the early 1980s
    Geez what's that?? Kebab or something?

Catherine of Siena Guest
    The arab sizemeat we tasted was long, thick, and cut! Also, they were all agressive tops(yum!)

The arab sizemeat we tasted was long, thick, and cut! Also, they were all agressive tops(yum!)
    Scott, I really hope the posts on your new board are not going to end up going this route on a constant basis...

Harry in Connecticut Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Personally, I think the whole thing was just a tragic accident. A drunk "limo" driver who was speeding to try and out run the photogs and ran into the wall. JMO.
    I agree. Why would the Royals even consider offing her?

It'd be like killing a maid you fired last year.

Catherine of Siena Guest
    Scott, I really hope the posts on your new board are not going to end up going this route on a constant basis...

Well... get her!

Catherine of Siena Guest
    Because of the disgrace of having the mother of the future king boinking an arab coke dealer - with or without babies.

candleinthewind Guest
    I think Mohammed Al-Fayed is trying to get back at the royals/UK govt. for denying his citizenship and generally not kissing his butt. He bought a yacht and encouraged Dodi to court her because he wants to be acknowledged as a big shot. Dodi and Diana hadn't been dating long and I don't think she was that into him. I think a lot of information is being withheld and there are some suspicious elements in their deaths, but most of Al-Fayed's claims are garbage.

Littleroben Guest
    We keep seeing more CCTV and pictures of what happened that night, but unless anyone who was actually there is going release more information, there will always be some doubt about what went on. I genuinely believe it was an accident, but because some things happened which were not explained, such as her being embalmed without authority, it's been built up to a conspiracy.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    God knows I love a good conspiracy but I think this was just a very tragic accident because the driver was shitfaced.

I do wonder, however, about the bodygaurd. Does he speak publicly about it at all and if so, what does he say?

Littleroben Guest
    It's been reported in the papers that the bodyguard, Trevor Rees, doesn't remember anything about the accident.

Catherine of Siena Guest
    Whatever was the cause of the 'accident' we still say what we have said from the moment we first hear the news 10 years ago: Good riddance to bad rubbish!

QueenB Guest
    Whatever was the cause of the 'accident' we still say what we have said from the moment we first hear the news 10 years ago: Good riddance to bad rubbish!

Good God what is your problem? Or as my Mum says "What crawled up you and died?"

JPMorbid Guest
    I hope we get to see more someday.

thats not very nice? what's your probelm?

I think it was just an accident , the driver lost control , not all the rubbish about her going out with a muslim /being prenant that was a load of crap - but why is it still being dragged out 10 years later???

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleroben View Post
    It's been reported in the papers that the bodyguard, Trevor Rees, doesn't remember anything about the accident.
    That makes sense. I was in a fairly bad car accident several years ago and all I remember is seeing my can of Diet Coke flying out of the cup holder.

QueenB Guest

Aries - I fully agree!! *clapping*

I feel it was just a tragic accident. That's what happens when someone drives drunk. And, to top it all off, if Diana had been wearing her seatbelt, she most likely would have survived, just like the bodyguard.

incognito Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by limey View Post
    I feel it was just a tragic accident. That's what happens when someone drives drunk. And, to top it all off, if Diana had been wearing her seatbelt, she most likely would have survived, just like the bodyguard.
    I agree, she was in the back seat and easily could have avoided death if she was wearing her selt belt. I don't know why people can't accept this fact and then go and create all the conspiracies. It's rather silly. This accident was pure negligence (paparazzi or not). Over 100mph speeds in city streets, a very drunk driver and a tunnel. Makes perfect sense.

Is this how Princesses usually go? Princess Grace also died in a car accident.

relander Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by incognito View Post
    Is this how Princesses usually go? Princess Grace also died in a car accident.
    Nah, it just proves that speed kills, pincess or not!

Catherine of Siena Guest
    We think Trevor is very hot - he gives us 'the vapors'.
    The reason he 'remembers nothing' of the accident is quite simple: He just wants to keep breathing!

Catherine of Siena Guest
    "thats not very nice? " Nice or not, it's the truth. The Queen Mother was also a commoner - like Diana - but she understood very well the importance of her role and behaved as such always (also, the Queen Mum was the greatest fag-hag in England - the sisters lover her!). She was not an exhibitionist ass-hole like Diana was.

lynette Guest
    Seems rather ironic that these amazing photos--and they are amazing--were taken by paparazzi...

Should we even look????

QueenB Guest
    "thats not very nice? " Nice or not, it's the truth. The Queen Mother was also a commoner - like Diana - but she understood very well the importance of her role and behaved as such always (also, the Queen Mum was the greatest fag-hag in England - the sisters lover her!). She was not an exhibitionist ass-hole like Diana was.
    The sisters love the Queen Mum?? News to me.

jester joker Guest
    Yeah, 'cause Camilla was too old and dried up to do that for him. I bet that's why they wanted Chuck to marry Diana instead.
    Too funny, Aries! However, the rotweiller, er...oops, I mean Camilla Parker 'BOWELS' was married at the time so she was out of the 'running'.

jester joker Guest
    Hmmmmmm....I thought that Princess Margaret was the 'fag hag', but what do I know????

Quote Originally Posted by jester joker View Post
    Too funny, Aries! However, the rotweiller, er...oops, I mean Camilla Parker 'BOWELS' was married at the time so she was out of the 'running'.
    His family didn't him to marry her in the first place and Camilla got tired of waiting for him to pop the question - which is why she married someone else instead.

The family wanted him to marry someone young and attractive to "boost" the family image and put them in the spotlight again.

They ended up getting more than they bargained for.

And in the end, Chuck and the Rott got married anyway!

TrueBlueAngel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    Wendy, I'll jump in for a sec. The Queen, the real Elizabeth II is the ONLY member of the Royal Family that has not embarassed it. She is a classy lady, that was bred to not show emotion. I really don't think it was in her programming, to show grief publicly - especially for someone like Diana. I am a fan of Diana, but she certainly knew how to stir shit.
    Sorry Scott, got to disagree here. QE2 let us down the day Diana died. No flag flying at half mast, no mention of her in church services and it was only due to public grief and demand at her heartlessness, that she was advised to come back to London and face her public. If the Queen hadnt have instigated the marriage of Charles and Diana in order to get a heir to the throne, Our Queen of Hearts would still be alive. There's nothing classy about that!
    Last edited by TrueBlueAngel; 10-14-2007 at 05:37 AM.

Ruffian Guest
    Hate to be the lone dissenter here, but I don't believe the driver was even that drunk. I believe he would have shown some signs of being under the influence and if that were the case, I highly doubt Rees would have allowed him to drive them. Paris is notorious for screwing up in their labs. They don't label things properly and there is no chain of command. I think the sample they are attributing to the driver is not even his. And I'm no conspiracy theorist. I think it was an accident as a result of the stupid paps chasing them and flashing them in the face. Look at the pics....it's like a deer in headlights.

Lobsters Guest
    I tend to agree. Whether he was drunk or not, they were driving extremely fast and with all those cameras going off. Plus, no seat belts all come together to make a tragic accident.

MLowe05 Guest
    I believe it was a tragic accident, as well. Close inspection of the Mercedes and tests conducted by Mercedes show that if all had been wearing seatbelts, it is possible that everyone would have survived. The Mercedes was travelling about 60mph according to tests performed by Diamler, not the 90-120 a lot of news reports said. If you visit the inquest site and scroll through the photos you will come upon one of the car, sans roof, after everyone has been removed. Then you can see just how well the survival space in the cockpit was maintained.

Also, it is often reported that the princess had to be extracted.. this is not true. The rear door where the Princess was sitting opened normally. Per the French investigation she was found sitting slumped in the floor, back against the front seat, legs up in the backseat. The roof needed to be cut off to get other victims out. The fact that the glass of the rear doors and rear windshield remained intact is a huge testament to just how well built those cars were. I'd be willing to bet that in another brand, chassis flex from the violent impact would have exploded all windows.

Tragically - Diana and Dodi died because they did not wear seatbelts. No one will ever know if Henri Paul could have survived regardless.

The only suspicious thing that irks me about her death is that Mercedes was denied access to the vehicle and their offer to help was turned down. That certainly seems strange, considering they could have been an asset. No one knew more about the vehicle than they did.

RoRo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    Wendy, I'll jump in for a sec. The Queen, the real Elizabeth II is the ONLY member of the Royal Family that has not embarassed it. She is a classy lady, that was bred to not show emotion. I really don't think it was in her programming, to show grief publicly - especially for someone like Diana. I am a fan of Diana, but she certainly knew how to stir shit.
    We Americans can't understand how the royals are brought up. They are taught to not show emotion in public probably because they lead the nation by example or did before all the scandals began being public. I admired Diana but she was just a person and I have heard she would let the paparazzi know her whereabouts at times just as some celebs do still.
    Her death was tragic, not sure if it was an accident...seems hard to believe the driver could stand up much less drive if he was that drunk, jmo.

champagne Guest
    I am very interested in all the info on the site and love reading FAD, but have always had a problem looking at the photos. Are there photos of the victims in the links?

I seriously need to get over my squeemishness if I am to stay here.....

Andrea Guest
    QE2 has had the good sense to keep the crown from Prince Charles, so gotta respect her for that. Re Diana, I don't think it was a planned death because there would have be less "messy" and more certain ways to do that, if somebody wanted her out of the way. Diana knew about Camilla when she married Charles, and I put that down to her being naive young girl at the time. At the same time, I think she pretty much knew what she was getting into.......but hoped it would be different.

Andrea

TrueBlueAngel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
    Diana knew about Camilla when she married Charles,
    So did the Queen and Prince Philip, yet they still encouraged this naive young girl to marry him. Swept away by a powerful family and the delusion of romance - who could blame her? Sad, but we can't replace her or bring her back. Personally, her death was just a dreadful accident, although the media chasing her car should be done for manslaughter.

Lobsters Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne View Post
    I am very interested in all the info on the site and love reading FAD, but have always had a problem looking at the photos. Are there photos of the victims in the links?

I seriously need to get over my squeemishness if I am to stay here.....
    With respect to Diana...I believe there are some photos of her in the car...but it was taken from a TV program and they are very grainy and not at all gory.

Scott is very good about warnings of oogy picturres

Nowereman Guest
    Q. Whats the difference between a Mercedes and a Hyundi ?
    A. Royals wouldn't be seen dead in a Hyundi.

I am Australian/Geordie and I know what the British establishment are capable of. I lived through the 1983 miners strike, and suffered Thatcher for years before leaving the England for Australia. I have to say that Mohammad Alfyed has a point, I wouldn't put it passed the establishment bumping off Di, for the very reasons that Dodi wasn't white, Anglo proddie.
    When I heard the news of Di's death I thought straight away, she's been bumped off. It's so easy to make the paps scape goats, the establishment will try and blame everyone apart form them selves. Lets face it we will never know the truth, I mean if they do get Phil the Greek on the stand and he's found guilty, it's the end on the Monarchy. It'll end up like JFK, the truth sealed in a box until everyone guilty is dead and long gone.

Tina Brown's book, The Diana Chronicles, was a fascinating read. And yes, Diana was not the completely innocent little victim that she like to depict herself as. Definitely a manipulative shit-stirrer. But I say, Good for Her!!

I also wondered why Mercedes never seemed to take too much heat on the fact that Princess Di was killed in one of their cars. Yes, she and the others probably would have survived if they were wearing seatbelts, but they were still killed in a Mercedes. I remember shortly after the incident, seeing a commercial on TV for Mercedes touting all their great safety features. It seemed so ironic at the time, and I wondered if that particular commercial was developed before or after the accident.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

firegilnotguns Guest

Scarsguardianstalkr Guest

dianas clothes

just for curosity sake does anyone happen to know what happened to the clothes she was wearing when she died. yes i have been told im a sick morbid person but u have to admit it would be an interesting bit of trivia

Bake Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by scarsxofxlove View Post
    just for curosity sake does anyone happen to know what happened to the clothes she was wearing when she died. yes i have been told im a sick morbid person but u have to admit it would be an interesting bit of trivia
    I thought I read somewhere that they were burned.

Scarsguardianstalkr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bake View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that they were burned.
    that doesnt surprise me at all and in fact that would have been my guess

According to Operation Paget ( the British investigation into her death) the clothes she was wearing on Aug 31/97 were given to her former butler, Paul Burell. He burnt the clothes in his fireplace. I have the entire report and there is no doubt that her death was a tragic car accident.

dirttrackdemon3 Guest
    not sick and morbid my friend, remember when bonnie and clyde got it, people were snatching everything they could. heard a rumor that some guy tried to cut off bonnies nipple! when dillinger got it, ladies and gentlemen were dipping their hankerchiefs in his blood for souveniers!! so welcome to the club. i mean come on, we are all guilty!

Danny62 Guest
    that doesnt surprise me at all and in fact that would have been my guess
    Or we will see them on ebay one day!!

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    According to Operation Paget ( the British investigation into her death) the clothes she was wearing on Aug 31/97 were given to her former butler, Paul Burell. He burnt the clothes in his fireplace. I have the entire report and there is no doubt that her death was a tragic car accident.
    Paul sold out Diana when he wrote those two cheesy books about his life with her and sold some of her things he "claimed" she gave him.

I'm pretty sure he's hanging on to those torn, bloody clothes for a good sized pay-out one day.